Island of Eslance (closed)

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Island of Eslance (closed)

Post by Nexous »

The normally quiet village is full of noise today. Every year a different village is charged with the task of appeasing the Island Goddesses, with an act know as the pilgrimage. Once every thirty-four years it comes full circle, and it is once again your villages turn. Your village holds a festival every year, but it is especially spirited this year. There are people who go to the village preforming the pilgrimage every year to celebrate. This brings new life, and money to the village in your week long celebration. However the highlight of the first day is here, the men still capable of preforming the pilgrimage gather. There is laughing, and joking, as old men, and travelers are removed from the group. Every year it's the same, and there is never any malice in the actions. Finally with the jokers removed from the crowd the selecting begins. Every year the next village tries to top the previous selection's ceremony, often leading to over the top methods. This year was no exception as the women of the crowd, and the village elder reveals Harpy eggs. An albino harpy waiting for the cue flew down. "Greetings all, when Shiros the elder of this village, told me what he had planed my sisters agreed. Granted when we were first told about it we were not happy, but the more we thought about it the funner it became. Do not worry these eggs are the same we give you to eat. They carry none of our children. They do however hurt when you're hit by them!" She says with a slightly devious grin. "So that being said don't get hit!" The women begin to distribute the eggs to the crowd. "The last six to be hit directly will be the ones selected... or I suppose we can accept those who avoid getting hit all together!" With that the volley of eggs begin before anyone can change their minds. Being the small village that it is, the number is quickly reduced to the six people who will be preforming the task. Those who had remained clean through the games wouldn't for long, as the harpy began a "celebratory" egging of the winners, and the villagers, and losers were all to happy to help her.
Once the people ran out of eggs, and Shiros was sure it was safe he approached you all. "So there we have it, the pilgrims for this year. Their names will not be forgotten, nor hopefully will their coronation be." He snickered. "Their names are Leon Gaston, Aedan Cole, Oliver Gallagher, Alson Milone, Brandon Valiquette, and Finally Nalmid Cine. These brave, and dirty men will leave in the morning. They will head through the north gate, and toward the High temple. Once there they will receive directions." He then turns to you, and in a more serious tone speaks directly to the chosen six people. "Know this, the selection may be all fun, and games, but you carry a heavy burden. I'm sure you know this, but I will tell you now to save you the embarrassment of asking if you don't. We ingrain it into you when we can, and I will tell you one final time. There are laws for those who go on this pilgrimage. Firstly you may never take the life of another. Second you may never speak of what is involved in the rituals. Finally, and most importantly, you must complete this task. There was only one year that the pilgrims failed. The goddesses lost their powers, and were unable to protect us that year. Many starved, or died of disease, or in natural disasters. Know that the lives of the entire Nation of Eslance depend on you." With that he turned, and headed toward his seat overlooking the festivities. "I am weary, you enjoy yourselves until it is time to leave." As he reaches his seat he slowly sits down. A werecat decided to take advantage of the situation, and slips an egg in his seat electing a sigh, and a head shake from the old man. The village bursts into laughter at the sight. You continue to enjoy the festivities in what ever way you see fit, be it eating, drinking, or just going off to find peace, and quiet.
The next morning you all gather by the north gate, and begin your journey on foot. "Surely it will be a long journey. Maybe we should get to know one another better?" Nalmid Chimes in.

(More or less this part will be mostly conversations. I will post as Nalmid when he is responding until he is replaced by another player, and I will also decide to post when the next event happens. There isn't a set number of posts from everyone, maybe not everyone will get a chance to post before that happens. It could be a random event, or something caused by a player. For example the first person to post could say "I run off into the woods to play chess with a leprechaun." I would post something like "Having gone mad so, and so gets lost in the tall grass never to be heard from again." I doubt that would happen, but you get the idea. Other examples are "I listen for a noise.", or "Hey let's go over there, I think I see something." If the party agrees of course. All in all this will be driven off you guys, unless something happens. In the future quick travel will likely be involved if the trip will be largely uneventful. Fast travel in this RP will seldom be from where you are to your next destination. It will be from where you are until the next point of interest. That being said I have someone who may take over the NPC spot lined up.)
Last edited by Nexous on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Re: Island of Eslance

Post by Heero »

After the egg throwing Aedan slips away to the nearby woods to wash the filth off of him. And to find some food. Seeing as he now has the day off from working on the various farms he finds a soft path under a shady tree and, after washing and eating falls asleep.

When morning comes he wakes up and washes his face before making his way toward the village. Once there he quickly checks on some of the farm animals and MG's he takes care of before going to the meeting spot.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Zoner of The End

Post by EndZoner »

Spoiler: show
The normally quiet village is full of noise today. Every year a different village is charged with the task of appeasing the Island Goddesses, with an act know as the pilgrimage. Once every thirty-four years it comes full circle, and it is once again your villages turn. Your village holds a festival every year, but it is especially spirited this year. There are people who go to the village preforming the pilgrimage every year to celebrate. This brings new life, and money to the village in your week long celebration. However the highlight of the first day is here, the men still capable of preforming the pilgrimage gather. There is laughing, and joking, as old men, and travelers are removed from the group. Every year it's the same, and there is never any malice in the actions. Finally with the jokers removed from the crowd the selecting begins. Every year the next village tries to top the previous selection's ceremony, often leading to over the top methods. This year was no exception as the women of the crowd, and the village elder reveals Harpy eggs. An albino harpy waiting for the cue flew down. "Greetings all, when Shiros the elder of this village, told me what he had planed my sisters agreed. Granted when we were first told about it we were not happy, but the more we thought about it the funner it became. Do not worry these eggs are the same we give you to eat. They carry none of our children. They do however hurt when you're hit by them!" She says with a slightly devious grin. "So that being said don't get hit!" The women begin to distribute the eggs to the crowd. "The last six to be hit directly will be the ones selected... or I suppose we can accept those who avoid getting hit all together!" With that the volley of eggs begin before anyone can change their minds. Being the small village that it is, the number is quickly reduced to the six people who will be preforming the task. Those who had remained clean through the games wouldn't for long, as the harpy began a "celebratory" egging of the winners, and the villagers, and losers were all to happy to help her.
Once the people ran out of eggs, and Shiros was sure it was safe he approached you all. "So there we have it, the pilgrims for this year. Their names will not be forgotten, nor hopefully will their coronation be." He snickered. "Their names are Leon Gaston, Aedan Cole, Oliver Gallagher, Alson Milone, Brandon Valiquette, and Finally Nalmid Cine. These brave, and dirty men will leave in the morning. They will head through the north gate, and toward the High temple. Once there they will receive directions." He then turns to you, and in a more serious tone speaks directly to the chosen six people. "Know this, the selection may be all fun, and games, but you carry a heavy burden. I'm sure you know this, but I will tell you now to save you the embarrassment of asking if you don't. We ingrain it into you when we can, and I will tell you one final time. There are laws for those who go on this pilgrimage. Firstly you may never take the life of another. Second you may never speak of what is involved in the rituals. Finally, and most importantly, you must complete this task. There was only one year that the pilgrims failed. The goddesses lost their powers, and were unable to protect us that year. Many starved, or died of disease, or in natural disasters. Know that the lives of the entire Nation of Eslance depend on you." With that he turned, and headed toward his seat overlooking the festivities. "I am weary, you enjoy yourselves until it is time to leave." As he reaches his seat he slowly sits down. A werecat decided to take advantage of the situation, and slips an egg in his seat electing a sigh, and a head shake from the old man. The village bursts into laughter at the sight. You continue to enjoy the festivities in what ever way you see fit, be it eating, drinking, or just going off to find peace, and quiet.
After the celebration was over, Brandon went back to his mother's farm to rest for tomorrow. While there, his mother express great joy that Brandon is participating the pilgrimage to assist the Nation of Eslance. On the next day, he get ready for the pilgrimage. Kissing his mother goodbye, he left the farm to get to the meeting place.
The next morning you all gather by the north gate, and begin your journey on foot. "Surely it will be a long journey. Maybe we should get to know one another better?" Nalmid Chimes in.
Brandon simply crossed his arms, "I'm Brandon Valiquette, I make a living as a farmer on my mother's land. I'm not here to socialize, I just want to get this pilgrimage over with. Also, just because we're going on the pilgrimage, this does not make us friends.", he stated curtly. He has no interest in making friends, but he'll tolerate anyone if it makes his mother both safe and proud.
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by lv27_robothero »

After the whole egg throwing celebration, Leon went back home and started cleaning the two oxen they had. His father however told him that he should instead rest and take the day off to relax for the next day. So Leon, went inside his home to be greeted by his sisters who where excited to see their brother.
"Hey big bro!" his two younger sisters say excited that their brother is going on the trip. "Can we play with your stuff now that you're going to be gone?" they ask with innocence in their eyes.
"Knock it off you two, Leon isn't gone yet!" His older sister yells at the two.
"Okay." the two say as they go outside to play with the chickens to leave Leon alone.
"Leon, you're gonna need to get cleaned if you're gonna going out on that journey! You smell and are covered in filth" His sister says.
"But sis, it was a part of the ceremony!" Leon protested.
"I don't care! As long as you are still in this house I want everybody to be clean!" She says getting the wash cloth and hot water ready. "Plus I can't have my younger brother looking dirty to all those people, you have to look nice."
"Aw man." Leon says as he get dragged to wash room and cleaned by his sister, who leaves him alone once she got all the egg yolk and shells out of his hair.

After Leon is finished bathing, he finds his younger sisters and mother cleaning his robe that his older brother gave to him. He goes into the kitchen to find his older brother is back with a new kill being boar but a lot smaller than his other kills.
"Hey little bro!" his brother says patting his kid brother on the head.
"Hey cut it out! I'm not a kid anymore." Leon says but enjoys seeing his brother again.
"Hey I wouldn't miss out on my brother last day before leaving. What kind of brother would I be?" He says
"Well brother, what a kill. I shall get mother and father here to help us prepare a feast for our little brother." Their sister says as she enters the kitchen with lots of veggies from the garden.

Later on that night Leon and his family feasted on the caught boar and the fresh veggies. They gave what meats they didn't use to the other poor neighbors. As Leon finished his meals and helped clean the dishes. He finally went to bed, but not before his mother giving him one last good night's kiss.

The next morning Leon wakes up and gathers his supplies and is about to leave the door, but not before his family stops him to say goodbye. His mother and sister's hug him telling him to be safe and that they made sure to pack him extra food and shorts. While his father gives him gleeful smile of confidence that Leon will be fine. Leon's brother is nowhere to be seen until he comes out door with a special knife.
"Here Leon. Take this, Its a gift from me to you!" He says. "Oh and don't worry its just a hunting knife!"
Leon takes the knife and puts it in his bag and rushes to the northern gates and meets the other adventurers. As he hears the talk about getting to know each other better, Leon musters up the courage to speak.
"I-I'm Leon Gaston, just a simple farmer y-you know." He says a little shy to meet his new companions.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Kuudere and One-eyed lover
Favorite Monster Type: Gazer, Golem, Cyclops, Chochin

Post by TheShadoek »

Alson knew about the festivities, he had digged into some of the culture from his nation from forehand. Apparently there was a cycle of some sorts that dictated which village would send his champions over the pilgrimage, and this year, the honors belonged to this village. He felt it an honor to have the able to participate, though he did not know everything, as it was not of his interest and thus he only scratched the surface of what it involved.

The learned man knew that there would be some kind of ritual to choose the men that would do the pilgrimage, but he lacked of any knowledge about what it involved, so he stepped forth, with pride, to help his nation...

Alson saw lots of eggs, harpy eggs judging by their size, sitting on a container that formerly was hidden, be revealed by the village elder, and an albino harpy soar down, then giving off the meaning of these... A ritual of towing eggs... Trowing... EGGS!?

The alarmed man immediately lowered his sight towards his clothes, needless to say, those were not clothes you would want to have yolk smeared all over, but it was too late, as now he held his own a liquid grenade on hands and projectiles were flying from and to all directions. Alson trew the egg to the nothingness and crouched down as fast as he could. He thought that doing so would reduce the area he occupies, making him effectively harder to hit when summed to his slim frame. And surprisingly, it worked. It worked much better than he would have ever hoped for, it was so good of an strategy that he actually ended being completely clean and the victors were announced...

*Splat.* Of course- *Splat, splat, splat...*

Alson arrived to his own house bathed in the essence of eggs, though he got dirty, in the end, it was a lot of fun to see the elder suffer the mischief of a naughty werecat and get a taste of cough medicine too. But he had to prepare for tomorrow. He gained a new obligation during that time and a long travel awaited for him. So he also had to talk with that man.

Once he was sure that he was completely clean, his clothes were soaking in water so the yolk would not stick to them forever, and he prepared a bag with supplies for a couple of days. Alson got out of his home, strolling across several streets until he reached a house that belonged to someone he knew very well, someone that he despiced very much, yet someone he loved.

"My son... Welcome, welcome. It is rare for you to visit your father nowadays..." That man said as he gestured accordingly to his words, opening the door for Alson to go in, but he politely refused.

"Father, i am not sure if you heard who were selected for the pilgrimage this year. So i came here to announce that. I shall not be home for the next week, or maybe the next month." Alson said, talking as polite as he could.

"I know, i know. I do watch over you even now, you know?" The old man said in reply.

"Well then, father." The young man simply said as he turned around, leaving that man behind with a look of indifference...

The next morning Alson reunited with the group. He forgot to take note of their names so when someone suggested to get to know eachother better he perked up.

"That is a good idea. We do not know what dangers may await us, so get to know eachother's forte and weakness may help us in facing them." The man said as he walked along, and actually heard some of his group mates go ahead and present himself before he could, so he picked up confidence and said in an indifferent tone. "Alson Milone. I am not gifted in the physical side of things, but you can count on me nonetheless."
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Nalmid turns to Brandon. "True we may not be friends, but there is no need to put forth the effort to be an arse." His attention returns when the other two introduse themselves. I'm Nalmid I help my father on our family farm. We don't grow a lot, enough food to live off of, and we sell some wool to pick up the slack. It's a pleasure to meet you all."
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

It was that time of the year again but this time it was my village's turn. You see, every year one of the thirty four villages is selected to appease the Island Goddesses so that the natural calamities that seem to be attracted to this island won't happen. The selection of the people who will do the appeasing were always... weird and it gets weirder every year due to the chosen village's effort of topping the previous ceremony.

This time the selection involved eggs and the last six to be hit was to be chosen and soon the eggs went flying. Honestly, I'm happy sitting behind the counter of my store and not braving the elements and thus I put myself out in the open to receive the white balls of protein.

"Hit me with all you've got!"

-----------

Despite displaying myself like a sitting duck, I was one of the last six to be hit and now I find myself with five men who were also egged last. We were gathered by the village's north gate and began our journey on foot.

The others introduced themselves so it was only fitting I do so too. "I'm Oliver Gallagher, the owner of the goods store in our village. Admittedly, it's not doing so well so I may go farming."
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Alson made sure to take mental note of each name that was being told. He was paired up with, mostly, broad people dedicated to farming, so he was content that he can depend on someone to do a physscal task if there is need to. But also a little jealous. Shortly after, though, his mind ran out of things to think about so his boredom grew, and he seeked for conversation of any kind to kill it, maybe something as trivial as...

"Say, someone knows how long does it take to get from here to the High temple? It is for my curiosity that is eating me alive."
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

"I have no idea." Nalmid admits. "I was just told there would be signs along the road to tell us which way to go. I've never had cause to go there myself."

Rustling can be heard in the woods, as something seems to move away from you rather quickly.
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

Brandon was about to make a retort to Nalmid when he heard rustling in the woods.

"The hell was that?", he asked out loud. "Anyone else heard that?", he asked the group. Before Nalmid could make any form of response, Brandon added, "Anyone other than the schmuck named Nalmid?"
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

"I heard that too. Though, i just assumed it was one of us..." Alson said as he turned his head to where he believed the sound came from, attempting to catch a glance of the creature, if possible.

"Maybe it was an animal fleeing from us? We are in the woods after all." He reasoned out loud as he looked around, just for caution.
lv27_robothero
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Ally of Anon Jr. and time god
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by lv27_robothero »

'It's best we not follow it.' Leon whispered but loud enough for everyone to hear. 'Chasing what we don't know can lead us into danger.'
Leon checked his surroundings to see if there are any signs of animals while keeping an ear out for what the others have to say.
My wives
Yuri the Ryu ,Sally the Wurm, Lisa the Dragon, Asterius the Minotaur, Freya the Valkyrie, and Teffy the Pharaoh
My Children
Kira the Holy Dragon, from Lisa.
Meiling the Ryu, from Yuri.
Bath Kol the Valkyrie From Freya
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Nalmid glares at Brandon. "Boy I might not be allowed to kill, but I ain't been told not to whip some arse!" He says too fixated on Brandon to care about much else.
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Alson looked around in the area but found nothing of their little observer, so he sighed in dissapointment as a result. He did hope to see something at least... Then, two of his pilgrimage companions begun a heated argument with eachother, he sighed again.

"...It appears someone is adamant to lose time, so i will go and peek ahead while things sort out. Do not worry. If i get in dire trouble i will let you know, just hear out for the female screams of horror." And with that said, he fastened up his feet, leaving the group behind.
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

Brandon stared at Nalmid with a false sense of disgust. "Really? Are you that much of a brute to use excessive force when someone hurts your feelings? Well bring it on punk because you just opened a jar of ass whooping.", Brandon stated as he took a step closer to Nalmid. Hearing that Alson is leaving the group to investigate the woods, Brandon added, "Don't get lost and/or kidnapped!" With that out of the way, he focus his attention back on Nalmid. "Now where were we? Ah yes, I was about to beat the crap out of you.", he stated.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

As Brandon steps forward Nalmid throws a straight right, hitting him in the face while he was still talking smack. Knocking him on his backside dazed. "Boy, if you're gonna fight then fight, don't talk!" With that he offers you a hand up. "That knock some manners into you, or do I have to hit you harder?"
Alson only gets a little way up the road before the commotion starts. Suddenly a goblin runs out of the woods. "Did I really just miss a fight?" She asks herself disappointed. She freezes, and looks at Alson eyes widening. "Uh... you didn't see me!" She says before running back into the woods. It's safe to say with the commotion Alson was the only one to see her.
(Rolled a 15. 16 would have knocked you out. Dude is country as cornbread, trust me I'm from Missouri I know a thing or two about rednecks.)
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

"Yeah, yeah.", Brandon responded as he accepted the hand and got back up. "I'll be sure to hit first next time.", he added as he gripped Nalmid's hand tight and threw a left hook at him. "Also, I'm petty.", he added. Assuming that the punch connected, "There now we're even.", he stated.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

When he feels your grip tighten he jerks his arm throwin you off balance. He then throws a knee catching your jaw, putting Brandon to sleep. "Well, guess it's as good a time to make camp as any.
(I swear I'm being fair here's the roller. Roll(1d20)+0:
16,+0
Total:16

Roll(1d20)+0:
3,+0
Total:3

NOTES
-------------------------
This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.)
TheShadoek
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TheShadoek »

Alson took a brief peek back and saw one of the aggravated men on the floor, he sighed yet again. It seems like they will have to carry him or wait until he opens his eyes, both of which are not good options taking that they would advance normally if nothing of this happened, but thinking about that is beating a dead horse...

"Hmm?"

A little girl then came out of the forest in a rush. She made a renundant question about if she missed the fight, and Alson was half tempted to tell her that she just missed one punch, until he noticed her horns. She was a goblin he had never seen in the village, but he was not sure of her intentions. Goblins are normally friendly, but there are also those that, while not exactly evil, they are mischievous and like to play rough with humans.

Alson was really unsure of what to think, but just as it comes, it goes, and the goblin ran away trying to covince him that he saw nothing, in a childrish manner.

"Fine. I saw nothing." He replied to the nothingness as he advanced further, changing directions to where she ran off to. Of course he was now interested in this goblin, and with someone knocked out, he had the time to explore and investigate.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

(I will be adding NPCs to the OOC after this.)
Shiros walks out of the village, which is barely fourty meters . "You couldn't even wait to get out of sight of the village before you started fighting?" A seemingly teenage girl walks up with him. She has vibrant pink hair in pigtails. Once she gets close enough you see the black rune on her forehead identifying her as Faunra the town healer.
Faunra approaches Brandon, and Nalmid. "What were you thinking?" She addresses Nalmid directly, but cut him off when he tried to respond. "No excuses! You are disrespecting the Island Goddesses with your actions! You are all on a very important task, and should take your responsibilities seriously understood?"
Nalmid nodded contritely "Yes ma'am."
"Good." She continued. "I will think up a suitable punishment for you later." Nalmid cringed at her words, and anyone who knew her would understand. Her punishments tended to be over the top more often than not. She then looks down at Brandon. "You broke his jaw you know." She channels energy into her hand, and slaps Brandon across the face. "Wake up!" She shouts rousing him. "I healed your injuries, but your punishment is the pain from them will remain for the rest of the day. I will be scrying you all, if I see anymore foolishness like this there WILL be consequences!" With that she turned, and walked off. Since everyone here knows her, and how she is anyone with half a brain would just let her walk off.

Alson follows the path, and sees the goblin waiting. Once he comes into view she takes off again heading the same direction.