90 Day Monster Girl Challenge

Creative insanity at it's finest!

General artwork and fan artwork may be shared and/or discussed in here.
AdventDestiny
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: Tokusatsu Mastermind!
Favorite Monster Type: Kaiju

90 Day Monster Girl Challenge

Post by AdventDestiny »

So you may be wondering, "What's this? There's already a 30 Day Monster Girl Challenge topic around, what's different about this?" Well, allow me to clarify; this is my own reimagining of the three 30 Day Monster Girl Challenges [The first challenge was created by DarkChibiShadow a.k.a. dscart on both deviantArt and Tumblr, the second was created by Le Caillou Vaudou and Coda Leia on just Tumblr, and the third list was created by yours truly on deviantArt and Tumblr!] In this case, I combined all three lists into a single list, organized in alphabetical order and divided into two categories, confined and non-confined. Confined means there's an expectation for ultimately what will come out, most of which are based on mythological beings. Non-confined means that there is really no limit to what can be created, so long as it includes the description in some form or another.

Write now this is more a less a personal project of mine, though I certainly welcome anyone reading this to try it out for themselves. Here are some simple rules and guidelines for the challenge:

1. Though it's called the 90 Day Monster Girl Challenge, I'm setting the completion date to one year, because doing this for 3 months straight is probably too much to ask for anyone who isn't an insanely talented artist! It doesn't matter when you start the challenge, but that you complete the challenge within twelve months after you started [for example, if you start the challenge right now, you will have until the end of May 2017 to complete the challenge].

2. All creations must be done for the challenge, though you are free to use characters or designs you've already created, so long as they fit into the presented categories, and are actually created within the time the challenge is started.

3. Any art medium is welcome, be it traditional, digital, 2d, 3d, or even literary.

4. Since it is a longer challenge, artists are free to spend more than one day working on an individual monster girl. For the sake of avoiding spending too much time on a single subject, I recommend planning to complete a subject by three days, otherwise people could end up not having enough time to complete the challenge in a year, as hard as it is to believe. It's alright if it takes a little longer than three days, so long as you work to make sure you can complete the challenge as a whole by the end of the year.

5. This goes without saying, but do your best. It doesn't matter how it compares to anyone else's work, so long as it's clearly a completed project within the limits of your current skills.

6. If what you come up with is NSFW, please use a spoiler and post a warning if there's any potentially objectional material in it. Please nothing too extreme.

7. It doesn't matter what order you do the list in, just try and make sure you keep track of which monster girls you've already done.

8. MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Try to have fun and be creative!

90 Day Monster girl Challenge List
Spoiler: show
Air Elemental
Alien
Amazon
Angel
Banshee
Bogeyman
Canine Girl
Centaur
Chimera
Cyclops
Demon
Djinn
Dragon/Reptile Girl
Dullahan
Dziwozona
Earth Elemental
Erinyes
Fairy
Fallen Angel
Feline Girl
Fire Elemental
Frankenstein’s Bride
Gargoyle
Ghost
Ghoul
Giantess
Glaistig
Goblin
Goddess
Golem
Gorgon
Harpy
Insect Girl
Kaiju Girl
Kami
Lamia
Lammasu
Living Doll
Lorialet/Lunatic
Maenad
Mandrake
Mermaid
Mimic Girl
Minotaur
Mummy
Mutant Girl
Naga
Non-Wolf Werebeast
Nymph
Octomaid
Ogre
Phoneix
Plant Girl
Reaper
Robot
Rusalka
Satyr
Selkie
Siren
Slasher Girl
Slime
Sphinx
Spider Girl
Succubus
Tengu
Troll
Valkyrie
Vampire
Water Elemental
Wendigo
Werewolf
Will-O-Wisp
Witch
Yeti
Yokai
Zombie

A Group of Monster Girls Together
A Monster Girl and Her Significant Other
A Truly Gruesome Girl
Favorite Monster Girl Character
Favorite Monster Girl Type
Favorite Movie Monster Turned Monster Girl
Favorite Video Game Monster Turned Monster Girl
Monster Girl Family
Monster Girl Twins
Multiple Limbs
True Monster
Your Personal Fear as a Monster Girl
Your Personal Desire as a Monster Girl
Celebrate Monster Girls!
PS: Because this list was created from the three 30 Day Challenges, I opted to replace the second and third Celebrate Monster Girls! categories with the Fairy and Mutant Girl, two concepts I really like that didn't make it into my personal list.

Like I said, this is primarily a challenge to myself, to get my creative gears going and actually do some monster girl designs from beginning to end, but nothing would make me happier than to see others competing in this challenge as well! I'll make sure to include a link to my gallery on deviantArt and any other sites were I post my artwork, once I have them established.
“Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy.They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them.”

Ishirō Honda, director of the original Godzilla film
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: 90 Day Monster Girl Challenge

Post by Feathers »

90 days?! Wow good luck man, I'd probably lose on day 1.
AdventDestiny
Magician
Magician

Post by AdventDestiny »

That's the beauty of this challenge, you won't lose unless you do absolutely nothing for a year!
“Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy.They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them.”

cyrus-cain
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Some lunatic
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by cyrus-cain »

Does it have to be in that order or is the order going to be set to something else?
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I think 7. answers your question.
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Post by [BRindustries] »

Oh god, i swear when i'm done with my 30 days i'm not gonna be touching anything like this for a looong time. :@_@:
AdventDestiny wrote:That's the beauty of this challenge, you won't lose unless you do absolutely nothing for a year!
Mate, you do not know of the horror that is my procastination. :P
AdventDestiny
Magician
Magician

Post by AdventDestiny »

Oh believe me, I'm well aware of the nightmare of procrastination, part of what motivated me to do this is to present a challenge that would effectively be a way to make a nice hobby, while still leaving room for people to do other things without having to focus on designing monster girls all the time.