Ah, Hello Everyone

Hope you all dont mind me being here

Introduce yourself to us or drop by for a quick hello.
DecafPirate
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Professional Slacker
Favorite Monster Type: Kitsune, Lamia, Cheshire Cat

Ah, Hello Everyone

Post by DecafPirate »

Hey everybody, how's it going? I've been really wanting to join a community of monster girl fans, so I'm pretty glad I found this place. I spent some time lurking on /monster/ on 8chan, but the community as a whole seems so hostile over there that I decided to look elsewhere. I get that being mean and offensive is their "thing" over on the chans, but it's just not for me.

Anyway, I'm Decaf, it's nice to meet you all. I've been a fan of monster girls for as long as I can remember, long before I even knew monster girls were a thing. The idea of humans and sentient non-humans forming relationships has always fascinated me, whether they be platonic, romantic, intimate, or purely sexual. I own both volumes of the English release of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia and I'm currently working on collecting the Monster Musume manga.

Outside of MGs, I'm trying to become an artist, though I'm not very good right now and years of discouraging myself have kept me from practicing for a long time. I enjoy video games too; Mostly Nintendo like Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid, but I enjoy some other stuff like Overwatch and League of Legends.

I guess that's all for now. I'll do my best to get out of my shell and interact with you all. It's been years since I've done anything online other than lurk, and even longer since I've interacted with a forum, so please bear with me. I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community!
"Haven't you ever seen a skeleton before? I'm always smiling on the inside."
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Re: Ah, Hello Everyone

Post by DogKama »

Hello Decaf, have you played a MOBA called Heroes of the Storm? If so, or have an interest you should join me sometime.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

You quite remind me of myself during my college years. Barely started in art, initially enlightened by MGs in the boorus until I discovered another forum for the like-minded folks.

Yeah the 'chan' sites are anonymous, that is why there's a sense of zealotry with how they envision MGs, though I seem to notice the anons on the wikias however are very polite or RP-oriented.

Aside from that, welcome aboard Decaf, good to see another with a shared common interest :)
DecafPirate
Magician
Magician

Post by DecafPirate »

DogKama wrote:Hello Decaf, have you played a MOBA called Heroes of the Storm? If so, or have an interest you should join me sometime.
Hello! I did try it out a while ago, back when they were having the event to get the Officer Dva skin in Overwatch. I had some fun with it, but I don't think I'll go back to it. I feel like I only have enough patience for one MOBA, and even then I have a very love-hate relationship with Lol. :P
Pierce wrote:You quite remind me of myself during my college years. Barely started in art, initially enlightened by MGs in the boorus until I discovered another forum for the like-minded folks.

Yeah the 'chan' sites are anonymous, that is why there's a sense of zealotry with how they envision MGs, though I seem to notice the anons on the wikias however are very polite or RP-oriented.

Aside from that, welcome aboard Decaf, good to see another with a shared common interest :)
I've never really checked out the community on the wikias before, but I'll definitely have to give them a look, especially if they're a friendlier bunch. I know I've seen the MGE wiki has a dedicated spot for fan art, which I appreciate.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

DecafPirate wrote:
DogKama wrote:Hello Decaf, have you played a MOBA called Heroes of the Storm? If so, or have an interest you should join me sometime.
Hello! I did try it out a while ago, back when they were having the event to get the Officer Dva skin in Overwatch. I had some fun with it, but I don't think I'll go back to it. I feel like I only have enough patience for one MOBA, and even then I have a very love-hate relationship with Lol. :P

It was the same with LOL, I played from Season 1 up to season 4-5(not sure which) and even than it dwindled to ARAM only games. But after too many anger moments with it I uninstalled and hoped on HOTS. I enjoy it more because of the many different maps and objectives for each map.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Welcome to TMM nice to have you. Like yourself I tried the older MG communities many years ago and they weren't for me. I'm not good at "exercising my free speech to the maximum capacity" like many others online, so I never fit in many forums or chat groups. So, I decided to put together a forum with like minded people and this is it. As you can imagine on the internet in general, people that encourage decency and mutual respect are kinda rare these days, so it's usually quiet here (as DogKama says).

But yea I'm probably gonna be very active here lately since I'm gonna be jobless next week. At least until I find new work anyway!

I still play Heroes of the Storm also, DogKama. Quit Overwatch and LoL though. To be honest I got tired of always asking people to play and they never ask back so I mostly solo. I'm always down to play with people though, but no one asks, everyone I know kinda just sits around and waits..haha. I'm not a chaser!
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

Heya, welcome aboard. ^ouo^/
I do some occasional art too. Looking forward to forumming (is that a word?) with you. ^owo^b
DecafPirate
Magician
Magician

Post by DecafPirate »

Feathers wrote:Welcome to TMM nice to have you. Like yourself I tried the older MG communities many years ago and they weren't for me. I'm not good at "exercising my free speech to the maximum capacity" like many others online, so I never fit in many forums or chat groups. So, I decided to put together a forum with like minded people and this is it. As you can imagine on the internet in general, people that encourage decency and mutual respect are kinda rare these days, so it's usually quiet here (as DogKama says).

But yea I'm probably gonna be very active here lately since I'm gonna be jobless next week. At least until I find new work anyway!

I still play Heroes of the Storm also, DogKama. Quit Overwatch and LoL though. To be honest I got tired of always asking people to play and they never ask back so I mostly solo. I'm always down to play with people though, but no one asks, everyone I know kinda just sits around and waits..haha. I'm not a chaser!
Well hey, if not "exercising your free speech to the maximum capacity" means "Not being ok with constantly spewing racist and homophobic obscenities", then I think you're a better person for it. And even if it is quiet a round here, I think I'd much prefer a smaller friendlier community than a big one thats constantly trying to be as rude and offensive as possible.

I'm pretty guilty of being that kind of person, never asking people to play, even though I want to. Although part of it is because my crappy work schedule never gives me the same free time that all my friends have. :P

Oh, and I hope you can find new work soon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Haha you knew exactly what I was talking about! :) And thanks me too. Yea same with the work schedule, before, most of my friends are night owls and I was forced morning dove! But now I'll probably be back to staying up late, heh. Anyways nice to have you, sounds like you fit in perfectly here. ;)
DragkeirDradon
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: So Called Final Boss
Favorite Monster Type: Dieties & Demons

Post by DragkeirDradon »

Welcome to the forums,I hope you enjoy your time here.
Image "If there is a god... It exists simply to be surpassed, that is our challenge right as humans, as a Lilithian." - The Lilithian Book of Devilry
"War was never my thing, but if it's a fight you want it's a fight you get. so get ready, I'm going to take all of you down Hardstyle!" - Draktheron, A Dark Story: Crizian Sonata.