Zauberheim World Information/OOC Thread

For dicussions, questions, suggestions, etc.

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Re: Zauberheim World Information/OOC Thread

Post by Creator_Drake »

I've given them a look and I find no issues with them, so they get my pass as well.
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: The best damn DJ in the land.
Favorite Monster Type: 1: Dragon 2: Enchidna 3: Lamia

Post by DJ Pon3 »

While my opinion may not completely matter, as someone who strives for character balance, I find these potions to be perfectly fine, if not a tad bit underpowered even.

Interesting Fact: It's not quite 42...but close enough! There are actually 40 different types of motes present within the world. While Ventreus only knows the properties of 14 of these, he knows that there are at least more than 20 different types of motes. All of them are listed below.
Spoiler: show
Air, Blood, Chemical, Death, Decay, Earth, Energy, Ethereal, Fate, Fire, Force, Gem, Gravity, Holy, Ice, Life, Light, Lightning, Lunar, Mass, Metal, Planer, Polarity, Primordial Air, Primordial Darkness, Primordial Earth, Primordial Fire, Primordial Light, Shadow, Primordial Water, Primordial Wood, Sinister, Solar, Sound, Spirit, Thought, Time, Void, Water, Wood
EDIT: Well I alphabetized them. Cus why not?
Last edited by DJ Pon3 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Do I have to get my Bass Cannon, or will you be good?"
War is good. It stimulates the economy for both sides taking part in it; and as long as there's demand, I'll have a supply!
Naa, war is boring. There's never any good music made about war.
You realize I'm a merchant...not a DJ, right?
Oh, that's what you're doing wrong! I knew it was something, couldn't quite tell what.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

Primordial elements eh? now thats intriguing :nerd: I wonder what factors into primordial
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

DJ Pon3 wrote:While my opinion may not completely matter, as someone who strives for character balance, I find these potions to be perfectly fine, if not a tad bit underpowered even.

Interesting Fact: It's not quite 42...but close enough! There are actually 40 different types of motes present within the world. While Ventreus only knows the properties of 14 of these, he knows that there are at least more than 20 different types of motes. All of them are listed below.
Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Sinister, Holy, Light, Shadow, Thought, Lightning, Gem, Ice, Spirit, Ethereal, Planer, Solar, Lunar, Fate, Chemical, Blood, Decay, Death, Life, Wood, Gravity, Time, Sound, Polarity, Metal, Energy, Mass, Void, Force, Primordial Fire, Primordial Earth, Primordial Wood, Primordial Air, Primordial Water, Primordial Darkness, Primordial Light
As Scrap said, this is interesting. Which 14 of these does Allo know?
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Creator_Drake wrote:
DJ Pon3 wrote:While my opinion may not completely matter, as someone who strives for character balance, I find these potions to be perfectly fine, if not a tad bit underpowered even.

Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Sinister, Holy, Light, Shadow, Thought, Lightning, Gem, Ice, Spirit, Ethereal, Planer, Solar, Lunar, Fate, Chemical, Blood, Decay, Death, Life, Wood, Gravity, Time, Sound, Polarity, Metal, Energy, Mass, Void, Force, Primordial Fire, Primordial Earth, Primordial Wood, Primordial Air, Primordial Water, Primordial Darkness, Primordial Light
As Scrap said, this is interesting. Which 14 of these does Allo know?
Ventreus knows the five basic elements of Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Wood. The two sub-elements of Ice and Lightning. The two harmonic elements of Shadow and Light. The two kinetic elements of Force and Polarity. The two chaotic elements of Sinister and Decay. And the Spiritual element of Thought.

Interesting Fact: He's looking for...well...we don't know.. Ventreus, despite what most might think because of his powerful yet strange ability, is not in the pursuit of ultimate power. His main goal in life is to find a way to make others see and witness motes in the same way he does; so they can see the splendor of magic in every form. His secondary goal is to catalog and describe every mote that there is, however he worries that the list might be too long for him to complete.
War is good. It stimulates the economy for both sides taking part in it; and as long as there's demand, I'll have a supply!
Oh, that's what you're doing wrong! I knew it was something, couldn't quite tell what.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

From what i know about primordial in english meaning since in portuguese it has a diferent one, is that Primordial means "first ever done" and "original" meaning these primordial motes are motes that relate to the pure version of the elements? by purest I mean the orignal element without any change.
I get it right? welp since magic gets constantly changed and enhanced with each user and wielder, it would be extremely rare to find a "primordial mote"

also shadow and dark are actually two different things, while both are a different version of Darkness, shadow magic is focused more on controlling...well...shadows and utilizing shadowy magic for offensive and whatnot, as Dark can be used as a way to mimick Fire,Lightning,Earth,Water and Wind and add its own spin to it, it can also be uniquely used in its own form, but the enchancement of other elements with it are what makes it hard to master and control.
at least thats what most RPGs would have you believe

Meaning of primordial in Portuguese: well in Portuguese it means "necessary" aspect needed to do whatever it is that you are going to do, pretty much something you can't do without, like the human heart for example, being primordial (in portuguese meaning) to our life.

also what exactly would your character think about my character's motes? im interested now (take into consideration his backstory in the other thread) im just curious, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Scrapmaster wrote:From what i know about primordial in english meaning since in portuguese it has a diferent one, is that Primordial means "first ever done" and "original" meaning these primordial motes are motes that relate to the pure version of the elements? by purest I mean the orignal element without any change.
I get it right? welp since magic gets constantly changed and enhanced with each user and wielder, it would be extremely rare to find a "primordial mote"

also shadow and dark are actually two different things, while both are a different version of Darkness, shadow magic is focused more on controlling...well...shadows and utilizing shadowy magic for offensive and whatnot, as Dark can be used as a way to mimick Fire,Lightning,Earth,Water and Wind and add its own spin to it, it can also be uniquely used in its own form, but the enchancement of other elements with it are what makes it hard to master and control.
at least thats what most RPGs would have you believe

Meaning of primordial in Portuguese: well in Portuguese it means "necessary" aspect needed to do whatever it is that you are going to do, pretty much something you can't do without, like the human heart for example, being primordial (in portuguese meaning) to our life.

also what exactly would your character think about my character's motes? im interested now (take into consideration his backstory in the other thread) im just curious, you don't have to do it if you don't want to.
Yeah, I'm using the English definition of primordial, meaning original or pure. They are quite rare, but they do exist, and they are the most powerful of the 40 types.
And I'm aware of darkness and shadow being different. I was actually concerned with this when making the list, as I thought putting darkness and light would set too much instilled power into them. So I went with shadow, which in terms of motes, is like the wayline between darkness and gray. Normal light is the line between primordial light and gray. So it's like...dusk and dawn, in a different term.
On a scale such as this:
|---------|----------|---------|----------|----------|---------|
The green line is considered the gray area, where light and darkness mix. The first black line to the left is shadow, the blue line is darkness, and the far left black line is Primordial Darkness. The first black line to the right would be twilight, but that's basically shadow anyway, so both of them are grouped into shadow. So the actual mote of shadow can be used as both Shadow and Twilight. The red line would be light, and the far right lien would be primordial light.

As for your character, that's something you'll have to find out. :^^v:

Interesting Fact: Don't do Decay. - Ventreus has a special place in his heart reserved specifically for the purpose of hating the motes of Decay. While in school, he came across motes of decay while his class was being taught about necromancy and why it was frowned upon generally. On a 'field trip' to one of the city's graveyards, he found motes of death, spirit, and decay. Knowing he wouldn't have time to study all of them, he chose one and began screwing around with it instead of listening to his instructor. Suffice to say, the mote he was playing with was deceptively powerful, and with a wrong touch, the mote exploded in streamers of sickly purple streams that apparently only he could see wrap around another students hand. Not ten seconds had passed before that student was crying out in pain and suffering as the teacher rushed to do something. The student's hand has started to decay away as the flesh and muscles began to die and fall off like melted iron. The decay started in his hand and began to creep its way up his arm, but was stopped there when the teacher had no other choice than to remove the student's forearm in one fell swoop. To this day, no one is aware of what happened that day, and that student has graduated and is still alive somewhere in the city. Ventreus refuses to talk about that day when questioned.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Ouch. Yeah, I could see a very special place for hatred of decay motes.

Here's a random question, what would heat-death or entropy be classified as in terms of motes? A certain pattern?
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

Just some general information regarding the fighting style of Akarui Seijin, and for those of you who don't know my character as well (As Akarui is his master). Check it out if you feel like it. Since I plan to write Akarui into the story, I believe the RPers should know what my character and Akarui can do. Feel free to give feedback if you find a problem with it.
Teikoku Arashi – ryū: (Imperial Storm Sword Style)

The Teikoku-Arashi – ryū is an ancient style of kenjustu and arcane magic developed in Zipangu by a man named Seijin, who later became the style’s first master. Since then, there have been eight other masters, and each master inherits the surname of Seijin. The techniques and secrets of the art are kept only between master and student. After the student masters all of the techniques and abilities of Teikoku Arashi, the final part of their training involves them fighting their master in single combat. If they are victorious they will become the new master and inherit all of the secrets of the style. The current master of this style is Akarui Seijin, who is famous for lending his power to assist the former King of Zauberheim, Reinhardt’s late father. The code of the style involves the protection of morality and the peace of all peoples. It only takes the side of one who wishes to unite all people.

The techniques of Teikoku Arashi mainly focus on utilizing blinding speed and powerful offensive spells in order to augment destructive power. It imploys the use of iaijutsu However, it also involves the use of runes and glyphs to further strengthen the body and mana energy. However, if one is not in peak physical condition, overuse of the techniques can have very negative effects on the body over time.

List of techniques:

Dance of the Rain Serpent – The user assumes an iaijutsu stance and then promptly vanishes using blinding speed. Then the opponent is subject to be viciously attacked by a flurry of water dragons. The dragons are caused by the magical sword strikes being implemented by the user. The size of water dragons vary depending on how much magical energy is put into the technique. The sheer speed of the attack makes it hard to dodge. One must be very maneuverable and skilled in defensive tactics in order to prepare for it.

Gale’s Fang – The user draws their blade from the sheath with incredible speed, back with powerful wind magic. This sends the target flying into the air and makes it hard to recover. The user then jumps into the air above them and delivers a powerful slash, passing them on the way down. This technique has a few variants. It is possible for someone to block the wind enough to prevent being blown into the air, however it still may be strong enough to knock a person off balance.

Gale’s Fang: Lightning Flash – The technique starts out just like the base Gale’s Fang, but instead of jumping after the opponent, the user cast lightning magic around the wind gust. This creates a small storm-like attack that leaves the target with electric burns.

Gale’s Fang: Snowstorm: The startup of this variant involves using ice magic to augment the initial wind gust. Then, jumping at the opponent, the user unleashes a barrage of slashes. All the while the user’s blade is coated with wintry mana.

Water Dragon Flash – The user cloaks themselves in a coat of water and charges at the foe with a powerful single slash. The water cloak’s appearance can be compared to a serpent swimming through the sea. This attack while powerful is risky because it is very straight-forward.

Water Dragon Flash: Whirlwind – This variant of the base technique involves the user implementing a whirling motion that throws the opponent’s perception off. The motion adds to the power of the slash and it can also be used to dodge attacks in certain situations.

Serpent Fang Triple Slash – This technique calls upon the blinding speed associated with the Teikoku Arashi – ryū. The user charges at the opponent with full force in a single direction. Then as the opponent prepares for the user’s attack, the user suddenly splits into three targets that come at the opponent from different angles. Then, the user delivers three simultaneous strikes and the afterimages vanish without a trace.

Rainy Dance of the Triple Fangs – A combination of the Dance of the Rain Serpent and Serpent Fang Triple Slash. The attack starts out like the Triple Slash, with the user charging at the opponent. Then the user splits into three images at the last moment before striking. Then, each of the three copies performs Dance of the Rain Serpent on the target. This technique is more effective against multiple enemies despite the power being lessened as the energy of the attack is dispersed, as using it against only one opponent wastes much movement and mana. However, the damage dealt to one target can be devastating.

Ice Dragon Pelting Fang – The user creates several ice spears to hurl at the opponent. Their size can vary and the user can control their trajectory, speed, and power.

Rain Serpent’s Illusion – Utilizing mana-filled mist created from water magic, the user is able to make illusionary copies of themselves to fool opponents. This is an advanced form of dampening, as the illusions give off the same mana signature as the real one. However, this technique is useless against someone who can see through or otherwise dispel dampening spells.

Rain Serpent’s Heavenly Rage – The user jumps into the air and then delivers a powerful lightning bolt on the ground. Depending on the amount of mana put into the technique it can have quite a large damage radius. This move can also be used as a follow-up attack in conjunction with other techniques.

Rain Serpent Empyrean Formation – This technique has four variants associated with it. It is the most powerful set of techniques in the entire style of Teikoku Arashi, aside from the final attack. These attacks are taught as a prerequisite before the final attack, as without them one cannot even fathom the concept of the final technique.

Empyrean Formation First Strike: Spring’s Prelude – This technique involves delivering a barrage of crushing sword strikes before sending the opponent flying back with high-level wind magic. The wind magic is also able to rend the flesh of the opponent.

Empyrean Formation Second Strike: Summer’s Sonata – This technique again utilizes high-level wind magic while also incorporating lightning magic. In the attack the user fires a gale at the opponent that upon impact creates a powerful hurricane effect in the vicinity. Then, while the opponent is being tossed around by the wind, the user makes use of lightning magic and sends a large bolt of lightning to crash the opponent down to the ground.

Empyrean Formation Third Strike: Autumn’s Reprise – The user assumes an iaijutsu stance and hurls a whirlwind at the foe generated from the speed of the sword draw augmented by wind magic. The user then pelts the foe with numerous water bullets before delivering one final slash that cuts the whirlwind clean in half.

Empyrean Formation Final Strike: Winter’s Dirge – The final technique in the Rain Serpent Empyrean Formation, it is a very powerful attack. In addition, its mastery is essential for learning the final attack of Teikoku Arashi-ryū. The user assumes a kendo stance and focuses their mana energy. Then the user dashes at the foe with nearly inhuman speed and rushes pass them. After the dash, the opponent is blasted by a powerful snowstorm. The snowstorm is the result of combining blindly fast slashes associated with Teikoku Arashi-ryū and high-level ice magic that harnesses the power of nature itself. The slashes also target all vital areas. The sheer speed and power of this attack is devastating, however it is not completely unavoidable. If a person with high defensive capabilities and comparable speed to the user prepared themselves, they may be able to block the attack. In addition, if one is faster than the user of the technique, they can even dodge it completely.

Clear Sky of the Sacred Water Dragon – This is final technique of Teikoku Arashi. It is a technique that combines all elemental magic associated with the style in addition with all the implementation of runes and glyphs to ensure maximum damage. The user can only master the technique if their spiritual center is calm and clear, void of all doubt and turmoil. The user assumes an iaijutsu stance and charges every last bit of energy their body and runes and muster. Then, the user draws their sword and creates a deadly vicinity storm that combines water/ice, lightning, and wind magic all in one. Then using the force the storm to augment their strength to its fullest potential, the user delivers a slash so mighty that it fully dissipates the storm, leaving the vicinity clear and tranquil. This technique is extremely dangerous as it pushes the human body to its limits and threatens the very life of the user. If not performed perfectly the user’s body may exhaust its natural mana level and cease to function, and at that point the user will be doomed to be torn apart by their own storm.

Imperial Storm Infinity Serpent Bite – A technique of Teikoku Arashi that was apparently lost over the generations long ago. The only known user was the first master of the style, Seijin. The user channels an immense amount of mana energy through their bodies into their blade and then deliver a slash of peerless destructive force.
Oh and another thing, I added pictures of King Reinhardt and Akarui if you're interested to see them. Just check the character sheet thread.
Last edited by Phantom77 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Since im going to join the tournament should i fill out the pamphlet here? or the other page?

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
EndZoner
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Zoner of The End

Post by EndZoner »

Wait, there's a pamphlet? Where is that?
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

There's not really any kind of pamphlet for the tournament. We just need to figure out who you'll be fighting at the competition. Hothead, I think you'll be fighting me since we already have Endzoner's and Killmoves's OCs worked out.

I just need to discuss it with Drake and Scrap. For some reason I kept forgetting to talk to them about it...
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

"oh alright thank you, i look forward to it ^^

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Since everybody's posting stuff 'bout their chars, let me do the same.

Who Assassin Really Is: Facts to help you write more when you react to the hooded hero
Assassin is a superhero from modern-day Earth belonging to 'The Company', a superhero group who make frequent visits to High Fantasy settings to do superheroing. The hooded hero made a promise to a fellow hero to protect Peter Culiar, the 'Chosen'. Since the rest of The Company was busy, including his best friend 'Paladin', he had to do this mission alone.

Assassin's secret weapon is a USP .45 w/ Silencer with three magazines reserved. He will not hesitate to use it against adversaries who has more than a sword in their arsenal.

Since the hooded hero comes from non-magical Earth, he is less magical than an ant or a dead body. (Hey DJ Pon! Assassin has no motes!)
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

Interesting concept. I take it you're a fan of the classic superhero comics. I wonder what about Peter has made him the target of this "company".
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Phantom77 wrote:Interesting concept. I take it you're a fan of the classic superhero comics. I wonder what about Peter has made him the target of this "company".
Yeah and it's my life goal to successfully combine Western comics with Eastern manga.

And the thing about Peter shall be revealed later.
DJ Pon3
Magician
Magician

Post by DJ Pon3 »

Actually, kill moves, he still has motes. They construct his very essence. Without notes, he technically would be along the lines of a soulless body walking. He probably has very weak, inactive motes however. Which would make him more complicated to see.

(I would post my fact thing, but I am sick and on my phone and should sleep more soon)

Oct. 13, 2014 - EDIT: ALso! Killmoves, don't worry about Ventreus being on to them being Orderites. He doesn't have that suspicion. He can, however, see both sinister and decay motes within Annabelle. And the decay probably isn't even hers, it's actually probably the remains of whomever she ate. :XD: He's just very biased against Motes of Decay. Because Motes of Decay do stupid scary things.
Oersted
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Expert Blue Mage
Favorite Monster Type: Too many to list here. DX

Post by Oersted »

I figure I should have done something earlier but I'm just dropping by to say that I haven't forgotten that I'm actually part of this RP. Thing is that Seth, being a shop keeper, can't really do much when his shop is open and I've been kind of at a loss as to what I could do to be honest.
:^^;:

So, er, I'd appreciate any help on this matter.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Phantom77 »

Oersted wrote:I figure I should have done something earlier but I'm just dropping by to say that I haven't forgotten that I'm actually part of this RP. Thing is that Seth, being a shop keeper, can't really do much when his shop is open and I've been kind of at a loss as to what I could do to be honest.
:^^;:

So, er, I'd appreciate any help on this matter.
I'm aware of your situation, and to be honest I actually was thinking of a way to fit your character back into the story. Perhaps your character could play a role of significance in the coming festival. Since your OC owns a potion shop, he could set up a special vendor at the event and sell some of your rarest items there. Also, if I'm not mistaken, your OC is also somewhat of an acrobat (albeit with an injury). Perhaps you could have small athletic performances at the festival as well?

If that idea sticks with you, then Seth could make his way to the Citadel. That's where preparations for the festival are being held. Of course, Drake and Scrap need to also provide their input.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Well I like your Idea phantom, It does make sense, it would work as make him socialize with the other characters, mine already talked to him so yeah.
Either seth should go there or he should be invited to come, I don't know which would be better though.

I don't know about a shop keeper taking on athletic perfomances when he should be selling his products though...