BRI's workshop

Pretty much just drawings at this point. :T

General artwork and fan artwork may be shared and/or discussed in here.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Re: BRI's workshop

Post by Phantom77 »

Holy shit, I had NO idea this was here. Good God BRI, I sincerely apology for my inattentiveness to your work.

The unit looks very nice, and I see you did well to design it to fit my motif. Well done, well done. "Arcane Aggressor", huh? Sounds interesting, the swords especially have caught my attention. Energy-laced and vibration function, impressive I must say. Complete with bits for omnidirectional attacks, hand plasma beams, and vulcans along with head cannons. Looks to be quite the powerhouse.

What does C.W.I.S stand for by the way?
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Yeah, it's unfortunate that so many people's work gets ignored so much around here.
Spoiler: show
(Even awesome work like BRI's.)
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Phantom77 wrote:
Is it ment to stand for "Close In Weapon System" or am I reading it wrong?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

Phantom77 wrote:Holy shit, I had NO idea this was here. Good God BRI, I sincerely apology for my inattentiveness to your work.

The unit looks very nice, and I see you did well to design it to fit my motif. Well done, well done. "Arcane Aggressor", huh? Sounds interesting, the swords especially have caught my attention. Energy-laced and vibration function, impressive I must say. Complete with bits for omnidirectional attacks, hand plasma beams, and vulcans along with head cannons. Looks to be quite the powerhouse.

Thanks, i'm glad you like it.^^ From the general theme, powerful arsenal, and good agility, the name Arcane Agressor seemd to fit quite nicely. (quite catchy too^^) And it's ok, this is not exactly the most active thread. (kinda like me :P)

C.I.W.S. stands for Close-In Weapons System, which refers to the system that modern-day millitary ships use as last line of defense against incoming missiles (or figher aircraft, if the situation calls for it.) These systems use a radar-guided gatling cannon for their high fire rate, and since some mobile suits from the gundam series use chest mounted guns for the same purpose, i put one and two together to what it is now.^^
Little example of a C.I.W.S. here:
[youtube]hn_dH19R-q4[/youtube]
Feathers wrote:Yeah, it's unfortunate that so many people's work gets ignored so much around here.
(Even awesome work like BRI's.)
Yeah, it's quite easy to accidentally miss something in here. These posts didn't even show up in my recent posts que, i only noticed them through my mail inbox. (i subbed to my own thread, lol)

EDIT: aaaaand i just noticed i spelled C.I.W.S. wrong in the image.......*headdesk* I should probably fix that.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Just came across this image on my harddrive today, a more detailed version of the image i posted in the Sketchtoy thread a while back.
Quite a cute bunch if ya ask me. :mrgreen:
RobotDaycare.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Welp, today was the first day of my new education, and since we didn't really do all that much (just a long-winded introduction and some simple stuff i already know) i got bored and drew Manako-chan instead. Started with a little portrait, but decided to do the whole shebang anyway. I like to think i'm actually getting fairly good at this. (suit Manako is best Manako^^)
IMG-20150831-00385.jpg
IMG-20150831-00386.jpg
also, yesterday i got a good look at all the books i'll be using this year and holy crappings that's a lot of material! :what!?:
Thermodynamics, materials science, static engineering, dynamic engineering (to name a few), this is gonna be tough.
But hey, if it were too easy it wouldn't be fun, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Hello folks, BR here again with a little update on some of my recent work.

Have done some minor touch-ups to the big mech, mostly on the torso and shoulder. Just a little extra detail here and there, plus some hardpoints for attatching various modules. (i always liked the heavy-equipment type units, never enuff dakka^^) I also gave it a second hand with wrist articulation. It's a bit rough and skinny right now, so it'll need a bit more work.
Secondly, i've started another small build, this time it's an original design, meant to be an improved mass-production model of the big mech. I think i'll be making most of my build in the future at this scale. Sure the large scale is nice for detailing and such, but the joints and materials just have a hard time coping with it's size. I'll do at least one more build at the larger scale, the MAM-01 S-type, a Succubus-themed unit that is more "rounded" compared to the current one's boxy design.

So anyways, here's the inner frame of the little one, and sice my precision with cutting the pieces has increased quite a bit overtime, it's much more intricate so it has lot's of maneuverability and joints that are seperate from the armor/frame portions.
And lastly i'm doing another side build, a surprise for my lil' sis. Not gonna tell what it's gonna be yet, just that it's gonna involve clay sculpting. (just gonna see how that goes) I also tried out a new type of styrene rod, which fits inside the smaller tube, so i can now make even smaller joints.^^
So yeah, that's some of the stuff i've been up to lately, hope y'all like it. ;)
prophet
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: pilgrim
Favorite Monster Type: draconian,lamia types,elf,

Post by prophet »

do you 3d print theese? or you just order them?
"you do realize don't you?, everyone speaks about justice and equity, but you will never hear them speak of balance or order. Why? because they are afraid that they will have to answer for their actions, good and bad"
Passing Traveler
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

prophet wrote:do you 3d print theese? or you just order them?
This is all scratch built using different kinds of styrene materials (tubes, strips, sheets, etc.) and gluing them together, much in the same way one would make a frame for a bycycle. (just alot smaller and more fiddly) Good fun to do, just very time-consuming :^^;: )
The styrene stuff can be bought at most model shops, at a pretty decent price too.^^

I have been thinking of getting one of those 3D-printing pens, the ones that allow you to draw 3d objects. Not only is it MUCH cheaper than a full-on printer, it also saves the hassle of having to model the part in CAD-software first. It'll be very nice for making more rounded parts (which is pretty hard to do with this styrene stuff), so i can just doodle a basic shape of the part i need, fill it up, and sand it down to it's final shape very quickly, just by visual reference.^^
Raet
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Reality Melder
Favorite Monster Type: Erumo, Bovi, Slime, Lamia

Post by Raet »

I never noticed that image of manako until now, nice work!
ImageImage
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Raet wrote:I never noticed that image of manako until now, nice work!
Thanks!^^ I guess that by now i've imagined, sketched, and drawn her so many times i've quite gotten the hang of it. (somewhat)

Also, i've finally gotten the hang of doing some decent looking gradients in my drawings, so i'm also re-doing some of my drawings here and there, including my sig. (it sure looks alot better, and i'm quite surprised by how simple it actually is)
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Oh, almost forgot, since i finally figured out how to do some proper gradients, i made some additions to Phantom's unit, and i must say it's quite an improvement! (also fixed the typo)
BRI-CB-04 Arcane Agressor2.jpg
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

I must admit, the shade is quite nice.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Moar sketches, moar Manako, moar fun! :mrgreen:
(please disregard my horrible handwriting)
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Man, finally! Finally someone with a handwriting as bad as mine! I always thought I was alone in the world. :XD:

Anyway, damn! That Manako looks super cute. :goodjob:
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Blake81 wrote:Man, finally! Finally someone with a handwriting as bad as mine! I always thought I was alone in the world. :XD:

Anyway, damn! That Manako looks super cute. :goodjob:
Oh trust me, i've seen a LOT worse than this. :?
About 5 years ago i had some guy in my class whose handwriting was so bad even he himself couldn't read it after 10 seconds. :lol:

And thanks!^^ That really was what i was going for, classy cute.^^ (might do an attempt at colouring this one, haven't tried that in a loooong time)
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Re: BRI's workshop (chibi's galore)

Post by [BRindustries] »

Got some chibi's for y'all, because everyone loves chibi's.^^
I only had a limited palette to work with, so some of the colousr are a bit off from the actual designs, but i tried getting them to be as close as possible.
From the lot i find Juditt's (the harpy) turned out the best. The zombie gal on the far right is also part of the group, but i haven't gotten around to putting her in my signature yet, partially since i'm still not sure about some of her design.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Who is this new harpy I see?!
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Post by [BRindustries] »

Feathers wrote:Who is this new harpy I see?!
Ah, that would be Juditt, my dear secretary.^^ She's a dilligent. hard-working gal from Germany, who bears a big resemblance with the bird species Saggitarius serpentarius, something her co-workers tease her with from time to time. :mrgreen:

Just made a more detailed drawing of her, using the sketch as a base.^^
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess

Re: BRI's workshop (MOAR CHIBIS)

Post by [BRindustries] »

Got some more chibi's for ya.^^
This time i decided to draw the lovely monoeye cousins from the MGE-verse. (these were done from memory, so they're not 100% accurate, but let's just call that "artistic license" for now.^^")
IMG-20151203-00475 (800x598).jpg
Also, it occurred to me today that, while there's alot of cute monoeye fanart going around of popular characters like Manako, Hitomi-sensei, Fumin, etc, i have not seen a single fanart of the "original" MGE Cyclops, even though she's the one who brought the monoeyes to a wider audience.
I found that to be a bit of a shame, because she's just as lovely as the other gals. :sigh: (guess i'll have to do it myself again...)