Saint's Row series

Sex, guns, and various forms of music for all!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Saint's Row series

Post by Flare »

So with the impending release of Saint's Row the 4th, I have to ask... who here has played any of the games in the series?

I myself have 3, and 4 ready to go on Steam. Would not mind getting 2 as well. If you ask me, I love 3, and potentally 4 as they hardly take themselves seriously.

And now, a trailer for the 4th installment.

[youtube]bQTt6bUZrSU[/youtube]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Saint's Row series

Post by Feathers »

And if you want to get SR2/3 dirt cheap look here viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2087

I was debating on this series myself. I've never played this type of game before.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

It's actually quite fun. Especially with another person.

Sadly, one can only do 2-player co-op.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.

Post by Scrapmaster »

Flare wrote:It's actually quite fun. Especially with another person.

Sadly, one can only do 2-player co-op.

Yeah, that was kind of disappointing for me and my friends, wishful thinking that Saints Row 4 has 4 players co-op, but i think no pc would handle the chaos of four destructive psychos with super-powers :whatever:
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Vendettadabeast
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: THE BEASTLY REBEL
Favorite Monster Type: The,Naughty,Bad and Lustful

Post by Vendettadabeast »

Played 1 & 2 enjoyed them, have 3 on my gamefly que, 4 looks weird compared to the others. I'll still reserve it to play.
We won't, surrender, nor will we bow down.

We refuse to follow your lead, and accept your orders.

Nor will we obey your rules, and do things your way.

We we will fight for our cause, and die for it with no regrets.

REBEL
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

After seeing the demos just now I officially want this game! :hehe:

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Tried Saints Row 2 today (I heard 2 was better than 3, so I figured I'd try it first), and wow it's very different from any other game I've played. It reminds me of City of Villians with more story and a lot more options. Different kind of game for me, and it's weird being the bad guy!

I'm only killing in self defense to make it more interesting for myself heh. I got this flashy green sports car (which is surprisingly named The Phoenix LOL) just now after a lady crashed into a lamppost (not my fault at all!) and ran away. :mrgreen: I see drivers running over citizens and stuff a lot, this town is crazy. :lol:
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lord Shadow
Favorite Monster Type: Imps and kunoichi

Post by L337 m4n »

Yeah I played 3 and I usually do sidejobs and challenges to to get XP before I did any main game stuff. Worth it as I was able to handle some challenges while still keeping a challenge in the game. Assassinations I like since I make each one unique if I can. One guy I just ran over, another I sniped from a roof, one I just walked up quietly and beat to death with a nail bat.

Hate the vehicle stealing missions since those require skill and keeping the law off of you. I do look forward to 4 however and making my custom character run the white house and my matrix the way I want it. Going to dress like the MIB and tell those aliens to GET OFF MY LAWN!
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

LOL look at this. $1 million for the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition of Saints Row IV.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/saints-row-iv- ... ion-180208
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Finding SR3 to be a lot more fun than SR2. SR2 is runs really awful on Win7 and crashes A LOT so I gave up on it. I heard it was because it's a bad port. SR3 is hilarious so far though and is smooth and looks better. The only bad part is that you really don't work your way up from the bottom like in SR2 so there is less satisfaction. SR3 is way too easy in so many ways, but the minigames can be tough, especially the Genki games..
L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor

Post by L337 m4n »

Oh yeah the Genki games are tough and in SR4 you will be working your way to saving and dealing with more Genki madness. Kinda wish they kept the factions though. I mean three or more factions trying to take over and each faction is a threat. Like Los Carnales, Ronin, Deckers, the Syndicate and each one had a theme and was fun to take apart piece by piece.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

No, there isn't any Genki madness so far... and I already got some of my "Superpowers"... can't wait to get the fire abilities I admit.

Also.. the canon way you deal with Cyrus Temple is just awesome.

L337 m4n
Emperor
Emperor

Post by L337 m4n »

Yeah got 400 clusters and the ability to fly and freeze. Pretty shocking what happened though. I do like the use of "You got the Touch!" in the mission with Cyrus.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

L337 m4n wrote:the ability to fly.
AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah! :happyness:

I'll probably wait for Steam sale for this game though. *Pinches Pennies*
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Maybe you might someone to gift it for ya... especially if it's going on the fall or winter sale.

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

FYI to everyone: Saint's Row 4 is free to play till Sunday afternoon and right now is 50% off. :) IF you wanted to try now is the time.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/16/531607 ... is-weekend
Rezeed
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Data Spirit
Personal Title: Dream Traveller
Favorite Monster Type: N/A

Post by Rezeed »

Does anyone have 3 and 4 for the PS3?

I have access to 2,3, and 4(for ps3). However, I am not touching 2 I've beaten that game and didn't enjoy that one, not a single bit. I really enjoyed 3 and haven't tried 4 yet. Thought it may be fun to do SR4 or SR3 in co-op with a friend.

From my experience with 3, I had a lot of fun, there were a lot of neat weapons and vehicles to use, I liked the newer characters. Kenzie is proving to be one of my favorite characters.
Click the Image to be drawn into a world of Fantasy, Science, Romance, Mystery, Action, Adventure, and Endless Wonder.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I bought it during the Deep Silver Humble Bundle deal for $1 on Steam, so sadly I'm stuck with the PC version. 2 seems more immersive and gritty with a dash of comdey, and 3 is more whimsical and silly (killing people with a giant dildo). 4 is just plain parody paradise, you will be pointing out what every seem was inspired by as you play it. They each have their charms, but I'd choose 3 if I had a choice.

I also vote Kenzie as #1 female character of the game series though! Tough beautiful, super nerdy, funny, paranoid, and supportive. Can't get more awesome than that as an SR lady in my opinion! :mrgreen:
Kmon13
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Lv. 124 Dark Knight and Bard
Favorite Monster Type: Amazoness, Alp, Kunoichi,
Location: Royce, Capital of the Black Rose Republic (What once started an small inn grew into a nation)

Post by Kmon13 »

I just finished playing Saints Row IV and man It was Awesome...

I never expected to end up in the white house during an Alien Invasion, dealing with fighting a Alien Overlord who liked putting other races in Pods like the matrix to live out their worse fears ((Note: It's the Player's version of hell was living in the 50's TV show getting everything bleeped out)) before getting the planet obliterated after Kenzie's rescue ((Note: She my personal favorite to use as a homie next to Johnny Gat and Oleg in the series ))

Finish the game before reading please to avoid spoilers alert.... :info:
Spoiler: show
I personally can't wait to see Saints Row V with the reborn verson of Earth since Jane Auston was singing the Bosses praises after taking Zinyak out personally. I also liked the Homie interactions inculding the ones between Keith David and Julius Little, Saundie and her stillwater counterpart, and Johnny Gat and Tasha (Former Vice King Madam/ Turncoat))

Hopefully we'll see the saint going though history kicking ass and taking names after seeing the credits.

My personal form for the Player/ President of the United Saints was the creating the from of Marvel's the black widow or the Major from ghost in the shell for the female version or the Ultimate Marvel version of the Red Skull or Dr Manhattan from the Watchman for the male version :^^:

In the meantime I'll try looking for the DLC for both the third and the fourth series since both previews looked good.

The right to live free without fear of death should be granted and enjoyed by all beings Mamono, human, or Otherwise.

Least liked Mamono:Mamono who rape!

Tales of the Black Rose Inn...
Destined Paths Of Eden
Lilith Academy Chronicles
Monster Girl Apocalypse Journals