Our Bizarre Adventure - I Feel Like A Monster (Sign Up/Etc.)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure with Monster Folk Stands

Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Our Bizarre Adventure - I Feel Like A Monster (Sign Up/Etc.)

Post by Drazzimyr »

Title is a reference to Monster by Skillet

So it's no secret that I'm quite the fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Esp. Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders and Steel Ball Run), and since we're a heavily Monster Folk focused forum, I thought the idea of a JJBA/Monster Folk roleplay might prove to be interesting and fun. This topic is a Sign Up, Interest Check and Discussion rolled in one, so feel free to add whatever you feel is relevant and adds to the topic at hand.

So, onto the good bits.
Story: I Feel Like A Monster

The date is October 21, 2024 and the location is Boston, Massachusetts. Everyone is abuzz in anticipation of Halloween/All Hallows Eve/Samhain. Unfortunately, October is the month where the door between worlds tends to open a little more than usual and a crack in reality has brought creatures known as Dross, half-corporeal monsters of darkness, into our reality. These violent beast will attack anyone who can't overpower them indiscriminately. However, their appearance has also caused several individual's Stands to be awakened, these manifested ghostly ripples being the only things that can truly fight these Dross beast. These new Stand users have become split between those who fight against and those who fight alongside the Dross. In the end, who will you stand with.
So, now that you've got the the starting plot of Our Bizarre Adventure: I Feel Like A Monster, let get to the finer details.

-----

Player Rules

1]. The basic rules of roleplaying:
> 1a]. No autohitting: Always hitting your opponent is a no-no.
> 1b]. No autododging: Never getting hit is also a no-no.
> 1c]. No metagaming: Don't use OOC information that your character would not posses.
> 1d]. No controlling other players characters: A basic, mostly because it's a dick move.

2]. One line post are frowned upon, as it stalls the RP. 100 words is the bare minimum word count that I would like for a post and please try not to add any filler. I also encourage you to take as much time as you can to write up a post, the world won't end if you don't post immediately.

3]. Please address any issues and OOC details in this thread. If something is bothering you, don't be afraid to address it.

4]. Any particularly NSFW interactions are to be put in a spoiler.

5]. You are allowed up to two characters in this RP. I don't recommend starting out with both of them, I suggest starting out with one and adding the other character as the RP goes on, but if you believe that you can manage both, feel free.

6]. Please try to interact with other player's characters and limit interaction between your own characters as much as you possibly can. It can stall the roleplay and we don't want that.

7]. I will start after six people have joined (Three against the Dross, three alongside the Dross), more are free to join as this RP goes

8]. Please be civil in this thread and passive-aggressive behavior in the actual RP is not appreciated. Work together to make this RP a fun experience for everyone.

-----

Rules Related To Stands

1]. Your character's Stand must relate in some way to a Monster Folk (Male, female or otherwise) of some sort. What kind is entirely up to you.
2]. Stands must follow the way their statistics are measured.
> 2a]. Only one stat can be rated as an A, two as a B, and the rest must be other measurements within reason
3]. Stands are visible in this instance
4]. You can only have one Stand per user.
5]. If you are damaged, your Stand is damaged
6]. Distance does not weaken a Stand in this RP
7]. A Stand is bound to you as a person
8]. All Stands have a personality in this RP and are fully capable of telepathic speech
9]. You do not immediately start with your Stand, it will be gained within the RP
10]. You are allowed to have a Stand named after a canon one, but it can not be identical to one. (e.g. Your Stand can be named Scary Monster, but it can't be essentially an Monster folk version of Diego Brando's)
11]. I'm not stopping you from having Stands based based on monster folk from other works.

-----

Profile time!

Character Profile

Name: Something creative is nice
Faction: Slayer or Herald
Voice: (Optional) If you have an idea of what your character sounds like, feel free to add it.
Appearance: What your character looks like
Abilities: Any special powers your character gains when your character gains their Stand. Up to two
Personality: How your character acts
Backstory: Details about your character's past

Stand Profile

Stand Name: I recommend following the traditional naming convention of naming Stands after bands/music artists.
Inspiration: What inspired the name of your Stand (if based on a song or a band/artist, please provide a youtube/wikipedia article link)
Voice: (Optional) If you have an idea of what your Stand sounds like, feel free to add it.
Outward Gender: What gender your Stand appears to be
Destructive Power: On an A to E rating
Speed: On an A to E rating
Range: On an A to E rating
Durability/Staying: On an A to E rating
Precision: On an A to E rating
Development Potential/Learning: On an A to E rating
Stand Appearance: What your Stand looks like
Personality of Stand: How you Stand behaves
Abilities: Up to four special abilities besides the regular kicks and punches that your Stand can do. One must have an extended cool down.

-----

Slayers of the Dross (Those who fight against the Dross)

1. Scrapmaster

Heralds of the Dross (Those who fight alongside the Dross)

1. DJ Pon3

-----

Locations

Places that will be visited within the RP. Details will be provided when these areas are visited, but names are provided to give you an idea.

1]. Boston, Massachusetts
2]. New York City, New York
3]. Arkham, Massachusetts
4]. Innsmouth, Massachusetts
5]. The Dreamlands
6]. Solomon Island

-----

So, that's all the details. I will gladly clarify any concerns and questions.
Last edited by Drazzimyr on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Our Bizarre Adventure - I Feel Like A Monster (Sign Up/E

Post by Drazzimyr »

Reserved for my character and Stand.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Hmmm... This one looks promising.
Good luck on this one, I'll be keenly following its development from the sidelines. ^^
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Kaijin wrote:Hmmm... This one looks promising.
Good luck on this one, I'll be keenly following its development from the sidelines. ^^
Well, it'd be interesting to see what you would add if you decides to join. Though I gotta add my own profile soon :/
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

Hello!

i'd like to reserve a character, a slayer of the dross to leave things clear.

Im rather clueless about this universe, while I read about what a stand is and what they do, I don't know one thing...is there an organization of the slayers or are each slayer independent?

Im also thinking about having a stand being really balanced. like mostly C's around all stats, with a few being B...is this allowed?
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Scrapmaster wrote:Hello!

Im rather clueless about this universe, while I read about what a stand is and what they do, I don't know one thing...is there an organization of the slayers or are each slayer independent?

Im also thinking about having a stand being really balanced. like mostly C's around all stats, with a few being B...is this allowed?
Alright, I reserve you a spot and add a link when you post your profile.

Since the Slayers of The Dross are unique to this RP, they're more of a loose grouping than an actual organization.

Balanced stats are fine, but keep the Bs to just two in stats.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Drazzimyr wrote:
Scrapmaster wrote:Hello!

Alright, I reserve you a spot and add a link when you post your profile.

Since the Slayers of The Dross are unique to this RP, they're more of a loose grouping than an actual organization.

Balanced stats are fine, but keep the Bs to just two in stats.
Thx for the quick reply man ;)

I'll be sure to keep on two stats maybe destructive power and durability. or speed, I dunno, will see.

I already got my stand figured out ;) just gonna think about my character's backstory.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Do we need to have knowledge of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to properly participate?
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

KillMoves wrote:Do we need to have knowledge of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to properly participate?
No proper knowledge needed. The basic plot of the manga/anime is basically "The Joestar family line fighting the supernatural throughout history," so that's all you need to really know.

I suggest looking up on the wiki on Stands and and taking a read on a few of the character's profiles just to get a feel of the universe.
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: The best damn DJ in the land.
Favorite Monster Type: 1: Dragon 2: Enchidna 3: Lamia

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Reserving for my Character and Stand (Herald)
I will fill it out periodically.
Spoiler: show
Character Profile

Name: Iziac Vezzian
Faction: Herald
Voice: Smooth, generally sarcastic.
Appearance: Ear-length dusty-blonde hair, faded green eyes, 5"7', 134lbs, what seems to be a snake-like tattoo curves it's way around his left arm. Semi-pale complexion, fairly soft skin. His clothes normally consist of black jeans, a blue long-sleeve T-shirt, and beaten black and green sneakers.
Abilities: Toxic Wounds - Your blood is laced with powerful venom that you yourself are immune to. Blood that gets splattered on other entities will soak into their skin, and infect them with fast-acting paralysis poison.
Poison Immunity - Having spent so much time around toxic chemicals and creatures, you have a complete resistance to all types of poison.
Personality:Very emotional, very paranoid. Constantly talks to himself, often switching posture or positions as he does, almost as if there's more than one of him talking. He also tends to be very unstable when dealing with enemies, acting rather psychopathic, with the intention of striking fear first to avoid direct combat.
Backstory: Iziac had a strange upbringing, being the son of a near-psychopathic pharmacist. His mother was constantly playing around with chemicals and plants and critters she'd found at pet shops or in the wilderness. The home he grew up in never had any less than 20 snakes inside at any given minute. His father was deceased, apparently death by a fatal poison that he'd contracted from a particularly dangerous venomous snake, some months before he was born. It was apparently after his father's death, and after his birth, that Iziac's mother began to fervently play with toxic chemicals and poisons, convinced that she would be able to find a cure to the snake's venom, and with it, an anti-poison for death itself, convinced she'd be able to bring back her husband through her devoted research. Iziac's mother payed little attention to him, though he always had somewhere to eat and sleep. One could say it was mainly the other inhabitants of the town he grew up in that raised him. However, not every person was interested in his personal growth, and would occasionally abuse his child-like innocence for their own gain. In the end of these transgressions though, Iziac always found out what was going, and after multiple times of it happening, became paranoid of people he didn't know. He'd constantly talk to himself, trying to dispute the possible outcomes or intentions of almost any given thing between himself, as though social combat was raging around in his own head.

Stand Profile

Stand Name: Toxic
Inspiration: Toxic - Britney Spears
Voice: Lower-pitched female, scornful most of the time, contemptuous as well.
Outward Gender: Female
Destructive Power: D
Speed: A
Range: E
Durability/Staying: D
Precision: A
Development Potential/Learning: C
Stand Appearance: Dark brown waist-length hair, bright emerald green eyes, 5"11', 155lbs. Her hair only falls behind her, and her bangs only reach shoulder length. There are two snake-like tattos that are constantly shifting across her body.
Personality of Stand: Toxic tends to live up to her name-sake, her words rare, but venom-filled when they are spoken. She generally tries to avoid talking with most anyone, be them people, or other Stands. Her scornful additude however mostly subsides when dealing with Iziac, who is almost like a younger brother.
Abilities: 1 - (Active) Venom Coats the Skin - Toxic coats her skin an a potentially fatal array of poisonous substances, reflexively being able to change between the poison being used. The poison is applied through physical contact with Toxic. A stack is applied for every separate instance of contact/every two seconds of prolonged contact. This last for five minutes.
-----Paralysis: This poison acts much as its name would suggest. The more of it that is contracted, the more numb the afflicted will feel their body begin to go. Each stack numbs the body 3%, up to a maximum of 90%. Each stack lasts up to 30 seconds, and the time resets and stacks as a new stack is applied.
-----Bane: This poison acts as an immune system killer. The more this poison is applied, the more susceptible the afflicted is to other poisons or afflictions. Each stack contributes a -5% debuff.
-----Eater: This poison acts as a quick-acting damage toxin. Every stack spreads the toxin faster, the damage getting more severe as it spreads. Each stack will deal 2% of the afflicted's current health every 20 seconds for a minute.
2 - (Passive) Resistance is Futile - Toxic's presence alone is enough to make the body's immune system falter and suffer. All entities within 3 yards of Toxic have their immune systems weakened to all types of poison and afflictions, with the minimum rating being a -10%, and the maximum rating being -50%, relative to distance.
3 - (Cooldown) Flawing Immunity - Once per three days, Toxic can make a single entity's resistance to all poisons and afflictions a base of -50%, which stacks with other negative resistance debuffs. This is inconspicuous, and how it's done, only she knows or notices.
4 - (Cooldown) Lethal Infusion - Once a day, Toxic can afflict an entity with a life-threatening poison through physical contact. When deciding to do this, she chooses a hand to use as the vessel of the toxin. Her veins turn a sickly neon green, and her hand slightly distorts with the bubbling venom. When injected, the poison will do 3% of the entity's maximum HP every 45 minutes for 24 hours. This is considered a serious health affliction, with only supernatural cures able to get rid of it.
Last edited by DJ Pon3 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Do I have to get my Bass Cannon, or will you be good?"
War is good. It stimulates the economy for both sides taking part in it; and as long as there's demand, I'll have a supply!
Naa, war is boring. There's never any good music made about war.
You realize I'm a merchant...not a DJ, right?
Oh, that's what you're doing wrong! I knew it was something, couldn't quite tell what.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

@DJ Pon3 - Added you to the list. I'll add a link when your profile is done.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Hello

I have another question. when you learn more about honing your stands power, you gain another ability? or do your stand gaing more power as in: a stat of it increases?

because I couldn't really find any information regarding that on stands :^^;:

Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

Scrapmaster wrote:Hello

I have another question. when you learn more about honing your stands power, you gain another ability? or do your stand gaing more power as in: a stat of it increases?

because I couldn't really find any information regarding that on stands :^^;:
That's something unique the the RP. Something like an increase in endurance or healing or something along those lines.
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

So I got a question...will we be going into the RP with our Stands already part of our character and such, and fighting for their respective sides (Thus, meaning that the Stand would obviously be included in the background of the character.) or will we be starting before getting our Stands, and acquire them shortly?
War is good. It stimulates the economy for both sides taking part in it; and as long as there's demand, I'll have a supply!
Oh, that's what you're doing wrong! I knew it was something, couldn't quite tell what.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

I also have another question, Im trying to make a balanced stand as I have said before, is it finei if my stand have one A and only one B but the rest of the stats being C?

sacrificing being good at an extra stat to be average at all of them, or should I sacrifice the A?

Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

@DJ Pon3 - We don't start with them immediately, but we acquire them shortly into the RP

@Scrapmaster - You can only have one A stat and up to two B stats. You should be fine if you wanna sacrifices using the A stat though, no worries.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Drazzimyr wrote:@DJ Pon3 - We don't start with them immediately, but we acquire them shortly into the RP

@Scrapmaster - You can only have one A stat and up to two B stats. You should be fine if you wanna sacrifices using the A stat though, no worries.

thx, its just that I was afraid If I didn't have an A i'd get demolished by others who do.
I need to think a bit more about it before I do it though.

and the abilities we get when we awaken our stand, are they like passive-like abilities? like enhanced reflexes and such? would having a healing factor make sense after the stand is awakened?

Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

@Scrapmaster - Yesh, nothing all that active.
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Actually...loking at my sheet now... I believe that it's ready for review. Please, take a look, and tell me if anything needs to be changed.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Drazzimyr »

DJ Pon3 wrote:Actually...loking at my sheet now... I believe that it's ready for review. Please, take a look, and tell me if anything needs to be changed.
Very interesting, a few issues though: You didn't fill out the precision stat and beyond your very basic description, I'd like a little more detail in your character's appearance. That also applies to your Stand's appearance, something unique and not a picture. Also, a unique choice in song, so thumbs up to that.