Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Length of Post.

Post by Pierce »

With a tinge of curiosity, how much do you normally write up in a single post in an RP? That's all I've to ask.
I do an average of a paragraph or two with third person perspective like a novel, it also makes it easy for story conversion.

How about you all?
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Length of Post.

Post by Flare »

I do short ones myself, mostly because I like leaving minor details up to the reader.

Course, I also think the medium being used has to be considered as well.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Azrael
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Historian Mad Nut Head
Favorite Monster Type: Echidna, Lamia, Ryu
Location: Deep in a large underground home making untold mad creations

Post by Azrael »

What difference does it make, if you limit yourself to the bare minium can lead to multiple interpretations from the reader which can cause confusion depending on what you say or limit to, as well as see other rpers of "Not Contributing" to the RP Experience since if this is a group RP you can be see either as giving a bare experience and a message of "not showing the effort or care for the RP itself." Then again if you go too much into a RP post it can really bore the reader and also make the other RPers feel that they are not doing enough to contribute and make them a little down.

Personally if you just explain what is going on but explain in quite detail with some minor details included which can help give the reader a clearer picture they can fully picture what the RP is about. Other things like essays of replies feel like book sections or statements like "Jackie went to see the disturbance outside of his home" as all that would contain for a reply would be a waste of time to read and show a lack of RP experience because some Rpers are there to have a great adventure and will get seriously depressed to see a single sentence response.
Evil!? Meee!?...no! no I will not accept that, we are conditioned simply to survive, we can only survive by becoming the only dominant species. When all other lifeforms have been suppressed when we are the only dominant race in the universe. Then we shall have peace, wars will end.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I'd try to work with the person(s) I was RPing with. I had given looooong replies to people and we actually mirrored in length. It was fun. On the other hand I've done 1-3 replies to people as well and still had fun. I'm just versatile I guess. When I RPed the way the people liked to, it would make it more fun. There just has to be some guidelines established between parties imo if they want a smooth RP. Otherwise the two sides may be unhappy or as Az says, feel cheated.

Oh, I retired from RP a while ago if wondering. I never could get into it.
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Deus Ex Epsilon
Favorite Monster Type: All Epsilon Pokegirls
Location: In the background of Epsilon, building the world bit by bit

Post by Fanfic Fetishist »

I write as much as the response I'm writing requires. No more, no less.
Check out Pokegirls Epsilon!:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
http://www.f-list.net/c/fanfic%20fetishist/
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Mini Ramble/Rant Incoming. Hold onto something.

I tend to 1-4 sentences at best. I refuse to measure post length by lines. This is a bad topic for me as I personally have dealt with people on other sites that look down at others who can't post mini fanfics for their posts. I don't post big mainly because I'm not good with typing long posts. I also find wall of text post to be really boring due to all the useless details thrown in 90% of the time. Background stuff is good for setting up the RP but not every little thing about the area needs to be known.