Zauberheim World Information/OOC Thread

For dicussions, questions, suggestions, etc.

Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Zauberheim World Information/OOC Thread

Post by Phantom77 »

As the title suggests, this will be the thread will act as the OOC thread for the Kingdom of Magic RP. In addition to being used by members of the RP to discussion any information that requires them to be out of character, I will also be providing general information about the world present in the RP.

Since this is sort of a rough draft for the setting, it will be updated with time. At any rate, here's a rough layout of the kingdom:
greater_kingdom_map.jpg
As for locations of interest:

Zauberheim Grand Palace
The home of the royal family. It is a large, exquisite palace, admired for its radiance and majesty. The palace shines with an white aura that is said to glisten in the Sun's rays. It's roof peaks are a deep blue that shine like sapphires. It is located in the northernmost section of the inner city, and it is here that the Royal family makes their home. Outside of the High Council and Royal Knights, only those proven worth may even stand near the Grand Palace. Even some of the higher nobles may have to wait days to seek audience with the King.

Radiant Cathedral
As the name would suggest, this place is well known for its brilliance and regal aura. It is here that the High Council, along with the Royal family, conduct the political workings of the kingdom. There are nine seats in the meeting hall of the cathedral, seven for the High Council members and two for the King and Queen. The seven High Council members are the currents heads of the highest ranking noble families in the Kingdom, save the priest who cured the plague years ago. At this location there is also the Great Table where the highest ranking knight officials congregate. This place is the shining symbol of law within the Kingdom.

The other members of the High Council will be revealed at a later time.

Seraph Academy
The Seraph Academy is the most Prestigious magic school in the entire kingdom. Only those who come from rich families or show amazing prowess may be enrolled here. The has a large and grand campus, nearly rivaling the Radiant Cathedral. While it is a school dealing with the teachings of sorcery and alchemy, it is also a renowned combat school. Students there are able to learn various martial arts and weapons training. It is after all, one the most well known academic institutes that powerful mage knights arise from. Every year there is a festival held in the Kingdom to celebrate the graduating class of the academy. Part of the festival is a tournament held between the top graduating students. The tournament is a 32 contestant five-round competition set in the arena on the school grounds. Those who do well in the tournament are rewarded with various privileges and prizes, such as money and status increase. Any student who wins is guaranteed a spot in the Royal Knights squadron. On a side note, sometimes officials like to invite outside "special opponents" to participate in the event. This is because they sometimes feel it's nice to let students see what it's like to fight opponents with real combat experience.

Zauberheim Magical R&D Facility
This place is where various sages and magic scholars study and develop new magical codecs in order to improve the quality of sorcery and life in the Kingdom. It is also affiliated with the Royal Library, as some of the codecs available to the public are accessible through the library. One notable individual of this place is Tibrus Heatherman.

Royal Library
This is the Kingdom's great library. It holds thousands of books and writings, ranging from ancient codecs to modern grimoires, for people to read and learn from. It should be noted that this is a private institution, it's not available to the whole public. Only noble families and students of Seraph Academy may checkout texts and utilize services within the wall of the library. Other members of the general populace utilize various public libraries in order to view magical texts.

Luminous Citadel
A small castle that holds a strong presence hear in Zauberheim. Most notably it is where warriors in service to the kingdom are bestowed upon one of the greatest ranks, the title of "Arcknight". Arcknights are the strongest warriors in the kingdom, being highly recognized and revered. There are four Arcknights who lead the Royal Guard, with the head of them having the title of, "Paladin". This is where the Royal Guard will be stationed in times of peril. The Citadel was named Luminous in honor of Akarui Seijin, who's shining example of charisma and valor during the days of Reinhardt's father were forever chronicled within it's sacred walls. The records of the Lost Daemon Crusades are also written here.

Still more to come
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it. Feel free to discuss any questions or suggestions you have about the RP here. They may be more information in the future, as previously stated, so stay tuned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Phantom77 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Bozo
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: The Wandering Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Only One. I'm Not Telling You.

Re: Zauberheim World Information/OCC Thread

Post by Bozo »

I'm surprised there aren't any embassies.

A Knight's Errant travels the long road. He does not know where it will take him. Yet, while evil still reigns, there is no rest for him beneath the skies, nor peace at any board or bed.
Nick115
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Historian.
Favorite Monster Type: None anyone who says i do dies

Post by Nick115 »

Whats that to the east?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Your Heros are their monsters, and your heaven is their hell, and vice versa, but to me, you're all wrong, and you will forever be wrong as long as you see the world in black and white.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Nick115 wrote:Whats that to the east?
Likely either a planned expansion for the kingdom or a type of training ground.

Very thorough with the information given so far, be cool to see what else is in the kingdom. :goodjob:
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

It could work as part of the arena for the tournament ya know? it certainly has enough space, but then again, maybe not.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: The best damn DJ in the land.
Favorite Monster Type: 1: Dragon 2: Enchidna 3: Lamia

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Heh, it's where Ventreus makes his spells. Because motes are volatile. xD No I'm kidding. Kind of...
"Do I have to get my Bass Cannon, or will you be good?"
War is good. It stimulates the economy for both sides taking part in it; and as long as there's demand, I'll have a supply!
Naa, war is boring. There's never any good music made about war.
You realize I'm a merchant...not a DJ, right?
Oh, that's what you're doing wrong! I knew it was something, couldn't quite tell what.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

so DJ, the coin he game to the Ghost of Arcana, it's basically like a credit card huh?
Last edited by hothead1021 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

hothead1021 wrote:so DJ, the coin he game to the Ghost of Arcadia, it's basically like a credit card huh?
Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure what you wanted me to do with it, so I went with the VIP treatment coin. :^^;: Hope that's okay.
War is good. It stimulates the economy for both sides taking part in it; and as long as there's demand, I'll have a supply!
Oh, that's what you're doing wrong! I knew it was something, couldn't quite tell what.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

I think all out side participants into the tournament are given these coins, mine will be different from it, in fact, I kind of forgot how it looks like.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

DJ Pon3 wrote:
hothead1021 wrote:so DJ, the coin he game to the Ghost of Arcadia, it's basically like a credit card huh?
Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure what you wanted me to do with it, so I went with the VIP treatment coin. :^^;: Hope that's okay.
The VIP coin works fine. But the actual purpose of the coin that Drake, Scrap, and I came up with were that the coins represent our placement in the tournament. I was supposed to get the sun coin while Drake and Scrap get the skull and moon coins, respectively. I suppose you can just say that your character doesn't necessarily know that and I can just make an NPC who confirms this.

Hey Hothead, its "Ghost of Arcana" not "Ghost of Arcadia" :^^;:
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

sorry bout that i was a little out of it @.@

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

DJ Pon3 wrote:Heh, it's where Ventreus makes his spells. Because motes are volatile. xD No I'm kidding. Kind of...
That actually could work. Expect not just for your OC but for the R&D in general. They'll use it as a testing ground for new spells and magical effects, and your OC is sometimes asked to come there as a supervisor or a lead tester. If you want of course.

Also I was thinking that the forest to the south could be used as the training ground for the Academy students. In addition, perhaps there could be a place in the Luminous Citadel set aside for the tournament? Maybe on the roof, you think? Given what I've already written about the location it would make sense.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Zauberheim World Information/OOC Thread

Post by Scrapmaster »

The luminous citadel would work pretty well as an arena for the tournament, I though it would be on the Academy itself where it would be the tournament but if its on the citadel then its even better, well as long as there is enough space for the matches then it will be great.

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Scrapmaster wrote:The luminous citadel would work pretty well as an arena for the tournament, I though it would be on the Academy itself where it would be the tournament but if its on the citadel then its even better, well as long as there is enough space for the matches then it will be great.
So long as there is enough space for the contenders sure. An odd but interesting spell that popped into my head the other was like a surveillance/scrying spell that could be placed on a large wall or even surface.

Basically the magical equivalent of live television. Which could be mixed in with the seals, sigils and barriers in place around the battlefield which is used to prevent stray spells from flying off and hitting anyone outside the field.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but would anyone be interested in hearing about the throwing potions that Seth can make? If so that would allow me to get opinion on them, for balance and such. Another reason for sharing them is because I don't want people to think I'm "cheating" by always having a potion for the situation.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

Oersted wrote:I've been meaning to ask this for a while but would anyone be interested in hearing about the throwing potions that Seth can make? If so that would allow me to get opinion on them, for balance and such. Another reason for sharing them is because I don't want people to think I'm "cheating" by always having a potion for the situation.
If you would like to go into detail about it, feel free to update your character's profile and add it in. We'll look over it and give you feedback on it. Nothing wrong with wanting to balance a character.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Oersted wrote:I've been meaning to ask this for a while but would anyone be interested in hearing about the throwing potions that Seth can make? If so that would allow me to get opinion on them, for balance and such. Another reason for sharing them is because I don't want people to think I'm "cheating" by always having a potion for the situation.

As long aa you dont throw any nuke its alright, samw rule as word play as in no really powerdul explosives, at least only if it takes some time to use it.

DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Creator_Drake wrote:
Scrapmaster wrote:The luminous citadel would work pretty well as an arena for the tournament, I though it would be on the Academy itself where it would be the tournament but if its on the citadel then its even better, well as long as there is enough space for the matches then it will be great.
So long as there is enough space for the contenders sure. An odd but interesting spell that popped into my head the other was like a surveillance/scrying spell that could be placed on a large wall or even surface.

Basically the magical equivalent of live television. Which could be mixed in with the seals, sigils and barriers in place around the battlefield which is used to prevent stray spells from flying off and hitting anyone outside the field.
Almost sounds like something Ventreus made...almost. Not quite eccentric enough. Make the viewers able to smell the landscapes, and burning flames of magic, and the blood of the losers, and then it sounds like something he made.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

Phantom77 wrote:If you would like to go into detail about it, feel free to update your character's profile and add it in. We'll look over it and give you feedback on it. Nothing wrong with wanting to balance a character.
Well, instead of going back and forth to edit things I'll post the list here, when and if I get the OK I'll edit it in Seth's profile, okay?

List of throwing potions
Smokebomb - A basic mixture that creates a cloud of thick smoke that obscures sight and may cause those caught in it to start coughing, the cloud dissipates after a few moments.

Firebomb - Mixture of volatile ingredients that bursts into flames when agitated. While not especially big the flames keep burning for a few seconds before running out of fuel.

Acid Bottle - A special liquid that is highly corrosive to metal, but has no effect on flesh. Mainly used to damage weapons and armors worn by the target.

Itching Powder - A rather simple mixture that causes nearly unbearable itching when it makes contact with bare skin and often causes those affected by it to stop whatever they were doing to scratch themselves, this mixture breaks down in water and thus applying a wet cloth to the itchy spot is enough to stop the effect.

Madness Extract - A variant of the smokebomb that explodes into a pale mist containing a fine powder that causes severe dizziness that lasts between 3 to 5 minutes once inhaled, the powder loses effectiveness and becomes harmless when exposed to water.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

Oersted wrote:
Phantom77 wrote:If you would like to go into detail about it, feel free to update your character's profile and add it in. We'll look over it and give you feedback on it. Nothing wrong with wanting to balance a character.
Well, instead of going back and forth to edit things I'll post the list here, when and if I get the OK I'll edit it in Seth's profile, okay?

List of throwing potions
Smokebomb - A basic mixture that creates a cloud of thick smoke that obscures sight and may cause those caught in it to start coughing, the cloud dissipates after a few moments.

Firebomb - Mixture of volatile ingredients that bursts into flames when agitated. While not especially big the flames keep burning for a few seconds before running out of fuel.

Acid Bottle - A special liquid that is highly corrosive to metal, but has no effect on flesh. Mainly used to damage weapons and armors worn by the target.

Itching Powder - A rather simple mixture that causes nearly unbearable itching when it makes contact with bare skin and often causes those affected by it to stop whatever they were doing to scratch themselves, this mixture breaks down in water and thus applying a wet cloth to the itchy spot is enough to stop the effect.

Madness Extract - A variant of the smokebomb that explodes into a pale mist containing a fine powder that causes severe dizziness that lasts between 3 to 5 minutes once inhaled, the powder loses effectiveness and becomes harmless when exposed to water.
Your potions are balanced and quite variable. I see no problems with them. They have my approval. Of course, Scrap and Drake need to have their say as well.