RWBY: Alternative Worlds!

This is a non H RWBY fan baised RP

Nexous
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Wolf Knight (Semi-retired)
Favorite Monster Type: Beastman type

RWBY: Alternative Worlds!

Post by Nexous »

This RP will obviously not take place in the same universe as the Anime (I know not technically an anime, but for the sake of ease I will henceforth continue referring to it as one.) It will however be sharing the history, and regions as RWBY. The current cast will likely not be in this universe apart from glorified cameos. For example the Schnee Dust Company will be present, Wiess will probably not be in there. As combat systems are a difficult thing to successfully pull off without everyone seeing in person this RP will be largely slice of life, with some occasional combat.That being said player participation will be a big part of this. If you are near another player feel free to have a full conversation between my posts. That being said if I post *PAUSE* that means to stop posting until I can edit that into a proper post. That will likely only happen if something rather large happens to catch everyone's attention. This RP won't use the same story line as the current Anime, but instead will have it's own unique villains, and possibly even a betrayal by another team, or another player. I will try to keep things exciting, and arc based. Over the next several days leading up to, and even beyond the start of this RP I will be adding character you're going to meet in this RP Some of the characters I will be recycling from older projects. One of which predates me even coming to this site. That all being said I sill post the Character sheet, and even the first Character for you to meet. This is the one that predates this site, including a picture below.

Name: Jack Lobo (Name changed from original to suit team name.)
Gender: Boy ("Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?" -Professor Oak)
School: Beacon Academy (Where you'll all be attending)
Semblance: Wolf Pack - Can create up to 5 copies of himself.
Weapon: Sword chained to a Bracer.
Species: Faunus - Wolf
Appearance: Pictured below except with black armor made of Kevlar. (You may use a picture for description, or just wright one out. I didn't draw this I had it commissioned when I had a job that paid a lot better than the one I do now, or I assure you I would have more characters commissioned.)
Backstory: He grew up in a small village known as the pack. It is well known for Wolf Faunus being the predominate residence there. Occasionally more Wolf Faunus would come in from around the world, and keep the bloodlines fresh. The village welcomes other humans, and faunus, but most rarely stay there to maintain the novelty of a giant pack of wolves, though it wasn't always that way. The village started with a branch of the military. There was an all Faunus squad by the same name that was stationed in the area. Though it was a mixed sex squad they were all Wolf Faunus used. The frame of mind being that they could blend in with the Beowolves that inhabited the area. That era and mind set are attributed to "Darker Times", but the Village has survived this whole time, do in no small part to the military training passed down over the generations even to new blood. Jack having hailed from this village is well trained in hand to hand combat, and prefers to get in close with his sword rather than to use a ranged weapon.

TL;DR character sheet: Spots filled in are mandatory answers sorry peeps.

Name:
School: Beacon Academy (Where you'll all be attending)
Semblance:
Weapon:
Species:
Appearance:
Backstory:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nexous on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: RWBY: Alternative Worlds!

Post by Drack »

Sounds interesting, let me just throw this down here and I'll finish it when I'm not so tired.

Name: Simon Wesson
School: Beacon Academy
Semblance: Battle Focus- Temporary boost in aura and physical strength, but burns through aura.
Weapon: Shotgun-Axe
Species: Human
Appearance: He has short messy red hair and bright green eyes and a light complexion. He wears hide skin leather pants, with a leather vest with a bear head hood.
Backstory: His adopted father was a huntsman of some renown, but retired after finding Simon as an abandoned infant in a town destroyed by grim, after which he lived in isolation with the boy deep in the wilderness to teach Simon to survive. After the man passed Simon remain alone in isolation hunting grim with his adopted fathers favorite weapon, despite the man's wish for him to find civilization and become a trained huntsman, however that changed with a team of huntsman tracking a group of grim spotted Simon 4 years ago. Ever since Simon has followed his fathers wishes and has been slowly adjusting to civilized life, and now is about to join Beacon Academy.
Last edited by Drack on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

So, I forgot to post a character yesterday so I'll post 2 today. Also adding a criteria to the character sheet. One I feel is important to the anime, and half the fun of creating the characters. THE WEAPONS! Whoo how could I forget something important like that? Also amending what I said earlier. The White Fang will be a big part of the first arc so I wouldn't be able to have the white fang in it's current form without Adam.

Name: Tina Ishi (Second character from a previous project)
Semblance: One with nature - Gains different abilities based on what Animal skin she is wearing.
Weapon: Bow with Dust arrows. The arrows closely resemble arrowheads in a pouch on her right hip. Once she channels her aura into the arrow it forms more fully into an arrow. The type of dust it's made from determines what effect the arrow has.
Appearance: She has black hair, brown eyes, and a dark completion. She wears a traditional Tule reed apron, with a deerskin back. Though mostly traditional she has added a deer skin top to preserve contemporary ideals of modesty. She has a necklace of bear claws, and wears a deer head mask traditionally used for hunting, though her ponytail hangs below the mask. She is quiet, but quick to warm up to people. She often offers people she considers to be friends a warm smile in response to questions that don't necessitate an answer, but will respond in conversations if needed.
Backstory: She is from a nomadic tribe, who adhere to old traditions. They still use arrows of dust developed by their ancestors. Their tribe own the rights to several small dust mines, but do not mine it commercially. They harvest it purely for their own weapons thus keeping them under the radar for the Schnee dust company. However they fear their supply will begin to run out in the future, and they will have to go to them to continue their way of life. Some members of the tribe view this as selling their soul to the Schnee dust company, and are willing to integrate into modern society rather than make a deal with the Schnee dust company. Tina is the daughter of one of the latter families and is now being sent to Beacon to secure a future for herself.

Name: Eveline Whiteny
Semblance: Lucky Bunny's Paw - She can physical injuries, as long as she can lay her hands on the person, even going so far as to heal broken bones, The worse the injury the longer it takes and the more energy it uses. She can't regenerate flesh that isn't there, or dead. Note- bones must be properly set to heal with her semblance.
Weapon: Greaves shaped like bunnies**, that release concussive blasts with her kicks. (Similar to Yang's gauntlets less than original I know.)
Species: Faunus - White Rabbit
Appearance: Being albino she has White hair, and skin. She likes to dress in all white with silver platted armor. Being a Rabbit Faunus she takes advantage of her naturally strong legs by using greaves. She has two rabbit ears, and a poofy white tail, however any comment on her tail usually leads to a beet red face, and a resounding slap for looking at her butt. Her left rabbit ear usually flops over about 3/4 of the way up while the right stands straight up, unless in a high stress situation then both ears are standing at attention, and searching for a threat.
Backstory: She is a former member of the White Fang. Her family Have been with the White fang since it's founding. When it began to change they were among the first to see the signs, and left. Though she isn't proud of what the White Fang has become now she doesn't hide her former affiliation with it. She is overjoyed to further the ideals of the old White Fang, and make friends with both Humans, and Faunus.

**= Her words not mine
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Name: Tommy Plunkett
Semblance: Aura Sight - Can see a person's aura at a distance, even through most objects.
Weapon: High powered Sniper Rifle
Appearance:He wears CADPAT camouflage when not in uniform. He has short brown hair, and brown eyes, unless his semblance is active. At that point his eyes glow an almost sapphire blue.
Backstory: He does not divulge much about his past. His village is one of countless wiped out by the grim. A hunter rescued him as a child, and he grew up in Vale ever since. He is a fairly straight laced kid, who almost never gets in trouble. He is open, and friendly about all aspects except his past.

And with that team JETT is finished. They will be your JNPR.
Drack
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Drack »

Finished up my character, let me know if I need to change anything.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

Good enough, but Hide skin leather is a bit redundant, just hide, or tanned hide would suffice. That being said mostly drawing inspiration from your character I'll build your team.

Name:Leanna Drake
School: Beacon
Semblance: Shift- She is able to switch places with one person in contact with her aura.
Weapon: Chain, and sickle, with a powerful handgun built into the sickle. She can channel her aura through her weapon thus extending the range of her semblance.
Species: Faunus
Appearance:When not in uniform, she wears all black, almost form fitting cloths, and a black mask covering her face. She seems to wear a respirator mask of some sort as well. She has a large green tail resembling that of an iguana which she paints black when she is on missions.
Backstory: She grew up in Menagerie where the White Fang still roam unabated, though she was never one of them. She was trained from childhood in Grim hunting, and general combat. With her skills she was able to get into Beacon without a prep school.

Name: Vincent Baker
Semblance: Knights Guard - It creates a circular field around him, and protects himself, and any ally within the field from damage. However any hits they take drain his aura.
Weapon: Heavy knights armor with a massive sword with a fully automatic gun down the blade. There is an ammo belt reaching to a large pack on his back, and he also has a large shield. The gun only having one barrel over heats quickly, but that also heats up the blade as well causing extra damage. Due to all the weight he carries he is quite slow, but is devastating in close range.
Appearance: Under his armor he has short blond hair with blue eye.
Backstory: He grew up in Atlas receiving top notch, if not a little overly strict training. He came to Beacon hoping to escape that life style, and fulfill his dream of becoming a hunter.

Name: Rodger Dodger (Shut up I'm running out of names.)
Semblance: Eagle eye - His right eye can see several times farther, and is several times more sensitive to details than even the best faunus, however his semblance cant be turned off leading to severe headaches if he doesn't keep it covered.
Weapon: Saber, knives, and blunderbuss.
Appearance: He has long oily hair kept in countless braids. He wears loose fitting cloths that leaves plenty of room for hidden blades.
Backstory: He grew up in, and around Vacuo, and spent a lot of time at the sea. The crew he had been sailing with went out to sea one day without him to hunt a massive grim, and never came back. Being at a loss for what to do after that he decided to try becoming a huntsman.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

These characters can be replaced or adopted as PCs if we get other players.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

how combat works.
Hoard battle: Low class grim
I will roll 3d6 per character per round. I will assign numbers to the d6, and give a player character a choice of 1-3. the die corresponding with the choice will be the result NPCs will have a similar roll the exception is I will pick the die before I look, and run with the result. 1 results in a round where you're injured. a 6 can prevent someone who rolled a 1 from being injured, also just makes that character a general badass in that round.

Boss battle:
Similar to hoard battle player will pick 1-3. This however is between 3 d20. for this I will not say what you rolled to keep things tense. I will assign different numbers needed per character depending on armor, and combat style. Auras can effect the modifier as well as fatigue, and other factors. Everyone will have something like hp, however when this hits 0 you don't die, your aura is just depleted. You can still continue in combat, but you are susceptible to bodily injuries, and even death. Every successful hit counts as 1 point, except for a crit. which will count at 2. Also if you have a semblance that works in combat if your aura hits 0 you can no longer use it.
Last edited by Nexous on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

additionally I will give a vague idea of what your character did that round, and you may add flavor text to a similar result, or go with the generic text I use. Battles will take place up to 5 rounds in PMs unless it is a group battle (assuming we bring in more players.)
Nexous
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Nexous »

The way locations work is like this. If you discover a new location you may revisit locations in your free time, or for dates should that happen there will be an "S" per secrete in any areas with secrets (unless plot baised)they will be red when undiscovered, and green once discovered. You get secrets by asking around, idol chit chat, or simply over hearing it.
Locations:
School - area contains school yard, classes, rooms, cafeteria.
S Park- Small park with a gazebo and pond good for fishing.
Antique store- small store carrying antiques, rare books, and old maps.
S Thrill of the hunt- a small, but busy coffee shop with people from all walks of life here. Gossip flows as freely here as the coffee does.