Raet's WIPs - Magical Girl in Progress, midtones and jewels

A thread displaying concept art for all work in progress Mamono

General artwork and fan artwork may be shared and/or discussed in here.
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Re: Raet's WIPs - Lamia lineart in progress

Post by Raet »

Well I definitely have to adjust the end and bottom parts of the tail, because thanks to Flare I have noticed two problems or flaws. Here is a representation which shows the original 3D model and the image combined, it also shows the change I made to incorporate her new tail position
Lamia.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Raet's WIPs - Lamia WIP with some colours

Post by Raet »

So here is my latest work on her, to differentiate her from Miia and MGE's lamia I am giving her cherry blossom pink hair(one of my favourite hair colours on manga women) it is also a nod to one of my favourite lamia; Tete. I actually broadened the part of her tail flare mentioned as well as improved the tip of her tail. If you look at the image prior to this one you can see what her tail is actually doing. Also, I want to add that her tail is resting on her sarong.
Lamia.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

Ooooh, the colours work pretty well already. Combined with the underpaint layer they give off a very magic-ey vibe.^^
Hood
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Succubi Pimp
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi,Slimes,Centaurs,Lamias

Post by Hood »

Finally , misa Praxis lamia is ready! I seriously thought there were no lamias in praxis for a while. What would be the main differences compared with the lamias de all know and love?
There are those who would scorn good-natured people. Even if God himself will
not show his face, a heartful person will one day take God's place in
visiting Judgement upon them. This is what is known as "Divine Retribution"
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

well, if you read her profile,

:info:
All lamia passionately yearn to be mothers and are often extremely taken by the cuteness of children. This appears to take place particularly regarding other people's children. Lamia will often allude to said child or children being so cute that they would love to just gobble them up. This is of course not to be taken literally and simply reveals their intense affection towards children and the thought of having their own.
This alludes to the original mythological story of her and that she ate other people's children. There otherwise isn't too much of a difference except for customs regarding what is done with shed skin:

Shed skin is removed with care and diligence and fetches high prices amongst lamia seamstresses. These women soak the shed skins in a solution which leaves the skins soft, pliable and durable. These skins are then combined with an underlying fabric to create the garments lamia wear in public.
And the last difference was an explanation as to how their husband can carry them, etc... Even though their tail would be far too heavy:
One might feel that carnal activities would be impossible and even dangerous for a human, given the weight of a lamia's tail, however this is not the case. As a lamia has the coordination to use her tail muscles to slither while holding her form erect, so too can she control how her tail lies upon a human. While a human is wrapped up in a lamia's serpentine coils, a lamia is still capable, even at the height of pleasure, to hold her powerful tail over a human's body, rather than actually resting her full weight upon him. Newly-wed lamia love to be carried princess style over the threshold. While it appears they are resting their coils upon the ground they are in fact applying just enough pressure that the groom is not actually carrying their full weight.
That section actually has to do with the black mamba of my home country, as they are said to be the most muscular snake of all,
“When threatened with no perceived available escape, these snakes will raise their upper body off the ground to stand erect,” Viernum said. Their front third of their bodies can rise 3 to 4 feet (0.9 to 1.2 m) off the ground.
Last edited by Raet on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Hmm... I expect after this Lamia, Enik Ven will be done.

Which would be rather interesting, considering the love interest of my story. Did you plan for this Raet?
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

Yeah, he actually was missing in action for a while, because I couldn't find the image :wall: . I found it last week on my old computer :happyness:
ImageImage
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Raet wrote:Yeah, he actually was missing in action for a while, because I couldn't find the image :wall: . I found it last week on my old computer :happyness:
Heh, i know that feel. I have like, 3 different locations with subfolders on my PC where i put my thingies, usually i remember most of them, but there are times where i spend a good while looking for them. :sigh:
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Raet's WIPs - Aluraune WIP concept art begun

Post by Raet »

Glad I am not the only one who encounters these frustrating situations :^^;:
aluraune.png
So here is the first concept art of this mamonme which I am currently working on. There is a lot that is going to change, but this should give you a general idea of what I will be going for. I am going to base her off of a passion fruit flower (the reason should be obvious just by the name of the plant :nerd:) Passion fruits also have vines and tendrils which make it possible to her the features most aluraune have. However I have also noted that passion fruit use runners under the ground as well as their tendrils to spread, hence the idea of running.

What do you think? Let me know below.
ImageImage
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Raet's WIPs - Lamia latest, lineart is mostly complete t

Post by Raet »

So here is the latest for lamia.. Actually, a lamia with pink belly scales and white scales would look amazing it seems... This lamia though has mostly cherry pink scales.
Lamia.png
ImageImage
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

The way her scales look and her tail coil unsettles me
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Oh? Can you be a bit specific on how its unsettling?
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

Pierce wrote:Oh? Can you be a bit specific on how its unsettling?
I would like to know as well :^^;:
ImageImage
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Raet wrote:
Pierce wrote:Oh? Can you be a bit specific on how its unsettling?
I would like to know as well :^^;:
Well, depending on the way you look at them they kinda look a lot like big fangs lining the outside of her tail, so i understand what PAZ is getting at.

I quite like the look of it though, as well as the use of lighter colours, very nice.^^

Also i only just noticed the Alraune sketch, looks pretty nice, though i can't help but be reminded of a Lilypad for some reason. :P
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

lol, probably the colours, also her pose is almost right, but needs more adjustments, I need to bring her body and shoulders up more for the pose I want to do, she is actually leaning on the petal while drawing a heart with the nectar. Aluraune can in fact walk as they have feet, they just cannot walk too far. Some facts about Aluraune:
Well Aluraune(going for that name version rather than the normal one.) will be based more on passion fruit and as such her flower will be similar. They are not bound to one region, and while many do stay put, they are capable of moving from region to region via runners under the ground. Aluraune usually bathe in their fragrant flower nectar which is intoxicating to humans. They are able to move about outside of their flower, but the limited radius they can walk is about ten metres. Further than this can be fatal.

Aluraune often pot their flower allowing even more freedom of movement, however this behaviour is often frowned upon by older members of their species. An Aluraune town is called a Floreatana, these are areas where Aluraune have settled permanently and created home flowers. They are passionate beings who while intelligent will still focus most of their energy on netting a husband.

A wedded Aluraune will spend a great deal of time consummating her marriage, this is to ensure a strong home flower which will provide a home for both herself, her husband and their children. Unlike normal blooms, a home flower is extremely sturdy, and holes can be cut into the petals for silk screened windows and to allow light within the home. Aluraune are afraid of fire, however by acquiring heat and light crystals, their kind are able to avoid hibernation in the winter.
ImageImage
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Post by Raet »

Completed quite a few scales today, I have decided I will blur them when I do the final shading steps later.
Lamia.png
ImageImage
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Raet's WIPs - Lamia latest, lineart scales, scales, scal

Post by [BRindustries] »

Scales fo' days, noice.^^
Raet
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Raet's WIPs - Lamia latest, lineart scales, scales, scal

Post by Raet »

So here is aluraune which I am working on at the moment. She currently has some tones. I am shading her like a passion fruit flower due to obvious reason aluraune or alraune fragrance even in the myths and stories has to do with passion and intoxication so I went with passion predominantly. The fibrous, fuzzy stuff is like the growths on a passion fruit flower. Her hair is going to be the colour of the whitish green petals of some passion fruit species.
aluraune.png
ImageImage
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Raet's WIPs - Aluraune some tones and lineart

Post by Feathers »

Hmm I'll wait for the finished product before I comment. Nice eye detail though.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Re: Raet's WIPs - Aluraune some tones and lineart

Post by [BRindustries] »

Aye, it sure looks promising.^^ The passion fruit concept really does fit her well. :3