Pokemon RP?

Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Pokemon RP?

Post by Nexous »

So, a couple friends, and I were discussing doing a pokemon RP. I've retired from DMing period. I'm sick of people up and abandoning my RPs, however I wanted to bring the Idea up in here. One of my friends is hesitant because he doesn't want to do euro scenes. The other is DMing an RP already. So I'd like to ask for opinions on this matter, as I'm sure most all of us would like to see some new RPs on this site. If the first of the two do do an RP i doubt there will be any euro scenes in it. Unless I can talk him into letting someone take care of those scenes. There is the possibility of someone else hosting the RP, and if he decides to do one himself there could be two. I now open this to discussion.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Data Spirit
Personal Title: Dream Traveller
Favorite Monster Type: N/A

Re: Pokemon RP?

Post by Rezeed »

Would this be a regular Pokemon league? Would it be made up region or an existing one? Would it be using existing gym leaders and elite four or would there be original characters? How is the pokemon system going to work?

Finally, What do you mean by "Euro Scenes"?
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Rezeed wrote:Finally, What do you mean by "Euro Scenes"?
I believe he means "ero scenes".
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

KillMoves wrote:
Rezeed wrote:Finally, What do you mean by "Euro Scenes"?
I believe he means "ero scenes".
yes that, I mean that.
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: the magic scientist fox
Favorite Monster Type: big boobed ones

Post by Fur-man »

I like a pokemon RP (speacley the ero ones example the pokegirls) but like what Rezeed asked

Rezeed sead: "Would this be a regular Pokemon league? Would it be made up region or an existing one? Would it be using existing gym leaders and elite four or would there be original characters? How is the pokemon system going to work?"
ImageImageImage

hay I mite as well be a jack-of-alltrads
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Pokemon RP sounds like a good idea, though I have trouble imagining one as an erotic RP myself.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

It can be done if planned right, whether it be banging the various human characters in Pokemon or as Fur-man said making this into a Pokegirl universe. You could also have it based on Moe-mon or even Touhou-mon if there's to be Ero-scenes.

Also, once things have gotten that far in development, what will be the limits to your team? Aside from not having Legendaries of course. For instance, a hypothetical rule like "players can have no more than 2 pokemon considered Neo-legendaries on their team."

Add to that, will there be a limit to the number of moves a pokemon can use, like the games? Or can that number be upped from ?
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Fur-man wrote:I like a pokemon RP (speacley the ero ones example the pokegirls) but like what Rezeed asked

Rezeed sead: "Would this be a regular Pokemon league? Would it be made up region or an existing one? Would it be using existing gym leaders and elite four or would there be original characters? How is the pokemon system going to work?"
I'm not 100% sure what my friend was planning for it. I do remember he was talking about team Rocket, and Galactic, as well as a new team. As far as Pokegirls go. There would be both Pokemon, and Pokegirls.

Creator_Drake wrote:It can be done if planned right, whether it be banging the various human characters in Pokemon or as Fur-man said making this into a Pokegirl universe. You could also have it based on Moe-mon or even Touhou-mon if there's to be Ero-scenes.

Also, once things have gotten that far in development, what will be the limits to your team? Aside from not having Legendaries of course. For instance, a hypothetical rule like "players can have no more than 2 pokemon considered Neo-legendaries on their team."

Add to that, will there be a limit to the number of moves a pokemon can use, like the games? Or can that number be upped from ?
I'm a simple redneck, an know not those words in red. 6 pokemon teams as usual, and I believe that he had set the limit to 5 moves. No Legendaries, though some NPCs may have some, and only 1 Mega Evolution. When first discussed I think it was originally only one PC could own a pokemon, but that Idea was changes, as it would likely cause fighting.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Nexous wrote:
Creator_Drake wrote:It can be done if planned right, whether it be banging the various human characters in Pokemon or as Fur-man said making this into a Pokegirl universe. You could also have it based on Moe-mon or even Touhou-mon if there's to be Ero-scenes.

I'm a simple redneck, an know not those words in red. 6 pokemon teams as usual, and I believe that he had set the limit to 5 moves. No Legendaries, though some NPCs may have some, and only 1 Mega Evolution. When first discussed I think it was originally only one PC could own a pokemon, but that Idea was changes, as it would likely cause fighting.
Don't worry about it man, both Moemon and Touhoumon are ROM hacks of different Pokemon games to have custom sprites in place of Pokemon. In the case of Touhoumon, as the name states pokemon are replaced by the various characters of Touhou.

We have a thread for it here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=845&p=10147&hilit=Touhoumon#p10147

Moemon on the other hand has all pokemon genderswapped to be female and each sprite is given a more human-like appearance thus making them pokeMONSTER girls as described here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1753&hilit=Moemon

For pokegirls themselves, which kinds will be allowed? Those from the original Prime only, or will some of those from FanficFetishist's Epsilon be allowed? That is of course taking into consideration whether or not FF gives us permission to do so.

Lastly would humanised/antropomorphic pokemon be allowed? This would be an example of an anthro Garchomp: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=640575
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Umm... There's more than meets the eye with moemon and Touhoumon.

There ARE a lot of Touhoumon hacks with actual plot.

Moemon holds the same kind of thing. There are regular ones that use emerald and fire red as a base for plot, but hacks like Moemon Eternal and Moemon Forever do have plot and more generous with available Moemon than in a Pokemon and Touhoumon game.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

True, I've only played 1 game from each so I only know so much. I just used them as a possible example for looks we could use for possible pokegirls in the RP.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

Hi i'm the other friend he was talking about whos DMing. for rezeed we would be traveling through all the regions with two gyms in each region and such i'll not go into full detail thats for our friend to do. not too sure about the pokemon system yet we havent really discussed it mainly talking about how we could incorporate our ideas into a MG RP.
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!

Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Drack »

I'm the other friend who was hesitant about DMing, I haven't been able to post lately, but now that I can I will add my details on the RP. My original plan was to do a Pokemon RP with using the world form the video games going to all the regions because of a Unified Pokemon League with 12 badges; 2 badges in each region with one old Gym Leader and one new custom Gym in each region (Most of the old Gyms would be around to challenge though only as Dojo's) and a single Pokemon League of all former Champions (Ex: Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, ect.) as for the story I was wanting to add a PKMN: World of Chaos style background for those that don't know that would pretty much mean all Wild Pokemon would be feral Dark Pokemon who attack to kill on sight, and are not able to be caught through normal means as even a Master Ball would bounce right off of one (I'm picking this mainly for the challenge, and as a DM I can decide better how fast everyone develops there teams), For bad guys I was really going to put in only Team Rocket and Team Galactic (As I have never really cared for any of the others except Team Plasma.). As for adding Pokegirls, Moe-mon, or Touhou-mon I don't really know anything about any of them and would really only consider adding one of those if it was really demanded. For Pokemon Teams and the Battle System I didn't really want to add any restrictions to teams except no Legendary's and only one Pokemon considered Neo-Legendary, as for the moves I was going to bump the moveset form 4 to 5 just for more options, though I have not worked out a battle system yet...I am open to ideas and criticism.
Rezeed
Sun
Sun

Post by Rezeed »

Personally, I am not that crazy about dark themes, especially in a pokemon setting, but I do have some ideas that may help out. (One of them I left a thread for it.)

For starters, why not make a region of your own. You got almost enough custom gym leaders to pull it off and you can easily have some champions be the elite four or at the very least have one of them be the champion of the region(being a champion doesn't necessarily have to restrict the person to be a champion of one region). It will also save some trouble for people to find means to travel through 6 regions which could be rather complicated and expensive for the trainer since they would only be there for a little bit, suddenly have to leave for the next region, and especially if it's a situation where the Gym Leader may not be available for quite some time which in turn would cause some backtracking.

If the pokemon are feral just to as an attempt to lower the catch rate, then why not have these as alternatives. Having the new region could entail pokeball technology that slightly improves a pokemon's memory to handle 5 moves, but in exchange, the catch rate is half as good as a normal pokeball in other regions.(The Feral part isn't all that necessary since there are pokemon that are territorial and can be violent if they feel it's justified and the situation calls for it. An example is if a pokemon was faced with a situation where they can no longer trust humans). I think having the masterball be failproof is fine since they are extremely rare, and even in the games, it's even possible to go through a playthrough without even seeing one.(For the most part and the times you do, you most likely will only get one.)

If you want death a possibility, why not have the members of these "Teams" be more violent and make it so they would even kill just so they can reach their goals. Heck, team rocket are considered Pokemon Gangsters so it makes sense. You could also have the occasional hostile trainer. Aside from that, those are most of my ideas.

For an encounter and battle system, I do have some Ideas you could try. For the battle system, you could have the DM and the player compete here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

With it, you can have private pokemon battles and have them in character while the damage calculation can be done for you. This may help at the very least and you can place the battle log as part of a DM post.

For an encounter system, I would like to suggest this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2377
It should make it easier to determine what the character bumps into.(Hopefully)
Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Drack »

I do get that a Darker style Pokemon RP might not be popular, so I wasn't really planning on it being extremely dark...just a touch for added story, as I personally find a 'lighter plot' with no real conflict to get dull quickly.
I do like the idea of perhaps a custom region as now that I think about it as much as cool as going to all the regions sounds it would be quite the challenge (though I don't really know how to go about doing that.)
What I meant for the Wild Pokemon that attack to kill was really a part of the plot. (It would start out about 12 years after the crises started all the wild Pokemon turning with the Pokemon world trying to return to a since of normalcy now that technology has been developed to repel the Pokemon from attacking and destroying city's and towns...and the main charterers would travel around and try to find a way to reverse it to return the Pokemon world to the way it was, or at least that was my original thought.) Also, with the ability to capture new Pokemon being nearly impossible that would drive Team Rocket and Team Galactic to be more rash and violent to acquire more Pokemon for there plans even going to war with each other.
The battle system, and encounter system suggested I do find rather helpful.