Emblem of the Lux

A tale of two sellswords (Private RP for myself and Drake)

This is the place where one's fantasies can come true.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Emblem of the Lux

Post by Phantom77 »

Over the horizon a grass-covered plain could be seen, the bellows of the green blades whistling as the wind blew overhead. In the distance a lush forest blanketed the land, branches swayed and leaves flew across the view as the breeze blew over the numerous trees.

On the plane, two swordsmen were seen fighting. One wore black clothing, save for the white robe-like shirt he had. His blade was a uniquely designed katana that had a dark blue color to the blade. It glowed as he continued his strikes to his opponent.

"Well, is that you're best? Perhaps you're holding back, trying to gauge my skill?"
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Re: Emblem of the Lux

Post by Creator_Drake »

"Mostly the latter, my young friend. I will admit your skills have grown quite a bit, last time we sparred liked this I didn't get cut until after the warm-up." The second figure spoke with a relaxed tone while holding his opponent at bay with the sword held in his right hand. Parrying a blow he hopped back for a little distance. He gestured to his left arm where a small gash soon sealed itself closed with a wisp of steam.

The second man wore blue pants and was essentially shirtless aside from a white coat draped over his shoulders. The coat was simple in design, high collared, sleeveless and held a black trim. Strung over his shoulder was a thick belt that held a European blade to his back.

The sword he held to his right was a bit more traditional in design compared to his sparring partner's. The blade held a silver sheen, the hilt a pentagon of dusky bronze and the hilt a solid black. While this man's blade didn't glow like his opponents, the green flame that enshrouded the blade more than made up for it.

Rushing forward the man batted away sword with sword. Seeing opportunity he swung upwards with the blade's sheath. Said sheath was as black as the hilt and held a unique feature; where the hilt met the sheath there was a section large as a fist coloured the same dusky bronze, an ideal bludgeon when used correctly.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

"Glad you approve" Said the swordsman. He watched as his opponent hopped back for a bit after blocking his attack, noting the rapid healing of the small wound he inflicted. He then prepared himself as the other warrior rushed forward. As the bludgeon was swung towards him, he smirked as he make a slight chuckle.

"You'll have to do better than that..."

Using his free hand, he used his sheath to intercept the blow. The blue wave design on the white sheath begin to glow and ripple as the swordsman prepares his next attack. "Kiri Senku: Haze" With that command, a medium-sized area surrounding the two combatants becomes shrouding in mist, and the man in black vanished from sight.

Hoping to land a powerful blow while the other man was disoriented, the swordsman initiated his second attack. "Ice Dragon Pelting Fang" Said the warrior quietly, as if whispering. A rain of sharp ice blades began to rain down on the field, their crashing and shattering could be heard from a distance.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Pitching forward when his sparring partner disappeared the man recovered with a roll. Standing, he could only huff in amusement as the air chilled above him. Raising the sheath of his sword to the air he pointed his fist to the sky as the ice blades began to fall to the ground.

"Soukatsui." With a single word a ball of blue and yellow flame tore into the sky, melting the blades it collided with. The ball of flame wasn't overly large, just wide enough to create a pocket of blade-free air above him. lowering the sheath the man then used to sword to slice the air. The motion may have been simply from first glance, but the movement held more power than it looked for the simple swing created a gust that cleared the field of mist, ruffling the hair and clothes of both men. Resting the blade on one shoulder the man turned to the other.

"That, young man, is my line." The look on his face was far from condescending, rather it was more jovial than anything. He then blurred from sight only to reappear at the other warriors side. Another duel of blades commenced only this time, it was much faster than before. The game had just been upped.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

The swordsman looked as the man made a ball of fire to block the ice blades from landing on him. Impressive, the man thought to himself. Smirking at the jovial statement the older gentleman made, he barely had time to defend against his next attack.

Damn, what speed. This man may be just as fast as I am. The air shook at the clash of the two blades, the warriors now locked in the sky. The young man's blue eyes began to glow with an azure light. No, to tell the truth....He may actually be faster!

Letting free one hand, the younger warrior began to speak. As he did his hand was enveloped by a chilling glow. "Hailstorm Strike."

A large and violent blast of freezing wind was let loose from the boy's hand, leaving his opponent to be swallowed completely by it.

"Cold enough for you, old man?" Said the young swordsman with a sarcastic tone.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

When the wind passed the azure warrior would find his opponent mere feet away, blade and sheath crossed to guard against the attack. Lowering his arms one could hear the light cracks of breaking ice as the pieces fell from his form. He shook his arms a moment to dislodge the rest of the ice before stretching his neck. Hearing a satisfying crack the man looked to his opponent, smile still on his face.

"More than cold enough my boy, though I think you're about 50 years too young to make a quip like that at me. Since you upped the magic ante I suppose I should as well." Here the smile turned a little more predatory as he raised a hand, pointing 2 fingers at his opponent.

"Byakurai" A stream of lighting pierced the air with great speed, it's target the man directly in it's path.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

The boy looked on as the middle-aged man shrugged off his attack with little effort.

"It seems my attack did little to phase you. Interesting." Soon after his sentence, a powerful stream of lightning heading right for the young fighter. Instead of bracing himself or trying to move out of the way, he began to sheath his blade. "But, you missed a small detail, Dragon Thunder Howl."

He sheath his blade with remarkable speed, and with it came a loud and thunderous roar of lightning that clashed with the other man's spell. As the attacks collided, a copy of the young man could be seen coming from behind the the older combatant. "With my previous attack, your eyes were not on me for a brief moment. However, that one moment was all that I needed."

The copy then delivers a powerful slash to the back of his opponent. If his plan worked, he will have dealt more damage to the man than based on the old man's presumption.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking on a dirt road a ways from the combatants' fighting place, a small group of three could be seen walking in their direction. The group consisted of a Minotaurus with long purple hair who wore a crimson leotard with hip faulds that covered her lower parts, a young fare-skinned mage who wore indigo robes with silver outlines, and an Elf who wore an elaborate blueish green dress with tribal sashes. An impatient look could be seen on the Minotaurus's face as they continued their trek.

"Again with this? I swear, this is the second or third time Rue's gone off to fight that weird guy again! That asshole's holding us up from making pay! Whenever he goes off without consent from the higher ups, We're the ones who have to go find him just because he's our unit leader..." Said the Minotaurus. She gripped the large broadsword on her back as if she was preparing for a fight herself.

"For once, I agree with Sheena, this is getting annoying. Especially when he's usually more organized and regimented than this. But whenever that Wanderer is involved he can't help himself, he's like a child. This is why human men irritate me..." Said the Elf, who for some reason was readying her bow.

The mage ignored the other two as he scribbled something down in his notebook, apparently completely indifferent to the whole situation.
Last edited by Phantom77 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

A flame-covered blade stopped the powerful slash cold. The man turned his head to give the copy a side glance.

"For most opponents, your words would ring true." From the hilt of his sword he uncurled his finger, pointing it at the copy. "Sho."

The copy would feel a great force suddenly push it away, and since it's body was still in midair there was nothing stopping it from flying off. Turning to the original he sheathed his own blade ending his magic attack. With nothing to stop it the roar of thunder would race to the older warrior. Fast as a blink the man grabbed the hilt of the sword on his back and drew it forward. Without hesitation he stabbed the blade into the opposing lighting, the blade humming as the lighting was drawn into it. Once finished the blade glowed blue from the energy it just absorbed, little arcs of energy jolting from the blade.

Without stopping the man rose the blade above before slashing forward with a roar. A beam of energy flew from the blade with great speed, the lightning that was just absorbed. Still moving the man threw the blade into the air and spun on his heel to redraw the first blade. Without looking he tilted his body at the right moment to let the European blade smoothly slide back into it's sheath.

Straightening the warrior rested the blade of his katana on his shoulder, taking a somewhat relaxed stance. Seeing his opponent recover he nodded.

"It was a good combination nonetheless. Against a good number of warriors it would likely harm them a great deal if not end them. You have to be wary of warriors like me though, we use more than just our eyes to track our opponents. Just like how I'm tracking a trio of people coming our way, two of which feel quite aggravated. They'll be on us soon, how would like to finish this? Same as last time and show them nothing? Or would you rather we give them a real show to stop 'em cold?"
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

"Shit!", was all the clone had time to say before being flung back by the warrior's spell. The clone soon vanished after flying back a little ways. The young man then looked with intrigued eyes as the older one stopped his other spell only to absorb the lightning attack with his larger blade. He watched as the man dissipated the spell altogether with minimal effort.

The young man then made a small sigh, as he too sensed the approach of others - his merc team to be exact. "Indeed. The higher ups probably assigned them a new job that I'm required to lead them on." The boy turned to the side for a moment before shooting a sharp gaze at his opponent. "But I didn't come here just to end this fight on another short note."

The swordsman then assumed his final stance and began to channel a large amount of energy around his body. The flow of mana began to shear and chill the air around him. "I've been wanting to try this technique out. Besides, I'll be a good learning experience for the rest of my comrades!" Within an instant, the boy was right in front of the man and prepared to strike him with one of the most powerful attacks in his arsenal.

As he made his attack his blade radiated with terrible frozen might, but would it be enough?
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

The older man's smile could only widen when his opponent decided to bring out the big guns so to speak. Seeing the young man take a stance he brought the blade down from his shoulder. Feeling the energy released the older man tensed and shifted to a light crouch. When his opponent flashed out of sight he quickly switched his blade to a reversed grip and brought it up to block a mighty blow.

The ground cratered beneath him from the strike, his feet making furrows in the dirt as he was slowly pushed back. His arm shook slightly as the energy whipped around the pair with great violence. Keeping his gaze with his opponent's the man flipped the sheath into reverse grip before bringing his thumb to his mouth. Biting down he drew blood, a slow trail flowing down his hand.

"If that's how it will be this time, I supposed I should reply in kind. If you're getting this serious, so should I." While speaking the man brought the bloody digit under his coat to his chest where a tattoo of chains laid. He drew a circle of blood before drawing a line through it. By this time the furrows were meters long, the ground cracked and singed around them.

"Power limit seal release: level 3." With the sound of breaking chains and shattering glass an explosion of energy sundered the ground, flames green as emeralds covered the man's form as his movement in the ground halted. Clothes billowed as energy was released, already pushing against the chilling might of his opponent. With a shove the man pushed his opponent the furrows distance, gazing at the younger man with a chilling gaze.

The air would feel thick and heavy, those not used to training with large amounts of mana would find it difficult to breathe. The man crouched, shifted both sword and sheath into regular grips then took a new stance. The sheath he held over the left shoulder while the other arm arched across his chest, blade held parallel to the ground.

"Prepare yourself, your true test begins." Faster than the younger man could blink the warrior was before him, attacking with a speed and fury that hadn't been shown before...
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

The boy gritted his teeth as his sword clashed with his adversary's. Around the crater made by the attack, ice began to form. The wind bellowed with chilly howls and the energy fallout began to create more cracks in the ground. The young warrior saw the old warrior bite his thumb and make some kind of mark on what appeared to be chain tattoos. He also heard the older man muttered something along the lines of releasing a restriction of some sort.

Soon the young man would find himself being sent back flying with incredible force, after hearing his opponent's release phrase. Quickly regaining his footing, he would look upon the man's form. The warrior he was fighting was now covered in flames as green as the plain they were standing on, and the power he was emitting took the swordsman by quite the surprise.

He was barely able to defend against the speed and power of the man's next attack. This clash created an even bigger crater, and the force of the charge nearly put a crack in the boy's blade. The younger one shot a blast in order to put some distance between the two.

"This...sensation. What is this? I know I've felt it before." The boy stood in place as he gripped his sword until his hand went numb. "This guy, first he blocks my attack that took me months to perfect. Then he just performs some kind of technique, making himself even more powerful than before. I'm sure by how much exactly, but I think he's more than twice as strong now..."

The boy closed his eyes and dawn a smile on his face. "Ah yes, I remember. I had this feeling when I fought my master, or any other opponent who had the power to defeat me!" The boy' meet the gaze of the old man with a sharp glance of his own. "I'm glad that this time around I was able to push you this far, guess that means I've gotten better. Heh."

The young swordsman puts his sword to his side and clasps his hands together, assuming a meditative stance. "I had hoped that I could finish this without resorting to this technique. I'd rather not use it at all, if possible. I don't think that's feasible at this point, however." After taking a deep breath the boy utter a phrase forbidden in his teachings.

"Sacred Rain Serpent....Hear me." Master, forgive me. Said the boy to himself. At that he began channeling an immense amount of energy within his body, rivaling the output of his opponent. Runes began to glow all over the young man's body and his muscles began to stiffen. That is until...

"HEY!! Enough already you idiots!!" Shouted the Minotaurus, who arrived with the rest of the group. The mage and elf where nearly drenched with sweat, finding it difficult to withstand the massive energy being emitted by both fighters. It didn't seem to stop the Minotaurus's yelling, however...

At the mamono's shout, the boy immediately ended his technique and return his mana level to normal. He then turned to her. "Oh, hello Sheena, I wasn't expecting you. I see you've brought Giselle and Ricard with you." Said the boy with a calm, friendly tone.

Sheena's right eyebrow twitched in annoyance at her leader's greeting. "You knew damn well that we were coming, you little rat! You expect us to believe that you forgot that today we were going to be assigned that job in Colm?"

The merc turned his head to the side, trying to make himself look innocent. "My apologies, it must have slipped my mind. I know you all are eager to gain experience as quickly as possible,and I would never let my forgetfulness interfere with that." If the older man was observant, he would have seen a large sweat drop form on the side of the boy's head.

Giselle, the young elf lady, flicked her long blonde hair that she kept in a braid half way down her back. Her face was somewhat red with anger, also annoyed with her superior's behavior. "But you would interfere with your selfish desire to engage in pointless sparring matches with strange men!"

Ricard the mage simply checked to see if his notebook had gotten any sweatdrops on it. He did shoot a quick glance at his team leader, which basically said "You'd better come along quickly if you know what's good for you..."

"Listen, just call it a warm up for the day ahead. Besides, it's always important to keep your edge sharp, battles such as these are ideal for that. I can be the difference between life and death on the battlefield." Said the leader

The Mino walked up to the boy's face, making sure he heard her loud and clear. "Listen Ruecian, Since you're probably gonna be promoted soon, it's probably not a big deal to you. BUT to the rest of us, it's important that we do as many jobs as we can to earn our pay! In case you forgot, some of us need money!"

"All you spend your pay on are expensive meats and that blacksmith you have the hots for. Perhaps if you were more cost wise and learned not to splurge, you wouldn't be broke all the time..." At this point the Mino blew her gasket and started attacking Ruecian with her large sword, which he dodged in jovial fashions.

Giselle faceplamed at the situation while Ricard analyzed the energy resin from the earlier battle and made note of it in his notepad.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Hearing the Minotaur's shout caused the man to pause mid strike. He watched with a passive eye as the younger man talked with his partners. Once the conversation had descended into an argument the older warrior released a sigh while cutting the output of his own power, the emerald flames dissipating completely. Sheathing his blade with a soft click the man placed his free hand over the left side of his chest, making a sharp twisting motion while muttering something under his breath.

Stretching his neck he heard a satisfying crack, tension leaving his stance. Brushing a little dust off his coat he strolled to Ruecians other team mates. He had a relaxed smile on his face.

"Good morning to you both. I do apologize that our... exuberance has kept you from a mission. Perhaps next time when you all have the time you could join in the spar as well, instead of your team leader being selfish. And before I forget, you may call me Drake." He gave a slight bow of his head as he looked between the elf and mage.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

Ricard also made a bow at the older gentleman's greeting. "Greetings Drake, allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Ricard Osweld of the Osweld house. Forgive my companion's short-temperedness, she'll blow a blood vessel at just about anything."

Likewise, Giselle gave a formal bow at her leader's sparring partner. "Hello, my name is Giselle. I'm an aspiring sniper and amateur guildsman, and as you can see I'm a part of this "team" so to speak.

Ricard gazed at the man's form and weapons for a moment. "A match with you would be interesting. I admit to having some trouble withstanding that power of yours. I don't believe I've felt a force quite like it. It's somehow...different. I doubt it'd be much of a fight for you though..."

Giselle nods slightly at the warrior's invitation before quickly turning back to her two fighting comrades. Ruecian had successfully dodged most of Sheena's attacks, having to parry a few with his sheathed weapon. Suddenly the two would find a bolt of golden energy striking the ground in between them.

"That's quite enough. Sheena you've made your point, all you're doing right now is wasting more time. Leader, stop playing around and let's go. You're supposed to set an good example remember?" Said the elf, her bow still shimmering from her magical shot.

Rue cleared his throat and made his way back to the others. Sheena, deciding to calm down, did the same. "Again I apologize for my hasty actions. But today's job won't be too difficult. At it won't take us that long to get there and complete the assignment." Said the leader in a collected voice.

"Also, I was thinking of taking Sir Drake with us." Giselle and Sheena's eyes widened at the statement made by there leader, while Ricard looked rather intrigued.

"You can't just make big decisions like that by yourself, even if you are our unit leader!" Snapped the Mino, sword still in hand. "Besides, the more people we bring along, the more we have to split the pay!"

"Sheena, he isn't even a member of the guild in the first place. We don't have to split anything with him, honestly..." Said the elf in a tired tone. "Moreover, leader, you would have to first have your decision approved by the guild master before we could take along any extra fighters."

"Yes, I am indeed aware of that. However, I'm sure that the guild head wouldn't mind. After all, he's already acquainted with Drake and likes him as a person and a warrior. Besides, you all could stand to learn alot from this man. For example, how to effectively close in on an opponent whose speed outmatches your own." Rue gave a quick look at Sheena, who gave a snort as she turned her head.

"As long as the guild master is ok with it, I have no objections." Said Ricard as he began to review his notes.

Ruecian then turned to his sparring partner. "So Drake, what do you say? Up for a little trip to Colm?"
Last edited by Phantom77 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Drake at the moment held a generally positive first impression of the elf and mage. He let out a small goodnatured chuckle at Ricard's description of their Minotaurus team mate, every team had someone like that. He was going to reply to Ricard about the spar when the Elf Giselle sent a magic shot at Ruecian and the Minotaurus to get their attention. As they walked over Drake gave an appreciative nod.

"Good shot, efficient draw on the bow string, spot on timing with your breathing. You're well on your way to being a skilled sniper miss Giselle." He sent her a side glance before turning his gaze on Ruecian. He listened to the conversation, not in the least surprised about being asked to accompany the group on their next mission. Hearing the question outright from Rue, Drake crossed his arms and let out a mirthful chuckle.

"I don't see why not, I can never say no to a little adventure." He turned to Rue's team mates. "And if there's still some reservations you can keep my cut of the pay, I don't mind. Also, I'll pay for our stay in which ever Inn we come to, my treat. Just like that trip to Canak River, right Ruecian?" He looked to the man, chuckling before pressing a palm to his neck, working out the kinks with a stretch.

"Well, let's not dabble in waiting for a moment longer. Lead on Ruecian."
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

Ruecian made a small laugh at the mention of Canak River, a mission that his three unit members were not present for. The only inn available at the time was quite expensive, but that apparently meant nothing to Drake. "Quite right, you even paid for the drinks. I of course, was able to at least give a tip."

Crossing his arms, Rue made a smile whilst closing his eyes. "Well, it's settled then. After getting word from the master, we'll set straight off for Colm." He turned to Ricard, who was pulling something out of his pocket. "Ricard, I trust you've prepared a quick way to get all of us back to town?"

"Indeed, I have leader. Thankfully you two chose your fight's destination not too far from headquarters." Said the mage as he pulled out a peculiar card. As he channeled mana through it, the card began to glow with a light green aura. "Gate of Wind! Return to Salem!" At his command, the wind began to gather around the group of warriors, soon completely obscuring their forms as they were carried by the wind back to the city where the guild made it's establishment.

After only a few minutes they where back in Salem, a somewhat large city in the northwest. Crowds of human and mamon alike could be seen walking the streets. Salem, after all, was a neutral territory that accepts all peoples, regardless of standing or species.

The group now stood in front of the guild building, also known as the Lux Hall. This hall had made quite a name for itself and established quite a bit of present in these parts. It is to be expected, as many of the strongest fighters in these parts are members of said guild. The building itself was also rather impressive. One of the larger buildings in the city, it stood tall as its flags blew proudly with the wind. A large staircase along with marble pillars and a sizable pair of doors marked the hall's entrance.

"We have arrived. Sir Drake, I believe this is the second time you've been here correct? Well, not much has changed since your last visit, save for a couple of new members. I'm sure Guild Master Lhogres will be pleased to see you once again." Said Ricard with a warm smile. Sheena was somewhat fidgety after her mage comrade's spell. Certain magics don't sit right with her.

"Shall we go inside?" Said Rue as he led his teammates into the building. Walking through the entrance, many guild members greeted the team with cheerful salutations. Some of the more flirtatious types shot more...sexual hellos to Drake and Rue. Soon they made their way to the front desk, where a receptionist was present. The Lux Guild's master, Lhogres Chase, could be seen sitting in the lobby area. However, he was apparently drunk on liquor, as he sat in a daze and was hiccuping frequently with a bottle in his hand.

The receptionist, an black haired Kikimora, bowed her head at the arrival of Ruecian's unit. "Welcome back, Sir Ruecian. Your teammates began to worry about your whereabouts, I told them you stepped out to the eastern fields to meet with Sir Drake yet again. I do wish you wouldn't worry your subordinates so, they need your guidance."

Giselle and Sheena scowled at the receptionist's words. "It's not like we care that much, we're just not allowed to go on this mission without him." Said the Mino. "If it is the rules, then it can't be helped" Added the elf.

"I'm grateful that my members care so much for me." Rue replied. The girls then turned their heads in annoyance.

"At any rate, we're all set for the assignment in Colm. I just wanted to run it by the master if taking Sir Drake along would be acceptable." the young swordsman motioned toward his sparring partner.

"Well, I don't see why it would be a problem. The client didn't specify a limit of people for the mission. I'll just put him do-" The Kikimora was just interrupted by an outburst made by the master himself. Lhogres, who had been sitting in the lobby moments ago, was suddenly hugging Drake by the shoulders, still drinking.

"Drake you son of a *hic* bitch, you still *hic* owe me a drink from last time on the Canak" Said Lhogres, in a liquor-induced stupor. "You always pick up the bill, but your ass is never around when you *hic* owe money!"

"Master! Why do you insist on drinking liquor in the middle of the day!? Stop this foolish behavior this instant!" Barked the receptionist.

"Hah! That's our guild master for ya. I oughta pour myself a shot" Said Sheena, now in a more cheerful mood.

"How did this drunkard become master of this guild?" Giselle moaned. "At this point, we might as well take Sir Drake along without master's consent. I doubt it'd be worth much right now anyway..."
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Remembering the events of Canak river prompted Drake to chuckle along with Ruecian, though he did roll his eyes at the mention of the tip. He then watched with interest as Ricard brought out a card, which turned out to be a medium for the transport spell. The man closed his eyes, feeling the wind whip around them as the spell worked. While it didn't take long to arrive at the guild hall it was a little slower than what Drake was used to. No matter, he wouldn't bring it up any time soon.

Opening his eyes as the spell ended Drake gazed at the guild hall, shaking his head with mirth at the memories. He gave Ricard a nod at his words before the group made their way inside. The mage's words run true, not much had changed other than new members. Drake returned the greetings he received, though the saucy winks he sent back to the more flirty of his greeters certainly turned quite red, he was pleased to see.

Talking with the receptionist wasn't as much of note, mostly the usual. Drake did however express a small sigh before raising a hand and holding it out to his side, just in time to intercept the drunken Guild master's face from slamming into his own. The older warrior had a look that somehow merged amusement and deadpan as Lhogres talked in a drunken slur, barely able to get his arms around the warrior's shoulders. He turned to Giselle.

"Perhaps, though I do have a way to make him a bit more coherent..." Drake's face turned vulpine as the blade across his back started to crackle with electricity. An arc suddenly shot from the sword, through Drake's arm into Lhogres. Nothing truly harmful but certainly enough to get the adrenaline pumping. After the man's spasms ceased Drake's hand was enveloped with a green aura, Rue would recognize it as Drake's brand of healing magic. Once done Drake helped the man steady himself on his feet, only to recieve a punch from the man. Ruecian wouldn't be surprised.

"Do recall last time you were sober I did promise you I'd do this the next time we met if you were drunk." Aside from his head being cocked to the right, he didn't look phased at all from the punch. Straightening out he brushed some dust of his coat before crossing his arms, amusement dancing across his face.

"Introductions aside it is good to see you again Lhogres. The guild looks to have gotten greater over the years since I was here last."
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

"Hmph, and I see you at least still know how to take a punch you old goat." Snapped the guild head as he oriented himself.

Ruecian couldn't help but smile at the scene. It was reminiscent of the first time the two met.

"At any rate, I suppose I should apologize for my being drunk. They say booze is the best medicine for a man's soul. Guess you could say that I took that to heart a little too much." He said as he rubbed his chin.

"Rue, you mentioned something about wanting to bring along Drake for your mission today, correct? Well, I don't see why not. But, allow me to make a few things clear." Lhogres's tone became a tad bit more serious as he collected his thoughts.

"Firstly, while your prowess surpasses that of many, Drake, understand that Ruecian will be the sole one in charge of this mission. You will hold the same rank as his three subordinates, and nothing goes without Ruecian's word. You may, however, act as a guide when the situation calls for it." The master then turned to Rue's three unit members. "Besides that, just imagine Drake as being another member of the team."

The three lower rank members nodded at the words of the master. Lhogres then turned his attention to the unit leader. "Rue, as you now today's mission will have you lead your team to the town of Colm. They want you to investigate a series of strange events - apparently various townsfolk have been disappearing after making their way to the forest on the outskirts. Because of this, the town can't gather enough herbs to make medicine and tend to the sick. Look into it and help in any way you can."

The young swordsman nodded. "Of course, master. I will ensure that my unit do it's utmost to aid these people."

"Very good then, you'll be leaving in 20 minutes. Make sure you have all necessary provisions and equipment before heading out. I expect good things from your team." Master Lhogres gave Ruecian a pat on the back before making his way into the deeper chambers. "When you get back, the drinks are on me!" He said before disappearing from view.

"Alright then. You heard the master, so if there's anything you all need to take care of, I suggest you do it now." Rue directed at his teammates.

"I think it'd be best if I brought some healing herbs and medicine." Said Giselle. "I'll go fetch some."

" Sheena, I imagine you're good to go, since your stud is out of town on business currently." Ruecian said with a jovial tone.

"Bite me!!" Snapped the Mino.

"I have all I need leader. I can go at anytime." Replied Ricard.

"I'd expect nothing less from you Osweld. So, that just leaves you, Drake."
Last edited by Phantom77 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Drake simply chuckled at Lhogres' comment but otherwise listened as the group talked. He did nod at the 'rules' the guild master had placed. He didn't have a problem with it really; wouldn't be the first time Drake followed the lead of another. As for the mission itself the man found it curious, bracing an elbow with one hand and grasping his chin with another. Closing his eyes his mind came up with 2 likely conclusions - bandits or possibly mamono but it seemed more the former. But even that he felt wouldn't fit until they could investigate the area. He tapped his chin while answering his friend.

"I'm of the same thought as Ricard. Speaking of..." he turned to the mage with a thoughtful look. "What kind of spells do you have that can be used to investigate an area? Moreover, might I inquire what your field of specialty lies?"
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

At Drake's inquiry, the young mage closed his notebook and stuffed it into his cloak. He then pulled out a small, blue-colored rectangular case. When he opened it, an entire deck of cards similar to the one he used earlier could be seen.

"To answer your question, Sir Drake, I am a magician that is more commonly known as a Duelist. More specifically, I am one whose utilization of magic stems from the implementation of cards." Ricard then pulls a few cards out from the pouch. While each of them had the same basic layout, each had their own unique insignia marked on them. "Each of my cards have their own unique effect and ability, and be used to accomplish a myriad of tasks."

"Allow me to demonstrate." The card he held up was marked with a constellation of sorts, it glowed a dark blue as he began to invoke its magic. "Gate of the Cosmos! Grant me Heaven's sight!" At his incantation, the card projected what appeared to be a rather accurate overview of the general area. Small lights could be seen moving around the model. "This Cosmos card allows me to project a small model of the area around us. The small lights you see are the representations of people you see walking about. With this it wouldn't to hard to, say, find individuals lurking around in the woods, no?"

Ruecian smirked at the duelist's demonstration. "Not bad, Ricard. I see you've learned to use that card pretty well. The other two tell me that you almost got them lost when you used it in the past."

Ricard dawned an exasperated face before quickly scuffing it out with a clearing of his throat. "Uh, yes well, now that won't happen. I can now use this to display our general location and the layout of any area within feasible distance."

Giselle could be seen making her way back to the group, holding a box of what was more than likely medicine.

"It seems Giselle made her way back. Shall we head on out then?" Rue motioned for his four other members to follow him outside. It was time for them to make their way to Colm.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Seeing the demonstration Drake gazed with clear interest, nodding along the explanations while giving a very analytical look to the small scale model that Ricard's spell wove. Drake had to admit, for the kind of magic it was it was very impressive. His smile held back the chuckle from Rue's ribbing on Ricard, while the mage himself ended the spell once Giselle had returned. Turning to Ruecian he gave a nod and fell into step with him as the group left the guild hall.

"I take it we'll be using another spell to get us close to Colm. Do we have a contact there to speak with to get started?"