[Mobile] Breath of Fire 6

For...

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

[Mobile] Breath of Fire 6

Post by Feathers »

I never thought I'd see another Breath of Fire game. I'm really excited about this one, but I'm also skeptical of the new route Capcom's going to take it.
BOF6.jpg
Capcom announced Breath of Fire 6 for PC browsers/tablet/smartphones today. It's an online touch RPG designed to be easily playable anywhere and on pretty much any device. Your data can be swapped between the computer, your phone, and your tablet. The game goes live in 2014.
http://www.japanator.com/breath-of-fire ... 9265.phtml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musical74
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Master of Mistakes
Favorite Monster Type: Siren, Fairy, Holsty o my!

Re: Breath of Fire 6 announced!

Post by musical74 »

I'm a bit skeptical about this...

LOVED Bof1, 2 was so so, 3 was WONDERFUL, and was so disgusted with 4 that I never bothered playing 5. Now, there will be people who feel Bof2 and 4 are great, but they seemed less polished and had lots of questions (why were you fighting St Eva's forces? It's not explained for a long time... and the switch to the *other dragon* in Bof4 is *HUH??* for a long time too)/ It will be interesting to see how they put this, but I'm not going to rush out and buy it on the strength of the name alone
Mina and Cassandra prove that you CAN have light and dark together!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I never played 1, but I have played 2, 3, and 4. BoF4 has its charms too and Nina was especially a good reason to play it. What turned you off about the game? The dual story route and the minigames? I never played 5, but after seeing Nina's "wings" I was uninterested. Defeathering one of my favorite winged ladies is a huge offense, Capcom! >_<
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Feathers wrote:I never played 1, but I have played 2, 3, and 4. BoF4 has its charms too and Nina was especially a good reason to play it. What turned you off about the game? The dual story route and the minigames? I never played 5, but after seeing Nina's "wings" I was uninterested. Defeathering one of my favorite winged ladies is a huge offense, Capcom! >_<
BoF5 Nina needs friends though. She was more than just defeathered.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

:what!?: :stunned: No.... wait, this can't be possible..... Is this a dream again?

*Grabs a nearby needle and sticks it in one of his fingers*

Ouch!..... Okay, I'm not dreaming. *Reads the news again and takes a deep breath*

F-YEAH!!!!!! :goodjob: :happyness: :hellyes:

Man, you have no idea of how happy I am to see this series brought back to life. And to make it even better it will be FOR PC!!! Still, the whole ``Online´´ thing gives me a bit of a bad vibe; I just hope we ain't at the gates of another FFXI; hope they do just like in TERA and make it free at some point, or else I might not be able to play it(Using pirate copies of online games ain't a good idea.). Yet, my dearest wish is that they make the Worrent and Grassrunner Clans a playable race...

......The mere idea of seeing Katt reborn is.... is..... HHNNNNNNNGGGG!!!!! :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

It's funny how we were just talking about BoF coming back and BAM there it is.
musical74
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Master of Mistakes
Favorite Monster Type: Siren, Fairy, Holsty o my!

Post by musical74 »

Feathers: I think the thing that soured me on 4 was the dual arc more than anything. The *main arc* is fine, and there are some pieces that are quite humorous, not to mention the *hey, I'm gonna assist you!* but the other dragon route was HUH? for awhile, and frankly could care less about Fou Lu (think that was his name).

Online-only...I hope not, I dislike games that REQUIRE you do be online to play
Mina and Cassandra prove that you CAN have light and dark together!
Mac_Green
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: None
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia and Nekomimi

Post by Mac_Green »

I'm not liking this so far, but I'll keep an open mind. As far as I can tell, mobile gaming for tablets, phones, and browsers is basically where franchises go to die in America. Granted, that might be a bit too... well, defeatist, but I'm not sure I know of many ports of console series to mobile devices that keep going after that first game. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head. But right now, this smells too much like Rockman X-Over to me.
Beware the wrath of the minor roles!
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

musical74 wrote:Now, there will be people who feel Bof2 and 4 are great, but they seemed less polished and had lots of questions (why were you fighting St Eva's forces? It's not explained for a long time... and the switch to the *other dragon* in Bof4 is *HUH??* for a long time too)/ It will be interesting to see how they put this, but I'm not going to rush out and buy it on the strength of the name alone
The thing with BoF2 was that the english version was horribly Shitslated. To the point the story itself was killed, and hell, thet even reversed the Yes and No buttons! Those translators must have been drinking on the job.....

Still, thanks to a group of Fanslators, we got a patch that fixes the terrible translation:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1384

That's how it SHOULD have been from the beggining.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

First trailer finally released:
Breath of Fire 6, subtitled Guardians of the White Dragon, is set to be published as an online, web-based role-playing game to debut on iOS, Android, and "touch-based Microsoft Windows computers." Capcom has stated that it is designed to be an "easy touch type online RPG" with simple controls. Release will be Spring 2015
[youtube]3jkoQJ4Vd-w[/youtube]

After Brave Frontier iOS, I'll never doubt a "simple controls" RPG again. It's probably one of the greatest RPGs I've played. It's also the top iOS game at Gamefaqs, that's tellin' ya something! I love deep and detailed RPGs, but never thought a simple one could be so engaging until I played one on the iOS.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

That looks cool, but honestly, all I wanna see if a female Worrent. :XD:
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

When I see Capcom continuing to make ridiculous business decisions like this, I just......
4947248304_891526c39b_z.jpg

They used to be so cool. I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO SAY THAT ABOUT CAPCOM!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah all the old crew must be moving on or retiring. This ain't the Capcom I knew as a kid. I mean come ON, wingless Nina? Really?
Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Deus Ex Epsilon
Favorite Monster Type: All Epsilon Pokegirls
Location: In the background of Epsilon, building the world bit by bit

Post by Fanfic Fetishist »

I've only played 1, but watched playthroughs of 2 and 3.

Not really thrilled about the platform for this...
Check out Pokegirls Epsilon!:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
http://www.f-list.net/c/fanfic%20fetishist/
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

BoF6 isn't even a true BoF game. Leave it to Crapcom these days.