[Wii-U/3DS] Super Smash Bros 4

For 3DS and Wii U!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: [Wii-U/3DS] New Super Smash Bros!

Post by Kaijin »

Okay... And the point that concerns me the most about the Wii U version is not covered at all...

I can't help but wondering if the Wii U version and the 3DS version will have different rebalances or not (if the both versions will have the same propoerties and quirks, if there are gonna be remarkable difrences... heck even if the tier list and match up charts are gonna be the same), in case they're not rebalanced in the same way it's gonna be one hell of a nightmare since it basically means to learn to play twice (and the Smash series is something way deeper and more complicated if you intend to go beyond the casual level...).

.P.S.: I consider what they're gonna do with Mewtwo a really dick move on their behalf by the way.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Why would you say brining Mewtwo would be a dick move? For the most part, I think that it's a great relief for fans who tought the character roster wont have DLC.

As for the quirks. Well if your stating quirks as in how gameplay works wbetween the 3ds and wiiu version with different frame speeds and so forth, well I wouldn't know really. Probably the same.
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

I think it's HOW you get Mewtwo that is the dick move. And I'm honestly inclined to agree. Having to own both versions for him just is not worth it.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

Oh that's what he mean ok. Yea well I'll agree with that. it is a rather low blow. Though I imagine paying for DLC mewtwo won't be that much, least I hope not >_>
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

As for the quirks. Well if your stating quirks as in how gameplay works wbetween the 3ds and wiiu version with different frame speeds and so forth, well I wouldn't know really. Probably the same.
Not really...
More in terms of hit properties, particular changes in recovery times, hitbox alteration, twinkering in the damage scaling and things of the like... Things that could how character plays completely (to the point of having to relearn how to play).
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

Oh those ok ^_^

I honestly wouldn't know myself if changes like that would occur. I mean the very short gameplay vid showed between the comparison of the 3DS and WIIU version looked practically the same. But of course, till the WIIU version comes out, all I can do is guess like everyone else.

But I'd say no changes really, just resizing the characters to fit WIIU's bigger screens of course. Oh and 8 multiplayers at the same time? Fuck now that would be a smash orgy right there XD

Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

So...Out of blatant curiosity I'd kinda want know who you guys play with in the game. Who are your mains? Which characters stand out to you the most? Who are your least liked characters?

I ask because if possible I may want to fight some of you when I eventually get the game. You know, build bonds in the forum through matches and whatnot. Plus I like competition. ^^ Oh and if you're curious here's who I use. I use a lot of people, but these are the ones I use the most.

Ike
Marth
Link/Toon Link
Zelda
Fox
Falco

I may pick up Lucina and Robin. Maybe Palutena, maybe.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

I've been enjoying R.O.B., Little Mac, and been working a bit with Palutena, now that I got some of her alternate moves.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

The Dreamland Crew, Pit, Dark Pit, Rosalina, and I kinda like Megaman even if he can be a little limited compared to the others.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Got a Wii U for myself. Was only $200 since it was a repackpage (the box was literally just opened and that's it) so I figured now or never! Also picked up Smash and a Zelda Amiibo (my original elven waifu from childhood). The game came with Super Mario 3D World as well. I gota say, I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase.

Nintendo really did a nice job with the Wii U. I'm not toooo fond of the mini mirrored screen on the gamepad, but it is a neat feature I suppose. I just hope it has more good Nintendo games and Amiibo uses. I LOVE AMIIBOS! Playing around with AI has always been one of my favorite things to do.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

Ah I see. An interesting slew of characters you all use.

Also, Feathers, could you perhaps tell me where you bought a Wii U for $200? I really wanted one this year but it was too expensive where I went.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

If it's a repack or refurb you can get it for 8$5-$100 off. Any retail store that sells repackages I'd assume would have it for low $200s. I've seen some at Best Buy and Target so far (of course they fly off the shelves too), or here.

Check online for repacks/refurbs at participating retail stores OR at their physical locations.

As for Smash, I miss the 1v1 matches in Smash for the classic mode. Everything is just too crazy with 8 CPUs, and harder to get some focused practice in. Need some humans to try against soon. I have to unlock everything still. Hyrule Warriors is eating up my time though, heheh..
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

The "rare" Amiibos are so frustratingly difficult to find. I was never able to get a Pit Amiibo, because people are being greedy and bought up the entire shelf so they could Ebay them for 2.5x the original value. Nintendo failed pretty hard on the Amiibos. At least I was able get Zelda since she is common. Didn't take a chance on missing Rosetta though, preordered her.

Unlike most people I like the Amiibos because they are my teammates and sparring partners. The AI evolution is so cool! It's too bad it wasn't just built into the game though, but yea Nintendo must be hurting for money, they can't even include an AC power charger in the New 3DS.. :?
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Re: [Wii-U/3DS] Super Smash Bros 4

Post by Jinouga87 »

Feathers wrote:The "rare" Amiibos are so frustratingly difficult to find. I was never able to get a Pit Amiibo, because people are being greedy and bought up the entire shelf so they could Ebay them for 2.5x the original value. Nintendo failed pretty hard on the Amiibos. At least I was able get Zelda since she is common. Didn't take a chance on missing Rosetta though, preordered her.

Unlike most people I like the Amiibos because they are my teammates and sparring partners. The AI evolution is so cool! It's too bad it wasn't just built into the game though, but yea Nintendo must be hurting for money, they can't even include an AC power charger in the New 3DS.. :?
Yeah scalpers are annoying. They're everywhere and fit into all media. The big issue is for Smash Bros ones that can be used in the new Mario Party....
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

Phantom77 wrote:So...Out of blatant curiosity I'd kinda want know who you guys play with in the game. Who are your mains? Which characters stand out to you the most? Who are your least liked characters?

I ask because if possible I may want to fight some of you when I eventually get the game. You know, build bonds in the forum through matches and whatnot. Plus I like competition. ^^ Oh and if you're curious here's who I use. I use a lot of people, but these are the ones I use the most.

Ike
Marth
Link/Toon Link
Zelda
Fox
Falco

I may pick up Lucina and Robin. Maybe Palutena, maybe.
My Mains are as followed
1st: Tied between Little Mac and Shulk. I give people little time to react when I'm using little mac since I rush at them head on. Shulk, I use his monado arts effectively.
2nd: Tied between Lucina and Marth. Both are pretty much the same character really
3rd: Meta knight. He got nerfed...Hard, but hey, I'm still really good with him
4th: Robin. Robin is really fun to play, he's just really slow
5th: Luigi. Luigi is another character that got nerfed. It's annoying since he was my best in brawl

As for the Amiibos. I only got Link and Samus atm. Little mac and Marth sold out for Greedy Ebay users...god I want to tear their f***ing faces off! :hate:

L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

Glad Kirby is a common but didn't get any amiibos yet. I do want a Megaman amiibo though in the future and a amiibo for Pit. A Villager would be nice but people are buying them. Whether it's completionists or scalpers you just can't find that one amiibo nowadays.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Man, good luck paying anything less than ~$30 for a Pit. The shipping fees are always ridiculously high as well.

Been camping him for weeks, and I don't think his price is EVER gona go down. After Rosalina I'm done with Amiibos, unless a winged Palutena pops up (doubt it). I just hope my order actually shipped correctly. Ordering online is always nerve wracking for me. (That's why I prefer stores, Pierce.)

At least I managed to secure the Palutena/Pit and Rosalina posters with my Club Nintendo points. :happyness:
ssb_poster_big_1.jpg
Be sure to register your Nintendo games/consoles and use your coins soon guys, they are canceling Club Nintendo in a couple months.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Received my posters and wow do they ever look good. Palutena is now watching over me while on the comp, and Rosalina while I'm on the Wii U. :D

My Rosetta & Chiko Amiibo arrived a couple days ago, and I picked up Bowser and Toon Link (traded 'em for an old game) this week as well. Pit is $40 now, must be getting even more rare. These Amiibos are hard to not collect. I may even sell my old Pokemon Blue next, to get some more. :D

Watching Amiibos learn your playstyle is amazing. They can decimate level 9 CPUs easily. I'm working on making Toon Link a full on archer now. He shoots up to 7 arrows straight now and always keeps his distance.

I also heard they are bringing back the Marth Amiibo (probably because of Code Steam). I feel bad for the folks who paid big for him.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Another Capcom character in a Namco made game? Hello there newly appointed ultra bottom tier.
As for Roy... He's there because they already had the model done from previous SSB, once they embellish it to make it look new and presto! new character.

.P.S.: I find Roy's addition deliciously ironic and hypocritical by the way... They originally discarded Chrom because he would feel like another boring sword wielding character/Marth's clone, and now they go and add a character who was, is and will always be a Marth's clone? Really smooth move Sakurai-dono. ¬¬#