Monster Rancher

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Re: Monster Rancher

Post by Oersted »

After a comment from the seemingly air headed lizardman they all went to attack us, one going for me, one for Drake and the other two went for Jean. As expected from their earlier talk they aren't trying to kill us..., something I'm actually grateful for as I was able to block my opponent's slow attack with my spear but she's actually pushing me back even though I'm putting my strength into standing my ground "Gh, you're stronger than you look...but strength isn't everything!" as I say that I push my opponent's sword to the side and move in the opposite direction to place myself on her side and then try to hit her behind the head with my spear, hopefully knocking her out cold...either that or make her angry and more likely to stop holding back and kick my ass...Yeah, I'm hoping for the former.

(And sorry Drake, I didn't get the reference...)
:^^;:
Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel blinked as the disc spun, revealing this strange goblin girl who wined about being hungry. He let out a yelp and scrambled back as far as he could when the Salemander appeared, cutting him off from the one person who was protecting him. He could hear Gabriel calling out to hold on, but he was still trapped, shivering with fright as his wide eyes stared at the approaching Salemander, uncle to do anything to defend himself.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Had he not been preoccupied evading the Lizardwoman's deliberately slow strikes, Drake would thank his stars that the air-headed one came right for him.

He could tell though, despite the strength in her blows, she was holding much of her power back. The first block jarred his arms and chest something fierce, making Drake step back a pace. The Lizardwoman pressed on, almost lazily. Jumping back for some space, Drake made quick note that, somehow, the air-head was now facing him, with the others directly behind her. His glance was quick though, not wanting to give his opponent an opening.

Not moving any faster despite the distance, the Lizardwoman's lazy gait gave Drake just enough time to finish off the plan he had in mind. It all depended on this though, this one risk. He had to, for if it worked, he could help the others deal with their opponents then rush to the temple. If not... then he'd burn that bridge while trying to come up with a plan B.

Hands and arms still sore from the one successful block, Drake readied himself. Holding the staff to his left, he made a sudden pointing gesture to his right, behind the woman.

"Hey look! The Tall one is back!" He just hoped luck was with him...
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

(Sorry guys, running a bit late. Also if this post looks like crap, it's because I'm half asleep.)
Drake:(Nope, Chuck Testa.)
The Lizardman smiled while attacking. "Good, then he'll be nice, and ready when I'm done playing with you." She said as she pressing on the attack. "Though, admittedly you are cute too."

Ruhiel:
The Lizardman easily dodged your attack. "Oh, I quite agree. Strength isn't even half the battle. All power, and no speed means a quick death." In a flash her sword is at your throat, but she makes no move to make the killing blow, rather she pulls her sword back into a defensive position. "So, you gonna fight back tough guy?"

Jean:
The girls persist on their attacks, despite your attempt at distracting the,. "If we fell for that every time we would be dead by now." They say, their attacks start becoming a little heavier. They clearly didn't like their intelligence being insulted in such a way.

Hansel:
The Salamander took a few steps closer, but stopped. She extended her hand. "I'm going to be honest, I've always been a bit of a Shotacon. I promise if you come with me willingly no harm will come to you."

Gabe:
As you run down the hall you see the Salamander has blocked off the path. There is a faint glowing coming from the base of the rubble. Upon closer inspection it seems to be a small teardrop shaped stone. Other than that there is nothing here.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

She dodged...And a mere moment later her blade was at my throat "Gh." but instead of killing me she pulled back her sword and assumed a defensive position, she was obviously just playing around with me, like a cat toying with its prey...But I can't just give up because she's stronger than me, there's gotta be something I can do to get the advantage...

Unsure of what I could do I decided to use the small advantage my weapon gives me, reach, taking a step back and dropping into my battle stance again I start repeatedly attempting to jab her with my spear, while I do expect her to parry or otherwise dodge my attacks I made sure to stay just close enough to be able to hit her meaning she has to get closer to attack me, if I'm lucky she'll either get hit at some point trying to get closer or I'll come up with something better to do or something else will happen...Hell, I dunno.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

'Well, there goes that idea...' With gritted teeth, Drake quickly assumed a defensive stance once more as the Lizardman pressed her advantage. Almost sloppily, he blocked another blow, jarring his already stinging hands and sore arms.

"Hgg!" He was getting nowhere fast, that last blow helped Drake realise the severity of the situation. Meeting the monster woman's gaze, all he saw was amusement, and this angered him.

Drake had never been an angry person, not even passive agressive. Yet those amused eyes, that confident and lazy smile, they just kept pushing all the right buttons. His eyes steeled over as he glared into her eyes, the outside world slowly loosing focus. Everything about the woman before him became sharper as he dodged an overhead strike. He could see how her muscles coiled beneath her smooth skin, the rise and fall of her diaphram as she breathed, the twitch of her eyes as they followed him. All he could see was her, her and those mocking eyes.

He couldn't lose here, he had to beat her! The others were in danger; he had to help them!

...I won't lose...

She was in his way. She was trying to stop him. He wouldn't let her.

I won't lose.

His face went slack. His glare cooled.

I want to win.

He dodged again. Blood oozed from his cheek.

I want to win!

He parried the next strike. He met her gaze with his cold, green eyes.

I want to win!

As if a switch had been flipped, Drake had gone from defensive to completely offensive. He burst forth in a flurry of motion. He swung, he dodged, he spun, he thrusted, he parried.

His attacks never truly hit home, most were masterfully blocked. When they did, she didn't even flinch. He didn't care, he just kept moving. Even as he gained more cuts on his arms and another on his face, he didn't stop. Even as sweat began to drip heavily from his form, he just kept reacting. Mind in a haze, he flowed from one stance to another, without direction or form, his body anticipating his opponents one, grave mistake...
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

Gabriel spots this stone and picks it up examining it in closer detail. Hmmm this looks interesting..better keep it safe might be useful. he pockets the stone and continues trying to find a way to the main chamber to help Hansel. Hang on buddy i'm coming! beads of sweat dropping into his eyes stinging them.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Post by axc_o »

Nexous wrote:Jean:
The girls persist on their attacks, despite your attempt at distracting the,. "If we fell for that every time we would be dead by now." They say, their attacks start becoming a little heavier. They clearly didn't like their intelligence being insulted in such a way.
(I'm kinda inspired, this post will use around half hour inside the story so feel free to divide it for each of your updates)
"really? Then the two last lizardgirls I fought back then were nicer than ya, they fell quite heavily for it. Why can't thy be a dear too and go away after you pay for my rented chart and mares?"
said Jean while quickening his strikes to match the girl's. They should have been lying on their backs completely defeated already, but the wounds from colision of his chart and them being heavily trained is what prevented the long seasoned merchant to kock the hell out of them. He had to constantly ignore his wavering balance and stomp the floor so his stance didn't fall appart, but he knew he wouldn't be able to keep it too much longer, he needed an opening here and now or his ass would be the one being kicked and married afterwards
"this-s getting Annoying!"
Jean started to pant a while ago, his body while strong wasn't builded to fight right after being crashed out of the road, but he still had a chance to win this.
the merchant's body start to exhale a faint steam and his muscles to stain as he pushed through his limits and his strikes became heavier and more accurate. this was a technnique his father made in the few years of life between monsters, using the so called 'chi' the ancient oriental martial masters practiced to channel every bit of the body's energy reserve a man could provoke a biochemical reaction that would mimic a 'second adrenaline rush' making the user stronger, faster, quicker to think and react and deadlier if appropriately trained. the cost? if he didn't end this fast he could end using all his energy and die just like an used battery.
"RAAAAAAAHH!"
each of the split version of his staff's hits seemed to be stronger than the last and soon enough both Lizardwomen find themselves doing their best to block or evade the chi fuelled strikes of the now overheating man before them. if it was obvious he was a strong husband candidate before, now the lizardgirl that called dips on him would probably feel the lust of getting a man whose strenght could challenge her own and become even more earger to win this battle and claim him as hers while riding his manhood day after day... and then some more!
Jean could feel that even with his rush of adrenaline his effords were doing nothing but increase the desire these lizard beauties had for him. But no! he wouldn't give up now, he couldn't! he was fighting for his freedom, not to become someone's ideal husband prospect! his 'staff twinswords' were vibrating hard with each blocked attack of his and his energy reserves were already past halfway if he pushed even more he'd probably leave his body useless... unless... yes! once more!
just as said, the merchant rushes past both lizardwomen just after making a feint attack and turns around to face the expossed backs of the girls
"sweet dreams!"
using almost all of his energy left Jean aims and hits both lizardwomen at their necks unbalancing them and sending them a few feet away from him before falling to his knees. if that didn't work nothing else mattered, he didn't have enough energy to fight anymore and the little residual energy left should only serve to keep him alive and maybe walk a few miles before fainting.
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel didn't really understand what Shotacon meant, but he did understand that she wouldn't hurt him. "Y-You mean it?" he asked hopefully, stepping forward. Maybe she wasn't such a bad monster after all.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

(Forewarning I decided this is going to be more of a comic relief update.)

Drake:
The Lizardman was keeping up with you blow, by blow. She had a dopy smile that seemed permanently glued to her face. "You're getting better. This might even be a good warm up for what's to come later." Suddenly your staff makes contact, hitting her in the head. She steps back, tears welling up in her eyes. "T-that hurt you jerk! I wasn't even going to hurt you. *sniff* is coming back with us really that bad?" She begins to cry.

Ruhiel:
The Lizardman blocks, and parries every blow, then catches the spear between her legs provocatively. She keeps a grip on the shaft of your spear as she moves in closer. "Looks like our fun is just about over." She says as she closes in. Suddenly however you hear a woman crying. The Lizardman let go of your spear, and runs toward the one who was crying.

Jean:
After finally landing a solid blow, and collapsing you feel completely drained. However you had expended too much energy too quickly. The Lizardmen you hit got to their feet. "That hurt." Said one of the women
"Yeah, still have dibs on him." You are too weak to resist as they each grab one of your arms. As they prepare to disrobe you the sound of crying falls upon your ears. The two lizardmen abandon you.

Jean/Ruhiel/Drake:
The Lizardmen gather around the crying Lizardman. "He hit me on the head, he thinks I'm ugly!" She sobbed.
"Shhhh. No, no, you're beautiful. One of the Lizardmen says,
"NO! I look like a two legged unicorn now!"
"It's not even noticeable." One of the girls comforts her. She continues to cry, and you can hear the other women saying virus things to try, and comfort her. It occurs to you that this would probably be the perfect time to escape.

Hansel:
You can hear the Hobgoblin rustling around. The Salamander takes a few steps closer. "I Promise, now lets go." At this point everything seems to happen at once. The wall open up, and the Hobgoblin shrieks.
"SNAKE!" She shouts. You see something fly out of the corner of your eye, and hit the salamander.
"SNAKE!" She screams. The Hobgoblin runs through the newly opened wall.

Gabe: As you pick up the stone a hidden door in the wall opens up. You instinctively run down the new path hoping to be able to save Hansel. Part way down the pah you hear two screams. First was a child, and the second was probably the salamander. You were almost through the tunnel when something that felt like a wrecking ball hit you, knocking you to the ground. Once you catch your breath you see a little girl with unnaturally large breasts. "S-s-snake! BIG snake." The little girl pants.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

ugh... dannit, not even after years of training... well, I can blame those addictive elven pies....
at the feeling of being stripped Jean tries to speak up and fails completely, he will need some water first...then, maybe a recovery potion or two... I think I had a couple in my chart...if they are astill unbroken... which is useless now...
*girly scream*
uh? what was...oh shit, please think what you'll- *Thud!* do... dammit
as soon as the lizardgirls abandon him the only support of his heavy body is also gone and his tired muscles do nothing to stop the merchant to fall to the ground face first
ugh.........at least I'm free to go now.... let's see if I can reach my chart
channeling his last amount of energy he forces his muscles to crawl towards the broken chart just like a puppetier would and using only the necessary muscles to preserve the littleof it left
finally, after half reserve of energy, Jean reaches his rented chart and starts rummaging for his recovery potions
(you can decide if he succeeds or not. likewise, the guys can try to help me find the potions which hasa higher success rate)
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

At last an opening! He struck without hesitation, landing a blow to her head. Drake proceeded to attack further when his opponent moved back, yet he stopped. There was a sound, something he recognised, that jerked him from his single-minded trance.

"Wha-?" A wave of fatigue hit him like never before. Dropping the staff he leaned on his knees for support, breath shallow and feeling dizzy. Heart thundering in his chest, Drake felt as if he had run the tri-athalon without training for it.

He didn'y know how long he stayed like that, hunched over on his knees. Once his heart began to calm and the dizziness parted, he chanced a glance at the monster he had been fighting...

Only to find her crying, her fellow warriors comforting her. He blinked; Drake didn't expect this. Then again, he didn't expect... whatever he did to happen at all. His mind was still a little fuzzy. He pushed it away for now, gingerly reaching for his staff.

'Ugh, whatever happened, it's left me as stong as a wet noodle. Where are-' He caught sight of the others on the left, Ruhiel standing there, looking more tired than harmed. Jean on the other hand was laying on the ground, moving at a snails pace to his cart.

Standing fully, muscles protesting the movement, Drake felt the sting of his wounds. Pushing past it, he hobbled over to Ruhiel, using the staff for balance. Moving with a slight curve to keep his distance from the Lizardmen, he soon reached Ruhiel. He spoke as loud a whisper as he dared.

"Look...hah... I know you're probable tired as hell...hah... but we've gotta get moving. Hah hah... come on, Jean might have something in his... cart." Looking to Jean again, he found said merchant rummaging through his broken wares.

"Good... he made it, come on. Let's do this before they notice." Nodding his head in Jean's direction, Drake began making his way forward, he pace a little more stable. If they found something that could just restore their energy, he'd be okay with that. He may be bleeding, but it was nothing serious.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

As I expected none of my attacks had any real effect but at least it kept her a reasonable distance from me, until she managed to catch the spear between her legs that is "Oh come on..." annoyed I try to make her let go, sadly without success, then as she got closer I heard a woman crying, turning my head to see the source I realized it was coming from one of the lizard women, wait, why is she crying? Oh hell I don't care...

Turning to face Drake when I hear his voice I reply in a low voice "I might be tired but you look like you're about to collapse, and yeah, we better scram before that lizard stops crying..." I then assisted Drake in getting to Jean, who is currently rummaging through his mostly damaged wares, I do hope he has something to at least fix himself up in there because I doubt I could help both him and Drake get away from here fast enough and I'd hate to have to leave them behind.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Thanks to Ruhiel, Drake has a more stable footing. He gave the man a slow nod.

"Thanks Ruhiel, though its not as bad as it looks. Sure I'm bleeding, but the cuts aren'y deep, I think..." he chuckled weakly. He wasn't breathing as hard, which was good, but his body still felt sore as hell. They made short time making it to Jeans side. Giving Ruhiel a nod, he stepped away, using the staff for balance. He reached out and grabbed the merchants shoulder lightly.

"Jean, we're here to help. If you've got anything that'll help us recover, tell us what it looks like and take a breather." He turned to the only man present with enough energy to stand unaided.

"Ruhiel, we gotta make this quick. You check one side I'll check the other. Whoever finds it first, bring it to Jean, he needs it the most." He turned back to Jean, wondering what it was they would have to find, and hoping they were fast enough...
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

"...bhh..."
still with a dry mouth, Jean is unable to speak
damn... If I just had... Well, this gonna do for now
the merchant picks an open bottle of wine and drinks a mouthful of it
"a box...cough... round bottles... Cough...green liqk-uid..."
Jean said as he continue searching for the box of potions
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

"Right!" I said as I started searching for a box containing round bottle filled with green liquid "No...Hm, not it either, eh..." I keep mumbling to myself as I open a box that unfortunately doesn't contain what I'm searching for, moving it aside making sure to make the less noise possible as to not get the nearby lizards' attention. After two or three unsuccessful peeks inside some boxes I find a box that apparently got banged up a little in the fall and is dripping some green liquid..."Wait a darn..." I then open said box hoping that if it was indeed the box we were looking for that not all the bottles were broken.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that not only do the bottles inside look like what Jean described but that there were a couple intact bottles as well, taking one in hand I quickly move next to Jean "Hey, is this what we're looking for?"
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

Jean was madly throwing stuff at random when...
>>Hey, is this what we're looki->>
:what!?:
at the sight of the dripping box Jean almost tackles Ruhiel and starts sucking the green blessing from the box, feeling his energy coming back little by little with each drop of potion
"...you guys have no Idea how much I needed this..."
after being sure there is no more spilled potion Jean picks up the two bottles and hands one to drake
"drink half of it, ruhiel gets the other half and we keep this one for gabriel and mouse-guy, if these were this strong I don't think they got unharmed if the leader found them"
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Drake blinked at Jean's apparent leap of desperation, greedily sucking the green liquid from the box. He couldn't deny the results though, the more the merchant drank, the stronger his stance became. Once done, he rumaged through the box, picking up 2 bottles and handing one to Drake.

"drink half of it, ruhiel gets the other half and we keep this one for gabriel and mouse-guy, if these were this strong I don't think they got unharmed if the leader found them"

He gave a nod before pulling the cork, making sure none spilled. Graciously taking in half the bottle, he swallowed the mouthful in one big gulp.

" :stunned: This-this is-" Feeling his strength rapidly returning, Drake stood, bug-eyed as he looked at his hands. Testing his grip, he found that it felt as strong as before the fight, no stronger!

'Man I swear, these have got to be sensu beans in liquid form! Wait, scratch that...' Looking at his arms, Drake found the cuts still present, although they were hardly bleeding now. Shaking his head, he walked to Ruhiel, holding the half-filled bottle in one hand, the staff in the other.

"Here, you drink the rest. We've gotta move fast." He turned to Jean.

"Jean, check the box for any more of those bottles. Even if we only need one for Gabiel and Hansel, we may need more for later. Is there anything else that we might need to take if it survived the crash?"
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

"Wah!?" I'll admit that when Jean almost tackled me I almost fell down on my ass out of surprise, it did clear any doubts I had about the box's content though. Getting over the sudden scare I listened to Jean as he told me and Drake to share a bottle of the same liquid that made able to stand again, seeing Drake drink his part I couldn't help but find the mixture a bit too effective, something like that had to have some side-effects, right? I'll have to remember to ask Jean about those later as now was not the time, anyway when Drake handed me the bottle I shuddered before drinking it, like the others I felt my fatigue just disappear in a few moments, turning to the other two I spoke in a low voice "I'm not sure if we have the time to get anything more that the bottles, also Gabriel and the kid could be in danger." of course if the lizards happened to realize that we weren't just waiting for them to console their friend and turn their attention back to us I'll probably be the first one to run, but I hope that won't happen...
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

Gabriel runs down the new path hoping that it will lead him to Hansel when he hears two screams, one sounded like a little girl How in the world would there be a girl in here?!? and the second sounded like it came from the salamander that came in. The fuck is going on! the next thing he knows is he gets slammed into and falls to the floor the wind knocked out gasping for breath that wouldn't come his vision going black at the edges. the nin one big gulp sweet, sweet air rushes into his lungs and he can see again!
He looks at the creature who slammed into him and sees that is a girl with a surprisingly big breasts for someone her age, sitting on his lap yelling SNAKE SNAKE, wha...snake...great first a salamander and now a snake...ugh. "It's ok, it's ok your safe little girl." he slides out from under her and pats her head "I won't let that bad snake bite you and he finds his BO a foot away and picks it up. Alright now it's time to kick some lizard ass. we walks into the room twirling the staff.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!