Zauberheim - Kingdom of Magic RP

It's that time of year again for the Grad Academy tournament. What will this year have in store...

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Re: Zauberheim - Kingdom of Magic RP

Post by Creator_Drake »

--- Citadel ---

The man knew that his question would be met with awkwardness, though he did half expect at least one of the students to laugh at his expense. The young Vampire's sharp tongue was a close second though. Didn't stop one of his eyes developing a tick unseen.

He let it go however, turning to look where the princess pointed. Indeed, just down the hall in plain site was the desk he was looking for. His head suddenly pitched forward, as if some weight had landed upon it. He had the errant thought that if the Jinko had the mind for such things she would imagine a large pan had fallen on his head.

Shaking his head of odd thoughts, he turned back to the princess and gave her a respectful nod.

"I thank you Princess, and wish you and your fellow classmates luck in the tournament. Let us hope though that your friend's skills are sharper than her tongue, lest she not make it far in the proceedings." With his rebuke made he made another nod before walking towards the desk. The students would have heard the amused tone with his rebuke, getting a rise from the Vampire was all in good fun after all. It wasn't because he had to get the last word in. No sir.

Reaching the desk and grabbing the receptionists attention, the Wanderer gave a nod while pulling out the Moon coin.

"Please excuse my tardiness. I was told this is where the participants are to sign up for the tournament?"
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

----------
Citadel
----------

The lizardman receptionist looked up at the hooded warrior as he made his presence known. Gazing at his moon coin, she began to prepare the necessary paperwork. "Ah yes, you are the final warrior participating in the tournament, correct? Just let me pull out your information." Said the lizardman as she reached inside of her desk. "Better late than never, I suppose."

She began speaking as she read the documents. "Here we are. You are-" She paused a moment while reading the information, dawning a perplexed expression. "Okaaay...apparently your name is the 'Cloaked Wanderer'. That's what it literally says, cute. More of a title, really, and a silly one at that. But I digress, I've heard worse. Just fill out this sheet and stamp the top with your coin, after imbuing it with your mana of course. After that, you'll be all set."

She handed him the paperwork and patiently waited for him to finish.

After hearing the Wanderer's little jab at her skill level, Felicie's brow twitched as her irritation grew. "Oh my, the hooded freak thinks he's funny, doesn't he? He's mine, no one else touch him. I'll burn his bones down to the cinders"

"How do you call dibs on someone in a tournament where our placement is, for the most part, randomized?" Said Anri, wanting to further antagonize the vampire.

"Thank you very much, Anri! After all, people looove to have their points counteracted!" Said the vampire sarcastically.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

A smile went unseen from the Wanderer, he could feel the agitation roll of the young Vampire as he talked with the receptionist, where he gave a mental shrug at her comment on his tardiness. At the note about his title, his shoulders shook with a chuckle.

"I've also heard worse titles in the past, and believe you me, you don't won't to know." He then filled out the sheet with a few quick strokes of the quill. Things got interesting however when he channelled some energy into the moon coin. There was a slight flash from the figures hand, but nothing else. The coin was fine, though the metal now sported a slight green glow

"Dammit, not again." With a sigh he held the coin between his finger and thumb then focused on the coin. Nothing happened at first, but the receptionist would see the glow wane till there was nothing at all. She would still be able to sense the energy there however. Placing the coin on the paper caused a myriad of seals and runes to appear on the paper, though they too didn't last long. Removing the coin showed that the paper had browned slightly, his mana had incidentally burned the paper.

"Fine control, the bane of all who have oversized reserves." He chuckled as he pocketed the coin, organizing the papers before handing them to the receptionist, who he noticed now had a slight blush. He cocked his head to the side.

"Pardon for being so bold, but if you wish I could tell you what hotel I'll be staying in tonight, unless you already have a husband in which case I apologize for my forwardness."
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Zoner of The End

Post by EndZoner »

---------------------
Bannered Centaur
---------------------

"Hmm, I believe you're right, Quirille. When I was digging up dirt on Sivanna, I learned that he wanted his daughter to attend the same academy that Peter was attending after he learns that she was capable of using magic. Judging from his reaction when she demonstrates her ability, he was overjoyed. In other words, the Count and his daughter had received help from someone else! Only a professional magician is capable of hiding their presence from my spell!", Word Play concluded as he now have to learn about the mysterious figure that had helped Fallia. He then began writing up another spell to learn about that person.

Give me the name of the person that assisted Fallia Sivanna in framing Peter Culiar prior to his arrest.

With that spell, the specification should be enough for him to learn the name of the person that is trying to frame Peter. However, he doesn't know if it'll be enough which he may need to up the ante if it fails.

---------------
City Streets
---------------
Phantom77 wrote:"That is correct, sir. I am indeed Cecile, a humble and most loyal servant of one of the kingdom's high council members. Since the cafe is a more appropriate place of discussion, I'll go into further detail and answer any questions you may have there." She humbly bows before the man. "If by that point you still don't trust me, you may do with me as you wish. You may even swiftly dispatch of me and not have a thing happen to you. I swear on my word."
Relaxing, Jonathan apologize to Cecile for his paranoid behavior. "Ah, if that's the case, please excuse my behavior. I was just being cautious.", he explained before both of them arrived at the cafe. Sitting at an empty table, Jonathan began to inquire Cecile on what topic she wish to discuss with him. "So what is it that you wish to discuss?"
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

EndZoner wrote:Give me the name of the person that assisted Fallia Sivanna in framing Peter Culiar prior to his arrest.

C U L I A R
--MEANWHILE--

"Hey, von Stahlstrum!" Called out by a young man sporting spiky silver hair and blue eyes. He seemed to be in the same year as the rest of the group. Along with him is an almost identical person giving the impression that the duo were twins. Two very angry twins. "You're scum, you know that? Selling out to the nobles and betraying your classmate. Bet you're real proud of yourself." He said as the two approached the group.

"Don't bother hiding it Luke." The other one started. "Everybody knows that you and your family forged evidence against Peter Culiar. Piece of s***." He then turned to Luke's companions. "If you hadn't caught up to speed, a person presented evidence against Peter in court that Mister Arteus identified as being the von Stahlstrum's." He continued. "He's a sellout. No different from those other nobles."

All the while as Annabelle watched. She was going to say hi to the group of students but she felt she would rather watch this scene play out.
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

---------------------
Bannered Centaur
---------------------

"Wait, what?", Word Play asked in astonishment. "I don't-what?", he continued to be baffled. "Why would someone frame their own family member?", he asked to no one in particular. This revelation is so absurd that he needs to tell the Wanderer about it.
Hey Wanderer, I'm at the Bannered Centaur. I'm investigating the room that Peter was arrested in. Peter wasn't the only person that she met in the room. She met someone else that made the room look like someone was using it for a while. The guy got some serious mojo going on. I couldn't identify him but I know his last name. But you'll be surprised. It's a guy with Culiar as a last name! Don't know what's going on but this is getting way more complicated than it should be.
He turn to Quirille, "Well that's a surprise. Culiar is the same last name the guy on trial has. I think we're going to be more creative on finding out what's going on. Maybe that guy who cleaned this place up may know something. It was Erik, right? Let's go find him.", he said as he walked out of the room and meet up with the owner once more.

"Okay, I believe it is now time that we discuss with that Erik person. You know, the guy that cleaned up the room? Where can we find him?", he asked the owner of the tavern.

--------------------
Luminous Citadel
--------------------

Brandon listen to what was being said about Luke. "What?", he asked with a confused tone. He was not aware that Luke's family was involved in the case. He thought it was just Peter and the Sivanna family. Why would they get involved in the case? He wonders what's going through the head of the noble families. However, he's going to stop this powder keg from piling on as he's certain someone's getting punch in the face.

"I have no idea what's going on, but I'm pretty sure that assumptions isn't reliable in finding the truth.", he commented to the twins. "Also, who the hell are you two?", he asked the twins as they just suddenly pop out of nowhere and started a conversation with the group. Especially about something that's becoming more of a scandal now.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

------------
Citadel
------------

"...H-Huh?!"

That was the only word that the eldest son of the von Stahlstrum family could muster out after hearing the accusation made by the two twins. A mixture of bewilderment and confusion flooded the young boy's mind.

As soon as Brandon made his statement, Anri stepped up to defend Peter next. "You know, you two pinheads actually look familiar." She said, as her tone became more and more hostile. "That's a bold statement to make, considering that apparently all you have to go off of is word of mouth. While I can't speak for his parents, I know for a fact that Luke had nothing to do with Peter's trial. Hell, he was just as in the dark as the rest of us!!"

"That's enough! Please calm down, all of you." Lisia said, as she tried to mend the hostilities. "I'm sure there is an explanation for all this. I'm sure Luke can attest that his family has nothing against Peter Culiar. I understand that what you may have heard angers you, but know that Luke cares for Peter as much as we all do. Let's leave speculation and finger-pointing to the court officials."

Felicie sighed as she then made a small giggle. "Ah, boys always ready to jump at a moment's notice. It's actually kind of cute~" She looked at the twins with eyes full of confidence and amusement. "I do hope you idiots are at least smart enough to know that further name-calling will result in an unpleasant outcome for you~"

The receptionist indeed felt the Wanderer's aura, she had to admit - it was rather impressive. It had a different feel to it that the one's from Sir Henry and the Ghost of Arcana. At the Wanderer's invitation, she blushed slightly more and giggled. "Sorry, I don't usually date guys it just met. Perhaps after a spar or two and when I have some free time we could do dinner."

She then took the registration from the warrior and handed to another associate. "There, you're all set. I look forward to seeing your matches in the contest, Mr. Cloaked Wanderer."

---------
Cafe
---------

As the pair sat at an available table, a waiter promptly provided menus and napkin-wrapped silverware for them. "Good evening, and welcome to our fine establishment. My name is Normand and I shall be serving you." The waiter tried his best not to stare too long at Cecile's noticeable bust.

"Could you give us a minute, kind sir? We still need a little time to decide." Cecile smiled as she politely shooed the waiter away.

"Of course Madam, whenever you are ready" With a humble bow the waiter made his way to another table in his section.

Cecile turned to Jonathan and cleared her throat before speaking. "Now then Mr. Jonathan, on to business. To put my identity and intentions into detail: My name is Cecile Levault. I am a retainer for the noble house of Murach, currently headed by Artesia von Murach. She is a member of the Zauberheim High Council and of the most beautiful demonesses in all the land."

"To be frank, my mistress has taken quite an interest in you, Mr. Jonathan, and she appreciates how you're trying to help put the Mamono sect in a more positive light" Cecile crosses her fingers together as she looks Jonathan directly in the eyes. "In fact, she wishes to meet with you personally and discuss future endeavors."

The lesser succubus had spoken for several minutes, and by that time the waiter was making his way back to their table.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

(Aaaaaand im back. after a long hiatus...which I kinda let it go too far. I've kind had an epiphany, where I wasn't satisfied with my writing, but alas, I am back...and ready for action. Also college work and projects.)

- Schoolyard -

The school was downright abandoned as it closed, all students leaving, quite the commotion, some were in hurries, others not so much. Not that it involved him in any way, shape or form. It was things as usual in Zauberheim.

"Mind...sparring?" Henry asked clearly intrigued by Ruecian's suggestion, he never heard of such a thing, he's heard of mages who utilized mind controlling spells, or could read other's, but he never heard of this type really. It sounded interesting, and since it was Ruecian, he'd figure he could trust him.

Scratching the back of his head as he pondered for a few moments, "Yeah, sure thing. if we won't be physically exhausted, lets do it." Henry said with a smile, as he was itching to fighting, and with a inconsequential fight he'd gladly jump at the opportunity. "So...Ho do we do it?" Henry asked, he was interested.

- Order Training quarters -

Alexander spun in surprise to the girls entrance, at first he was unsure who she was or what she wanted, but he remembered reports of a golden haired girl following Rielle around on occasion, and figured this was 'Annabelle'.

"Yeah, Im Alexander, and you must be Anabelle." Alexander spoke to her as he looked back at the destroyed training dummy. "Yeah..." He commented before turning back to her. "What brings you here?" He asked her. The order was beginning to prepare, and preparations were indeed being made, Maximus was handling the preparations for the tournament, and Alexander was free for the time being.

As to what he'd be doing in this free time, not even he knew, really.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

(Let's all believe Annabelle never left and is with Alexander okay?)
Scrapmaster wrote:"What brings you here?"
"Oh nothing, just checking on the troops and all." Annabelle replied.

She then reduced her voice to a whisper. "Hey, if you're getting tired of Sir Booker dropping in and out of our operations, you know who to talk to." The golden-haired girl then returned to her normal voice. "Speaking of which, do you mind explaining what our objective here is? I know me and Rielle are quite high in the brass but it seems both of us are kept in the dark about Sir Booker's and the Order's overall plans here in Zauberheim."

"Or are you in the dark as well?" Annabelle sighed. "How ironic for us being 'The Order'."

--MEANWHILE--
EndZoner wrote:"Also, who the hell are you two?"
"I'm Tavin Wellington and this is my twin brother Davin." The taller of the two introduced themselves. "We're practitioners of wind magic coupled with a little bit of martial arts."

"Speculation?" Davin repeated. "If anyone's speculating here, it's you guys." He continued. "It's a cold fact that Mister Arteus identified the ball as being the von Stahlstrum's. It's a good thing the Queen prevented its use or else poor Peter would be in the gutter by now." He boldly stated. "And how do you know this bastard's not in on it? Can you see into his mind? Do you know his secrets? Hmm?"
Phantom77 wrote:"I do hope you idiots are at least smart enough to know that further name-calling will result in an unpleasant outcome for you~"
"I know you, you're that Schwarzhosen girl." Tavin faced the Vampire. "You know, I looked up to you. You were a noble but at the same time, a monster girl. You and your kind would never take part in injustices like this. I guess I was wrong."

--ELSEWHERE--
EndZoner wrote:"Okay, I believe it is now time that we discuss with that Erik person. You know, the guy that cleaned up the room? Where can we find him?"
"Oh, he's at the kitchen. He's a part-time chef."

Going at the kitchen, a man wearing a white apron over his clothes poured a little bit of liquid into a small dish and sipped from it. "Mmmm~ Juuust riiiight." He seemed to be a late adolescent sporting scruffy black hair and bits of facial hair. He also seemed to be unkempt but being a part-time chef should indicate otherwise.

"Looks like I've got some company." Erik muttered before turning to greet his interrogators. "Welcome, welcome! To the kitchen of wondah! I'm Erik. What brings a strange masked man and a beautiful Alraune to this place nobody ever visits?"

"We're officials. You cleaned the room where the incident last night occurred yes?" Quirille immediately asked. "If so, please tell us the state of the room when you cleaned it."

"Right, right." Erik replied before continuing. "The place was messed up. As if there was a rumble and tumble. Heard it was some student on a virginity-attempt. Don't wanna get involved really, I just wanna do my job."
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

---------------------
Luminous Citadel
---------------------
KillMoves wrote:"I know you, you're that Schwarzhosen girl. You know, I looked up to you. You were a noble but at the same time, a monster girl. You and your kind would never take part in injustices like this. I guess I was wrong."
Brandon knew where this is going to go and he decided to stop this before someone gets the group in trouble. "Alright douchebag, if you got a problem with someone in this group, wait until the tournament is done. I really hate it if someone were to get in trouble when they were waiting in anticipation for the tournament to start.", he stated as he look at Felicie. He got a rough understanding of the vampire's personality and chances are that she might get violent. "Unless you're in the tournament, stop talking because we're busy waiting for the tournament to start.", he added as a bold hint to tell the twins to leave the group alone.

--------------------
Centaur's Banner
--------------------
KillMoves wrote:"The place was messed up. As if there was a rumble and tumble. Heard it was some student on a virginity-attempt. Don't wanna get involved really, I just wanna do my job."
Totally understandable, but as a citizen of Zauberheim, you have the civil responsibility of acting in the public's interest. So let's talk about yourself. How long have you been working here? Do you know who was staying in the room that you had cleaned up? If so, how long had they stayed there. Have you ever met anyone involved with the incident? Finally, what was the state of the room when you first entered it?", Word Play asked Erik a series of questions.

However, unbeknownst to anyone, the masked vigilante had already wrote up a spell after the duo left the room. The spell will induce a gustatory response from Erik should he lie. After speaking a lie, Erik will suddenly taste something spicy in his mouth and will visibly respond to the unnatural sensation on his taste buds.

Those who speak lies in my presence will find that they suddenly taste the sensation of eating a bowl of peppers.

--------
Cafe
--------
Phantom77 wrote:"To be frank, my mistress has taken quite an interest in you, Mr. Jonathan, and she appreciates how you're trying to help put the Mamono sect in a more positive light. In fact, she wishes to meet with you personally and discuss future endeavors."
Jonathan over his choices and would have gladly accepted the Councilman's invitation, but he has other important business to attend to on this day. "Usually, I would happily accept the request, but I am needed elsewhere. Today is not a good day for me to divulge from my current plans. Tomorrow would be a day that am very free. Perhaps we may reschedule this meeting to tomorrow? Today is very important to me and the faction. I truly hope that you and your mistress can understand.", Jonathan said as he declined the offer.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

---------------
Schoolyard
---------------

"Very well, let's begin. I'll explain as we go along." Said the merc as he folded his arms and clasped his hands together. What the merc was doing was channeling his mana around the general vicinity where the two warriors were standing, creating a field of sorts. It would serve as the 'playing field', so to speak.

"This field will make it so that as we both mediate, our minds will be bridged. When our minds join, we will be able to effectively interact with one another - allowing us to test our abilities." Rue explained as he sat in a meditative stance. After finishing the field, Henry would notice that the two were now surrounded by a light blue aura that resembled a dome; it glistened slightly as mana flowed around it.

"It only takes a small set of our energy to initiate the bridge. In addition, no real physical injury will come to us, so no worries. Whenever you are ready, we shall begin." With that, the sellsword began mediating. However, he kept one eye open as he made one last utterance.

"Oh, and by the way. Since the tournament should be starting soon, it'd be best if we make this short and sweet. Wouldn't want to anger the Royal Family, right?"

----------
Citadel
----------

Hearing that the twins used to look up to her boosted the vampire's already inflated ego. Before she could respond, Brandon interjected, saying that they should all wait for the competition to start before butting heads.

Felicie chuckled again at the situation. "Not to worry, I'm sure they're aware that a fight now would only result in them getting their faces planted the ground. Heck, I'd wager that Ivadi could take them both by himself." The vampire flicked her hair as she spoke.

Luke decided to speak up, knowing that he was the cause of the confrontation in the first place. "I...can understand your frustration, but I assure you that I personally had nothing to do with the trial. And I can't imagine that my family would involve themselves in the trial. Please, try to understand."

------
Cafe
------

At Jonathan's decline of her offer, Cecile smiled lightly. She actually expected that answer.

"Oh, I'm aware Mr. Jonathan. In fact, that's part of the reason I came here today. You see, in addition to being a member of High Council, Lady Artesia is also the leader of the Mamono faction here in the kingdom. She sent me here as a way to express her desire to assist you and for me to help you in any way that I can."

The waiter from earlier was about to make his way back to their table, but was stopped by another customer midway.

The continued to speak, arms folded in her lap. "My mistress knows of you, and knows that you are a very capable man. She believes that you and your sister would be a great benefit for our sect. That's why she wants to build a mutual relationship with the both of you. If you have business to attend, I offer my services. I'm actually quite the useful servant, it is my hope that I could make your affairs go much faster."

She began to lean forward in her seat. "Perhaps you would like to reconsider my offer? If you still refuse, then I won't twist your hand. But, I would prefer not to return to my mistress empty-handed..."
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

Phantom77 wrote:"I...can understand your frustration, but I assure you that I personally had nothing to do with the trial. And I can't imagine that my family would involve themselves in the trial. Please, try to understand."
"Repeat that as many times as you want, Luke. It won't change the truth." Tavin coldly replied to Luke's words of reason.
EndZoner wrote: "Unless you're in the tournament, stop talking because we're busy waiting for the tournament to start."
Phantom77 wrote:"Not to worry, I'm sure they're aware that a fight now would only result in them getting their faces planted the ground. Heck, I'd wager that Ivadi could take them both by himself."
"If the son of the great Merlin is a subservient to some upstart Vampire, then we won't have anything to worry about." Davin remarked with a boastful smirk on his face.

"But you're right though..." Tavin quickly followed. "We should really just wait for the tournament. That way, I can cave in your faces and won't get in trouble for it." The taller brother had made it clear that both he and Davin were participating in the tournament. "Just because you're born into status and wealth and power doesn't mean you can look down on us. I'll show you that we, 'the less fortunate', are just as capable as you are."

"Come on Davin." Tavin turned his back and began to walk away while Davin shot one more hostile look at the group before joining his brother.

Shortly after, a familiar but unwelcome face appear. "Well, well. I guess that means that there's going to be some personal beefs in this tournament. Don't you think?" Rielle, the White Witch, said as she approached the group from their backs. She was not sure if the students knew about her participation in the court against Culiar, a classmate of the group, but she figured she would just ride it out if they did know. "I've heard that hatred can boost one's abilities. If that's true, then this tournament's going to be a show for the folks!" She remarked quite cheerfully.

--MEANWHILE--
EndZoner wrote:Totally understandable, but as a citizen of Zauberheim, you have the civil responsibility of acting in the public's interest. So let's talk about yourself. How long have you been working here? Do you know who was staying in the room that you had cleaned up? If so, how long had they stayed there. Have you ever met anyone involved with the incident? Finally, what was the state of the room when you first entered it?
"Whoa, whoa. One at a time bro." Erik put his hands up at the barrage of statements.

Realizing that there was a trap or plan set up, Quirille made it easier for Erik to bite the hook. "Do you know the people that entered the room you cleaned last night?"

"Nope. No clue on who they were." Erik readily answered. "Well, maybe a bit since it's been the talk of the town since last night but again, I don't care much for it."

"What was the state of the room when you cleaned it?"

"Didn't I already answer that? I said it was a mess--" Erik suddenly put his hands on his mouth. "Ugh! Urgh! Whut thu herr ers happenin'?!" He muttered with his burning mouth. "Water! I nerd water!" Erik made a break for the nearest pitcher and dumped its watery content into his mouth.

"I take it that meant he didn't give the correct answer?"
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

--------
Citadel
-------

Hearing Felicies outburst he chuckled "Now now milady, it's not polite to say such things." he said before the brothers said their peace and leave. Rellie appears and speaks talking about hatred. "That may be true, but hatred can make one angry, and anger can make one reckless, alot more predictable and more prone to mistakes." he said

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

At the receptionists reply the Wanderer simply chuckled.

"Then perhaps we can schedule a spar for after the tournament? Perhaps meet here at the front doors the morning after, then we could go to a sparring grounds of your choice." Pocketing the coin the Wanderer gave the woman a nod before taking a few steps back. Gazing towards the students and the new comers the figure felt they would handle it fine, so in the meantime took out his journal to read Wordplay's latest entry.
Hey Wanderer, I'm at the Banned Centaur. I'm investigating the room that Peter was arrested in. Peter wasn't the only person that she met in the room. She met someone else that made the room look like someone was using it for a while. The guy got some serious mojo going on. I couldn't identify him but I know his last name. But you'll be surprised. It's a guy with Culiar as a last name! Don't know what's going on but this is getting way more complicated than it should be.
The news prompted unseen brows to raise in surprise, this definitely changed the perspective of things going forward. This meant that the Count was nothing more than a patsy, a red herring almost. But the one with serious mojo, the relative... Peter is far more important than he realizes. It would explain the assassin as his guardian and bodyguard.

But how is the relative related? Parents? Odd but not unheard of and possibly unlikely in this case. Side family such as an Uncle? Also possible but there isn't enough information to prove or disprove it, same with grandparents. For now he only had one lead but first...

Taking out a pen the figure paused only a moment before writing his reply.
Most interesting news indeed. It means the Count is likely a front to cover this persons trail, keep attention away to complete a goal unseen. Was likely promised some form of aid to help his daughter in some form, though it's also likely that the Count doesn't know anything about this unknown, kept in the dark. Also means the Culiar boy is more important than he himself knows, since he has a guardian but I've heard no mention of the boys parents in any capacity. Likely believes himself to be an orphan. I'll speak with his guardian to see if he knows anything.

With the White Witch I'd tread carefully. If you can get info about her and her reasons without her sensing it in any way go crazy. If not then keep your distance. Odds are she might not be in league with this mysterious older Culiar figure but it never hurts to be sure. Let me know once your done with your current investigation. Hopefully we'll be able to speak before the tournament start.
Putting the journal away he turned to confirm what he had felt, the White Witch had indeed popped up behind the students. Time to confirm a suspicion of his. Walking up silently behind the woman, he hid his presence until the perfect moment appeared.
hothead1021 wrote:"That may be true, but hatred can make one angry, and anger can make one reckless, alot more predictable and more prone to mistakes."
"That's quite true, it proves a useful boon when faced with hatred."
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

----------------------
Luminous Citadel
----------------------

Brandon didn't respond to the arrival of Rielle as he wasn't in the mood of socializing with anyone involved with Peter's case. Those twins really annoyed him to the point that he might really enjoy facing them in the tournament. Though, he must be wary of the two. They were willing to divulge their abilities and must have been confident to do so. In the mean time, he'll try and keep his minds off of things.

"Tell me when you're done with my stuff, Luke.", he said to the alchemist before relaxing on the chair.

----------------------
Bannered Centaur
----------------------
KillMoves wrote:"I take it that meant he didn't give the correct answer?"
"You would be correct.", Word Play replied to Quirille. "Come on, we should keep an eye on him.", he added as he followed Erik to ensure he won't try and run away. "What's the matter? You acted like you ate some peppers or something.", he acted innocently. "But anyway, we should continue our conversation. Did you have knowledge that the incident would have occurred in the room that you were told to clean?", he asked the boy once more. The spell is still in effect and the punishment will escalate with each lies he speak.

-------
Cafe
-------

Jonathan took his time to ponder over Cecile's offer. If he thought about it, it would be highly beneficial to have a mutual relationship with the leader of the Mamono faction within Zauberheim. Though, he knew the today is important, but there's no guarantee that it would be a success. If the issue continue to persist, it would help to have a long-term plan. So he'll have take on a few more responsibilities for now.

"Very well, I shall accept your offer. It would be indeed beneficial for me and my sister if we were to have a mutual relationship. Please take me to your mistress once I am prepared to take care of my current business.", he said to Cecile as he began using his magic. Knows the today is important, but so is the future, As such, he must multitask to ensure optimal efficiency. With his magic, Jonathan created a clone of himself that now stood next to him. "You stay here and keep watch for any sign of trouble that you may see.", he ordered the clone, who nodded in response. Jonathan gave the clone enough money to continuously order a cup of coffee for the rest of the day should he become too busy.

"With that done, I am no ready to have a meeting with your mistress. I do hope we can get along well with each other.", he said to Cecile.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

hothead1021 wrote:"That may be true, but hatred can make one angry, and anger can make one reckless, alot more predictable and more prone to mistakes."
"Yeah well--"
Creator_Drake wrote:"That's quite true, it proves a useful boon when faced with hatred."
A voice suddenly cut Rielle off, startling her and making her turn around in an instant. Upon seeing the Cloaked Wanderer, Rielle breathed a sigh of relief. A facade to cover up that she just became more wary of the mysterious cloaked figure. "Hey Cloaky, hasn't anybody told you that sneaking up on anybody doesn't score points?" She told him in a light but displeased tone.

--MEANWHILE--
EndZoner wrote:"But anyway, we should continue our conversation. Did you have knowledge that the incident would have occurred in the room that you were told to clean?"
"No!" Erik muttered, still reeling from the sudden feeling of burning on his mouth. "I didn't know that something would go down in that room! I swear!"

Strangely, Erik's mouth was not assaulted by the curse after his confession. However, Quirille was quick to continue the interrogation. "Why don't you tell us the entire story right now?" The Alraune approached Erik with a glare that meant pain. "Or do we have to beat every single word of the answer from you?"

Erik was silent for a moment, sweating and trembling at Quirille's menacing glare. "Okay okay! I'll spill!" Erik said in a panic. "A guy, Sivana I think, told me to volunteer to clean the room yesterday morning. Gave me a thousand gold coins for it but I swear that I had no clue as to why. Please don't hurt me."

"What did you clean last night?" Quirille continued. "And where did you put them?"

"Bottles and some other stuff." Erik answered. "Sold 'em to a merchant caravan heading out of Zauberheim."

--ELSEWHERE--

The news of the verdict, or lack thereof, had begun to spread across Zauberheim. Keith had returned to Zev'jul in front of the Bannered Centaur and told him about what happened in the court. "Everybody in court got their asses detained!"
"I see." The sorcerer said. "Count Sivana grows more of a liability with each passing second."
"So you gonna unfriend him?" Keith asked.
"...Hmm. I'll need a formal declaration." Zev'jul remarked. "Come, Keith."

With that, both the mercenary and the sorcerer left the area. Unbeknownst to them, Assassin had listened to their conversation and that added with the news of the trial made the hooded man pull back from the girl posse he was with. "Hey, where are you going?" Haruka noticed Assassin's abrupt departure and stopped him.

"The trial's over. It was postponed."
"Really?"

By that point, everyone around was talking about the trial's end and results. "Haruka..." Jiyi uttered, silently asking the Nekomata what to do next.
"Erm..." Haruka turned to Assassin who was no longer there. "Hey, where'd he go?" The Nekomata soon spotted the hooded man dashing into an alley.

"Jiyi, you and Konori continue to investigate. I'll keep an eye on our little friend. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." Haruka declared before going after Assassin.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

KillMoves wrote:"Hey Cloaky, hasn't anybody told you that sneaking up on anybody doesn't score points?" She told him in a light but displeased tone.
"Numerous times Miss Witch. But when one does not care for points it makes it all the more fun at times." Despite the shadowed cowl the group could feel the whimsically amused smile in his voice. Taking a spot beside the witch the Wanderer turned to the kids once more.

"Now then, would there happen to be a single designated waiting area for participants or would there be two? One for the students and one for those of us who were brought in?"
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

--------
Cafe
--------

"Glad to hear you've changed your mind, Mr. Jonathan" replied Cecile with a warm smile.

"I'd hate to leave our waiter, but I suppose he'll have to settle for your double here." Said the lesser succubus as she chuckled at Jonathan's clone. "Good thing I made it so that no one with normal eyes can see what we're doing. Now, if you'll follow me out of the cafe, I'll lead you to the meeting place my mistress has arranged for us."

If Jonathan promptly followed her outside, she would then begin leading him due east down a straight road. However, from there things would become a bit more...intricate.

---------
Citadel
---------

Before they could dread the arrival of the Dark Witch, the Wanderer had made his way back to the scene - with a retort to the magician's statement (much to her apparent annoyance).

The Wanderer then asked if there was a special area where guests such as himself were to wait. Truthfully, the students weren't sure, as they only knew of the normal waiting area where regular participants were to report.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps my father would know of such things. He can be rather crafty as such." replied the princess with a shrug.

"If you'd like, you could just come to the same waiting room as us." said Luke, trying to make a friendly gesture. "I'm sure you'd make better company than those two brothers!"

As the others spoke, Felicie began to look at Ms. Rielle with a rather stern expression. "Ms. Rielle, I understand that you, in addition to this cloaked gentleman, were there to aid the princess as she was suffered from that masked assailant last night."

The vampire tried not to bite her tongue as she continued on. "I know that you also healed my wounds from our fight with the same assailant earlier that day. I...I just wanted to formally thank the both of you for your help." One could notice the hesitation behind Felicie's attempt at gratitude, but she felt the need to express it nonetheless.

The students were borderline in awe of the vampire's sudden display of thanks. But, they too understood that it was necessary. "I as well thank you both for your assistance." Said Lisia, as she humbly bowed her head. "If you both wish to proceed to the waiting room, you may follow us"

The students chose not to bring up the fact that Rielle was also part of the trial, against Peter in her case. They imagined nothing good would come of it and decided to leave it alone for now. Before they went, however, Lisia poses a question to the Wanderer.

"Excuse me, Sir Wanderer. Do you perhaps know the whereabouts of Sir Henry and Mr. Ruecian?"
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

The Wanderer could understand the kids not knowing, with how the King set everything up they were only told where they would wait. It wasn't a problem really, the figure nodded at the Princess' shrug and was about to agree to Luke's friendly proposal when a surprise even he didn't expect happen, did. A Vampire apologizing?! Good thing they couldn't see his face, they'd see him staring wide-eyed at the girl.

He was snapped out of his surprise by the Lisia's question about the other swordsmen. He hummed at the question, tilting his head a tad before turning his cowl at the Princess.

"I haven't seen them as of recently, but I would like to believe they would be nearby. As the tournament is starting soon they would likely wish to stay nearby so as to not be late. I could go look for them if you would like, there is still time before today's events are to begin." He then looked at the young Vampiress, staring at her a moment before nodding.

"Your thanks is welcomed and appreciated young Vampire. Same to you young Princess, but there is no need to bow your head." He ended with a light chuckle before crossing his arms through his sleeves.

"I appreciate the offer Princess, though I must sadly decline the offer at the moment. There is a light errand I must do before all is said and done, and while I'm out there I could grab those 2 along the way. I'll make sure to meet with you all before the tournament starts, your company will likely prove better than those 2 young boys." He looked towards Luke and offered a nod before looking at the Vampire. He knew that what he'd say next would be just as surprising to her as her display of thanks was surprising to her friends. He intended it to be and it would help keep her mind focused from her embarrassment over her actions. That and he always liked to keep people guessing. He stood up straighter while looking her dead in the eye.

"To you young Vampire; may your nights prove long, your hunt prove swift and your drink prove refreshing." It was one of the very few prayers and passages of respect he knew about Vampires. Something that he knew survived the succubization of monsters when the new Demon Lord took over. It was always spoken by those departing regardless of gender or ranking, child and old alike. For it to be spoken of by someone who supposedly isn't a vampire? It would throw her head for a loop!
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess

Post by EndZoner »

---------------------
Luminous Citadel
---------------------

Brandon help but be surprised when Felicie gave her gratitude to the Wanderer and the White Witch. He would have pegged her as the stubborn and prideful type. Though, this is more of a pleasant surprise to him. He can't help but let out a small sigh and smile. He continue to remain quiet as the conversation is maintain.

--------------------
Unknown Streets
--------------------

Jonathan left his clone behind and allowed Cecile to lead him to meet with her mistress. Though, he can't help but find it odd that he's now being lead through an intricate path. He would have thought that he was being lead to a somewhat public area such as her home. The path seems rather complicated as if to ensure that retracing their steps would be difficult. Is the meeting that important to Lady Artesia?

"The path we are taking has become rather intricate, don't you think?", he asked Cecile. In hindsight, he could've have asked her where the meeting would be taking place.

--------------------
Centaur's Banner
--------------------

Word Play stared solemnly at the boy, but internally, he feels proud of Quirille in resorting to violence in getting answers. "Do you know what this means?", he asked in a grave tone. "You're now considered an accomplice in suppressing and tampering evidence to a case trial. That's a great offense anyone could make and you're one of them. I believe that such an offense would be punished with jail time that could last a couple of decades.", he added. "But seeing that you admit your crimes, I suppose you could get your punishment to reduce. Especially if you testify against Sivana in the court case that involves a student accused of rape.", he continued. This is good, this guy could help out Peter big time.