[Nintendo] Pokémon Franchise

The place to go for all pokemon game info.

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: [3DS][Switch] Pokemon

Post by Jinouga87 »

Y'all ready for Pokemon Sleep?! Get sleeping!

Pokemon Masters looks like a possible Gacha game.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: [3DS][Switch] Pokemon

Post by Feathers »

I'll try any Pokémon game that doesn't require me to leave the house to enjoy it. :D
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Re: [Nintendo] Pokémon Franchise

Post by Jinouga87 »

This thread has been quiet on the wake of all the SwSh stuff going on.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I'm not really excited for it to be honest. I guess the new Raven looking Pokémon looks kinda cool..but that's about it. The announcement of company's biased pick and choosing of returning Pokémon and no new difficulty modes was a downer for me. I'd of preferred a clean slate of 100% new Pokémon only, over biased picks of returning ones.

I have a feeling they just want a fresh generation of Pokémon fans, because they obviously aren't gonna bother to "evolve" the series beyond better graphics and pointless mechanics like Gigantism and Z moves..only to remove them in the next game. -_-

Well nothin else to say about S/S for now.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Yeah, nothing really of note or spectacular.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

You guys haven't seen the leaks by chance have you?
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

I'd rather not see the leaks. Out of tradition I'm still planning on getting it but the hype for the game is definitely gone. Infact it's easy to say that Sword and Shield have the most negative fanbase I've seen and it's impressive that it achieved that despite not being released yet
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Well... It's kinda hard to get hyped for a game that will be released on a console you don't have...^^u
Other than that my expectations for this franchise have drastically plummeted thanks to the 7th generation, not to mention that it feels (to me at the very least) that the effort is going to the Masters mobage rather than the Switch titles.

If I happen to get a Switch of my own I'll give them a try, but let's say that they're far from being a priority this time around.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I heard they are sending brutal copyright strikes about leaks. They would have to be crazy or desperate for attention to put it on Youtube and note expect to get striked by the big N. No though, I am not looking at leaks, I'll know soon enough what to expect in a week.

If a Pokémon Pro like Kaijin isn't hyped that's saying a lot to me about how "meh" Pokémon has gotten in the recent times.

Well I had my fun with Black and Blue, but I guess they left a bruise, cuz I haven't been able to enjoy a Pokémon game since then. I didn't even get past the first leaders in Sun and X, I just got so bored so quickly with all the hand holding and gimmicks.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Due to seeing the leaks I'm more hyped for Pokemon Home At This point. I mean some stuff is cool but my god a lot of what they've done is really shameful.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

I haven't seen any leaks here.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

The Pokemon games have always been geared towards kids so they never really go for what the older fans want really. I mean they did the three strike rule that ruins the game even for me

- No national dex
- No Pokemon transfers on previous gens
- Z and mega evolution mechanic removed

Yea it sucks really I hope the new features make up for that but I highly doubt it
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Pokemonaces wrote:The Pokemon games have always been geared towards kids so they never really go for what the older fans want really. I mean they did the three strike rule that ruins the game even for me

- No national dex
- No Pokemon transfers on previous gens
- Z and mega evolution mechanic removed

Yea it sucks really I hope the new features make up for that but I highly doubt it
Actually it's only transfers for Pokemon in the GalarDex. It's also worth mentioning that Gen 7 also lacked a National Dex but you could still transfer all the Pokemon.
Flare wrote:I haven't seen any leaks here.
They exist trust me. I'm keeping it to myself as I don't want to spoil anybody and ruin things for them.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Well what can you expect? They literally got in this mess themselves by showing the middle finger to their fanbase... Not to mention that focusing their efforts almost entirely on a money grabbing app rather than trying to polish their FIRST non spin off title for a non handheld console (this should've been a big deal for crying out loud).

I can't say that I'm happy to see such an outcome, but... You reap what you sow after all.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Jinouga87 wrote:[
Flare wrote:I haven't seen any leaks here.
They exist trust me. I'm keeping it to myself as I don't want to spoil anybody and ruin things for them.

I know they exist too. I just ment I haven't looked at them.

Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Kaijin wrote:Well what can you expect? They literally got in this mess themselves by showing the middle finger to their fanbase... Not to mention that focusing their efforts almost entirely on a money grabbing app rather than trying to polish their FIRST non spin off title for a non handheld console (this should've been a big deal for crying out loud).

I can't say that I'm happy to see such an outcome, but... You reap what you sow after all.
Game Freak wasn't involved in Masters actually. Though GO and Masters are a big factor in why Game Freak didn't try. Why should they put effort into this when an app makes as much as a $60 game?
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

I actually thought that they had a much bigger role behind Masters, but they (or rather Pokémon Company) are just responsible of its distribution.
Although I can see Pokémon Company focusing entirely on apps in a not so far future if Gen VIII ends up turning into a huge flop, as GO fares quite well and Masters made 10 millions $ in just 4 days.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

People always talk about how the game is for kids, but I enjoyed Black/White immensely, so I know I can still enjoy Pokémon. I had so much fun raising them and always knowing they will be with me in the next game, or so I thought...

I know the game will sell well, and probably live on though. The smug dev commentary is what really turned me off toward their entire company. Hopefully the next gen of game devs can save it.

Okay yea, I saw the leaks..lots of people with hacked Switches already have the entire game. Saw you also get a free Eevee and Pikachu early on for having saves on the Let's Go for those games on your Switch too. Graphics look really nice, but still lots of handholding. The rival is just the typical endless hyperactive kid who still picks plant type when you pick fire..hah.. At least it looks more exciting than the Let's Go games.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Game Freak is now Greedfreak from this point onward due to adding paid DLC to SwSh.