The Pokemon RP

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Re: The Pokemon RP

Post by Heero »

Gabriel nods, "yeah everyone seems too hung up on how we fought than who we fought and why they attacked. So what if my decisions put some at risk, we have to take risks when fighting...besides i didnt see anyone else coming up with better ideas or taking charge!"

Gabriel runs his hands through his hair and lets out a deep breath. "Sorry i guess what clare said struck a nerve more than i thought...but yeah i think some training would do us some good. What do you say deino?"

Deino yips excitedly and runs around his legs. (Laughs) " Alright buddy." Gabriel bends bown and pets him on the head.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Asmund nodded back to the guard, thanking the man before he left. After Reyn had called out to the others, he caught both Mia and Peter approach. He walked to Peter, clapping him lightly on the shoulder.

"You speak the truth, Sir Peter. Not only is it our partners that get strengthened but our bonds as well; between our partners and us, and between us humans as well. We'll need to take every advantage we can get. Perhaps we could break bread in the morrow?" He heard Zelos speak about improving the soldiers of Palette with our training, which went well with his earlier words.

Draping his coat over a shoulder, Asmund gestured they make way to the school grounds now, Beldum following behind him faithfully.
Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Drack »

Nate:

Maxwell seems a bit perplexed as he takes the blanket and Ralts doll. "Uh, sure I'll take good care of your friend, and bring her to you first thing in the morning." He says carrying your partner in his arms as he leaves with Kanbei both of their Pokemon following behind towards the castle.

As you approach the group of heirs Victor grins. "Ah, good to see you Sir Nate. We were just comparing notes on our battles to learn more about this empire, unfortunately in the battle Ashley and myself had we learned nothing the grunts and their leader Leopold were no help."

Maru speaks up. "Well that Andrea woman my team faced gloated a lot when her forces had the upper hand for a while, most of what she spouted on about was nonsense about how she was going to get a good jump in rank and a lot of cash for capturing the few of us that were battling at the time..." He says trailing off with a disgruntled look on his face.

"That means your team probably faced that warrior with a Zoura...Robin was her name right? Did her team give any information that might be helpful in figuring out more about this Empire? I need to why all of this seems to be centered around me and my homeland, It's driving me crazy to be in the dark."

Victor chimes in well if it's centered around you and Varlox then you should be the well of information Ashley. I imagine their Emperor would be someone like a disgruntled advisor, or an old war rival of your fathers."

She sighs. "Unfortunately, dad kept me out of most political affairs. He thought I was too blunt and needed to grow more as a person and warrior before allowing me into his counsel."

Asmund:

The other heirs quickly follow you, looking back you can see Gabriel and Graham also following.

Gabriel:

Graham nods "Alright sounds good. He says patting his Tynamo on the head as the group of heirs start to take off. "Well, we shouldn't keep them waiting..." He says as he starts to walk after them

Asmund and Gabriel:

As you walk through the town streets you notice despite the late hour the city is very lively with the combined effort of guards, civilians, and their Pokemon already working to repair the damage done by the battle. Once you reach the school grounds you find it empty, it's a bit damaged from the recent activity but the schoolhouse is still in good shape. Everyone gathers together on one of the battlefields and Zelos speaks up first. "Well, we probably got some time to get things sorted out before the guards come to help us so what's the plan? I think we should split into teams of two of us and a guard friend battling it out." He says folding his hands behind his head.

"Really, I though we would just face the guards in one on one mock battles." Reyn says crossing his arms

Graham then voices his thoughts. "To be honest, taking on the won't be easy. Despite our success today I imagine there will be a gap in power still between our two groups, so I agree with Zelos. This will give us a much more even playing field, and allow us to work on our teamwork with other heirs. Not to mention our new foes like to attack in numbers, so getting used to battling in this format is a good idea."

Most of the others nod in agreement when you two guards approaching including the Doduo warrior from before, the other is a familiar face to some of the group as a woman with dark brown hair save for a small strip of red hair in her bangs as a Staravia flies to her side. "Greeting, Jack informed me that everyone here is interested in seeking further growth, which I am overjoyed to hear. To be honest I figured after the day we have endured all of you would be packing it in early for the night, But all of my colleagues are ready to train with you, and I will act as referee tonight." She motions behind her as you see more of the Palette guards eagerly approach.

Among the other guards you notice their Pokemon partners to be: Meowth, Farfetch'd, Tauros, Teddiursa, Minccino, Girafarig, and Deerling.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

When Maru mentioned their opponent had the upper hand, I look at him perplexed. "You were in a tough spot? I was sure newt boy would have run rough shot, with his Dino's hissy fit attack." I shake my head. "Our battle went well. I believe only one of us had to use the berry juice. Apart from that all I can tell you is that Robin can copy her opponents appearance, and voice. She has good choice in styling. She took on my appearance. Good thing it wasn't decided by fashion. She styled over everyone but me. However I still won there, as a cheap knockoff can never beat the original!" I say with a laugh. "However back to being serious. Her skill seems to be connected to her Zora. It copied Athena, and she copied me. Both illustrations were shattered when it took a hit. Also I don't think she can talk in her true form. She went silent as soon as she switched back, not even issuing an order..." I trail off pondering for a moment. "Her bond is... admirable. She can convey her message with a look. Actually this would be a good goal for us to work toward as well. If we can attain this level of bond with our partners it would be amazing strategically."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

As they walked Asmund caught sight of both Graham and Gabriel joining in from the corner of his eye. He thought nothing of it, meant more would train which was good in his book. Along the way he and Beldum watched as the citizens and soldiers worked together to repair their home, even at this time of night. He'd see if he could get a dispatch out to his Grandfather; with his parents captured then his grandfather would be currently in charge of his homeland.

He banked the thought as they reached the school grounds. As they gather around he listens as Zelos, Reyn and Graham bring up the matter of training format. Zelos had the right idea, and Graham expanded on it. Asmund though, felt it could go a little further. Before he could say anything the guards arrived, led by the man with the Doduo and Annette. A small smile appeared on his face as he approached.

"It is good to see you again, Lady Annette. It heartens me to know that you were not felled our enemies." He gave her a nod along with a Metalnian salute, his chain-mail clinking with the movement. He turned back to the others.

"Zelos and Graham have the right idea and reasons. To build on that we can use a training technique used in Metalnia." He let that sink in a moment before continuing. "As some of us battle, the other heirs will watch from the side lines and discuss what they see with the guards. Not only will it allow each of us to see how we battle and see if we are compatible for future bouts, but we can also gain insight from Palette's warriors own observations. They'll see things we won't thanks to their experience, that insight will be invaluable for us now and in the future."
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel walks over with graham and listens to everyone talk. Liking the ideas that both zelos and graham have brought forth gets him a bit excited. Then Asmund speaks up with his idea. hmm not a bad idea. he thinks. " Asmund has a good idea and i'm willing to try it."

Drack
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Drack »

Nate:

"Well, it's complicated...but he did help when he showed up." Maru then shakes his head. "Anyways, that is good to know about Robin...her fighting style is unique to say the least it seems. We shall have to keep and eye out for her in the future for sure." He says with a chuckle at you observation of her. "So, what does everyone want to do? I would love something to eat honestly."

Victor chimes in. " We could go take a dip in the bathhouse to re-energize ourselves and our Pokemon...I mean, if Ashley is okay with that. I'm sure it's separated for gender, and I think Clair went that way so you wouldn't be just with Sneasel."

Ashley shrugs. "It doesn't really matter to me what we do. I just want to do something to take my mind off of this situation." The three then turn to you "What do you want to do Nate? We don't want to stand here all night so I'll let you be the tiebreaker unless you have your own idea."

Asmund and Gabriel:

Annette smiles as Asmund notes that he is happy she is unharmed, she returns your salute with a Palette salute. "I too, am glad that you...I mean everyone is unharmed." She looks away for a moment as you both add your input on battling the tactics. "I-I see, that will be quite helpful to make sure everyone benefits from each battle." She says now seeming focused again. "I suppose now would be the time everyone gather together to form battle teams there is enough of you to handle this in a tournament style, though there is an odd number of you participating, so if one of you would like to volunteer you could assist me in overseeing the match. I would suggest to those who are joining in to perhaps pick fellow heirs who you haven't been around much or someone you don't think you pair well with, you never know who you will be back-to-back with on the battlefield with in the future."

At that most of the other heirs begin to speak among themselves pairing off. You see Yuri talking to Zelos. "Hm, pairing with people we don't really like...I guess that would mean I should pick you Zelos!" She says teasingly.

"Ah, you words wound me worse than any blade, but I shall assist you." He says clearly hamming up his performance.

Reyn then approaches Gabriel and Graham and Graham speaks up as he approach "Oh hello Reyn, did you want to team up with Gabriel again?"

"No, actually I wanted to team you Graham. You're pretty good with strategy, something I'm kinda weak at and usually just brute force my way through stuff...so maybe you could help me sharpen my skills?'

Graham thinks for a moment looking to Gabriel for a moment before looking back to Reyn then nods "Yes, that fits with our training goals...I'll see you later Gabriel." He then leaves with Reyn as they talk together.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

I ponder for a moment. "Well both of those are good suggestions, but to be honest. I am wound for sound, so I think a hot bath would help us all relax. Then we can eat once we are. I don't know about you guys, but I can never eat when I'm all amped up. Besides I'm a little worried about Clair. She seems upset, and having someone to talk to may help. That is if Ashley doesn't mind. We may even be able to get her to grab some food with us after."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

He noticed the slight slip of tongue from Annette and quirked a brow as she refocused herself, slotting the information for later. Watching some of the heirs already team up made Asmund smile, this was good. Better futures were based on choices like these, but he was quick to temper the feeling as he knew that failure lied in believing you already had victory in hand. This may be a good start, but a start it still was. It will take time for all of them to grow stronger.

With that he gave Annette a nod and smile, before approaching Cassandra and her Riolu. Beldum began speaking with the little blue Jackal.

"Lady Cassandra, I hope you fair well. Might I ask for us to be partners for this training session. we've yet to fight alongside one another and both my father and grandfather spoke of good things from fighters of Steelfist."
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel nods at graham as he leaves, "good luck friend." he says and looks around, most everyone else has teamed up so he walks over to one of the guards with the Tauros, Would you like to team up? i feel like we should work more with the guards in case we are alone and need your help."

Drack
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Drack »

Nate:

"That is fine with me, a hot bath might help me finally relax." Ashley says with a faint smile. The other two warriors nod in agreement and all of then head off towards the bathouse. Along the way you see the town of Pallete is finally starting to quiet down with many of the villages starting to pack in repairs for the night, and some of the guards starting to relax and celebrate their earlier victory with drink and songs, while others still remain ever vigilant keeping a watchful eye for a possible new attack.

Once you reach the Bathhouse you see it is still in good shape and open you see an separate entrances for men and woman, outside you see Clair's Swinub rolling around in the dirt playing. When the tiny Pokemon notices you it lets out an excited oink as it rushes over and begins to play with the others Pokemon.

"Hm, wonder why Clair left her partner outside?" Victor muses.

"Ice type." Ashley says flatly. "Ice Pokemon don't like scalding hot water, much less Ground types so Swinub wouldn't appreciate a place like this, and he would make a good lookout for someone trying to peek." She says kneeling down to give the tiny pig Pokemon a pat on the head. "Sneasel wouldn't like it either, and Aron would sink like a stone to the bottom of the water. So everyone should leave their Pokemon outside to keep Swinub company."

Victor gulps as the though just now crosses his mind. "Right, need to keep Aron out of the water." Maru also nods in agreement as he lets Spinarak off his shoulder to play with the other Pokemon.

"Good." Ashley says happily as she starts to walk over to the woman's entrance, but she then looks back to the group with a vicious glare. "By the way, don't even think about peeping boys...or I'll make you regret it for the rest of your days." She then turns back to the Bathhouse and her tone of voice returns to normal. "Well, see you later, I'm going to meet up with Clair." She says walking inside.

Asmund:

Annette gives you a quick nod avoiding direct eye contact as you walk off.

When you approach Cassandra and and offer to fight to fight alongside if her she turns to you and nods. "Of course we shall fight alongside you Asmund, I have wanted to train with you, and Riolu and myself are more than willing to show you the strength of Steelfist." She says proudly as she holds out a hand to you.

"First things first, which of the guards should we pick to fight alongside us?" She then looks over to the guards still standing in position. "Well, it seems Gabriel has thought ahead and is paring up with a guard first. Tauros was going to be my first pick, so who do you think will benefit us the most? Personally I would choose between the Deerling warrior or the one with Minccino...." She then pauses for a moment appearing to be in deep thought. "Though, I have heard in a far off land that Farfetch'd are fiercely powerful warrior Pokemon, but I will defer to your judgment."

Gabriel:

As you approach the guard with Tauros he quickly salutes you. "Of course sir, I would be honored to fight alongside you, but it appears that there is only you and two other heirs not in teams yet, if you don't go with one of them now we won't be able to be a part of this training round." He says pointing back to the other heirs, and sure enough it appears the only one's not in teams yet are Peter with Foongus and Mia with her Trapinch who are now talking to each other as you turn around.

Peter and Mia both look at you with Mia speaking up first. "Oh, looks like it's only the three of us left. Well, me and Peter worked together earlier today in the Empire's first attack, and He's kinda lagging behind everyone else, so I'll sit this tourney out and let you all fight." She says clapping her hands together and walking off with a hum over to Annette with her little Trapinch scurrying along behind her.

Peter sighs rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, I guess that solves that. You already picked one of the guards right. So that makes our team pretty well set, and all we need to do is come up with a game plan to beat everyone else."

Asmund and Gabriel:

Now that all the Heirs are paired up and Mia taking a place on the sidelines talking with Annette, the other pairs of young warriors are all planning together as they all plot to pick the guard that they think will benefit their teams the most.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

"Must... resist... defiant impulse... Oh, no! Must... also... resist... stupid impulse." I fight it for a moment before stiffly walking into the men's entrance. Once in I begin to get undressed, before saying loud enough to be heard over the wall. "I never would have considered it if I hadn't been told not to, but you're right Victor pink is a good color on Ashley." I say obviously guessing at the color of her underwear. I then say in a voice loud enough to be heard by the men. "I resisted the defiant impulse, sadly the stupid one was too strong."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

With a smile Asmund heartily shakes the hand offered to him. He looked at the line of guards as Cassandra spoke, contemplating.

"Without knowing their moves it can be a difficult choice, though it seems Gabriel won't be partnering with Tauros after all.." He idled with the hilt of his war hammer. "Teddiursa can be surprizing strong, their adult form Ursaring are known to be quite powerful.... any of them can be...." Asmund hummed a moment, then nodded.

"We'll start with Minccino, it looks innocent but I have the feeling if we underestimate it we'll pay for it." He smiled to Cassandra, amusement in his tone. He jerked his head to the duckling pokemon.

"I've also heard that tale, that only those whom have survived many battles earn the strength they can wield. Although, I thought I heard that those Farfetch'd were darker in color?"
Last edited by Creator_Drake on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel turns to Peter as he walks up, "hmm well first why don't you tell me what your foongus can do and see what we can improve."

Drack
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Drack »

Nate:

There is a long pause after you speak, you looking over at Maru and Victor who both share a look of anger and horror. Eventually you hear Ashley's voice from beyond the wall. "That's not even close Nate..." She says in annoyed tone and you hear a hard thud on the side of the other of the wall right in front of you. "That's strike one guys, don't test my mood anymore." You then hear her walk off into the bath area. With both Victor and Maru breathing a sigh of relief.

"What were you thinking, that could of spiraled really out of control?" Victor says his voice filled with anger.

"It's fine, she took it pretty well actually good thing your guess was way off...let's just try and keep from pressing our luck Nate." Maru says calmly as he finishes undressing. "Come on, perhaps after we all get a good soak in us and the girls can have a good laugh about it." He says walking into the bath area. Victor just shakes his head and does the same.

In the bathing area you can see it has a very plain look with the walls lined with stone, there is a large thick wooden wall dividing the men's and woman's area, on the divider you can see an ornate carving of several Pokemon playing together beside a pond with a small pedestal next to the pool holding a fire that heats the water, the room is already pretty hot as you can see Maru already adding some charcoal onto the fire heating the water as Victor is already inside the water sitting in a corner with his eyes closed appearing to relax.

Asmund:

Cassandra nods as you talk about the rumors of Farfetch'd. "True, perhaps they can only get that strong in their native region?" She ponders before returning her focus to team building. "Minccino, is your pick. Alright, let's go ask the guard what her and her Pokemon is capable of..." She says before marching towards the Minccino and it's trainer. "Hello, we were thinking of teaming with you, but we were wondering what you and your Pokemon could do?"

"Oh, well alright. Minccino has the ability Skill Link that lets it's Double Slap attack hit five times every time." She says with a mischievous grin. "Her other moves include: Helping Hand, Tickle, and Knock Off. I personally have the warrior skill Impact, which gives all my moves a chance to flinch for three turns."

The Steelfist warrior has a surprised look on her face. "Impressive, I think that is the same kind of warrior skill Reyn has..." She then turns towards to you and says softly. "I think she is a good pick, you were right for us not to underestimate her. Do you want to go with her or try asking someone else first?"

Gabriel:

Peter nods "Well, I haven't battled much since the defense of the castle earlier this morning, but Foongus has the ability Effect Spore which gives it a chance to inflict status moves on our foes if he is hit physically, and he currently has the moves Absorb, Growth, and Body Slam. My personal skill is Added Bonus, which Increases probability of Foongus' moves inflicting status ailments on enemies."

The guard with the Tauros then walks up to the two of you. "My Tauros has the ability Anger Point, which maxes out his attack upon getting hit with a critical. His moves are Horn Attack, Rage, Scary Face, and Tail Whip." He says proudly. "And my personal warrior skill is Fortify, which raises Tauros defense for 3 turns. So will you let me fight along side you?"

Asmund and Gabriel:

You look around and see the other teams already meeting up with the guards Zelos and Yuri are talking to the warrior partnered with Jack and his Doduo, and see Reyn and Graham talking to the female warrior with Deerling. The other guards have started to shuffle towards the sidelines beside Annette and Mia.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

With a nod Asmund looked about the others. Leaning his head over his whispered back. "Normally I would try asking the others to get a better idea on who to choose but it looks like our time's run short." He jerked his chin towards the others, catching sight of them either shuffling to the sides or partnering with the other heirs participating.

"I too find her to be a good pick, in the future we won't always have such good fortune." Straightening, he offered a hand to the soldier with Minccino while smiling.

"Your partner sounds both strong and crafty, useful when fighting as a group. We would be honored if you would train with us this day Miss....?"
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel smiles and bows to the guard " We would be honored to have you fight with us. So as for deino he has tackle, dragon rage, fovus energy, dark pulse. His ability is hustle which boosts attack but lowers accuracy. And my warrior skill gives +1 to SP. Attack."
Looking to peter, " With your status aliment abilities and my attack heavy abilities we should make a great team."

Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

"Oh, come now what fun is life without a little mischief, and Chaos?" I say in response to Victor's chastisement. "Sorry, I was just teasing. I honestly had no intent to peek, nor had the thought even crossed my mind until you told me not to." I call back out to Ashley. I then dress down, and head into the water myself.
Drack
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Drack »

Nate:

Victor frowns a bit at your retort but doesn't respond. When you call out to Ashley apologizing you hear her voice. "It's alright, I know I'm a bit on edge with everything going on right now, and it was obvious you were bluffing, so let's all just agree to drop it." You then hear her softly talking with who you can only guess to be Clair.

Once inside the water you find it to be quite hot, but incredibly relaxing as you almost instantly feel you stress and pains from the day's challenges start to melt from you body. Looking over you can see both of guys are also relaxed as Victor is sitting in the water with his eyes closed almost as if he is trying to meditate, and Maru is calmly staring at the ceiling appearing to be in deep though as he soon speaks up. "So, what do you think Kanbi's plan is for the Empire?"

"Hm, what do you mean?" Victor asks opening one eye.

"Well, he mentioned discussing their plans tomorrow, so that must mean him and Maxwell have some idea cooked up." Maru says with a yawn.

"Obviously it will be mobilizing our forces on either Wattray or Steelfist we can't just sit here and defend Palette for the rest of our lives. In my opinion Steelfist is our better option, from what I've heard about the people of Steelfist they won't just accept a Tyrant taking over their home with no contest, so we will likely have a good chance at swaying the people their to our cause." Victor says flatly with his eyes still closed.

"Perhaps, but our intel from that warrior Nate and some of the others captured earlier suggests that is where they have dug in their heels in the most in this part of the region, so perhaps going after the less fortified Wattray first might be a better choice..."

Asmund:

The female warrior takes you hand shaking it gleefully. "My name is Dorothy, and it will be a pleasure for me and Minccino to fight alongside the two of you and your Pokemon." She says cheerfully.

"Right." Cassandra says looking back at the others, well looks like everyone is paired up. I wonder how Annette plans to set this series of battles up." The Steelfist warrior ponders aloud. "Anyways, we better let everyone know we are ready so we can get started."

Gabriel:

Peter nods crossing his arms as you say they will make a good team. "I am glad you agree, well not much else to do but wait for everyone else to get ready. We should step to the sidelines with the others as we wait."

"Yeah, that's about the only thing we can do for now..." The guard says gruffly.

Asmund and Gabriel:

The other heirs and their new guard partners gather together in front of Annette and Mia with the Annette speaking up. "Good, looks like all of the heirs have picked their teammates, so Mia and myself have put together a small bracket for the four teams to battle it out. First up will be Reyn, Graham, and Judith verses Gabriel, Peter, and Roy. After that we will have Asmund, Cassassandra, and Dorothy verses Yuri, Zelos and Jack."

Mia then chimes in. "Oh, and also the two us talked and came up with a good idea to fire up the competition, so we decided to give out some prizes to the team with wins the whole thing." She says with a grin.

At that time, the members of the first two teams take their place on the battlefield and prepare to start their battle. Reyn call out to Gabriel's team. "Alright, I hope the three of you are ready, because we don't plan on losing tonight!"

Deino: 28/28
Foongus: 26/26
Tauros: 43/43

Heracross: 33/33
Tynamo: 24/24
Deerling: 40/40
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

I lean back, close my eyes, and allow myself to sink down into the water stoping just short of the point I would start floating. I listen to the two discuss the future plans. When they ask my opinion I let out a yawn before answering, eyes still closed. "I believe I have already offered my aide to Steelfist. Further when Athena learns Disarming voice I should be able to use that combined with confusion to have an advantage against most any pokemon we encounter there. Further the newt seems to be friends with the electric prince, so will likely go with him. At this point I think he, and I are beyond cooperation now. Even were I to swallow my pride, and play nice he is openly hostile toward me." I put my arms up on the edge of the spring to keep myself from sinking. "It is what it is, but for his people's sake I hope he is smart enough to let go of his spite before he ascends to the throne. If he declares war on my nation... well I would make sure it is not a mistake that will be repeated." I let out another yawn. "Can you wake me when you get ready to leave, or I start turning red like a krabby?" With that I allow myself to doze off.