Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to us or drop by for a quick hello.
thatStupidGuy
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Hello everyone!

Post by thatStupidGuy »

Hello everyone I'm thatStupidGuy (alternatively just TSG). I am an antisocial guy who found the MGE quite by accident while looking through the D&D wiki (via a deviant art page) who just spend an hour trying to decide what to say before deciding to wing it. One thing I did want to ask is how does one go about creating a persona like Perentie from ask a incubus?
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Pierce »

Hello there, welcome to the TMM!

You may have to ask Perentie himself in that regard. Though years of activity may also help build a persona to boot.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Hey TSG, glad to see ya! Call me Drake.

Like Pierce mentioned, with time and activity you'll build a persona. Play a few RP's, make/join a few threads and you'll cement the persona you create.

As for a persona to create, what are some of the things you like? Do you like Sci-fi more than Fantasy? Vice-versa? What games do you like? Which Mamono do you like so far? If there was an anime/game/book/movie universe you would love to live in, which one and why?
thatStupidGuy
Fool
Fool
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by thatStupidGuy »

I was actually just thinking any advice on creating a history for the persona (if my understanding of a persona is correct it is essentially an in-universe character you can talk through). I had kinda assumed it would take time for any background developed to come out in RP.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

I see. You can still use the questions I posted to help form it all up. Along with, "What kind of persona do you want to have?"

Followed by:

"What happened to this persona to help them become what they are today?"

For me, it started with a concept or 2 based around certain super powers, how I got them and thinking up some adventured where I used them. Another way to look at it is you could base your characters history on a particular world. Do you have powers? What can you do?

It can be as complex or as simple as you want it. Take inspiration from whatever is around you or going on.

EX: You were minding your business one day before a time/space anomaly appeared, sucking you in instantly. You wind up in a place populated by what look like dragons or something similar. Instead of dying you pair up with one you meet, before another anomaly appears dragging you both in. You both appear in a place of advanced technology in the midst of a civil war, joining the side that decides not to shoot you on sight. From there you get armour and arms and learn to fight together for a time. Once the battle had been won another anomaly appears which takes you to...

And it can go on like that. I know there are a ton of choices you could make and it can be difficult to choose. A piece of advice I can give is, choose one thing to start with, no matter if its important or not, and build from there.

What kind of character is your persona? A central character in their own story? A side character similar to an NPC? The hero who saves the day? The guard of the city that lets the hero in after questioning them? The one who gives the hero a pep talk when they feel discouraged?
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Welcome to TMM, your imagination is the limit bro!