Zauberheim - Kingdom of Magic RP

It's that time of year again for the Grad Academy tournament. What will this year have in store...

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Zoner of The End

Re: Zauberheim - Kingdom of Magic RP

Post by EndZoner »

-------------------
Unknown Forest
-------------------
KillMoves wrote:"Come on, mister. Drop the barrier. You know there's no escape~."
"God dammit, leave me alone! I'm not interested! Is this what everyone have to deal with when they're with me?!", he yelled at the Alraune as he was surrounded by what appears to be copies of the original. He had to stop in his tracks as his spell can also be applied as a battery ram. Seeing that he impatience isn't a virtue, he decided to take things more calmly. "Alright, I'm calm. So calm that it's insane.", he muttered as he try to find a more peaceful solution to the issue at hand. "Okay, maybe I can explain to you why I'm in a hurry! You see, a friend of a friend of mine is in trouble where he might die if I don't find the girl that just might save his ass. If you leave me alone in peace, I promise to have a nice picnic with you! Though, I would have prefer an open field with nothing blocking the sky but I won't complain!", he attempted to persuade the Alraune to leave in peace. Despite being known to cheat, he doesn't lie either. He'll keep his word but something tells him that the Alraune won't believe him. "Hmm, now that I think about, there's no way to assure you that I'll come back...", he stated out loud as it made his argument meaningless. "I'm a victim that have suffered various degrees of burn on his entire body with several patches of fake skin! Surely you don't want to have an intimate relationship with a man that experience pain while you experience pleasure!", he attempted to use to argue however he also accounted that she may be a rare one that's not interested in sex and just want a companion. "Unless of course you're into just company then I would like to inform that I'm a sociopathic serial killer that has been known to kill members of a religious faction called The Order! Ha, I bet that's a real turn off for you!", he exclaimed as he feels like he finally managed to get rid of the Alraune.

--------------
City Streets
--------------
Phantom77 wrote:"Try not to fall behind, Brendan!"
""Try not to fall behind," says the girl that runs as fast as the wind...", Brandon muttered as he followed after the princess and her entourage. "Really princess, if you're going to keep up with your teasing, Felicie might want to join in on the fun.", he commented to make sure that she heard him. "And you know how she tease.", he added before pumping into something. However, as he hurried after them, he did not notice that someone was crossing his path and made physical contact soon.

"Ack!", a feminine voice released.

"Whoa!", Brandon yelped as he collapsed onto the woman.

Should Lisia take notice that Brandon had crashed into someone, she would noticed that he crashed into someone familiar...

"Hey watch where you're- Oh, hey, princess!", said Dalia as she pushed Brandon off of her and quickly made her way to the princess. "Fancy seeing you so soon! Especially what happened yesterday! You must be one tough girl!", Dalia commented as she flips her hair in an attempt to get Lisia to notice the strawberry scent in her hair.

Meanwhile, Brandon got up from the ground as he grumbled to himself for not watching where he was going. Once he had pulled himself together, he noticed that the woman he had knocked down was now talking to the princess like they knew each other. Never seeing her before, he decided to wait it out to see where this was going. As he waited, he noticed that a tall man with a dark complexion and white hair passed him and made his way to the princess and Dalia.

"It's great that I actually caught up to you without meaning to! Ever since yesterday, I was thinking that you might need a bodyguard to protect you and your amazingly define bod- Ack!", Dalia shrieked as he was dragged away from the princess.

"My apologies, princess. My sister has always been impulsive.", Jonathan apologized to the princess. "It's good to see that you're healthy, but we need to go now. We have other businesses to take care of. Please excuse our sudden departure.", Jonathan said to the princess before dragging his sister away to their priorities.

Watching what had just transpired silently, Brandon walked over to the princess, "You sure know how to pick some interesting people, princess.", Brandon commented as he rejoined to group to go to the Luminous Citadel.

(Been meaning to find a way to get those two to show up again. ^^)
Birdy
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Monster Girl Extraordinaire
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Holstaur, Kikimora, etc

Post by Birdy »

Running with the grace and swiftness of a gazelle, Konori fled through the busy main streets. She was heading towards the marketplace, where it was even more congested, and even more unlikely that the Orderites would be able to get at her should they decide to follow. Also, if necessary, she could always pop into a shop to hide, buy herself a snack, and attract more clients. She dodged around startled men, women, and mamono as she ran, her smile and her exhilaration still bright and glowing. She never realized that she being pursued not from the street, but from the rooftops.

Taking the opportunity to glance behind her as she rounded a corner, the Youko did not see the mysterious hooded man before her until it was too late, crashing into him with a cry and tumbling with the unfortunate - or perhaps fortunate - fellow across the street. When they at last came to a stop, Konori found herself on top of the hooded stranger, straddling his hips as she slowly sat up with a groan, holding her head in an attempt to ward off her dizziness. This was her second graceless crash in less than an hour: an embarrassing track record for one who prided herself on her agility and poise.

"Sorry, Stranger-san." she bashfully apologized to the person beneath her, hoping that he or she was not hurt. As her dizziness cleared, the voluptuous Youko realized that she was indeed straddling a man, and though she could not make out his face, her seductive instinct kicked in all the same. Smiling down at her "trapped quarry", her ruby-red gaze both predatory and alluring, she bent forward as though to kiss him, licking her lips before whispering. "Mmmm... Or perhaps I should say 'you're welcome'..."

It was then that Konori suddenly felt an arm wrap around her from behind. "Kuso," she thought in the first fraction of a second, "I've been caught." But in the next the affectionate rub between her ears and familiar voice and scent made her eyes go wide with shock and realization. "Haru-chan?" Turning, she found that it was indeed her Nekomata and fellow Zipanginese friend, the Youko leaping to her feet with astonishment and joy. "Haru-channn!" Konori hugged Haruka tightly, almost forgetting about the man she had dismounted in her pleasure at finding an old friend in Zauberheim. "Haru-chan, it's so good to see you! And Ji-chan's here too? Where've you been staying? How long have you been here? Why didn't you come immediately to my place?"

Konori then paused, scratching her head with embarrassment as she realized, "Oh... I might have forgotten to give you my new address. Sorry, Haru-chan. I kind of had to move here in a hurry." The Youko remembered very well moving - or rather fleeing - to Zauberheim after being wanted on charges of public lewdness and aiding in the escape of a convicted criminal by a city in the south. Fortunately for her, the city was looking for a Werewolf, not a Youko with dark coloring.

Konori was surprised to discover that Haruka actually knew the man she had "pussy-blocked" her from seducing, and even more surprised at the man's alias. "Assassin?" she repeated, her expression becoming cold and distrustful as she eyed the hooded man. She knew what that word meant, and though she did not smell any blood on him, and knew that humans liked to take on dangerous-sounding nicknames, she would make sure to foil his plans if he truly did plan on murdering someone. Before she had been eager to seduce him. Now she looked upon him with frank suspicion.

But what was this about Peter? Could it be the same Peter? Peter Culiar? Peter was a fairly common name in the Western Lands, particularly in Zauberheim, so Konori remained silent until she could be sure. It was very possible that another Peter was in prison. She too now noticed the slight smell of gunpowder coming from the man called Assassin, and her opinion of him grew yet dimmer, her ruby-red eyes narrowing. Explosives were dangerous, unpredictable, and messy. It was bad enough for one person to die in a blast, but often it was more than just the target who suffered and perished. Just who had Haruka and Jiyi entangled themselves with?

"Could you excuse us for a second 'Assassin-san'?" Konori asked, not waiting for a verbal or visual reply before yanking her friend to the side and speaking in rapid Zipanginese in a tone which, while softer, was probably still quite audible to the man in question. "Haru-chan, what are you and Ji-chan doing hanging out with some guy called Assassin? Sure, his mana smells good, and I know you are no novice in overpowering men, but with a name like that, and smelling like gunpowder, he could be dangerous! He might be here to kill someone! And what's this business about 'Peter'? Who is 'Peter'? You don't mean Peter Culiar, do you?"
<3 "Resistance is futile, you will be seduced." <3
<3
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Turning his hooded head towards Arteus, the Wanderer gave a steady nod.

"A fair question, in of itself and the timing is fortuitous I will admit. I have actually run into young Peter once before, prior to this court session. He and a friend were taking a stroll in the street before the events that occurred with the masked vigilante yesterday. We had bumped into one another as I was making my way towards the castle to meet with the King. The boy had apologized for the occurance but I told him there was nothing to apologize for. Gave him a pat on the head, wished them both a pleasant day and continued on my way." The figure brought his hands together, linking fingers.

"Outside the walls of any safe haven, one must have a good instinct on feeling out the character of those you meet when you travel. An instant is all some will need and mine has helped me survive this long, so I find no reason to distrust my instinct what I felt of young Culiar's character does not match the accusations placed against him. I state here and now that I have firm belief that Peter Culiar is innocent of all charges placed against him and I intend to see him walk out this courtroom free of all charges." His words, though calm and poised, had a charismatic undertone that helped enhance the feeling of strength of the man's belief in the words he spoke. Everyone in the courtroom that had listened to their instinct when needed could certainly relate with the Wanderer. With the White Witch gone the time was certainly fortuitous as he mentioned. If his words helped sway the favor of some in the crowd to stand behind Peter all the better.

"That is why I stand here in his defence when it appears that no one else would. Of which I do find a bit odd wouldn't you agree Sir Arteus?"
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Oersted wrote:"I awoke not too far from here, as for why I find myself in Zauberheim... I cannot remember, but I am certain that I am no mere tourist here."
"I see." Jiyi said before Haruka mentioned she needed to check something. "What?"

"Ruka wait!" The Hinezumi was now torn between her Nekomata friend and the Dark Elf stranger. On one hand Haruka might stir up trouble that might need cleaning up or at worst, assistance. On the other, she could not just leave the lost, amnesiac Dark Elf then and there. That would be rude of the highest level. Jiyi sighed as she made her decision. "Haruka can look after herself. Most of the time." She muttered to herself before turning to Emilia.

"I'll deal with that later... For now, at least we know that you're not here for no reason." Jiyi said with a smile. "Perhaps someone in Zauberheim recognizes you. But then that means you will have to wander around Zauberheim hoping someone to greet you. If so, then you can come hang with me and Haruka until then. I know my friend's a little wild but she's alright once you get to know her." She continued.

"What do you think, Emilia?"

--MEANWHILE--

Moments after Rielle had left, Arteus posed a question for the Cloaked Wanderer who answered.

"Well and all, Mister Wanderer." Count Sivana spoke when others would not. "But this is civilization where instincts are not enough to judge men to be innocent or guilty. We have standards to uphold and words are but wind according to the standards here. Not to mention instincts."

"But the lack of solid evidence makes this 'wind' all we have, don't you think?" Thomas, arms crossed, retorted to which Count Sivana was ready to shoot back.

It was then the courthouse's doors opened to reveal Rielle with Fallia in tow. "Well, here she is." Rielle announced. "Ask away!" She shoved Fallia to the center which made Count Sivana tremble a bit at how roughly the White Witch treated his daughter. "Though I'd bet good money on what she's going to say. But orders are orders."

Rielle had returned to her seat while Peter and Fallia made eye contact which the latter immediately broke.

--ELSEWHERE--

All the Alraune were silent for a moment before they all burst into laughter. "Well that was quite the explosion." One of them said.

"All right girls, the man is obviously distressed and needs our help. Let's leave this one alone for now okay?" An Alraune with a mature voice said. Despite the similarities of the Alraunes around, this one looked older than the rest.

"Awww! Miss Mona, this is the eleventh time this week!"

"Now now, girls. This is a special occasion." Mona told the other Alraunes. "I promise the next one will be all ours regardless of his reason. Deal?"

"Okay~!"

Some of the Alraune retreated back to their bulbs or back into the cover of the forest while three stuck around to see what was going to happen. "It's not unusual for people to search for other people here. But a noisy, masked man searching for people? That is surely new." Mona giggled. "Tell me, who exactly are you searching for here? And who is this friend whose life is in danger?"

--CONCURRENTLY--
Birdy wrote:"Haru-chan, what are you and Ji-chan doing hanging out with some guy called Assassin? Sure, his mana smells good, and I know you are no novice in overpowering men, but with a name like that, and smelling like gunpowder, he could be dangerous! He might be here to kill someone! And what's this business about 'Peter'? Who is 'Peter'? You don't mean Peter Culiar, do you?"
"Chill, chill Konori!" Haruka grinned at the Youko. "I know 'Assassin' is a foreboding alias to have, but Peter himself vouched for the guy." But then she whispered in a quieter voice. "But I admit keeping an eye on him isn't a bad idea."

"And yeah, I mean Peter Culiar. The boy who got accused of rape." Haruka sported a more melancholic look. "I wish luck for him but..." The Nekomata continued without finishing that sentence. "Anyway, me, Jiyi and our friend over here tried to break him out before but he refused. He believed that the people will know he didn't do anything." Haruka then stared to the direction of the courthouse. "I hope he's right."

Assassin simply stood there, feeling the suspicion aimed right at him by the Youko. It was unusual for monsters to show very negative attention to him and it was a bit heartbreaking every time. He did not voice that feeling though, in fact, he did not say anything at all which attracted attention nevertheless. "And you." Haruka turned to Assassin. "If you're not going to break Peter out then what are you doing with all that explosive stuff?"

Assassin knew the answer but answering it was a bit of a chore so he opted to not answer it at all. "Well, I didn't peg you as rude..."

--SOMEWHERE ELSE--

The guards had arrived and the situation seemed all but resolved with the students not wanting anymore to do with either of the troublemakers.

"Yes, yes. My thug will be on a tighter leash from now on." Zev'jul then glanced on Keith. "And probably half the meals."

"Bye bye Rias and friends!" Keith waved the students goodbye, likely a one-sided farewell. "I'll see you all in the uprising!"

As the sorcerer and the sellsword went away, the former was not at all happy though he was used to it at that point. "Must you really continue to rile them?" Zev'jul tiredly ask.
"Oh come on, they probably know it by now." Keith replied. "I'm just playing with their fears. I mean, they MUST know that Zauberheim is technically Mamono right? Ain't no way the Order's happy about that."
"If that little outburst of yours prove disastrous... I'm firing you." Zev'jul told the mercenary. "'Tis my right, is it not?"
Keith gasped. "You wouldn't dare! You crazy, insensitive bastard!"
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

"Perhaps, or something might come back to me at later point." she commented before shrugging at Jiyi's suggestion "Well, I don't have much else to do and wandering the streets alone is just trouble waiting to happen." she said with a faint smile "Besides, maybe hanging out with you two is just what I need to get out of this gloomy mood of mine." she added and then looked at the direction Haruka bolted to not long ago "Now that I've decided to tag along for a while maybe it would be a good idea to follow her, she seemed to be an even bigger magnet for trouble than I."
Birdy
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Birdy »

Konori listened to her friend's explanation as to her association with Assassin and Peter, occasionally glancing back at the cloaked man with cautious - though softened - eyes. Irresponsible and carefree as the feisty Youko usually was, she felt protective and somewhat responsible for Haruka and Jiyi's wellbeing in Zauberheim. She had adopted it as her own city, and thought of her Zipanginese comrades not only as her dear friends, but as her honored guests. She wanted to be sure they were safe and well during their stay. If she were unable to prevent them from coming to harm within Zauberheim's walls, it would be a long time before she would overcome her sense of guilt.

So it was Peter Culiar she spoke of, and who was friends with this Assassin. How odd, such a harmless-looking young man being friends with an assassin. But, as she had considered before, "Assassin" might be nothing more than a nickname, and not his true profession. The spiritually-attuned fox could not feel any evil intentions from him, so perhaps...

Konori sighed, muttering "This case of Culiar-san grows stranger and stranger..." Turning to face Assassin, her distrustful look melted somewhat, the Youko bowing formally, showing off her ample breasts to perfection. "If I have misjudged you, please accept my apologies." She stood upright, a mischievous smile spreading across her lips. "Though I hope you are aware that with a name like 'Assassin', you can't expect all to immediately trust you. If you mean no harm - and have no intention of destroying anything with the gunpowder you carry - you have nothing to fear from me. But, if you do..." Her eyes flashed dangerously, "I know some lonely Ogres and Ushi-Oni in need of husbands."

Instantly Konori's smile returned, and she spoke to both Haruka and Assassin, still in hushed tones to prevent them from being overheard. "What do you know of the charges and evidence against Culiar-san? All I have been able to learn is that he is accused of raping a nobleman's daughter, and that if convicted he may be executed. But what evidence do they have? According to the law..." The Youko reached into her left sleeve, immediately withdrawing a small book explaining Zauberheim's laws and individual rights. After being chased out of so many cities, Konori made a point of studying human law, though she continued to bend and break it all the same. Flipping to a certain page, she continued "'A person, human or monster, citizen or visitor, may not be sentenced to death without clear and damning evidence of guilt.'"

Looking up into the faces of Haruka and Assassin, Konori repeated "So... what evidence is there? Did they find his mana inside her? On the sheets? Anywhere? Perhaps they didn't think to look for it. They need more than the accusation to convict. Culiar-san seems confident that he will be exonerated, and I am inclined to believe in his innocence. He looks positively harmless! Though he'd make a delicious late night snack..."

The Youko paused, daydreaming about her own history of late night ravishings, both in Zipangu and the Western Lands. Now that she had a regular source of mana through her clientle, she rarely raped men who were not initially willing, but when she was desperate, she did not consider raping the occasional man such a sin. She always made sure that they enjoyed it, after all. And the few times that a man had tried to rape her, Konori had responded enthusiastically. After all, for a mamono it was flattering to be sexually attacked by a man.

But humans had so many hang-ups when it came to sex, and especially when it came to rape. Even more especially when it came to a man raping a woman. She had noticed that there was great shame and stigma surrounding such crimes, and sometimes the accusation was considered proof enough for conviction. Now, with a nobleman's daughter making the charge, was it possible that her word alone would send Peter to the scaffold?

Softly, as if almost speaking to herself, Konori murmured "Regardless, if he is sentenced to death, we'll have to do something about it, whether he likes it or not."
<3
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

---------------
City Streets
---------------

While Lisia hurried to catch up with Felicie, Anri and Luke not far behind, she heard Brendan's smart remark about teasing. However, before she could retort, she noticed Dalia had bumped into the boy - causing him to fall to the ground. In the middle of telling him off, she noticed the princess, and of course made her way over.

"Oh, Ms. Dalia! I...didn't expect to see you here. What a...pleasant surprise." As Dalia commented on her toughness, noting the incident from yesterday, Lisia grew a little fluster. The obvious attempt Dalia made in order for Lisia to notice her hair's scent didn't help either. "Oh, it's nothing, really. I'm still a little shaken from the incident, but as you can see I'm fine."

Lisia watched as the eccentric woman was pulled away by her brother, during an attempt to offer herself as a personal bodyguard for the princess. "Oh I see. Take care then, Mr. Jonathan and Ms. Dalia." She barely had enough time to bid them farewell, given their sudden departure.

Brendan came up and made a quip about the princess's choice in company. "Hey, I didn't choose them, my father did. They don't seem to be bad people, at least from what I can tell." Lisia said as they began trekking again.

Anri called out to the other two lagging behind. "Hey, pick up the pace! You don't wanna keep Little Miss Bloodsucker waiting, do you?"

---------------------
Luminous Citadel
---------------------

Felicie had made it to the Citadel after a little bit, dragging Ivadi along with her. She sensed the other weren't far behind, but grew impatient nonetheless. "Honestly, it wouldn't kill them to at least act like were putting our honor on the line in a couple of hours..."

As she complained, she noticed Sir Tibrus chatting with a young worker. the young vampire figured she might as well head over and discuss the preparations for the tournament. "Hello Sir Tibrus, I would ask you how your preparations are going. I'd better heard nothing but a 'good' or 'excellent'!"

Felicie noticed that the young worker was covered in soot and had a musty scent about him. "Ew! You look disgusting, has the Citadel's sanitation standards declined in the past few days?! I know you're working, but can you at least put forth some effort to keep yourself clean?"

The worker nervously looked at the vampire, trying not to eye her up and down, as he muttered up the courage for an answer. "Me sincerest apologies, Ma'am. Won't happen again!"

Anri and Luke soon made their way into the building as well, heading over to where Felicie and Tibrus are standing. Anri greets her senior. "Good Evening, Sir Tibrus. I see my friend has already started bothering you. I hope she hasn't been too rude!" Anri said as she turned to Felicie. "

Luke cleared his throat before speaking. "At any rate, Lisia and Brandon shouldn't be too far behind. They'll be here soon." As Luke finished his statement, one could see the princess making her way into the courtyard - and Brandon if he decided to keep up.

--------------
Courtroom
--------------

After the Wanderer answered the question, Count Sivana decided to respond. Sir Thomas, of course, retorted right back with a statement with his own. A few moments after, Rielle returned with the girl in tow.

After Rielle took her seat and left Count Sivana's daughter at the center of the floor, the Queen began to speak. She had a gentle smile on her face, much like the one she would give her children, so as to put the child at ease. "Hello, Fallia. I'm sure Ms. Rielle has already told you why you've been brought here. On behalf of the court, please accept my sincerest apology for being brought into this so abruptly." The queen tried her best to put the child's mind at ease.

"That being said, I'm afraid we need your testimony for this case. Young Peter Culiar here stands accused oi sexual assault against you. Your testimony is required here as to ascertain the truth of these charges. If your claim is true then know that the young boy will be one step closer to paying for his crimes."

The queen then dawned a very stern expression. "However, if it turns out your claim is false, know that you will be held responsible for putting an innocent child through the harshness of the justice system and having his name dragged through the ground."

"Whenever you are ready, My Dear, you may speak to the court." Said the queen as she finished her monologue."
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

-------------------
Luminous Citadel
-------------------

Reaching the citadel, Felicie grew impatient waiting for their friends. Ivadi spoke "Milady please exercise some patience, we have time." he said as she approached Sir Tibrus and a young worker. hearing how she talked to the young worker Iva spoke up "Milady stop! that young man has probably been working ALL DAY to help ensure the citadel is ready for the tournament, its hard thankless work which he most likely JUST got out of cut him some slack!" he said knowing what its like to work hard back at home as he turned to the worker and bowed "I apologize for my mistress' behavior, she's had a bad day so far." he said as Anri and Luke arrived

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

--- Citadel ---

"There's no need for you to apologize lad. If anything it would be the young heir that must apologize." Tibrus turned a stern gaze to Felicie with arms crossed, one that always made his children quail at when they did something inline with the young Vampire.

"Merlin's boy is correct, the job is hard and thankless but one that has high importance. His job entails that he will get dirty no matter happens, so what point is there to clean oneself in the middle of work if the areas you clean will just get dirty soon after? Aside from his hands when he needs to eat and uses the washroom, any major cleaning is made once the work is done." The young Vampires pride was one of the root causes for Tibrus to butt heads with her, though not as much compared to the other vampire heirs much less their parents. He turned back to the worker in question. The Architect didn't smile but his eyes lost some of their sterness. He made a small jerk of his head.

"Go on your break lad, 15 minutes. You've earned it." He turned back just as the Jinko and the second male of their little group arrived. He gave each a nod in turn.

"Lass, lad."
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

-------------------
Unknown Forest
-------------------
Oersted wrote:All the Alraune were silent for a moment before they all burst into laughter. "Well that was quite the explosion." One of them said.

"All right girls, the man is obviously distressed and needs our help. Let's leave this one alone for now okay?" An Alraune with a mature voice said. Despite the similarities of the Alraunes around, this one looked older than the rest.

"Awww! Miss Mona, this is the eleventh time this week!"

"Now now, girls. This is a special occasion." Mona told the other Alraunes. "I promise the next one will be all ours regardless of his reason. Deal?"

"Okay~!"

Some of the Alraune retreated back to their bulbs or back into the cover of the forest while three stuck around to see what was going to happen. "It's not unusual for people to search for other people here. But a noisy, masked man searching for people? That is surely new." Mona giggled. "Tell me, who exactly are you searching for here? And who is this friend whose life is in danger?"
The masked vigilante stared at the alraune silently. "Really? After all that, you want to know who what's my reasoning? Fine, I'll tell you just so you can leave me alone! I bet this is how everyone feels when I'm harassing them!", he rambled before returning the topic at hand. "I'm looking for a girl by the name of Quirille. I want her to help a friend of a friend of mine so that I no longer owe him a favor.", WordPlay explained. "The one I'm helping is some guy that was falsely charged of rape. I don't know him but my friend thinks he's completely innocent. I don't care much about the details, but I'm helping him either way. Signed a contract already.", he finished. "Now, can you please leave me alone? Time is of the essence! The essence of justice! Also, I'll bribe you with anything if you still won't let me go. Like, I don't know, fertilizer? No, you're a beautiful shade of green already. Oh, I know, how about I arrange a date between you and the guy that's on trial? Though, that's assuming his charges would be dropped. Come on,those girls were hoping to have a little action and I'm sure I can persuade the guy to join them! He's going to be grateful!", he continued to rambled before deciding to bargain again as he now developed the assumption that the alraune will not let him go.

--------------------
Luminous Citadel
--------------------

Brandon has finally reached the Luminous Citadel with Lisia. After the little encounter in the streets, he had opted to not talk about it as he noticed that the princess was flustered by that woman. It couldn't be that the pure and noble princess have been swayed by the woman could she? He's going to tease the hell out of her when he gets the chance.

As they made their way to the citadel, he noticed that the main group had encountered Tibrus and were conversing with him. He jogged over to the group just so he could speak with Tibrus again. Not to ask for advice mind you, but to fawn over him like an overbearing fan. Though he would refuse to acknowledge the fact that he behaves like that. "Tibrus, sir! It's good to see you again!", he greeted the architecture before bowing his head in respect.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

-----------
Citadel
-----------

With a firm salute and bow to the rest of the group, the worker went on his way.

After being scolded by Ivadi and Tibrus, the embarrassed vampire turned to the side in a huff. "W-Whatever! It's not like I was ordering him! It was...just a suggestion..." Said a cherry-faced Felicie. Right then , Tibrus greeted Anri and Luke, still rather piqued at the heiress's antics.

Lisia and Brandon finally made their way to the building as well, where Brandon gave the architect a greeting like one of a fawning fan. Lisia chuckled a bit and decided to tease the boy about it later. She then turns Sir Tibrus.

"Hail there, Sir Tibrus! I hope we're not interrupting anything. We simply came to check on the status of the tournament preparations, arena included. I trust everything will be ready on schedule?"
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

--- Citadel ---

"Lad, Princess, I fair well. Nothing was interrupted so you need not worry. Like I told His Majesty and Her Grace, progress has been well. We're in the final testing stages for the barrier, hence why the worker was covered in soot." Light thumps and other such noises could be heard in the background.

"The Mage guilds have their best testing it's integrity, using every spell they can use to cover every angle. Aside from a fully powered spell from your parents and perhaps some of the outside competitors, there's little worry about the barrier failing during the tournament. Overall, we were actually ahead of schedule by a few hours so I had the mages throw in a few more hours of testing for good measure." He looked over each student, coming back to the princess.

"I trust you've all signed up already?"
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

-------------------
Luminous Citadel
-------------------

hearing Tibrus' progress on the barrier and how he's basically done and just testing the barrier now, which explains the the light background noises the group hears. He nods as he's glad theres not much the spectators have to worry about.

When Sir Tibrus asked if they signed up, Ivadi nods and bows "Yes I have, while I initially had no interest in actually participating in the tournament in the first place, I eventually decided to join after a friend convinced me." he said "besides its a good chance to test out certain experiments of mine." he said

besides the magic armor he also had something else he'd like to test out, something he hopes would work well with that magic armor he made

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

Oersted wrote:"Now that I've decided to tag along for a while maybe it would be a good idea to follow her, she seemed to be an even bigger magnet for trouble than I."
Jiyi chuckled. "Agreed. Though I've yet to see of your trouble-attracting properties."

"Anyway, let's go see what made Ruka all worked up." Jiyi then took the Dark Elf to where the black-red Nekomata had dashed off to. "Two problems becoming one, I cannot ask for more convenience." She remarked before the monster duo ran into a crowd of very concerned civilians.

The crowd was looking on a trio of frozen Order members with slips of paper on their heads. A person in a red coat of fair skin, looking in his early forties with a short goatee, delved deeper in his curiosity than the other spectators. The man hesitantly touched the paper on the Orderite's head and removed it and with that, movement is restored to the Order member. "You all right, Mister Knight?"

"Wait. Could it be?" Jiyi recognized those slips of papers. It was the same ofudas that Konori used. She began to realize that Haruka had possibly flew off because she had spotted their missing Youko friend. The Hinezumi suddenly asked one of the spectators. "Hey, have you seen a Youko, a fox-like monster, scurry off from here?"

The answer was 'no' and after another couple of people with 'no' for an answer, Jiyi somehow landed on the guy in the red coat who finally gave a different answer. "Well I heard of fox lady scurrying off earlier but I did spot cat girl on roofs. She seemed to head over there." He then pointed to a direction.

"I see. Thank you." Jiyi politely bowed. "Come on, Emilia." With that, the monster duo went on to search for possibly another monster duo.

--MEANWHILE--
Birdy wrote:"If I have misjudged you, please accept my apologies. Though I hope you are aware that with a name like 'Assassin', you can't expect all to immediately trust you. If you mean no harm - and have no intention of destroying anything with the gunpowder you carry - you have nothing to fear from me. But, if you do... I know some lonely Ogres and Ushi-Oni in need of husbands."
Assassin thought that this particular Youko was the scariest monster he had ever encountered that was not a Succubus or rocking an Amazonian body. Fortunately, he had no grievance against her at all for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, he might be doing things that the Youko may not appreciate. But that was a worry for another day.
Birdy wrote:"What do you know of the charges and evidence against Culiar-san? All I have been able to learn is that he is accused of raping a nobleman's daughter, and that if convicted he may be executed. But what evidence do they have? According to the law..."
"Wow Konori, you're the last person I expected to be carrying a rulebook." Haruka said after the Youko pulled a small book from her sleeve.
Birdy wrote:"So... what evidence is there? Did they find his mana inside her? On the sheets? Anywhere? Perhaps they didn't think to look for it. They need more than the accusation to convict. Culiar-san seems confident that he will be exonerated, and I am inclined to believe in his innocence. He looks positively harmless! Though he'd make a delicious late night snack..."
"Haha yeah. He looks cute." Haruka grinned but dropped when she noticed Assassin was staring at her. "Ah! Ehehe, you know. If he agrees to it and all."

"Anyway, I'm not privy to the details but I don't think they did." Haruka answered. "Me and Jiyi were actually there when he got caught and that was just last night. I don't know who scheduled the trial but it certainly didn't give anyone time to search for evidence." Haruka continued. "We could search for some right now and hope the trial doesn't come to a verdict until then. Let's get Jiyi to increase our success."

"Did someone call my name?" A familiar Hinezumi voice made its presence. "I was going to scold you for leaving us but I see you had a very good reason."

"Ah Ji-chan! How convenient!" The Hinezumi had arrived to the scene along with the Dark Elf. "And Emilia too."

"It's good to see you, Konori." Jiyi greeted the Youko with a fake smile. "But I wish I didn't have to say that if you know what I mean." The Hinezumi looked at Assassin. "And... you? What exactly is going on here?"

After Haruka had explained what happened and suggested , Jiyi cupped her chin. "Hmmm, we could do that but there might not be enough time. What do you think, Konori?"

"Oh by the way, this is Emilia." Jiyi introduced the Dark Elf who was apparently now part of the current mess. "She lost her memory and agreed to hanging out with us 'til they come back."

--ELSEWHERE--
Phantom77 wrote:"That being said, I'm afraid we need your testimony for this case. Young Peter Culiar here stands accused oi sexual assault against you. Your testimony is required here as to ascertain the truth of these charges. If your claim is true then know that the young boy will be one step closer to paying for his crimes. However, if it turns out your claim is false, know that you will be held responsible for putting an innocent child through the harshness of the justice system and having his name dragged through the ground. Whenever you are ready, My Dear, you may speak to the court."
Rielle almost snickered at the Queen's warning towards Fallia but managed to hide it.

"I understand, Your Majesty." Fallia took a moment before beginning. "Last night he... was just standing out in public, looking troubled. I, in good heart, asked what was troubling him. He-he told me he needed help finding the inn where he was supposed to be staying at. I helped him without question. I guess I should have..."

The sheer inversion of the truth made the usually quiet Peter blurt out. "Wait! That's the opposite of what happened!"

"Hush, boy!" Thomas told the accused.

And the tale continued, at least in Fallia's version. After she had spoke, everyone turned to either the Queen or to the Wanderer. While everybody was on their heels waiting on the verdict, Rielle was the most relaxed with a light smile on her face.

--CONCURRENTLY--
EndZoner wrote:"Really? After all that, you want to know who what's my reasoning? Fine, I'll tell you just so you can leave me alone! I bet this is how everyone feels when I'm harassing them! I'm looking for a girl by the name of Quirille. I want her to help a friend of a friend of mine so that I no longer owe him a favor. The one I'm helping is some guy that was falsely charged of rape. I don't know him but my friend thinks he's completely innocent. I don't care much about the details, but I'm helping him either way. Signed a contract already. Now, can you please leave me alone? Time is of the essence! The essence of justice! Also, I'll bribe you with anything if you still won't let me go. Like, I don't know, fertilizer? No, you're a beautiful shade of green already. Oh, I know, how about I arrange a date between you and the guy that's on trial? Though, that's assuming his charges would be dropped. Come on,those girls were hoping to have a little action and I'm sure I can persuade the guy to join them! He's going to be grateful!"
"...I think it'd do you well to calm down." Mona said with a nervous chuckle. "So... there's a boy on trial whom you owe a favor through a contract?"

Fortunately, one of the three Alraunes picked up the better than Mona. "Even if what you're saying was true. Even if this boy is in danger. Have you ever given thought that this 'Quirille' may not want to go to Zauberheim? Have you ever thought on why she left Zauberheim?" The Alraune was one of those who was almost covered by the petals. She was also adorned with smaller, blood red flowers. "Besides, how exactly are you going to transport an Alraune without killing her?" This Alraune was a lot more serious than her sisters.

"Rille..."

"Please Miss Mona, let me handle this."
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

"Hm, well, let's hope you don't get to see me get into trouble then." Emilia said before following after Jiyi, this led them to a crowd of concerned people and from what Emilia could see the cause of the commotion was three knights seemingly frozen in place. Following that Emilia let Jiyi question a few of the people in the crowd, from what she could gather the one responsible for what happened to the knights might have been a friend of Jiyi's but either way no one in the crowd seemed to know where she went, though one of them apparently saw Haruka. With that information they then resumed their search for the nekomata.

A bit later they finally catched up to Haruka, who was having a conversation with a youko and a cloaked man, after an explanation on the nekomata's part Emilia had a better idea of what was going though she still didn't quite understand much, although once Jiyi introduced her she gave a small nod and spoke "Hello, nice to meet you, I suppose."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

--- Courtroom ---

The Wanderer had turned to look at Rielle as she brought the girl Fallia into the courtroom. He followed them a moment before turning back towards the Queen. He rested a hand on Peter's shoulder as a means of silent comfort as Fallia told her version of the story. Seeing the White Witch look so well at ease as everything progressed was cautioning, but the figure placed it at the back of his mind for the moment as he walked a few steps towards the enter of the room.

"Miss Fallia, I thank you for giving your word of testimony this day." He spoke with a slight nod. He then turned to Peter, clasping his hand together.

"Now then Mister Culiar could you please explain how yesterday's event unfolded and how Miss Fallia's testimony might be wrong? Also, could you bear mention of how you were put to sleep exactly?" After Peter gives his testimony the Wanderer would turn to Cody.

"Sir Cody, as you were present at the establishment at the time I'll start with 2 questions. First, who was leading the other into the inn? Second, how were both children dressed at the time?"
Birdy
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Birdy »

------------------------------------
Street Before the Courthouse
------------------------------------

The three Orderites had been frozen for almost the entire three minutes before the curious stranger removed the ofuda from the first, instantly freeing him from the spell. He jerked forward and lowered his blade, his pale eyes looking into those of the red-coated man with an expression of shock. Then they seemed to glitter with a frosty rage, a low growl rumbling in his throat, and, without bothering to thank his liberator, he sheathed his sword and turned to his two frozen comrades, tearing the ofudas off them with the same vicious energy as a slap. "She's gone. Sheath your steel. We'll never find her in this crowd."

His voice lowered into a angry snarl, his cheeks burning as he remembered what the mamono had done, how she had humiliated them. "Monster bitch... I'll slit her throat for this." Gesturing to his companions, he lead them the way they were initially going, trying to ignore the stares of those who had witnessed their defeat. "When we get to headquarters, I want information about every Werewolf living in this city."

"Hey, have you seen a Youko, a fox-like monster, scurry off from here?"

The Orderite stopped, holding up a hand to halt the others. They were far enough away from the scene of the incident to have blended in with the crowd, but the pale-eyed man's hearing was sharp, and he made good use of it.

"Well I heard of fox lady scurrying off earlier but I did spot cat girl on roofs. She seemed to head over there."

A slow smile of pleasure crossed the Orderite's face, but he said nothing as he motioned for he and his men to continue. He should have guessed it. The ears, the tail, the foreign accent and dress. Not a wolf, a fox. A Youko. Her coloring was rather odd for a fox monster, but was not Koyoi of Lescatie a black fox? He would have been searching in vain for a Werewolf had not this revelation landed in his lap.

"Don't you want to go after her, Sir?" the man on this right asked. "That monster might lead us to her."

"We will go after her," the pale-eyed man replied, his tone easy and composed. "but we've no need to follow other monsters to find her."

"After all," he thought to himself as he glanced down at the ofuda in his gloved hand, "how many Youkos could there be in Zauberheim?"

---------------------------------------------------
Near the Market, At the Mouth of an Alley
---------------------------------------------------

Konori had blushed when Haruka remarked on the oddity of her carrying a rulebook, a little embarrassed and hoping her friend did not think she had lost her wild side. She still regularly bent and broke the law, but it was very helpful to know what the law was, particularly as it changed from city to city, and mamono were often treated as guilty before proven innocent. She had been released more than once during her travels over a technicality, and law officials quickly learned that she could not be fooled or scared so easily.

As Haruka explained what she knew of Peter Culiar's case, which was almost as little as she herself knew, the Youko tried to think of what would be best to do. Konori's thinking and behavior was almost entirely chaotic and based on impulse, but when something serious was at stake - such as a young man's life - she could force herself into a semblance of discipline and logic. However, she was still a mamono, and still a slave to mischief and the creature comforts. Two and a half apples had done nothing to take the edge off her hunger, and Mama-san would be furious when she learned that she had not handed out all of her flyers, but saving a life was more important. If the law had not bothered to look for evidence, perhaps it was still there to be found...

Konori was about to agree that they should enlist Jiyi to help them, when the Hinezumi's familiar voice and person appeared, aflame, yet cool, as always. Konori felt as much love and warmth for the fire mouse as she did for Haruka, but she found Jiyi far more difficult to understand. She wanted to embrace Jiyi as she had Haruka, but the Hinezumi's cold greeting gave the Youko the feeling that perhaps a hug would not be welcome. Maybe it was just as well, for while Jiyi did not realize it, contact with her flames aroused and heightened Konori's lustful, mischievous instincts, which the fire mouse would then attempt to suppress. Now that they were no longer in Zipangu, and she was trying to think logically, the Youko decided that the less contact she had with Jiyi's flames, the better.

Still, she greeted her old friend warmly, smiling and waving with genuine pleasure at seeing her again. "Ji-chan! It's so good to see you! I wish I had known you two were here sooner! I guess you've already been having adventures without me, ne?" She waited as Haruka caught Jiyi up on what they had been discussing, finally noticing the Dark Elf who had joined them. Konori did not recognize her, but she treated all mamono as friends and sisters, waving to her with a friendly smile. "Hi there! I'm Konori. It's nice to meet you!"

After Jiyi introduced the Dark Elf and explained her circumstances, Konori looked at Emilia with red eyes full of both sympathy and surprise. She had never heard of a mamono losing her memory before. Mamono's bodies and minds were incredibly durable, and they were immune to all non-magical diseases, so she could only imagine what could have caused poor Emilia's amnesia. She thought of dropping everything in order to help her rediscover her identity, such as bringing her back to the Red Light/Mamono District and seeing if any of the Dark Elf-run dominatrix clubs recognized her, but the trial could be over in moments, and they had to work quickly.

"It's nice to meet you, Emilia." the Youko smiled as she shook her hand warmly. "We'll do all we can to help you remember who you are, but right now we're running very low on time." Turning to the others, she said "If the police didn't take evidence from the inn, perhaps it's still there. We need to go there quickly and find out if the sheets have been taken or changed. If we find nothing there, I have one other idea, but it would depend on Culiar-san not having bathed in prison. Anyway, first thing's first. Haru-chan, Ji-chan, lead us to the inn. The sooner the better."
<3
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

-------------------
Unknown Forest
-------------------
KillMoves wrote:"...I think it'd do you well to calm down." Mona said with a nervous chuckle. "So... there's a boy on trial whom you owe a favor through a contract?"

Fortunately, one of the three Alraunes picked up the better than Mona. "Even if what you're saying was true. Even if this boy is in danger. Have you ever given thought that this 'Quirille' may not want to go to Zauberheim? Have you ever thought on why she left Zauberheim?" The Alraune was one of those who was almost covered by the petals. She was also adorned with smaller, blood red flowers. "Besides, how exactly are you going to transport an Alraune without killing her?" This Alraune was a lot more serious than her sisters.

"Rille..."

"Please Miss Mona, let me handle this."
"Your hostility is unwarranted!", WordPlay said to the alraune that had recently joined the conversation in an attempt to lighten the mood due to the sudden seriousness. "Granted, you have a point. I never consider about anything really. Why, you might ask? Because I'm an idiot that enjoys getting into trouble.", he rambled. "But back to the topic at hand, I don't know who you are, but if you're being this hostile to me just because I just want to find and possibly talk to a girl of undefinable beauty then I am in need of an explanation.", he stated. "If she's an alraune, then I can figure something out about transporting her but if she's not interested in coming with me back to Zauberheim then that's her decision which I will respect. However, I'm still gonna persuade her to hear me out.", he explained. "Now, why so serious... Rille? I'm assuming your name is Rille from your leader of this interesting group who you call Mona. What got you so bothered about Quirille?", he asked the alraune with the blood red flowers.
Bozo
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: The Wandering Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Only One. I'm Not Telling You.

Post by Bozo »

Booker sat upon the rickety old stool of the bar, his hood lowered and mask securely wrapped around his face. He had come here looking for information, yet could find nothing outside of a few drunkards gargling down the distilled piss they called alcohol.

Of course, they had a nice vineyard wine, but that's all there was.

From the outside it had looked cheerful, peaceful and rustic. Plastered walls and wooden pillars made up most of the building's outer structure.
It had impossible to see through the windows, but he felt the warmth coming from within the establishment.

He had entered the tavern through a decorated, metal door, been welcomed by the smile of a waitress and overall happiness as patrons raised their tankards at his arrival
The bartender was a little preoccupied, but still managed to welcome him with a wink.

It was as alluring inside as it is was on the outside. Wooden beams support the upper floor and the fans attached to them, while the walls are packed with all sorts of travel memorabilia, most likely all collected by the owner.

Eli swirled the wine around his his glass, his gaze shifting around the inn.

The place was packed. Tourists seemed to be the primary clientele here, which was he had assumed. Several long tables were occupied by locals, travellers, foreigners and anybody else who wished to join. The other, smaller tables were also occupied by people who are probably starting to reach the point of inebriation, though nobody seemed to mind. Even most of the stools at the bar were occupied, nobody seemed to mind more company.

"And to think," He whispered to himself, his gloved fingers dancing idly on the hilt of the dagger that swaddled loosely on his side. "They say there aren't any signs of that murderer, nor monsters."

He grunted.

"Strange."

A Knight's Errant travels the long road. He does not know where it will take him. Yet, while evil still reigns, there is no rest for him beneath the skies, nor peace at any board or bed.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

EndZoner wrote:"Now, why so serious... Rille? I'm assuming your name is Rille from your leader of this interesting group who you call Mona. What got you so bothered about Quirille?"
"Really?" Rille raised an irritated eyebrow. "I don't know if you're playing dumb or what but I already made it clear."

"Anyway, I know Quirille and I don't take her for the outside girl type." Rille continued. "Tell you what, I'll hear you out and I'll see if I can... convince Quirille to come with you." The Alraune offered. "And yes, she's an Alraune." Rille then waited for an answer but then she quickly added something more. "And how did you come to know Quirille? Is she a person being searched for in Zauberheim?"

Meanwhile, Mona and two other Alraunes were silent, watching the scene unfold.

--MEANWHILE--
Birdy wrote:"If the police didn't take evidence from the inn, perhaps it's still there. We need to go there quickly and find out if the sheets have been taken or changed. If we find nothing there, I have one other idea, but it would depend on Culiar-san not having bathed in prison. Anyway, first thing's first. Haru-chan, Ji-chan, lead us to the inn. The sooner the better."
"Yosh! To the Bannered Mare!" Haruka declared before jetting off towards the inn.

"Enthusiastic as ever in serving justice." Jiyi remarked. "Everyone, let us be off." The Hinezumi then followed the Nekomata.

Assassin took a glance at the newly-introduced Dark Elf Emilia and gave her a nod. A universal gesture of 'nice to meet you'. Convenient for a person like him. The hooded fellow waited for Emilia and Konori to move before moving himself.

-ONE SPEEDY DASH LATER-

"Well, here we are. The Bannered Mare." Haruka said at the others. "Say, what are we looking for anyway?"

"Indeed. What are we looking for Konori?" Jiyi asked again. "We may be wasting time if we are looking for something useless or does not exist."

Assassin remained silent behind the conversing monster girls. He then realized that he was part of a team of monster girls and not one word about him nor romance was abound. He felt like he should be recorded in a book or something.

--ELSEWHERE--
Creator_Drake wrote:"Now then Mister Culiar could you please explain how yesterday's event unfolded and how Miss Fallia's testimony might be wrong? Also, could you bear mention of how you were put to sleep exactly?"
"S-She was the one who came to me for help." Peter exclaimed. "She then lead me to her room in that Mare inn where she showed me a potion that put me to sleep. Next thing I knew, I was being seized by guards and hauled away into prison." He explained. "It was only when I rode the carriage that I learned what my charges were."

"I tell you, none of it was true!"
Creator_Drake wrote:"Sir Cody, as you were present at the establishment at the time I'll start with 2 questions. First, who was leading the other into the inn? Second, how were both children dressed at the time?"
"W-well... I saw Miss Fallia ahead of Peter but it was really hard to tell who was leading who." Cody answered the first question. "They were both wearing casual clothes. Maybe if Peter had recognized a noble, he wouldn't have gone through with the attempt." He continued. "But then, he would have assaulted another girl with possibly different results."