Ruins of the Ancients - Battlemamono RP

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Stalker
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Dragon and many others

Re: Ruins of the Ancients - Battlemamono RP

Post by TehDanimal1 »

Firedragon wrote:Giovanni, while Xander takes out several constructs with your crystal and Itami shoots down another one, you notice that one additional construct is staying back and hovering higher up in the air instead of attacking you. In fact, this construct is doing more or less what you are doing, namely, staying behind cover as much as possible.

And it looks as if no more constructs are entering this room, so if you manage to get rid of those that are already shooting at you, you might be free to finally find out what is going on here...
Oh boy this might be a risky move I think to myself. I double check my surroundings, I look at Ilaria and pull here in for a kiss, "For luck Love-fluff!", "You both try to cover me when you can," I said to my wife and Itami. I checked the positioning of the one peculiar drone, I concentrate on its position, my blink feels weird but I try to blink to that drone and then try to bring it back, failing that I go at it with my swords.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

There were still a lot of these buggers and they were getting settled.

Seems like they're trying to surround me. Flanking. Looks like someone did their tactics homework. Still, we were still in the thick of it and it won't do me any good being encircled by some flying clankers. I had to rock their plans before they could pull it off. I focused taking down the constructs on one side while evading, or trying to evade, the shots heading towards me.

The plan was to weaken one side so I could break through there to escape the encirclement tactic. If they try it again, I'll just do that again and we'll see who'll fold first.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Further decent into the strange base only led the group ever more into the unknown, and into the waiting jaws of their mysterious enemy.

"Damn construct!" Magnus yell as he tried to bury his sword into body of one that had managed to flank his squad.

Itami,Giovanni,Ilaria, Xander, and Shanika appear to have some sort of plan in motion which Magnus silently prayed it'll bare fruit. His sword did little to the constructs armour, just grazing its surface enough to slide off with no obvious signs of damage; it launched another attack, no lightening thankfully but instead raised its fist in the hopes of smashing the Knight Crusader.

Magnus on reflex abandon his sword to better roll out of the dropping metal appendage, managing to land somewhere off to its side next to one of the shelves. Quickly back pedaling to build some distance, he bumped into the shelf causing its contents to rattle causing him to look behind him. There in near pristine condition laid one the of familiar( but alien) magitek devices, its appearance reminding him of those self loading crossbows.

The construct having failed to smash the Knight turned to where he had gone, raising its other hand as the sparks of a building electrical attack began; sword out of reach and no real way to escape, Magnus immediately reached for the strange device. Using his basic training on warfare magitek took general aim at the construct and pulled the little trigger position just below the main body of the device.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

As I feel myself being hauled out of Dangers way, I felt a very satisfied feeling overcome me as the sound of a metal wrenching explosion blew through the air behind me. However, I couldn't help but note how something seemed off about how vicious that explosion that had been. Back at the Academy, many of the less studious students would play stupid pranks like that all the time, but unless someone really had intentions of harm, the kinds of explosions would be about as dangerous as a firework. I was mostly surprised by this, but then some new thoughts about the situation began to circulate in my mind. Could it be that the reason this area felt so wrong was because the methods of creating this place and it's constructs was due to a serious amount of imbalance and instability in the general creation? Maybe the effects of magic cause issues and thus all of the things in the area are designed to drain or hamper magic in some way? If I was to really focus my magic here, would it perhaps overload everything here? sadly, I had no way to test this right now due to the initial backlash, but it does make some sense due to the effects that my other two teammates have had on some of the things in this place, namely the array in the other rooms they happened to blow up followed by the crystal I just chucked.

Speaking of which, Shanika embraced me for a moment before she let me go, but not before whispering something in my ear that promised a reward for my act of bravery. Thankfully, she didn't seem intent on giving it to me right this moment, but I have to thank my luck she wasn't one of those mamono that gets off on combat.

Shaking my head, I bring my attention to Giovanni and Itami.

"Hey! Try to throw as much magic around with these things as you can! I think they can't take a certain amount before they overload! It's a working theory right this moment, but something in progress is better then nothing done am I right?"
Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Master of Dragons
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Firedragon »

Giovanni, the construct you are trying to take down seems to be unarmed. Could it be some kind of observer not intended to fight at all? With that thought foremost in your mind, you realize that all the constructs you've seen so far seemed to be built for only one purpose - the broken down guard constructs only had lethal weapons (or at least had them when they still were in good condition), this observer drone is completely unarmed and apparently not even intended to move around quickly, let alone dodge attacks, and the constructs attacking you may have powerful shocking weapons, but even strong shocks are not necessarily deadly - especially when one considers the resilience of loci beasts and mamono.

The drone tries to evade you, but you quickly manage to take it down - it is not even armored. Just as you feel a surge of triumph, the other constructs turn to you. Seems as if there was some kind of defensive mechanism, after all...

Itami, it takes some work and several really close calls, but you finally manage to break through the encircling constructs. You notice that these things seem to have some trouble reacting to directed actions, almost as if they were built only to attack loci beasts, most of which are not really intelligent enough to attack in a planned manner.

Just as you prepare to attack the rear of the constructs to help your friends, Giovanni manages to take down a construct that had been hanging back. So far, so good. If only this had not convinced the other clanking things to refocus their attention on him. Too bad he is not a damsel in distress waiting for a hero to rescue her...

Magnus, you should probably invest in some serious magic upgrades for your sword - or convince Isadora to come out into the field with you from now on. After all, she is a Pegacelsius and could probably flash freeze these annoying constructs...

Your gambit pays off and the strange device quickly attaches to the construct, clearly trying to bury in and take control. Of course, the target is not a loci beast, so all this does is trigger a discharge that overloads the construct and the device, frying both in a matter of heartbeats. But at least you are no longer in immediaty danger of getting shocked or squished.

Standing up, you see Giovanni taking out the construct in the back, which leads to all the other constructs turning on him. Now would be a perfect time to charge and take them down from behind. If only you had a weapon capable of doing any real damage...

Xander, you get the chance to try your theory when Giovanni takes down the construct in the back, and to make things even better, all the remaining constructs turn to him, so you should be able to cast your spells without having to dodge attacks. On the other hand, you should probably act before the constructs have time to attack your friend.

Shanika does not waste time with magic - but then again, she does not seem to have much in the way of spells anyway - and just hacks apart a construct with brute force (though wielding a large,supernaturally sharp axe probably helps). Ilaria, on the other hand, does use her spells and manages to take out several constructs. However, you notice that while overloading these things might sound like a great idea in theory, it leaves something to desire in reality since the ripples it creates in the mana field make casting spells even more unpleasant and difficult.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Breaking through wasn't easy but it was done. However, these clankers react as if I'm some mindless beast and that probably helped me get through them. Regardless, I was out of my own predicament and it was time to help my companions with theirs.

For some reason, Giovanni managed to get center attention with all the constructs. I guess it was up to us to give him a helping hand. My contribution was composed of several arrows at the constructs. I knew I wasn't going to take them all down but at least I'd give everyone else some breathing room.
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Stalker
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Dragon and many others

Post by TehDanimal1 »

Firedragon wrote:Giovanni, the construct you are trying to take down seems to be unarmed. Could it be some kind of observer not intended to fight at all? With that thought foremost in your mind, you realize that all the constructs you've seen so far seemed to be built for only one purpose - the broken down guard constructs only had lethal weapons (or at least had them when they still were in good condition), this observer drone is completely unarmed and apparently not even intended to move around quickly, let alone dodge attacks, and the constructs attacking you may have powerful shocking weapons, but even strong shocks are not necessarily deadly - especially when one considers the resilience of loci beasts and mamono.

The drone tries to evade you, but you quickly manage to take it down - it is not even armored. Just as you feel a surge of triumph, the other constructs turn to you. Seems as if there was some kind of defensive mechanism, after all...
For a few seconds I thought 'I definitely bit off more than I could chew' but I pushed that thought out of my mind, focus damn it, keep ahold of the main construct and focus on Ilaria. Focus on her essence and where she is, gotta get back to her. Gotta Blink back to her.