Monster Rancher

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Emotional Hermit
Favorite Monster Type: Alraune
Location: In my Yggdrasil home-tree, at my personal dimension

Re: Monster Rancher

Post by axc_o »

After checking two times the still crying lizardgirl and her companions, Jean picks up the burried handle of the duhalan's sword and pulls it free
"let's go, I'll cover our backs if the girls notice our ausence"
"Don't let the tears for losing the sun prevent you from seeing the stars"
Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel was feeling just a little safe with this Salamander when suddenly, the hobgoblin screamed, and threw a snake at the Salamander before running off down the hall. Hansel gave a surprised squeak as he ran to the Salamander, pulling the snake from her and trying to throw it aside. He let out a small cry as suddenly it bit him sharp on the arm. He tossed it aside, sobbing as he clutched his bleeding arm.
Last edited by Lone Wanderer on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Gripping the staff in hand, he gave Jean a nod, then gave another to Ruhiel.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's move." Without another word, Drake sets off in a light jog towards the temple. Making sure to go around the distracted Lizardmen, he darted through the trees, thankful that there weren't any bushes. They had to hurry, not only to make sure those Lizardmen didn't notice their departure, but they didn't know how Gabriel and Hansel were doing.

'Just hold on guys, we're on our way!'
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Post by Nexous »

(Sorry, I knew I said I'd work on it yesterday, but I got sidetracked. I also have a case of writer's block ATM so this is the best I could think of.)

Drake/Jean/Ruhiel Part 1: The LIzardmen seem to have completely forgot your existence. Your escape was easy. Looking back all four of them are now hugging each other, and crying. As bizarre a sight as it is it is convenient. The path to the temple is clear.

Hansel: The Salamander picked you up. "It's alright, it wasn't poisonous. Let me see it." She used her claw to tear your sleeve, and looks at the bite. "See it's not as bad as it felt." There were a few puncture marks, and a little blood. Then through the opening you see Gabe walk in with the Hobgoblin in toe. "Don't worry everything will be alright."

Gabe:
The little Hobgoblin walks behind you holding onto your pants. When you enter the room you see the Salamander Holding Hansel. His sleeve is ripped, and his arm is bleeding. She whispers something to him before running.

Hansel,Gabe:
The salamander runs toward the exit. She drew her sword with her free arm, and it light on fire. She cut the pillar in half, and kicks it out of the way. She runs out the exit with Gabe, and the Hobgoblin in pursuit. As you are running you see Drake, Jean, and Ruhiel.

Everyone:
The Salamander runs out of the temple holding Hansel with Gabe, and a Hobgoblin chasing her.She stops dead in her tracks when she sees Drake, Jean, and Ruhiel. "Shit, I'm surrounded. What happened to my girls?" She asks setting Hansel on the ground. "Sarah started crying again didn't she? I swear she is the best fighter among them, but she can't take a hit." The Salamander readies her sword, which begins to burn again.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

While he did caste a quick glance at the Lizardmen, he ignored them in favor of moving to the temple. Oddly enough, despite the distance they ran, Drake for once hardly felt winded. He chalked it up to the potion he had taken. Drake tried not to think about it too much, not knowing how long the extra boost would last. He'd ask Jean about it later.

Finally reaching the temple, he made it near the entrence... only to stop as the Salamander came running out. Holding Hansel.

Soon after, Gabriel came running out with a busty little girl in tow. The Salamander looked around her before placing Hansel down.

"Shit, I'm surrounded. What happened to my girls?"

The move wasn't what made Drake's frown deepen. It was the gentilness she used that did.

'Dammit, nothing is ever easy' His focus returned on the Salamader as she continued.

"Sarah started crying again didn't she? I swear she is the best fighter among them, but she can't take a hit." The admission made Drake blink a moment before realization dawned.

'Aww, shit. I'm either incredible lucky or immensly screwed. I just HAD to fight the best of them. That's going to bite me in the ass, I just know it.' Shaking the thoughts away, he focused on the situation. Even as the Salamander readied herself, enveloping her blade in a blazing inferno, Drake's eyes became frigid in determination. His tone was level, but his voice was sharp as steel.

"You said it yourself, you're surrounded, and your girls as currently indisposed. This leaves you 2 choices. One, try to fight us all and lose, or two, leave now. Either way, you've lost here." He kept the staff in hand, ready to draw forward in case she decided to fight. Drake knew the others were probably giving him glances, and he was sure as hell he'd get flak for it after. But his concience wouldn't rest otherwise.

That and Hansel was too close to her for his comfort.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

Gabriel see's the salamander holding hansel and seeing bite marks on his arm and the thought runs through is head. The Bitch bit him didn't she? she's going to pay! then she runs off through the exit of the temple and Gabriel runs to catch her before she can escape but the hobgoblin is making it difficult by holding onto his shorts.
By the time they reach the exit the salamander has stopped and Gabriel sees why, Drake, Jean, and Ruhiel are standing in her way. Great! they survived now we can take her out. he gives Drake a ready glance as he shifts into a striking position. then he whispers to the hobgoblin, "as soon as we get the signal i want you to grab hansel and run..we'll handle the rest, got it?"
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

I'll admit I was relieved to see that the lizard women completely forgot about us, looking back I could see they were all hugging each other, I sighed before continuing toward the temple, as we neared the entrance I could see something, it was the salamander from earlier, the lizard women's leader!

I then see the salamander setting Hansel on the ground after which she readied her sword, which was covered in flames shortly after, seems like she's ready to fight, and honestly I'm sure it won't be pretty even if we do defeat her...wait, did Drake just offered her the chance to surrender!? Damn, its like he read my mind, but to be honest I give him 10% maximum to succeed in convincing her, probably less, regardless I get down into my battle stance in case she attacks, the only time my eyes leave the salamander is when I looked at Drake.

(Seriously, I was gonna make the same offer to her, Drake, but you posted faster than me! XD)
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

(sorry for the delay)
Jean was thankfull for the clear path, but then cursed when the lizardman boss accientally faced them carrying the timid mouse/man. yes, they outnumbered her; yes, they got the recovery potion and two trained men to fight; but even with these Jean knew better than understimate a lizardfolk.
>>You said it yourself, you're surrounded, and your girls as currently indisposed. This leaves you 2 choices. One, try to fight us all and lose, or two, leave now. Either way, you've lost here.<<
bold! there was no way a lizardfolk would leave without fighting, even more after such a comment. Jean eas proven right as the monstergirl in question ignited her sword and prepared to fight
"you have asked for it babe, we never had intentions to fight and yet ya girls had to come and...
suddenly a dark aura start coming out of the merchant's sword and flow around his arm...
"...Break my chart!"
the dark aura retreats with an almost audible *plop*....oh well, that's Jean for ya...
"seriously, do ya have any idea how much it took me to collect and earn those goods?! I demand compensation!"
Jean said as he moves into a defensive stance, never wanting to start a fight
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Hearing Jean, he resisted the urge to sigh at the 'babe' comment. If that didn't send her off, then he'd commend her. He also heard a weird popping sound, but put it aside for the moment. Keeping eye contact with the Salamander, despite her tantalizing figure, he kept the staff on his right.

"You've heard the choices. What say you?" With his other hand he gestured to the perfectly open space on the left, hoping she got the hint. Defeating her wasn't top priority, getting Hansel away from her was.

All he could do now is wait.
Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel was a little dazed as he was grabbed by the Salamander and carried outside. They were then surrounded by the others, seemingly ready to fight each other.

He didn't want people fighting each other. He felt the Salamander wasn't as bad as they thought she was. She showed concern when he was bitten. The bite still hurt, but at least it wasn't venomous. She seemed to actually care for him. He didn't want her hurt, or her friends.

Before any fight could break out, suddenly Hansel was between them and the Salamander, holding his arms out to stop anyone (if he could).

"Please, don't fight!" He called out, looking back and forth between the two sides, "Please..."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

The air was tense, though Drake tried to keep calm. Eyes still on the Salamander, they soon shifted as Hansel stood between them, arms stretched out.

"Please, don't fight!" He looked back and forth between them and the Salamander, concerned as only a shy teen would. "Please..."

He blinked, the tense atmosphere soon forgotten.
'Just like I thought, nothing is ever easy. Gotta admit though, kid's pretty brave, I'll give him that.'' Drake released a deep breath through his nose. He closed his eyes briefly with a mirthful shake of his head.

Easing into a more relaxed stance, Drake placed the staff across his shoulders behind his head. Hanging his arms lazily, he gave the boy a soft half-smile while making sure not to whack Jean in the head.

"Don't worry Hansel, we won't fight if we don't have to. It's all up to her really." His eyes shifted back as he pointed to the Salamander.

"So what do you say? Go back and make sure your girls are alright and leave us be, if not for any reason other than for his sake." At that he nudged his chin at Hasnsel.

"So I ask again, what say you?" His words were more relaxed this time, though a bit of steel seeped back into his eyes. Not enough to alarm Hansel, but just enough to let the Salamander know he meant business. He just hoped she would take the hints and go, he had enough excitement for one day.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

"Hey, what about my goods?! I'm not leaving without something equally valuable"
Jean said while still keeping his eyes on the Lizardwoman's flamming sword
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Everyone:
The Salamander glares at Jean. "If you had surrendered the Stone Disk in the first place none of this would have happened." Just then the Hobgoblin Walked around Gabe.
"Now I'm hungry, and bored!" She walks over to Jean, likely because he was the most fatherly looking. "What is there to eat?" She is wearing her best puppy dog eyes. The Salamander still refuses to Sheath her sword.
"Do you think I'd leave this boy alone with you? I doubt you have the strength to defend him! In a week he'll be picked off by something that will treat him far worse than most of you can imagine!" There are footsteps coming from the opposite direction of the Temple. It is probably the other Lizardmen. They don't seem to be rushed, so you probably have a few minuted before they arrive.
axc_o
Emperess
Emperess

Post by axc_o »

<<If you had surrendered the Stone Disk in the first place none of this would have happened.>>
Jean was about to shout a reply when a little girl with big enticing boobs walks out of the temple claiming to be hungry and walking towards him
<<What is there to eat?>>
"..."
:ehh?:
shaking the spiderwebs inside his head he manages to relate two and two and lowers his two-handed sword an inch
"...come again? no, wha-why would I have something to eat when we are fighting lizardwomen?!"
turning his attention back to the lizardgirl in front of him (and not at the "little" girl) the merchant hears heavy footsteps as he hears said monstergirl almost claiming ownership over the little mouse-man
"...if you wanted him you could have asked for him. while he is not any of my goods I don't see him antagonizing your decision to claim him as yours"
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

"Hey, what about my goods?! I'm not leaving without something equally valuable"

Drake sighed as his eye twitched. Sure, Jean was a merchant so he'd be concerned over his goods which were his only means to support himself. But still... could he not understand what he was trying to do? He watched as things degraded to an agument between Jean and the Salamander, with the young busty girl beside Gabriel to walk over to Jean, asking for food.

'If I wasn't here to see this I wouldn't believe it.' He shook his head, about to speak when the Salamander continued.

"Do you think I'd leave this boy alone with you? I doubt you have the strength to defend him! In a week he'll be picked off by something that will treat him far worse than most of you can imagine!" Eyes narrowed, Drake opted to speak once more, but was interrupted by Jean.

"...if you wanted him you could have asked for him. while he is not any of my goods I don't see him antagonizing your decision to claim him as yours" His head spun so fast some would think he'd suffer from whiplash. Looking with muted shock, Drake could not believe what he just heard.

'Wha? He didn't mean.. how could...' Steel returned to his eyes as he leveled a glare at the old merchant. He seriously hoped he missheard Jean. Turning back to the Salamander he shift back to his earlier stance, deciding not to accidentally whack Jean over the head. He'd give the merchant an earful later. Drake could hear footsteps from behind them, though it seemed whoever they were, they weren't in a rush.

'Great, just great. Not only is this situation encroching FUBAR status, we're about to have even MORE company. Worse yet, it's probably her Lizardmen...women, ah fuck it. Her subordinates.' He just wanted things to go smoothly but no, it just had to go down this path.

"Unless you're willing to drop everything just so you can take care of him, which I doubt, we won't be handing him over, ever. You have doubts? Fine. But here's one thing you should never doubt: underestimate us, and you will regret it." His gaze was fierce, his tone sharp. He didn't know either Hansel or Ruhiel all that well, but the 3 of them were stuck here in this world and he'd be damned before either were taken.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

So the salamander believes we can't protect Hansel, I won't deny that she's strong, if she's the leader of those other lizardwomen she's bound to be but who is she to say that we cannot protect him!? I'll be honest, I was already pretty annoyed but that made me snap "And who are you to decide that we can't protect him!?" as I talked I moved closer to her, the grip on my weapon tightening "You're probably stronger than I am, and you'd probably be able to protect him better than I could..." I stopped getting closer a few meters way, just out of her reach looking directly into her eyes "Now, I'm sure you'll say that I'm an idiot and maybe I am, but I will not allow you to take Hansel, I told him I'd protect him, if I let you leave with him I'd be going back on my words and that I would regret it all my life." I then dropped into my battle stance once again "I care not what happens to me but if you intend to leave with him you will have to get through me first!" I don't know why but at this point my fear had completely vanished, maybe my little speech psyched me up a bit too much...
(Yeah, I'm proabably gonna get my ass kicked so hard because of that. >_>)
(And darn it, Drake, you keep posting right before me when I want to pull something. XD)
(Oh hell I'm not changing my post, and my character ignoring the others can be explained by the fact that she pissed me off badly anyway.)
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

gabe just stands there waiting to either fight or make a compromise.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Lone Wanderer
Magician
Magician

Post by Lone Wanderer »

Hansel let out a small whimper. His plea had lessened tensions for a moment, but now it seemed like a fight was about to break out again, and this time over him. H couldn't stand the idea of people fighting and dying because of him. He quickly spun around to the salamander.

"Why don't you come with us Miss? That way you can protect me, and nobody has to get hurt."
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Everyone:
The Lizardmen arrive swords drawn. The airhead girl looks at Drake, she has a small lump on her head. "When I bring you back we're going to have so much fun I'm going to be bruised.
"Stand down." Said the salamander.
"What, why?" Asked another Lizardman.
"Because I'm protecting the child, and he wishes to stay with these people."
"You know Moo will never let you simply walk away! He'll have us hunt you down!"
"I gave you an order!"
"Listen you fucking Shotacon, this is a stupid Idea! You know Moo has more powerful Monsters than you can even imagine!"
She readies her sword. "You are outnumbered Leave now."
The little Hobgoblin begins to cry. "I'm sooo hungry!"
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Oersted »

Tension filled the air and after what seemed like a long time, to me at least, Hansel spoke up again, asking the salamander to come with us... Poor kid, too naive to see that she most likely didn't have his best interest at heart when trying to abduct him, she probably planned to make him her slave or pet as the lizards said. I kept silent as I waited to see how she would answer, but before that the lizards finally arrived with their sword drawn, it appears things just went from not good to VERY bad.

But unexpectedly the salamander ordered her subordinates to stand down, much to the surprise of everyone except herself and maybe Hansel, of course the lizard women questioned her, listening in on the conversation I could understand that their leader or at least higher up was someone or something called Moo, then when one of the lizards called her a shotacon I flinched "!?" it clicked in my mind, that's why she tried to take him away and why she listened to and seemingly accepted his offer, I still don't trust her though but I'll deal with that in due time, for now the four lizard women before us are the top priority.

Turning to face the four lizards I speak up "Your fiery friend seems to have made a choice, good or bad only time will tell. Now, I believe it would be in your best interest to leave, unless you want to try taking us all on that is."