Monster Rancher

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Re: Monster Rancher

Post by Heero »

Gabriel realizes what he said and quickly apologizes. "Oh crap i'm sorry to upset you hansel i didn't mean too. (nervous laugh) don't worry no monsters will find us here and if they somehow do i'll take care of them." he says it confidently, spinning his BO staff around him expertly.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

He gave a nod to the group, smiling at the words used to calmed Hansel a little.

"Alright then. Gabriel, Ruhiel, could you two go in the wagon and organise Axe's wares a little? That way we get a little sitting room and Axe won't have to go through a complete mess when taking his stuff off the wagon. I'll help you guys out if Axe doesn't need a hand with the horses." He questioned at the end, casting a glance towards the peddler.

He made a turn to the 5th member of the group, smiling with a slight apologetic look. He kneeled down, placing a comforting hand on the kid's shoulder. "Sorry, don't mean to rush you like this Hansel, why don't you go help those two in the wagon alright? And Ruhiel is right, we'll keep you safe. Besides, we'll be in the town inn soon where a hot meal and warm bed is just waiting for us. " Standing, he lightly ruffled Hansel's hair before turning back to Jean, waiting for the peddlers reply.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Post by axc_o »

"yeah... about that. I still have to pay for the chart rent so there is no inn room nor hot meal from my part. how about ya Gabriel?"
Jean said as he finished tying some ropes around his boxes, then he turned to drake again
"look, I did brought one of these mares from the chart guy and he didn't seem to want to keep the rent bussiness for too much longer. I think that if ya pay him enough he'll sell his other mares and the chart"
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel fumbled around "I could pay at least half of a night's rent but we need to get the other have some other way. and yeah I'll be happy to help organize the wagon." he pockets his purse then walks over to the cart to start working.

Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

As everyone organized the cart, and prepared to take off time flew by. Before you knew it everything was ready, and it had been only fifteen minutes. Once everyone was on, and comfortable you take off. A little ways down the path something spooks the horses, and they rear up, and drag the wagon down a barely visible path. The ride is bumpy, and everyone is getting tossed around. There are woods to the right, and a steep hill to the left. Despite all attempts the horses can’t be calmed. Suddenly a tree to the right falls, and knocks the wagon off the side. It goes sliding down the hill, and lands on its side spilling the content on the ground. The horses get up, and run away, and the cart is totaled. One of the black scaled lizardmen walked out of the woods. “Surrender the stone Disk, and we may not kill you!” Further down the path is what looks like an old temple. The lizardman is slowly making her way down the hill. Her back up can be heard in the distance.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

With everyone helping out, getting the wagon set took no time at all. On the road however, something had spooked to horses, enough that Jean nor anyone else could calm them. A tree then fell, knocking the wagon to the left. The straps holding the horses snap, the wagon tumbling over the hill while the horses ran off. The tumble was disorienting, limbs and wares flying about, despite best efforts.

Landing with a crash, the wagon smashed apart like a melon, the wares and occupants strewn about. For the second time that day, Drake shook off the dizzy spell before immediately going to help the others up. Helping Gabriel who landed near him, the pair then helped Jean and Ruhiel respectively. As Drake helps Hansel to his feet, Drake looks at the wreckage.

"Man, what in the-"

He was cut off by one of the black scaled lizardmen from before, again demading they hand over the stone disk. Being close to the wreckage, he finds both the disk and one of Jean's Bo staff, both undamaged. Quickly picking up the disk, surprised by its lack of weight a moment, he tosses it to Gabriel before picking up the staff.

"Gabriel! Get them out of here! I'll hold her off as long as I can!" He looked at her with determined eyes. Sure he didn't know much, but he didn't care, they had to get out of here. If they could get that disk unlocked before she did...
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

So we finally were on the move again, a bumpy ride for sure but what can you do...I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, not to mention that the horses seem...afraid? Is that it, but why? The answer didn't take long to arrive as a tree fell and knocked the cart off the hill with us in it, after tumbling all the way down and get thrown off the cart I get up, with some help form the others and shake my head, a bit disoriented but otherwise fine.

I then spot one of the lizards from earlier, so we should surrender the disk, huh? And then Drake pulls a "I'll hold them off" on us, to this I can only reply "Drake, you're an idiot...but I guess that makes two of us, I'll help!" going into an improvised battle stance "Don't try to be a hero, Drake, our objective is to distract them long enough, no dying here, alright?" I say to Drake, then I look at our enemy, her back up shouldn't be that far off but for now its only her against us, I start thinking about a plan of action during the time that remains before she gets too close...
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

Jean couldn't understand why the mares were so frightened, his best attempts to calm them were futile an-* the tree falls* Gah!

Everything seems to move in slow motion, my weapons, my perfumes, my pots, my gold, my weapons...The Chart!
"no... nonononono, this can't be happening!!"
while the mares escape, Jean is trying to collect and save all the things he can when a voice from the woods stops his tracks <<Surrender the stone Disk, and we may not kill you!>>
after looking around for answers, the merchant seems to get angrier by the second as his thoughts flow
drake is fast, he took one of Jean's staffs and attempts to protect the others and Ruhiel joins him with an improvised battle stance, not bad but after a few sesions of training he could be a worthy warrior if he survives this...but now, we have lizardfolk to beat down
Jean's hands find his personal staff as if summoning it to him and he walks towards and past the boys making his way to the upcoming Lizardman and smashes the ground with the bottom of his staff before standing firmly in a custom stance that seemed to tense all his muscles
"listen kiddos! I have more experience than ya in this. I'll break their lines and ya fight them individualy. the others! back there I saw a temple, go and take cover and ask for help if there is any!!"
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

The ride seemed peaceful for a while and Gabriel felt himself relaxing..then the horses sped up like they were spooked (God I hate horses, such cowardly creatures) Gabriel thinks as the ride gets bumpier making sure the weapons don't jolt around to much, the animals veer down a unrecognized path. Then out of nowhere a tree falls toward the wagon and smashes it, Gabriel sees the straps snap as the wagon starts to fall down a hill "OH SHI-- he gets cut off as he hits the ground hard and tumbles with everything.
Drake helps him up as he has landed next to him while still holding his BO staff. he brushes himself off and helps everyone else up. Then a lizardman or woman as it were demands the disk Gabriel gets ready to fight hearing back up not to far from her when Drake yells >>Get everyone to safety i'll hold them off>> then Jean >>There's a temple take cover over there>> "OK I'll be right back you need all the help you can get!" Gabriel grabs the disk and Hansel. "Come on kid let's go to the temple."
They take off as fast as they can the temple looms in the distance deceptively farther then it looks.

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Drake gave a quick side glance as Ruhiel appeared on his left, calling him an idiot, but joining in. He chuckled lightly at Ruhiel's words, despite the situation.

"I've got no plans on dying here. Which I can say back to you too; the help is appreciated though." Turning back to the Lizardman before them, his smile was replaced with a set jaw and firm eyes. Before he could speak again, Jean passed between the both of them, slamming his personal staff on the ground, before settling into an unusual, yet powerful looking stance.

"listen kiddos! I have more experience than ya in this. I'll break their lines and ya fight them individualy. the others! back there I saw a temple, go and take cover and ask for help if there is any!!"

Slightly surprised by the strength in his voice, Drake then smirks before spinning the staff in his hands, coming to a comfortable stance, bracing the staff on his right. He grin widened at the sound of Gabriel, promising to come back after finding help, taking Hansel and the stone disk with him.

'Good, better for the kid to not see something like this.' Thinking fast as the Black Lizardman approached, his grin slipped. 'We're on a clock though. If it was just one or 2 of them it wouldn't be so bad. Whereas they probably outnumber us 2-to-1, with or without their Salamander Commander. Our odds of holding them off till reinforcements arrive, if they arrive, plummet if that Salamander shows up.' His grip tightened as he shifted his feet, eye's focused on the monster woman before them, moving ever closer.

He cast a quick glance to the others. "So, how do you want to go about this? Take her out quickly before reinforcements arrive?"
Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Just when Hansel had thought he was safe, all this pandemonium happens. Black lizard ladies appearing out of nowhere, demanding a disk or threatening to kill them. Before Hansel could hide, Gabriel grabs his hand and drags him along, getting him out of there. Well, he was right, they were going to look after him. The young boy stumbled as he tried to keep up, his smaller frame making it difficult to keep up with the older boy. In the distance, he saw the stone temple rising up to meet them. The young blonde was praying that it would be able to hold them, and that Mr. Drake would be ok.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Drake, Jean, and Ruhiel: The Lizardman makes it down level with the three of you, and three more Lizardmen are not far behind. The Salamander however runs past remaining on the higher path. "You handle these three, I'm going after the disk myself!"
The four lizardmen regroup. "Sir!" They say in unison. Once the Salamander is out of sight rather than attacking one of them turns to the three men. "Hey listen, we've got a few things to discuss amongst ourselves. If you behave you can delay the beating we're going to give you. Sound fair?" With out waiting for an answer she turns to her friends. "If Sally lets us keep them as pets I want that one" She says pointing to Drake with her sword.
"Aw, no fair!" Another protested.
A third spoke up. "Then I get the distinguished looking one." She said obviously talking about Jean.
"You can have the one with the orange pants." The first one said to the second.
"Ew. Fine, but he will need new clothes!" The other Lizardman said.
"I hope she brings back the tall one." The last lizardman said. Her voice, and expression made her look, and sound like a complete airhead.
The whole time the women are talking they also watch you, to make sure you don't run, or attack.

Gabriel, Hansel: As you run toward the temple you see the Salamander following you on higher ground. You reach the temple the same time as her. fortunately there is an entrance on your level, and she enters the one on her level. Upon entering you are right in the disk chamber. You may have a chance to activate the disk before the Salamander finds you. (The monster in this disk will belong to Jean BTW, also if you want to read the previous post for a laugh you can. )
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

I watch as the lizard finally closed the gap between us, followed by three others, then I see their salamander leader pass on the high path, she's going after the disk directly, meaning Gabriel and Hansel...seeing I can't do anything about that I hope that they'll be fine and focus on the enemy before me...

Then one of them tells us that they have something to talk about between themselves, once I hear what they're talking about I can't help but facepalm "You have got to be kidding me, are they really talking about what I think they are? Urgh..." I shake my head with an exasperated sigh, the comment about my pants evidently annoys me as I go back into my fighting stance "Hey, lizards! You should beat us first before talking about stuff like that, and seriously, there's no way in hell I'll go down without a fight!!"
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

To Drake's relief, only 3 more Lizardmen appear behind the first. The Salamander appeared soon after, making him tighten his hold on the staff. A slight bit of anger and dread filled him as the Salamander didn't stop running, announcing that while he lackeys held them here, she would go after the disk herself.

'Dammit, I was hoping this wouldn't happen. But with these 4 holding us, no-one could after her. Even if we could, unless we had horses I doubt we could match her pace. Hope those 2 make it there in time, but we'll have to worry about it after. A low growl escaped his throat, hardly any more threatening then a kitten in a wet paper bag, but it symbolised his frustration well enough.

He crouched lower as thr Salamander winked out of site, putting full focus on the 4 scaled women before them. Instead of attacking, one spoke that they had something to discuss, and that they wouldn't attack so long as they 'behave'. Then the bickering began.

"Ooooo...k, didn't exactly expect that." He muttered to himself with a raised brow. If they weren't talking about making them their pets, he might of otherwise enjoyed the very fact of 2 pretty women arguing, slightly, over him. He just hoped it didn't become a staple while he and the others traveled. It'd be like a bad, yet nevertheless hilarious, gimmick employed in practically every anime he knew that had multiple love interests. He agreed with Ruhiel's facepalming sentiment wholeheartedly, shaking his head at the situation.

He did however, focus on the Lizardmen that seemed like an airhead. Shifting his gaze between each of them equally to dismis any suspicion, Drake believed he might have a way to survive this relatively unscathed. So long as she was infact an air-head, the risks might be lower than he original thought.

Hearing Ruhiel speak brought him back from his thoughts, and brought to mind something he'd always wanted to try ever since he saw the staple-boys of FF7 and 8 on the same screen for the first time. He knew it would be improvised, but hey, he'd take what he could get. Grasping the weapon in both hands, he squared his feet as he shuffled forward a bit, making sure to keep Ruhiel in his peripheral.

"I'll have to agree with my friend on this one. While I hold no doubt that your company could be pleasureable, I'm a giver not a taker, so I make horrible pet material. Besides, I know we can handle the 4 of you. Although, might be tough if one more showed up..." He smirked as he sent a sideglance to Ruhiel, hoping his fellow gamer caught the reference.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

Jean wanted to pursue the leader lizardman, but if he wanted to live through this and unmarried he would need both of the guys next to him.
At the sight of the scaled women's discussion he whispers something to drake and ruhiel
"don't ya let their chat distract ya, they will beat the seeds out of ya if ya lose and demand for it for years if ya impress them in battle, moreover if ya manage to defeat them after a great battling"
said Jean as he never quit his fighting stance, he knew the only way to beat them would be with a fast and accurate hit on the neck, a clean knockout to leave no chance for them to remember what happened. He had done this twice already, but only with one Lizardman at the time, if there were witnesses...he might not be able to walk free from this one
(sorry for the short lenght. I have a mid-term exam today)
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

Gabriel finally makes it to the temple but with the salamander hot on their heels and he dashes inside the temple where he finds himself inside the disk chamber. great! we made it and a disk chamber perfect...but where is that bitch.."Hansel take this and place it on the platform i'll cover you incase that monster finds us." He hands the kid to disk and gently pushes him over to the platform as he takes a stance at the entrance.

Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel whimpered as they entered the temple, the Salemander entering on another level, but still within the building. He wasn't safe yet. Suddenly, Gabriel pushed the disk into his hands, telling him to place it on the platform. He nodded, quickly running over towards the center of the chamber.anting heavily, he placed the disk in the center of the platform, just as he was hearing footsteps approach. The poor boy couldn't be more frightened.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

(Sprry, there's not much to do during this post. Things will improve as the RP continues on. )
Drake, Jean, and Ruhiel:
The air headed Lizardman smiles. "Aw, they think they're tough, isn't that cute?" She readies her sword, and charges at Drake. The other three act too. One attacking Ruhiel, and two attacking Jean. The close the distance quickly, but slow enough when attacking that even humans could block the attacks. It is clear they aren't trying to kill any of you yet. "So, still think you can beat us?" They are baring down on you with inhuman strength.

Hansel:
The stone disk begins to spin. Faster, and faster it rotates, then disintegrates. The particles reform into a Hobgoblin. She looks at you, and frowns. "I'm hungry, feed me!" She states.
"Well, is that all there was?" You heard a voice call. The black salamander walked out from behind a pillar. Which she promptly pushes down between you, and Gabe blocking you off from him. "Do not worry, I don't intend to hurt you." You look around The only two doorways are blocked off, one by the pillar, and the other by the Salamander. The Hobgoblin sitting there stubbornly. "I've always had a soft spot for little boys." Her smile shows she doesn't mean that in a motherly way. "If you come with me I can promise you'll never come to harm."

Gabe:
As you watch the door you hear the sounds of a stone disk being unlocked. Then a little girls voice whines about being hungry. Followed by a woman's voice. You turn around in time to see a pillar falling between you, and Hansel. You see the salamander walking toward him. Your only hope to get to him is to go around through the path she took.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Heero »

"Hang on Hansel i'm coming!" Gabriel yells out as he runs to the only path that's open.

axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

Nexous wrote:Drake, Jean, and Ruhiel:
The air headed Lizardman smiles. "Aw, they think they're tough, isn't that cute?" She readies her sword, and charges at Drake. The other three act too. One attacking Ruhiel, and two attacking Jean. The close the distance quickly, but slow enough when attacking that even humans could block the attacks. It is clear they aren't trying to kill any of you yet. "So, still think you can beat us?" They are baring down on you with inhuman strength.
*after sharing some attacks*
"you girls are good!"
Damm, at this rate I won't be able to get out of this unmarried...let's hope the old trick still works
"hey look, a monster came for that disk donna you were looking for!"
Jean points at a random direction and as soon as the two Lizardwomen turn in the direction he divides his staff and hit them strongly at their necks knocking them flat instantly
"yes! now*smack!* shit!"
Jean slowly turns around after smacking himself hoping the other lizardgirls didn't saw this or he'd not only have a new wife, but two!