Ruins of the Ancients - Battlemamono RP

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Stalker
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Dragon and many others

Re: Ruins of the Ancients - Battlemamono RP

Post by TehDanimal1 »

"Sir to be frank, we'd be wasting time and Legion resources if we kept going back and forth, going from exploring this facility to informing the mappers," I take a breath "We'd also look foolish if we didn't return with anything, I still think the best possible action is for us to proceed forward ."
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

"I'm also of the mind to forage on ahead and see what we can find, this is kinda what we signed up to do after all. Looking at it from a logical standpoint, it would be best to see if whats down here is actually beyond our capabilities first before we head back up and bring a whole platoon down here. Also, I vote for going right."
Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Master of Dragons
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Firedragon »

All, after some more discussion, you agree to continue on for the time being, at least until you actually have some idea of what is going on. And since there are no signs telling you where the three corridors lead, you follow Xander's suggestion and go right.
After a short walk, you come to a series of large rooms that are obviously intended as barracks with rows of bunk beds, long tables and benches and sets of lockers placed at regular intervals. To your surprise, all the furniture is made from metal (most furniture on Lupa is made from wood or occasionally stone in the case of certain breeds). The mattresses and bedclothes are clearly rotten, suggesting that this complex is very old. But the thick layer of dust you would expect is not there. Something here is clearly off...
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

After everyone decided to head forward, head forward we did.

We soon arrived into a series of large rooms. There were rows of rotting bunk beds, long tables, benches and lockers. People not only worked here, they lived here. Couldn't find a single swab of dust though despite the glaring age of the things here. Something was up. Well, more so than now.

I began to inspect some of the metal furniture. "We know there's definitely people who've been here. The question is, where are they?"
Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Animajunki123 »

I couldn't help but feel nervous as we made our way into the corridor I had suggested. I know I had said we should go this way, but who knows where it actually lead to. despite my fears on unknown possibility, I shoved it tot he back of my mind and ventured on with the rest of the group. However, what we found at the end was something I had not expected to see. Barracks, much like what one would expect from a military training ground. The place was pristine in it's appearance, as if someone took the time to keep it that way. However, what was odd that I found was that the mattress's and bedclothes where rotted from years of ageing. I was confused to say the least. However, Itami spoke, breaking my thought process on this.
"We know there's definitely people who've been here. The question is, where are they?"
I tapped my chin in thought on that before I decided to give an answer.

"Well... either they haven't been here in a long long time... or they don't sleep in here anymore. though that begs the question of why take perfectly usable space and not do something else with it? If I was to hazard a guess... I get the feeling that nobody living is here anymore... but then that's just even more confusing due to the fact that 1: Those strange devices had to be made by someone, and 2: someone or something went through the trouble of keeping this place cleaned up. not just this room, but the entrance to the cave as well. Unnaturally clean remember?"

I answered to the best of my ability, but I decided to be kinda snoopy and check to see what was in the wall lockers next to the beds, though I wasn't expecting to find much. I might have just used magic to try to detect things, but right now I'm not going to try touching the magic of this place until I know it won't have some kind of effect on me.
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TehDanimal1 »

The barracks had a stale smell to it, I lifted some of the fabric that was left on, I assumed a bed, with one of my blades and watched the fabric crumble. "The rest of the facility is clean, yet this barracks has been left to gather dust and rot," I said looking around, "I guess who ever is running this place doesn't care for security but are more interested in the rest of the facility," I stated.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

The room reminded Magnus of a standard barracks and so did his squad based on the the questions and slight familiarity in their eyes. He didn't protest as the squad separated to inspect the room further on their own, to which Magnus did as well starting with the popular item in the room, the beds. The air wasn't new by any means going off the taste and off putting smell, but the beds, metal in construction and covered in some sort of cloth sheets had no indication of being old. The metal was polished(if faintly)while the sheets held no bug holes or stains that he could notice leaving the impression they the beds were just cleaned.

"We know there's definitely people who've been here. The question is, where are they?"
Itami broke the ice, which the others followed with their own questions and thoughts on the matter, and they were possible but it didn't sit well for Magnus. Well none of this did. He continued his inspections of the beds along the wall but didn't find anything else before turning back for the door, signalling everyone else to follow. There were still rooms in this hall that required at the very lease a passing glance.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Firedragon »

All, searching these rooms doesn't lead to any new clues about what is going on here, though the feeling that this complex has been abandoned a long time ago doesn't leave you. Of course, if this complex really is abandoned, it begs the question of who (or what...) has been manipulating the loci beasts...

Suddenly, you hear a grinding sound. After listening for a moment, you realize that the source of this sound is approaching. Maybe you'll finally find out what is going on here. Assuming you survive whatever is coming for you, that is...

Xander, most of the lockers are empty, though in one you find a badly faded picture. Unfortunately, it is too faded to make out much apart from the fact that it apparently showed some humanoid figure once upon a time. You also find a few metal coins of a kind you have never seen before and the remains of what might have been a pair of heavy boots.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

There was nothing that lead to concrete answers here, no matter how much we looked. This place is as abandoned as a haunted mansion.

That is, until we heard a grinding sound approaching. I instantly loaded an arrow into my bow in preparation. I guess this place wasn't so abandoned after all. Whether that was good or not, we were about to find out. But at least we'll get some form of clue as to what this place is and who was running it.
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TehDanimal1 »

This whole place was old, I'm amazed that there were even still working lights, but it also felt dangerous and had me on edge. I continued to snoop around until I heard a grinding noise. Quickly I ready my rifle and I looked at Ilaria, she had her bow in hand and was ready for whatever the grinding was bringing.
Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Firedragon »

All, you take position and ready your weapons as the strange grinding sound draws near. Your light spells don't reach very far but whoever or whatever is approaching should have noticed them by now, so you'd expect some kind of reaction. But the sound doesn't stop, and finally you see what is creating it. Now if you only knew what you are seeing...

It appears to be some kind of small metallic box about a foot high with small wheels. Several small metal parts protrude from the box, and a few of them move around, almost as if this strange device was using them to... look around...
The box apparently reacts to your presence in that it avoids you - it simply rolls around you and when one of you moves, it adjusts its course. A short time later, you hear the box begin to emit a sucking sound as it starts to move around the barracks area.

If you weren't wondering before, you certainly are now. This complex is obviously not completely shut down yet, but so far, you have seen no reaction to your presence - the appearance of the small metal box (whatever it is supposed to do) doesn't really seem to have been in responce to your intrusion. Maybe you'll finally get some answers deeper inside?
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TehDanimal1 »

I stared in disbelieve at the device, fascinated by the way it moved as well as wondered about what powered it. As well as a wave of embarrassment washed over me at the fact that what might be the most harmless thing here had us jumpier than a new-born.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

Well. It could've been worse. It could've been some guard thing that would've turned us into paste.

At least the little guy indirectly answered that this place was still running somewhat. Of course, that could mean that the security counterparts of this guy might still be active. I lowered my bow and observed the small moving box run circles around us.

"Does anyone know how to make this thing talk?" I asked the team. "If not, well, we can follow it and see where it goes. Might lead us somewhere more interesting."
DogKama
Moon
Moon

Post by DogKama »

Relaxing his stance Magnus lowered his sword( refusing to hostler it) has his eyes followed the strange device. Thankfully it wasn't anything threatening, but it's appearance only brought more questions with it; is it an advance golem and if so what's it's purpose?
"Does anyone know how to make this thing talk?" "If not, well, we can follow it and see where it goes. Might lead us somewhere more interesting."
Itami asked.

Magnus turned to look back at Itami,Giovanni, and Ilaria trying to gauge their reactions before giving his input.

" For a military-like complex to have golems, let alone made from metal is a rarity reserved only for Military Command Centers equally important complexes." He informed his comrades, before adding " All of theses places use golems for guards as well.."

Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Animajunki123 »

Despite my initial investigation of the lockers, I could find nothing of note save for maybe the few odd coins of origins unknown to me. Needless to say, it had been a fruitless search. However, my mind had been taken off of these things when I heard odd noises off further down the hall. Just like the rest of my companions, I had readied myself for combat, careful not to naturally draw on the energies of the cave to fuel any spells. Thankfully, the odd metal box thing had proven itself non-hostile and had proceeded to... clean? I suppose was what it was doing. A few moments later and everyone had relaxed, allowing us to converse with each other. I watched the odd box for a moment until after Magnus spoke, then I decided to say my own piece.

"I'm going to be honest here. I don't think following that... thing-"

I gesture to the creature with my staff.

"- is going to lead us anywhere productive. It might just clean tirelessly all day long for all we know, so we could be watching it clean forever. no, I think we should go ahead and start looking in other places. However... if that little thing is active, who knows what else we might encounter while down here? My money is on things of a far more dangerous variety..."

Thankfully, I could keep my light spell going in my staff, so I wasn't to worried about performing simple spells, but the thought of having to use more complex battle spells made me queasy at the thought of it. I could try to power through it, but I'm probably going to be next to useless down here outside of observation.
Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Firedragon »

Magnus, you never were the most attentive student during your lessons in magitek, but you do remember that almost all golems are actually self-aware (and - this being Lupa - decidedly female), though there might be a few almost legendary ancient ones still around in out of the way places. A cleaning device like the one that had you all on edge just a moment ago is not all that strange in and of itself, though most such devices you have ever heard of require a mage controlling it to function. Essentially, they are simply ways for a mage to enjoy the effects of a useful spell without having to learn or cast it herself (e.g. an enchanted broom could allow a Sulfurr to use a water magic cleaning spell which she could not normally cast). Rarer - and more high powered - items might be more like this device in that they are capable of what might seem like independent action, but even those will not function without a mage regularly keeping an eye on them.

Xander, when you realize that your lack of an... uncorrupted... energy source makes you next to useless, you also realize that it might be useful in the long run if you found a way to turn your staff into a receptacle for arcane energy. That would also turn your staff into a powerful weapon in its own right, which just might come in handy - especially if you took the time to train with it. Shanika grins at you and changes her position so that she can better protect you if anything more dangerous should follow this strange cleaning device. You get the uneasy feeling that the Bouldacaea is actually enjoying the danger...

Itami, the apparently harmless device not only tells you that this complex apparently is at least partially functional, it also reminds you that you have not yet found out where those strange modified loci beasts came from. From what you have seen so far, they must have been 'enhanced' somewhere else in this complex, which does lead to all sorts of unpleasant implications - who did that, who built this complex in the first place, and what else might you find here?

Giovanni, you begin to relax when you realize that this device is apparently harmless, but then you jump with a shout when you suddenly feel somthing hit you on the lower back. Whirling around, you only see Ilaria as she is going looking into a locker about two feet away, apparently oblivious to what has happened. "Hey, I found something!" she exclaims and holds up a small sliver of metal on a light chain. Examining it, you notice a name and number engraved on one side and a strange symbol on the other.
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TehDanimal1 »

Firedragon wrote:Giovanni, you begin to relax when you realize that this device is apparently harmless, but then you jump with a shout when you suddenly feel something hit you on the lower back. Whirling around, you only see Ilaria as she is going looking into a locker about two feet away, apparently oblivious to what has happened. "Hey, I found something!" she exclaims and holds up a small sliver of metal on a light chain. Examining it, you notice a name and number engraved on one side and a strange symbol on the other.
The name was weird, much like the symbol. I looked at Ilaria and she looked as confused as I did. "Commander take a look at this." I said and as soon as I caught his attention I lightly tossed the necklace to him, "Does it strike you with any familiarity?"
DogKama
Moon
Moon

Post by DogKama »

TehDanimal1 wrote:
Firedragon wrote:Giovanni, you begin to relax when you realize that this device is apparently harmless, but then you jump with a shout when you suddenly feel something hit you on the lower back. Whirling around, you only see Ilaria as she is going looking into a locker about two feet away, apparently oblivious to what has happened. "Hey, I found something!" she exclaims and holds up a small sliver of metal on a light chain. Examining it, you notice a name and number engraved on one side and a strange symbol on the other.
The name was weird, much like the symbol. I looked at Ilaria and she looked as confused as I did. "Commander take a look at this." I said and as soon as I caught his attention I lightly tossed the necklace to him, "Does it strike you with any familiarity?"
Turning around toward the room, Magnus was nearly pelted with the flying object but thankfully(for his pride) he reacted in time to catch it. The object resembled a necklace of sorts, but not the kind meant to impress but likely meant to serve a function of some kind. Flipping over between his fingers, Magnus examined the strange lettering and symbol carved into it; truly a simple piece but one that felt familiar.

"Indeed Giovanni..Ilaria." He took one more look before offering it to Itami and Xander " If I had to guess, I would say it was a form of ID and that would make sense given the military like barracks."

Magnus left the room for the hall once more, looking back the way they came before turning around to face their current heading.

"We should continue our search before it gets too late, if it isn't night already."

Firedragon
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Firedragon »

All, you continue on deeper into the complex, always alert for danger. You find the mess hall, the kitchen and pantry, what looks like rooms inteded for weapons training and more barracks, but no danger and (probably more importantly) no living being. Finally, you enter another large room that is empty, though you get the impression that someone (or something) just took out the furniture when this room was no longer in use. Empty tub-like structures might have been filled with plants long ago and there likely were tables and benches here, meaning this area might well have been some kind of meeting place or recreational area.

And still no sign of life...

Suddenly, you hear a grinding sound again, but this time, it is much louder than before. And then you notice a thumping noise. A short time later, strange metal constructs enter the room through the hallway likely leading into the heart of the complex. These constructs are like nothing you have seen before, though they do resemble the small one that surprised you in the barracks. And they seem to be here for the same purpose - cleaning up.
Unfortunately, you have the uncomfortable feeling that you are the contaminants...
TehDanimal1
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by TehDanimal1 »

Firedragon wrote:All, you continue on deeper into the complex, always alert for danger. You find the mess hall, the kitchen and pantry, what looks like rooms inteded for weapons training and more barracks, but no danger and (probably more importantly) no living being. Finally, you enter another large room that is empty, though you get the impression that someone (or something) just took out the furniture when this room was no longer in use. Empty tub-like structures might have been filled with plants long ago and there likely were tables and benches here, meaning this area might well have been some kind of meeting place or recreational area.

And still no sign of life...

Suddenly, you hear a grinding sound again, but this time, it is much louder than before. And then you notice a thumping noise. A short time later, strange metal constructs enter the room through the hallway likely leading into the heart of the complex. These constructs are like nothing you have seen before, though they do resemble the small one that surprised you in the barracks. And they seem to be here for the same purpose - cleaning up.
Unfortunately, you have the uncomfortable feeling that you are the contaminants...
With rifle in hand I drew a bead, Ilaria also drew back an arrow. We were ready for what the tower was about to throw at us.