30 day monstergirl challenge

General artwork and fan artwork may be shared and/or discussed in here.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Re: 30 day monstergirl challenge

Post by [BRindustries] »

Flare wrote:Oh my, I look like I came from a FF game there. :P

And I would consider it a subtype of robot. :)
Heh, thanks.^^ It's quite different from the stuff i usually draw, so i might've gone a little overboard. :P

Well then, if automata can be considered a subtype of robot, then i've got my idea for day 17 all worked out.^^ (now to get there...)
Last edited by [BRindustries] on Fri May 06, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Sometimes it's good to go overboard. :)
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

[BRindustries] wrote:So yeah, i had no idea what to draw for day 4, but then i remembered something a wise man once said...
"When bored, draw Flare to pass the time..."
Glad to have brought some form of inspiration, even if its for the slightest moment. :^^:

Outfit is great too, though the only reason I draw her with a black shirt, it's just a placeholder/default clothing as the last five or six fanartists had drawn her like that at least once.
Spoiler: show
One of these days I'll have to find a way how to draw a USMC ceremonial variant, particularly with the lamia form, maybe a cutlass as a cherry on top.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 5: Mermaid

Post by [BRindustries] »

So, for day 5 it's the turn of the lovely mermaid, a type of monster i'm not too involved with tbh. Since the concept of a mermaid is fairly straightforward, and has been done loads of times, even outside of the monstergirl community, i wanted to give a little spin on it, just to make her more interesting.

So after a bunch of googling, brainstorming and browsing the booru's, i came up with this:
30D_MGC_5.jpg
Cookie for whoever guesses what kind of fish she's referrring to... :3
Hope y'all like it.^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

I want to say the nibbler fish (AKA Doctor fish) but I'm not sure.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Flare wrote:I want to say the nibbler fish (AKA Doctor fish) but I'm not sure.
*passes the cookie jar*

A while back when my dad and i were browsing for some fish for our small fishtank, the store had a tank with a few dozen of these little ones in it, so of course i stuck my hand in it and they went for it immediately. It was an unusual feeling, but it was pretty fun, like hundreds of tiny little hickeys. :3
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 6: Spider girl(s)

Post by [BRindustries] »

Next!

A combination of procastination and having other things to do meant that i started a bit late on this one and had to rush a bit to finish it in time.
Nonetheless, i got it done.^^ Some guy on the RC forum suggested i drew Muffet, but i actually wanted to do the Small Breed subspecies from Monster Musume. But then i remembered, "heck, it's my own drawing, why the heck should i have to choose?". Behold:
30D_MGC_6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 7: Plant girl

Post by [BRindustries] »

*pop*
Day 7 has arrived, one full week done.^^ (now about 3 more to go...)

I have to admit, coming up with a concept for this one was pretty tough, because i again wanted to stay away from the stereotypical alraune or dryad.
After a good amount of thought (and lots of booru's) i came up with this classy grapevine gal.^^
30D_MGC_7.jpg
Those grapevines connect to the back of her neck. Since they are connected to her body she can change their properties such as the size, flavour and texture at will, allowing for even more sophisticated wine varieties.
Must be a pretty chill life, earning good money from highly exclusive wine that you literally make yourself, and then celebrate by getting tipsy on said wine, with suitable entourage to keep you company. :3
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 8: Octomaid

Post by [BRindustries] »

Alrighty, time for another gal.^^

Today it's the turn of the Octomaid. (since i'm used to the term Scylla being used for these gals, i initially assimed they meant an actual maid :P)
But i made her into a maid regardless, taking a well deserved break after a hard-days work.^^
30D_MGC_8.jpg
Now i'm in a bit of a predicament here, since the Demon and Succubus are going to be next. My involvement with these two is fairly limited and as such don't know better than that these two are very similar to each other. Making two very similar gals after eachother sounds a bit like cheating if you ask me, so now i'm wondering what i should do with the Demon gal? (Succubus is fairly straightforward, i've already got a plan for her >:3)
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 9+10: Demon & Succubus

Post by [BRindustries] »

'Sup folks? Hope ya haven't forgotten about me.^^

Had some technical difficulties regarding internet connections since yesterday morning, so i wasn't able to upload yesterday.

Anyways, since i was going to post 9 and 10 at the same time anyway, i made them into a little pair. Enjoy.^^
30D_MGC_9.jpg
30D_MGC_10.jpg
At first i thought of drawing Mari's Mari, but decided against it later on, so i could experiment here and there. :3
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Kind of bored with all the pencil drawings to be honest. Ever going to switch to digital? Don't get me wrong I like analog art, but it just doesn't give the full impression with a camera/scan and leaves the picture looking so lifeless. Observer has the same issue. Never colors or uses digital. I think you guys are holding yourselves back. Digital did wonders for Pierce, made his pictures much more inspiring and I'm sure they garnered more attention because of it. Your signature and avatar for example, they are great! They bring more life to your characters.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Feathers wrote:Kind of bored with all the pencil drawings to be honest. Ever going to switch to digital? Don't get me wrong I like analog art, but it just doesn't give the full impression with a camera/scan and leaves the picture looking so lifeless. Observer has the same issue. Never colors or uses digital. I think you guys are holding yourselves back. Digital did wonders for Pierce, made his pictures much more inspiring and I'm sure they garnered more attention because of it. Your signature and avatar for example, they are great! They bring more life to your characters.
Ah yes, i was wondering when this would come up. I would love to make digital art of these, but to be honest, i already spend quite a lot of time on these as is. While my digital drawings aren't bad (thanks btw^^), there's no way i'll be able to make one of these gals in a single day, at least not for 30-days straight.
(and if i did, it'd look terrible)

However, it doesn't mean digital drawings are out of the question. ;) Making one from scratch takes a long time for me, but now that i have the lineart for them, turning them into digital artworks is a lot less difficult. That will have to wait untill the challenge is over tho. (and yes, Juditt will be first, so look forward to that :3 )

Here's me saying the same thing on the RC forum:
http://robocraftgame.com/forums/topic/a ... st-1853141
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Anyhow, here's the next two entries.
Due to schoolwork that took a higher priority, i wasn't actually able to finish day 11 completely, the linearts is there, but i haven't had the time to shade it.
Day 12 is a neat drawing of kate, my 4th OC (which i have yet to add to my sig). Finally got a good impression of her design, so i'll be doing more with her in the future.^^
30D_MGC_11.jpg
30D_MGC_12.jpg
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 13: Insect girl

Post by [BRindustries] »

*Ding!*
Up next is day 13, day of the insect girl.^^ Being in a cutesy mood i drew Gokicha, the cockroach girl from a while back.
Turns out that the manga is still ongoing, was quite pleased to see that.^^ http://www.mangareader.net/gokicha
30D_MGC_13.jpg
I'll admit the legs came out a bit odd, had some issues with the overall scale of things. :/
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 14: Dullahan

Post by [BRindustries] »

Day 14 is upon us, the day of the Dullahan.
Enjoying the serene winter landscape by playing around in the snow, quite a sight to behold. (wish i had a snowman like that :3)
30D_MGC_14.jpg
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Re: BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 13: Insect girl

Post by Blake81 »

[BRindustries] wrote:*Ding!*
Up next is day 13, day of the insect girl.^^ Being in a cutesy mood i drew Gokicha, the cockroach girl from a while back.
Turns out that the manga is still ongoing, was quite pleased to see that.^^ http://www.mangareader.net/gokicha
30D_MGC_13.jpg
I'll admit the legs came out a bit odd, had some issues with the overall scale of things. :/
Ah, Gokicha, the only manga that will make you love those bugs you often find so disgusting. Also, the anime was pretty great too, despite being short. It had some epic-tier Seiyuus on it.
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Re: BR's 30 day MG challenge - Day 13: Insect girl

Post by Raet »

[BRindustries] wrote:*Ding!*
30D_MGC_13.jpg
That manga... It is going for the same thing I am with the Cukaliki! So glad other people think that way too. The Cukaliki is a cockroach mamonme, but they are clean freaks! They are attracted to people who are very untidy because they want to clean up the mess. I also want to add in a reference to Index and the sisters with them. They are pretty smart by themselves but can share their thoughts as a hive mind when there are more of them. They are my perfect harem mamonme!
ImageImage
Boomerang
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Craziest Praxis writer
Favorite Monster Type: Ureonggaksi

Post by Boomerang »

Gokicha is too cute, the anime was sadly enough limited to a couple of shorts too... Nice art though. =D And the Snow-Dullahan is kewt too. Love how her head has this: oh, this was a bad idea-look.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Well, i'm glad to annonce that my Wi-fi seems to be back to normal again, after some fiddling. Considering i'm already alfway through the contest, i thought it wouldn't hurt to take a break for one day. (it may not seem like much, but drawing on such a regular basis can be pretty tiring on the mind, especially when you have to squeeze it between all your other acivities)

So when taking a break from drawing i went and tried some new fineliner markers i got from me mum. These are probably the nicest fineliners i've used so far, crisp lines, no sucking into the paper, and super thin. So i went and used them on the entry for day 15 and 16, enjoy.^^
30D_MGC_15.jpg
30D_MGC_16.jpg
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, it's a shame we didn't get more of Gokicha. *sadface*
(though, given how incredibly watered-down Terraformars has become, we might not be far off :P)
Boomerang wrote:=D And the Snow-Dullahan is kewt too. Love how her head has this: oh, this was a bad idea-look.
Hehe, thanks.^^ I originally intended it to be a more neutral face, much like Lala's (scarf included), as if she were saying: "What? Is this not how you build a snowman?"

I also Redid her with the liners, looks better.^^
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

*Boink*
For day 17 i decided to redraw an old concept design of mine, and i must say it came out pretty nice.^^
I drew this lovely, classy clockwork lady that tells the time, inspired by those classic Longcase clocks. :3
30D_MGC_17.jpg