Monster Rancher

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Re: Monster Rancher

Post by Heero »

Gabriel flinches at the name MOO thinking. Aw crap this is bad. if we stupidly let her join us then we'll have even stronger monsters after us because of her.. he looks between the salamander and the lizardmen gripping his staff so tight the the blood leaves his knuckles either way a fight is going to happen..
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Post by axc_o »

and all of the sudden the fight for the boy degenered into a friendly disscusion...
<<Listen you fucking Shotacon, this is a stupid Idea! You know Moo has more powerful Monsters than you can even imagine!">>
"...shotacon...fuufuufuu.."
Jean was lost in this fight so his mind decided to just grab the only word he recognized and laugh a it
<<The little Hobgoblin begins to cry. "I'm sooo hungry!">>
*grrrr*
"ahh... that's my call for breakfast"
the merchant said as he put his sword on shoulders and pats the little girls head
"wanna come and share some toasts? I think I saw my bento around some broken boxes at my chart"
without waiting an answer, Jean start walking away with a whistle tune not bottering about the other lizard girls nor his 'current' allies
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Drake was soon developing a twitch. Today had just been one weird event after another, and despite Drake's patience and openess to new experiences, he was reaching his limit.

Sure, he couldn't fault Hansel, the kid didn't want anyone fighting so it was due course for him to invite the Salamander to join them. The kid was safe.

But of course the Lizardmen just HAD to show up right after. And the airhead just HAD to look at him like that. She just HADb to pissed/ impressed didn't she? He just knew he'll be getting from her in particular from now on, he could feel it.

Then the Salamander throws things for a loop by ordering them to stand down, basically saying that she'll join his group just to protect Hansel. But when one subordinate called the Salamander a shotacon... yeah, now the twitch was going full throttle.

Before he could speak, and possibly wind up yelling and doing something he'd regret, Ruhiel spoke to the group of Lizardmen, basically reiterating what he himself had told the Salamander minutes earlier, modified of course.

Then of course the little girl just had to whine about being hungry. And Jean... ooh Jean was going to get an earful later. He had the gall to simply start walking away from all this?!

Today was seriously testing him; his knuckles were bleach white as he gripped the staff. His other hand clenched nearly as often as the twitch beside his eye.

He took a couple deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. He didn't know why he was letting his annoyance get to him, then again he'd never been in a situation like this. Once Drake felt he had a better grip on himself, he turned slightly to the group of lizardmen, looking at them from the corner of his eye.

"You're only going to hear this once. You're superior made her choice, now I think it's time you left." His voice was low, but his tone was sharp and clear. Everyone could probably hear the slight effort Drake used to keep his voice steady, but he didn't really care. At this point, he just wanted those girls to leave, and for things to calm down, and FINALLY get a chance for his mind to fully realise the situation.

If things kept escalating like this he'd snap; fly off the handle and do something incredibly stupid. For the moment he just focused on breating, keeping it steady, slow and quiet.
Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel was a little worried when the lizard women turned up, but calmed slightly when the salamander told them to stand down, and that she was protecting him. He found himself moving closer to her, feeling a bit safe around her.

He didn't understand what a Shotacon was, but the way the lizard woman said it, it probably meant something mean. And when she mentioned stronger monsters, especially one called "Moo", he found himself hugging her leg. He was scared by this, and at the same time didn't want their new friend to be hurt. He looked back and forth between te routs, hoping nothing would happen between them.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel listens to the talking thinking it's all pointless. and stands straight relaxing his tense muscles..then he looks down at the teardrop stone. Hmm i bet this will help me find father. i'm sure these guys can handle it. he looks up with a little smile and walks back into the temple. i bet there's something useful in here. haven't had a chance to look around trying to save that boy..trusting a Shotacon...Bah. shaking his head he disappears inside.

Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

Gabe:(NOPE! Chuck Testa.)
You turn back to the temple, to see it gone. There was no rubble, no sounds, just a patch of grassless barren looking land. Was the stone the only retaining the shrine's existence? The thought sends a chill down your spine. What if you were in there when it vanished, would you too cease to have existed? (If you do leave the group give someone the stone. I can't progress the storyline without it. It's one of a kind, so they can't stumble upon another one... or is it? MWA HA HA!)
Jean:(The Lizardmen were between you, and the cart.)
Walking past the Lizardmen proves to be a bad idea, as you are grabbed from behind.
Spoiler: show
"We have your friend, if you don-" She was cut off, and her grip loosened.
"NO!" The little girl shouts.

Everyone:
As Jean walks off he is grabbed from behind, and begins to issue a threat,(See Jean's post.) but mid word the small girl grabs her by the tail, pulls her off, and throws her at the other Lizardmen. The only one able to get out of the way in time is the ditzy one. The others are out cold.
"I...I can't fight you all at once." She says backing up. Sword drawn, she takes a defensive stance clearly frightened. "J-just don't hurt my friends, and you can pass. If you try to hurt them I am sure I can kill at least two of you before I fall!"The path back to the remains of the cart is now clear.
The Salamander breaths a sigh of relief. "Sarah wait for them to wake up, and protect them. There are Monsters, and humans out here who would love to disk you." She takes Hansel by the hand, and begins to walk past the fallen Monsters.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

"waaaaa..."
Jean was about to be nelson'ed when...
"NO!" The little girl shouts and uses his previously restaining lizargirl to smack the others aKa:
"..."
*second brain short circuit*
Jean stares the now clear path, hears another hunger rumble from the little girl's and his stomachs and figures he was about to invite her to eat something before daydreaming
"well, let's go. the food wont come walking to us"
althrough it may actually would if these daydreams continue appearing
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Waiting for the lizardwomen to make a move I was surprised to see Jean head for his cart, which was a short distance behind the lizards, only to get grabbed by one of them. Evidently about to use him as an hostage I didn't expect the little girl following Jean to grab the lizard by the tail and throw her at the others, knocking them all out except for one, I stayed there looking at the scene, dumbfounded, I even had to resist the urge to burst out laughing given how silly that whole scene looked.

Snapping out of it I saw the only lizard left standing back up, apparently frightened and she then asks us to leave her friends alone, I sigh speak up "We never wanted to fight you and your friends in the first place..." that said I then started walking past her, making sure not to get into arm's reach of her, just in case she tried to pull the same trick her friend did, because somehow I doubt I'd get as lucky as Jean should it happen.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel looks behind him to see a barren grassland where the temple once stood. Well fuck...there goes that idea. as he turns back around he catches sight of the little goblin girl use one of the lizardmen as a club to bash the others away. His eyes widen. Well there's something you don't see to often. a smirk appears on his face as he laughs silently. He then walks toward the group twirling his staff.
"Hey i doubt you guys will get anywhere without this."
He holds up the stone for everyone to see.
"I'll be holding on to this for a while since i found it..we can find more disks with it i believe."

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

For but a moment, Drake felt that things were beginning to calm. That feeling ended when Jean was grabbed from behind by one of the Lizardmen. A small part of him felt he deserved it, but was ignored by the rest of him, which immediately began thinking how to get him out.

Such thoughts were derailed as the small if busty girl suddenly grabbed the Lizardman holding Jean, and tossing her into her compatriots. Drake simply stood there, stunned and bewhildered; his brain taking a moment to process things.

'Ok, its official: This is comically insane, and I'm right in the middle of it.' He absentmindedly closed his mouth with a audible clack. His grip on the staff slakened, arms hung loose at his sides. He then noticed that only the ditzy Lizardman had dodged her flung comrade ready to fight, knowing she was outnumbered.

Words were spoken, yet Drake was vaguely aware of them, the full shock of the situation finally settling in. Only when Gabriel walked into his line of vision did he brake out his trance.

"-for a while since i found it..we can find more disks with it i believe."

"Wha- Oh sure. Let's.. lets just get back to the cart. I need... I need a bit of time to think." Turning to the others, where he noticed most had already begun leaving, Drake began to follow their example. He gave one last glance to the lone Lizardman.

"A-..." His mouth moved, but no sound was heard, trying in vain to say something. He sighed before shakig his head.

"Look, just stay safe. And just, leave us be if you can..." with that, he turned back towards the others and made for the clearing, staring into space as he trudged along, his mind once again elsewhere...
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

(Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I got a little sidetracked. I will update again once everyone responds. I'm a little stumped ATM so I will make just a short post.)

As the Salamander walked off Hansel was quickly on her heels. However when Gabriel pulled out the stone she stopped in her tracks, and looked at it. "Do you know what that is?" She walks over to him "Muu has been looking for this! Humans can use this to find Stone Disks." She moves quickly to Gabe. "You have to be very careful with that."
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

(Don't worry about it, it happens to everyone.)
Overhearing the salamander speak I raise an eyebrow "Is that so? Hm, that's convenient and could potentially get us into even more trouble..." that last part spoken under my breath as I waited for the others to get ready to leave, while we might not be in immediate danger anymore we were still in the middle of nowhere...
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel grits his teeth as the salamander gets close to him, "Yeah of course i know what it is why else would i hold to it, now get away from me, monster.." he says pocketing the stone and walking away from her.
"i'm ready to go are you?" he asks no one in particular.

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Inside his mind, Drake forgot about time, focused as he was on his thoughts. They traveled in circles, trying to understand eveything around him and what had just happened. Soon enough he became fed up with these circular thoughts, pinching the bridge of his nose as he shoved the houghts aside.

'There'll be time to think this over later. For now, we've gotta move.' Gripping the staff firmly once more, he turned to the others. He was surprized for a moment when he relized no time at all had passed while entranced by his thoughts. He came to jus as Gabriel finished speaking to the Salamander.

"Yeah of course i know what it is why else would i hold to it, now get away from me, monster.." Seeing the potential argument that could brew, Drake quickly stepped in.

"To answer your question Gabiel, I know I am. Why don't you take Hansel with you so he can get healed?" He then turned to the Salamander. He did his best not to appear tense, but he fixed her with a strong gaze nonetheless, facing her fully.

"Once we get back to the clearing, there are some things I'd like to ask before we do anything else, if you don't mind. Since you'll be traveling with us, you can tell us your name to star with; we can talk on the way." Turning around, he gestured for her to follow before walking o the clearing once more.
Last edited by Creator_Drake on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

(seeing that nothings gonna happen to me and the gobbooblin)
"say big girl, what was your name again?"
Jean said as he rummages the chart's remains. luckly, he eventually finds a honey pot and gives it to the little his by his side to soothe her roaring stomach while he kept looking for his food boxes
(supposing she did answers)
"oh, a cute name for a cute girl, fitting truly to a 'T'...aha!"
the merchant pulls a purple pouch and sticks his hand inside to later pull out a rather large (twice a fist large) meat bun that shouldn't fit inside the pouch
"here, I always keep a dozen of these for emergency cases"
Jean said while handing the bun
"damn, that reminds me I have to pay for the chart and horses *spill some anime tears* and here I was starting to like those mares *sigh*...."
he continues his grimmy mumbling after taking another bun and taking a bite...this might take a while...
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel nods to Drake. "Sure." walking over to Hansel and bending down to eye level, "Hey buddy you wanna come with me and we'll get you all healed up?" he holds his hand out for the boy smiling.

Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

(Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'll be a bit on and off with my posting, so if I'm gone for long, just NPC me)

Hansel stayed near the Salamander, finding himself safe near her. As Drake offered to get him healed, he looked at his bleeding arm, wincing and remembering the pain. He nodded, taking the Salamander's arm and looking up at her. "Want to come with us?" he asked, taking Gabriel's hand in his other.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

(Alright, sorry I was also so late on responding. I meant to respond earlier. I ran out of time. I will be busy Next Sunday, so expect further delays)
Hansel/Gabe: You make your way to the cart, and see Jean, and the small girl. You could see if he has anything left that can heal Hansel's injuries.

Jean: (Rebecca = my generic name for any loli character.)
"Rebecca." She answered while happily accepting the food from you. She happily eats the honey while you continue to look through your stuff. At that point she seems to stop listening to what you are saying. However she grew very excited when you pulled out the bun of meat. She snatched it out of your hand with such speed that you are lucky you have all your fingers intact. "Yay, I love meat!" She exclaims as she devours the meat in a matter of seconds. :^^: "I'm not hungry anymore what does ya want to do now?" She asks. Before you can answer you see Hansel, and Gabe heading toward the cart.

Ruhiel/Drake:
The Salamander's flames grew hotter as she was insulted by Gabe, however she was interrupted by Drake before she could retort. After Gabe, and Hansel were Gone she whipped around smoke escaping her nostrils, and mouth as she breathed heavily. "My name is Ember, but don't think we're friends." She says as she begins to head toward the wagon. "I'm only joining you because Hansel would be upset if I took him back by force!"
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

Jean was still mourning over his chart's loss, but manages to hear the last part of rebecca's question
<<... what does ya want to do now?>>
...hehe...hehehe...no! that can't be coming from her pure loli mouth. there has to be a second meaning!...but the other meanings are so sad... and I'd not really mind... and... (...)
Before Jean can (decide what to) answer they see Hansel, and Gabe heading towards the cart. Deciding to ignore the pervy thoughts in his mind the merchant takes the opportunity and caves his way out of such akward situation.
"Yo mouse-boy, ga-BO-riel-"
<<My name is Ember, but don't think we're friends. I'm only joining you because Hansel would be upset if I took him back by force!>>
"tsundere-shotacon embergal... nevermind, needing anything from ol' me?"
(possibly nicknames for ember: Chisame Hasegawa, Ayano Sugiura)
Last edited by axc_o on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

Crossing my arms as I waited I hear the salamander speak, turning my head to look at her "Well, Ember, we might not be friends but since we'll be travelling together let's try to get along, alright? My name's Ruhiel, by the way." then I would look into the distance, not paying any more attention to the salamander unless she talks back to me. While I looked around I thought to myself Hrm, Gabe really seems to hate the salamander, I'll have to ask him about it later, I should also ask about that "Muu" or whatever its name is while I'm at it. after that I sigh and start walking toward the others.