Two Kingdoms (Colab between Drack, and Nexous)

Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Two Kingdoms (Colab between Drack, and Nexous)

Post by Drack »

This is a fantasy style RP taking place in the Kingdoms of Braviel, and Pricodour. Nexous will be following up with much of the world building. You will pick one of the two Kingdoms to play in. I will be GMing Bravial, and Nexous will be GMing Pricodour, however the twist is this. I will be a player in his kingdom, and he in mine. We will be playing the crowned prince, or princess in our respective kingdoms. Those who sign up will be playing our retainers. You can ether be Human, or a Weres, who are an intelligent race that look mostly human with animal like features, such as wings, rabbit ears, fins, etc. They have the ability to transform into a giant version of the animal they resemble. Nexous will be providing further information. We will be starting off just spending daily lives, but it will eventually lead into war. There will be a lot of working together between Nexous, and I and we have agreed to spoiler our main posts, and post as GMs on the same day. We ask that once you are in a kingdom you do not read the posts for the other kingdom. We would like to build a feeling of truly not knowing who the other people are before you meet. I won't divulge more of the plot such as the cause of the war, but I hope to gather interested players to try out this experimental new RP with us.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Description:
Backstory:
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

Re: Two Kingdoms (Colab between Drack, and Nexous)

Post by Nexous »

I may come back, and edit this from time to time. I've put a lot of work into this whole world, and am in all honesty am a bit warn out. I've caught a few mistakes as I'm going through this, but I'm sure I'll miss some so be patient with me.

Braviel:
Spoiler: show
This is a mostly mountainous region, with a desert at the base of the mountain. The Desert eventually leads into a rocky Savannah. The Savannah acts as the border between Braviel, and Pricodour. What land isn't desert is rocky, and clay filled leaving limited room to farm. The farms that they do have are along the banks of the rivers from runoffs from the mountains. These farms are well protected, and the most valuable resource in the kingdom. This has lead to superior weapons in this kingdom compared to the kingdom of Pricodour. However every family is limited to two children to maintain the population rater than grow it. The cities in this kingdom are made from the stones mined from the mountains. The capital of this kingdom baring the same name of the Kingdom it's self is a well protected fortress. It's built in the shape of the mountains that it's made from. The castle in the middle being the highest point, surrounded by it's own wall. The castle is made from very large tight fitting stone slabs. Outside that wall it where the wealthy live. The stones used to build these houses are usually the most colorful, and are quite garish compared to the surrounding gray of the city. This is protected by yet another wall. Inside this wall is the main protective force of the city. Hundreds of armed solders fill this wall. Beyond this wall, and at the base of this city is where the poor live. This is were most of the crime takes place. Should the king hear of anything going on here however it is quickly dealt with with as few causalities as possible.
Pricodour:
This kingdom it connected to Braviel by the Savannah, however on their side it opens up into a prairie, then into a wooded area, and finally into a forest. The deep forest has never been truly explored. There is always food of some sort growing year round, and thus farming is far less common a carrier as simply harvesting. However farms do still exist mostly raising livestock some do still grow popular and rare fruit, and vegetables. The population has yet to even come close to the yield of natural foods, so it is allowed to grow, and flourish. The people of this kingdom often treat everyone as family. There is not a village that one can enter where they will not feel welcomed. These villages apart from the occasional city guard do not have much in the way of defenses. In the rare occasion where protection is needed there is never a military outpost more than half a days walk. The capital being one of the only cities with an actual wall is a massive bazaar. Though one would think the crime rate here would be higher the fact that there is an armed soldier on every corner keeps the crime rate nonexistent. Many of these soldiers are on a first name biases with much of the citizenry thus avoiding a feeling of oppression. The castle is home the most prestigious theater in the kingdom. The king often allowed any citizen to enter, and watch the plays put on in this theater, or address and grievances with him.
Weres:
These are a race of human like peoples with animal like features. Much like the faunus of RWBY however unlike faunus they hav the ability to transform. There are countless types of Weres. Some living on beaches, or rear rivers have gills, and lungs that they can instinctively switch between using depending on their needs. Some have feathery wings sprouting from their backs that are fully functional, some have claws, or tails. The Weres mostly live in nomadic tribes that are sovereign from either kingdom. This lets them cross the borders unaccosted, often they are the only source of trade between the kingdoms. However this comes at a cost. They are not offered the protection of the citizens of the kingdom. Some Weres have decided to live in human villages accepting full citizenship, and are treated no differently than humans.
History:
There has always been tension between the two kingdoms due to the abundant resources in Pricodour, and lack there of in Braviel. There are often small skirmishes between the two human kingdoms. There was only one time in history that they laid their differences aside, and worked together. A war simply called The Calamity. The human nations teamed up to eliminate the Weres. This however proved to be a huge mistake. Though having the advantage of numbers the Humans couldn't compete with the numerous combat styles of the different tribes, and their weapons, and armors at the time couldn't stand to crushing maws, razor sharp claws, or attacks from above. The naval forces were quickly whipped out by aquatic weres that could breath in both air, and water. This war was short lived with nearly a quarter of the human population being eradicated. Peace was quickly reached as humans surrendered unconditionally and gave the Weres the sovereignty they enjoy to this day. If it were not for the Weres mercy it is believed that the humans could easily be extinct by now, this was a little over one hundred years ago, and much of the history before this time was lost.
Military forces:
Pricodour's army is massive, and receive a fair amount of training. Their armors tend to be Leathers of varying hardness, and wooden shields. They carry basic iron, and steel weaponry. (Swords, axes, clubs,short bows, esc.) Their elite forces are Calvary and are well trained above all other. Though they don't usually carry shields they boast iron armors, and slightly more advanced weapons. (Spears, Bastard swords, longbows, weapons that can be used to attack from horse back.) With the horses to carry them they find it easier to carry more armor, and should they be dismounted are trained to be equally deadly on foot. The army not only protects the people from threats, they also explore the forest. Many citizens see joining their army as a favorable profession so they can receive training to protect their home towns.
Braviel's Army is much smaller, but even their basic troops are well trained, and wear iron ring, or scalemail armor. Many wear small steel shields, with more advanced steel weapons. (Curved swords, finely balanced axes, maces, composite bows esc.) Though they are slower they are harder hitting. Their elite forces are heavy infantry. "They can not afford to spare the resources to feed horses so they throw enough steel on the men to weigh as much as one." -Unknown Pricodour soldier. This quote is not far from the truth. They wear custom made platemail armors made of the finest steel, and some carry large steel shields with battle axes, or swords. If they elect not to carry a shield many can be seen with massive war hammers, battle aces, halberds, and the like. Standard weapons of Pricodour soldiers can't pierce the armor. The Calvary might have more luck by putting the weight of a charge behind the point of a spear, or if they feel like taking a risk merely charging them, and trampling them. A soldier can often feed his whole family with the pay of a soldier thus making this a popular carrier choice as well.
Last edited by Nexous on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

Oooh I wanna join but first, let me take a selfie ask some questions.

1) Can one play more than one character? If yes, can they actually be in different kingdoms? (I'm assuming not but let's get this outta the way.)

2) Is there magic in this setting? How does it work? What about tech?
Drack wrote:We ask that once you are in a kingdom you do not read the posts for the other kingdom. We would like to build a feeling of truly not knowing who the other people are before you meet.
You could actually build the feeling by just making two roleplays and make it look as separate as possible (like differing GMs). Making the roleplays on different sites also help making it separate.

But now that the truth's out, well... let's see how this goes.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

I would personally be against playing two characters, for the same reason you quoted Drack. As for magic I hadn't really planned on magic beyond magically transforming animal people. Tech I'm going to put in the military section I need to get around to that actually. In fact... BAM edited.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Oh, also, as a human retainer your character will be one of the nation's elete troops. Calvity, or heavy infantry depending on your nation
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

All right, let me get working on a character.

That is, if this continues even with just the three of us.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

There is at least one other person interested. He just procrastinates.
Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Drack »

We are still working on it. As for Magic Nexous and myself have discussed this and will reveal more details later. Anyways, this will be a good point to start my character sheet.

Character:

Name: Sydell Pricodour
Race: Human
Kingdom: Pricodour
Description: (Add later)
Backstory: (Add later)
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

I suppose I aught to do the same no?
Name: Talelu Braviel
Race: Mostly Human with Were ancestry
Kingdom:Braviel
Description: The princess if Braviel is a young woman in her early 20s with raven black hair. Unless in formal dress she usually wears it up in a ponytail, or messy bun to keep it our of her face. She wears a mostly black Hauberk with red rings forming the crest of her kingdom on her chest. This is an aesthetic choice to match her hair, and eyes.
Backstory: (Will finish this later)

Also we finally finished discussing magic. In short Pricodour will have basic White magic, and Braviel will have basic black magic. These are themselves considered a secondary elite force in each nation. I will edit the full reasoning behind magic into the back story, but in short it's this. After the war Humans, and Weres found out that copulation between the races was possible. They appear to be humans in every physical sense, but it was later discovered the magical energy they inherited from their Were parent manifests in ways other than transformation.
Heero
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Animal
Favorite Monster Type: sahuagin

Post by Heero »

i'm in.

Name: Aedelwulf Thrain
Race: Werewolf
Kingdom: Braviel
Description: He's a young were in his tribe. he's a broad shouldered man with black and tanned fur. he carries a dagger and a longbow while in his human form. when in wolf form he's ferocious and powerful, showing no mercy to any that stand in his way.
Backstory: (later)
There's only one certainty in life. A strong man stands above and conquers all!