Sons of the Demon Lord: Divide and Conquer (0/?)

Are you a bad enough dude to expand the Demon Realm?

Varick
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Sons of the Demon Lord: Divide and Conquer (0/?)

Post by Varick »

Sons of the Demon Lord: Divide and Conquer

Hello everybody, I wanted to do an RP here for a while so I thought I’d take the plunge and dive right into it. This RP takes place in a modified MGE setting and is really an ‘anything goes’ sort of thing, where I (as DM) just sorta point at all the directions you can go and just let you run like crazy. If that makes any sense :^^;: Maybe it’ll make more sense once you read the story and such. So here it is:

Story
The war between humans and monsters has calmed down considerably over the years. It seemed that with a flick of a switch the Demon Lord and her daughters have stopped their forceful push to spread their domain to human controlled lands. Monsters throughout the world have consequently become more docile, and as a result monsters and humans have become more integrated. Several years have passed since then, and the collective nations of the human world have settled into a new era of seeming peace. However, for all these years the Demon Lord was biding her time, allowing humans to let their guard down. In those intervening years she was developing her secret weapon, one that would allow her to reshape the world to fit her tastes: sons.

You, son of the Demon Lord and born an incubi, have been culled since birth to become a general of the Demon Realm Army. The invasion plans are being set and various stratagems are being discussed. The goal: to expand the reaches of the demon realm and engulf the land in demonic energy. The method: whatever you like. You could use force, seduction, cunning, infiltration, anything you can think of to plunge a city into corruption.

Corruption
The ultimate goal isn’t necessarily to destroy or kill, but to produce enough demonic energy to create an extension of the demon realm. Because most human settlements are a mingling of monsters and humans, this can be accomplished by promoting ‘interaction’ between species. However, there are some settlements that are only inhabited by humans. These will be a bit trickier and will require a bit of...conversion.

Starting Point
You can start either in the Demon Realm or in a human settlement. Starting in the Demon Realm will allow you to gather an army, plan out your strategy with mentors and tacticians, recruit diplomats, and command your forces. Starting at a human settlement will limit what you can do, you only have a single lieutenant to help you, but you can do more covert operations.

Character Sheet
The character sheet is pretty simple, I think. For those wishing to start in a human settlement you’ll be able to choose a lieutenant of any species. If you start out in the Demon Realm, you’ll be able to choose a mentor of any species. There’s also a section where you pick a starting point. I plan on posting a map with actual cities soon once I know people are interested.

Name:
Bio:
Appearance:
Starting Point: (human settlement or Demon Realm. I plan to post a map soon with possible starting towns)
Mentor/Lieutenant: (Name and species. If starting in a human settlement pick a lieutenant, and if you’re starting in the Demon Realm then pick a mentor. If you want you can also add a bit of background or give them a personality too).

Other Stuff
Think of this thread as an interest check/recruitment. I’m thinking of having 4 players, but that’ll probably depend on who’s interested. Also, I’ve been thinking about allowing players to play on the opposing side in order to stop the corruption, but again that’ll depend on whether there are any people who are interested in doing that. I also plan to use a map generator to make a map of the world so that we can keep track of what cities have fallen and stuff like that. Other than that, if you have any questions or anything then ask and I’ll answer.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Re: Sons of the Demon Lord: Divide and Conquer (0/?)

Post by KillMoves »

Color me interested but are all the players 'sons' or can they be something else?
Varick
Fool
Fool

Post by Varick »

What did you have in mind?
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

Varick wrote:What did you have in mind?
You know, can they be just (DL-aligned) monsters and humans who want to carry out their mistress' will?
Varick
Fool
Fool

Post by Varick »

I don't see why not. So if you want to play as that, then feel free.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Sounds interesting. I had an idea to run by you, be alright to send you a PM to look over?
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess

Post by KillMoves »

Uhh, Drake. The last post was made 5 years ago.

And Varick hasn't been on the site since 2015.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Then how did I get a notice for a post? This is hella weird, ghost post!
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

There was a bot that posted. It is no more.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Creator_Drake »

Flare wrote:There was a bot that posted. It is no more.
Thanks Flare.