BRI's workshop

Pretty much just drawings at this point. :T

General artwork and fan artwork may be shared and/or discussed in here.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: BRI's workshop

Post by Feathers »

Gazer is cute! I don't know why but I really like that one. Weird since I was terrified of beholders as a child..
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

Feathers wrote:Gazer is cute! I don't know why but I really like that one. Weird since I was terrified of beholders as a child..
Thanks!^^ That was a bit what i was going for, with the googly eyes and the slightly naughty pose. Though, doing 3 different shades of black with just one pencil is pretty dang hard. :? I'll probably make a digital version of this one too, once i'm done with the others.^^
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Re: BRI's workshop (sculptin' time! ^^)

Post by [BRindustries] »

I'm just gonna leave this here, the little special thing i was working on:
Spoiler: show
The proportions are pretty hard to get right, and the head needs some more adjustments on the details, but overall it's coming along nicely.^^
(though i'm probably gonna steer away from joints in the future, they're a real hassle to work around))
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Tried my hand at a more detailed cyclops here, turned out pretty neat if you ask me.^^
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Damn nice, dude! Can't help but notice all the details in her glove for some reason.

Still, what's she supposed to be? An Oniclops?
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Blake81 wrote:Damn nice, dude! Can't help but notice all the details in her glove for some reason.
Thanks!^^ The glove came out better than the braids, i mean, the one on the left doesn't look quite right. (huehue)
Still, what's she supposed to be? An Oniclops?
Well, i didn't really realize this untill recently, but KC's Cyclops also has a horn in the middle of her forehead. Because amost all other anime-styled Monoeyes don't have one i kinda forgot about it at first, but i must say it does suit her.^^
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I heard that drawing on a grid hinders learning ability since one may rely on them too much. What do you think? Personally I prefer grids for precision, but always wondered if it's better to stick to blank paper instead.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Feathers wrote:I heard that drawing on a grid hinders learning ability since one may rely on them too much. What do you think? Personally I prefer grids for precision, but always wondered if it's better to stick to blank paper instead.
The only reason i drew her on a grid is because i drew her on on of my class notes. (materials science can be so long-winded sometimes -_-")
I prefer blank because the grid can often interfere with how i look at the shapes and break up the view.

I'm not sure how it would hinder the learning, but getting more accustomed to blank may ultimately prove more practical.
(i personally find drawings on blank paper more appealing than on grid paper, too)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I prefer a grid to do measurements, but usually don't draw with one. I think it's just an old CAD habit. I guess no organic drawing can be 100% accurate..
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Re: BRI's workshop (express yourself with Juditt^^)

Post by [BRindustries] »

So, lately i haven't done too much in terms of drawings, but i did manage to make these two thingies here.^^
First off i have a digital versionof the Gazer chibi i drew up before.^^
And secondly i did a little something special. Some chatter over on the Robocraft forums has led me into having a go with E-mote freemovie maker (or emofuri for short), and made a quick test gif of Juditt to see how it works. Did this by slightly editing the default template to look a bit like her.
Without her wings and feather-ears, it's more like a human version of her, right now i'm making a more detailed one, so that one will have all those features.^^
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Hey y'all, little update.^^

I've been doing some more modeling here and there, good fun. and i've finished some big parts for the little mech.^^ I've made the upper legs, most of the pelvis and most of the flight units, have a look.^^
Also, some WIP pics.^^
Hope y'all like it.^^
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Alright, so a while back Feathers and i were talking about making MG based games and stuff, and i've made a bit of progress since then, but since i cannot find that thread for the life of me, i'll just post here instead.
So for this little VN (it'll probably be even shorter than LoveAtFirstSight) i've gone and set up most of the "framework" of the story, placing all the text and actions in the right places.
Schermafdruk 2016-03-08 16.47.59.png
The biggest part is yet to come though, which is making all the illustrations, and as yáll know, with my drawing ability, that's gonna take a while. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Hey that's pretty awesome you are making a VISUAL NOVEL. I'm currently making a fan game about harpies (mostly Kune from Monmusu at the moment). Provided your work is SFW I'll be checking it out for SURE! Anyway I can help?
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Feathers wrote:Hey that's pretty awesome you are making a VISUAL NOVEL. I'm currently making a fan game about harpies (mostly Kune from Monmusu at the moment).
Ooh, definately sounds like something you'd make. :P
Sounds promising, what sort of format could we expect from it?
Provided your work is SFW I'll be checking it out for SURE! Anyway I can help?
Thanks for the offer, but i can't really think of anything right now. Also, it's going to be pretty NSFW, since it's based off of, this:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2175&p=71093#p56338
I'm making this more to familliarize myself with Novelty, so that when it's done i can start on my own original (SFW) story with my own characters.
(super hyped about that one, three guesses who the characters are gonna be^^)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Ah okay so like a fan game? I thought about doing that before, but as usual my life got in the way. Yea I would probably read your work, I like how you write. Aman's work is way too hardcore for me. ^^; I've seen his stuff. *turns blue*

--

And since you asked! My game is basically a new project for RPG Maker MV since I just got it and need to relearn a lot. All my old games are basically scrapped since MV is just so much better.

I love Kune's personality so much so she will be my first harpy. I'm basing her a lot on how she acts in game, with some additions. It's just going to be something simple- Kune the Cockatrice becomes a house guest of a man (my shameless self insert because hey this game is about as selfish as I can get) that loves harpies and lives his dream with her and maybe more. A lot of harpies are rejected for care because most people prefer to adopt Super Rares over the low powered harpies. Since he has the loving passion of countless men for harpies, his love can eventually evolve them into SR level, making them on bar with the strongest monmusu.

Name: Kune / ク一ネ
Nickname: Cutie
Race: Harpy / Cockatrice
Affiliation: Monmusu Immigrant
Class: Cheerleader
Home Town: Akihabara, Japan

Personality: Playful, innocent, timid, persistent, motherly, passionate (likes romance)
Likes: Singing, learning, cheering, snuggling, bread, being pet on the wings, tail, or head (in character!)
Dislikes: Being weak, being ignored, snakes, birds being sold as food, people hurting or being mean to her master
Dreams: Taking care of her master and being with him forever, being romantic and loving, being stronger than a dragon

Today I got the text and character image all set up, and threw together basic title screen.
1.jpg
2.jpg
And that's all I have for now on that. So "Saving" the harpies is more so saving them from being weak and being unable to defend themselves against stronger monmusu, which is in my opinion, extremely unfair to harpies in Monmusu Online and in so many other games.

I'll be using a lot of the resources from the online game itself since it's a fan game. After playing the game I am upset that the harpies are weak, so I want to make them strong. :) Each "Episode" will star a different harpy to save. I'm not taking time to polish everything this time, or else I'll never get anything done. Could be a future endeavor if the project takes off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Yeah, i'll agree that Aman's stuff isn't for everyone. ^^;
I don't think my writing is that different actually, maybe i focus more on the positive things, but that's about it.
(Probably the result of watching too many funny youtubers :P)

And wow, that sounds pretty fun, i like how the setting relates to your forum role.^^ I'm not too big on rpg's in general, save for a few exeptions, but th7s one i'd definately play. :3 (Kune sure is hella cute^^)
(also i have no right to be complaining about self-inserts, since that's pretty much what my whole story is gonna be about, lol)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I like your writing because it's positive. I laugh people that say "well, that's life" when I gripe about games I don't like. I read and play games that help me escape life and have fun! I don't might struggles in games, as long as the outcomes are good.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

I'll just quickly drop these here, made ém a while back but never got around to posting them. :3
http://brindustries.deviantart.com/art/ ... -606365050
http://brindustries.deviantart.com/art/ ... -615113652
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

You have an amazing knack for technical, mechanical, and robotic type drawings. That Robocraft one is freakin' nice man.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Feathers wrote:You have an amazing knack for technical, mechanical, and robotic type drawings. That Robocraft one is freakin' nice man.
Thanks.^^ I will admit i'm better at drawing technical stuff than doing organic shapes like people and stuff. Especially with the colouring and shading mechanical drawings just work better for me. :3