Monster Rancher

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Re: Monster Rancher

Post by Creator_Drake »

Drake chuckled lightly as he shook his head, falling into step with Ember.

"That's fine, I never said we had to be friends."

<"Well, Ember, we might not be friends but since we'll be travelling together let's try to get along, alright? My name's Ruhiel, by the way."> He gave a nod to Ruhiel's comment.

"He's right about that though. The better we get along, the safer we'll be, relatively at least, considering what we're dealing with."

The trip back to the wagon was short, and upon arrival Drake found the others no worse for wear, with Jean and the young girl eating as Gabriel and Hansel walking up to them. Looking about the strewn remains of the wagon, Drake hoped some things of worth had survived. Turning to Ruhiel, he gave a nod towards the others.

"Ruhiel, once Hansel is healed, could you work with Jean and the others to see if anything from the wagon survived? Hopefully there's something we can use to barter once we get to the next town. Speaking of which, ask him if he's got a map intact. If he doesn't then that'll be one of the first things we get in the next town."

Turning back to Ember, he gave a nod to the right, making his way and stopping at a nearby tree, in clear view of the others.

"Now before you say anything Ember, I'm just asking questions nothing more. I wanted Hansel at the very least busy and out of earshot so as to not worry the kid." He chuckled as he gave said boy a quick side glance. "He's shy and a little mousy, but he can come through for those he cares for. He's a good kid, and I don't want him hurt any more than you do. That at least you can trust me on, if nothing else." He took a quick breath, and focused his thoughts, thinking of where to start. He soon found it and caught Ember's eyes.

"Now, let's start with this. How big is Muu's influence in this country? Adding to that, how long do you think we have until we encounter Muu's forces again?"
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

"Hey guys you need any help finding anything in this mess?" Gabriel asks making his way over to the cart with Hansel.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

Rebecca began digging through the remains of the cart after the distraction, and says "Help me find things!" In response to Gabe's question. Meanwhile Ember turned to Drake.
"Muu is very powerful. He controls easily two thirds of the Monstergirl population. The kings of this world once united under one cause, to defeat him. After a long gruesome war that lasted four years they lost. Muu has a unique ability. He can revive fallen Monster girls, effectively giving him an inexhaustible army. That's not even mentioning The Big Four. They are his most elite generals. They alone are nearly able to take down a platoon of human soldiers." She hesitated for a second. "If we are ever to survive we need to train, and grow stronger."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Hearing Ember's explanation, Drake's eyes widened at the implications.

"Two thirds?! That's...." He wiped a hand over his face as he took a deep breath. He then began to think aloud.

"Sure I could understand little under half but two-thirds... And with that ability, we could never fight him conventually, he'd bleed us all dry..." He looked to Ember sharply.

"Despite all that, he can be defeated, anyone can. You're right though, about growing stronger. We need it dearly, however..." Drake cast a glance to the others as they milled about.

"With us being only human, we can only go so far. We're a little ragtag I'll admit, but somethings can only be solved with time. If there was a way, a power, a weapon, something I could wield that could even the playing field with Muu's forces, I'd take it in a heartbeat. As it is, the only thing we can do is train ourselves for long runs and evasion. What we need are more Monster Girls on our side. Specifically, those that can face off with Muu's Big Four." He met her gaze once more.

"Speaking of, what can you tell me about the Big Four? What kind of monster girls are they? Is there anything you can tell me about their operations and how they work? Rumors?" He paused, before nodding to himself.

"And do you know specifically, who's presiding the lands we're in right now?"
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

(Alright, if you want me to push ahead, and do a better update PM me. If you quit do the same. I left my old job, and have free time now.)
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Alright, two people PMed me, so I'll restart. It will progress similarly, but I'mma throw new shit in too. I will also be recruiting new RPers.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

(The other two responded after that last post.)
"I know only one of the Big Four. Her Name is Drakka. With a name like that you can guess what she is. However you hit on something earlier. There is only one thing that can level the playing field. Something equal, possibly superior to him in power. That stone is supposed to lead to it... It's called the Phoenix." Everything, including Rebecca suddenly go quiet at the mention of Phoenix. (Resident players know about the legends of Phoenix)
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

I bring my hand to my chin when Embers mentions Phoenix "So we'll be chasing after a legend, huh?" a small smile appears on my face "I guess its better than hiding under a rock and waiting to die, heh."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Leaning against the tree, he stared at the grey-toned Salamander, blinking.

"A pheonix... as in the great immortal firebird that is always reborn from its ashes? That Pheonix.... well I'll be damned. What else do you know about it?" A smile was slowly growing on his face. He didn't know if they were speaking about the same kind of bird, but he felt they were. Anything named after the great firebird had to be powerful to deserve the name.

"It might be a long shot, but it's the only thing we have to go on right now. Things are going to get real interesting from here on out."
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

Gabriels eyes widen in horror at the mention of Pheonix.."Um if this stone is suppose to lead us to the pheonix then we got to keep our guard.."
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!