Shantae: Half Genie Hero

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Shantae: Half Genie Hero

Post by ShadowBladeX »

Basically, the link says it all. Developer, WayForward, is starting a Kickstarter in order to get another game of the Shantae series, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero funded and out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/123 ... genie-hero

So what do you guys think? Personally, I think it has potential.
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Spoiler: show
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Shantae: Half Genie Hero

Post by Feathers »

Ah, I was about to post this. :)

I have the 2nd game on the DS (Risky's Revenge) and honestly I did not enjoy it. The first one apparently had a Harpy transformation dance, but for some reason it was not in the 2nd game. Overall I was let down by this and became bored with the game. That's not the only reason though, I just do not find it fun to attack with a giant pony tail. >-> The game has a big following though, so platformer fans may enjoy it.

I'm loving the new art style though, very cute. Shantae technically is a monster girl as well, being half genie! :) There is also a zombie girl (good girl). I'm curious if they will develop the girl with the bird as well!

I've already personally emailed the company Wayforward asking if they will be adding the Harpy and Mermaid forms and they actually replied with this:
WayForward
Sep 5, 2013

Hi! The game is still in early pre-production and we have not yet revealed all of the planned transformations. Since you're obviously a big fan rest assured that the transformations will be super awesome!
Eh, a vague response, but I DID expect them to not answer. I'm just happy they answered period. :^^;:

If anything I appreciate their strong communication, but then again, they are asking for free money here to make more money. Good deal yea? Well, if that Harpy pops up, I WILL be donating. FF14 will have to take a backseat. The concept art section on the Kickstarter page actually shows the Harpy from the old game now, (interesting eh? one day after I asked?) so my hopes are UP. ^^

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

I've never been that much of a Shantae fan/connoisseur (gamewise, characterwise I find her adorable), but the project looks rather promising and the team behind the project knows what they're doing (they're the ones responsible for the Ducktales and Double Dragon remakes after all).

I could find 25 spare € (that would be 35$) and I felt like funding this project and truth to be told I'm glad of having done it.
Also gotta love how Wayforward cherish their backers, just for donating I'll be getting a few extras besides all what they will send me for my donation like the Triumphant Blue outfit for Shantae (Shantae + Blue = <3) or a new sidequest + special item for the newly funded Risky mode.

Blue <3

.P.S.: I would love to see them getting 700k $ so they could add more outfits for her in game (Kunoichi Shantae <3), but I somehow see it difficult for them to get there...x_x

.P.S.:
I'm curious if they will develop the girl with the bird as well!
In case they reach the 900K $ a she will have her own story mode, but considering the amount they have so far and the little time it's most unlikely for her to have her 15 minutes of cyber fame.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah, I saw the playable Sky option but sadly we know they would never get that high. Then again, my hopes are still up since it could be DLC. :)

TBH Shantae RR wasn't that exciting to me either, because of the poor sense of direction and map it had. This seemed to be the complaint from everyone I've spoke to though. It seems they are looking seriously into making it better. I've not played DT (not into "remakes" myself) or the recent Mighty Switch Force, but I did see they were well received.

Anyways, Harpy and Arachne form awwwwwwwwwww yeah! :happyness:
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

Kaijin wrote:I've never been that much of a Shantae fan/connoisseur (gamewise, characterwise I find her adorable), but the project looks rather promising and the team behind the project knows what they're doing (they're the ones responsible for the Ducktales and Double Dragon remakes after all).

I could find 25 spare € (that would be 35$) and I felt like funding this project and truth to be told I'm glad of having done it.
Also gotta love how Wayforward cherish their backers, just for donating I'll be getting a few extras besides all what they will send me for my donation like the Triumphant Blue outfit for Shantae (Shantae + Blue = <3) or a new sidequest + special item for the newly funded Risky mode.

Blue <3

.P.S.: I would love to see them getting 700k $ so they could add more outfits for her in game (Kunoichi Shantae <3), but I somehow see it difficult for them to get there...x_x

.P.S.:
I'm curious if they will develop the girl with the bird as well!
In case they reach the 900K $ a she will have her own story mode, but considering the amount they have so far and the little time it's most unlikely for her to have her 15 minutes of cyber fame.

OMFG IT'S BLUE
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

600k $ goal reached: Bonus chapter (and extra confirmation) added

There are still two days left, maybe they can reach the 700k $

I want these in the game, Kunoichi and Beach Shantae (Beach Shantae will attack with a beach ball)

.P.S.: Mermaid transformation confirmed, so don't lose hope Feather, maybe the harpy transformation will make the cut aswell.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

The harpy (and spider) form did show up, so I'm rather sure she will be in game. The devs also mentioned a flying form. She's also popular in the comments since she is after all, an original form of Shantae? :mrgreen: I'd say she's on the way!! :)

Her description and artwork is like a dream come true!
The spidergirl form is quite cute as well yes?!

I see many MGQ fans showing up asking for a Lamia form as well. :mrgreen:
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

Feathers wrote: I see many MGQ fans showing up asking for a Lamia form as well. :mrgreen:
You sure have good foresight. But I'm sure MGQ isn't the only place where you can find a lamia.

...So is she able to turn into a lamia?
"I like to watch."
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

They will take votes AND suggestions on forms from the $60+ donators.

Also, the reason I know the Lamia fan was from MGQ is because he had an Alice avatar. :) After he showed up and suggested it, tons of Lamia fans began to post! The older Shantae game had Lamia enemies as well, so it would make perfect sense to add a Lamia form.
ShadowBladeX
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: Demonic Shadow Knight
Favorite Monster Type: Salamander, Lilim, Vampire

Post by ShadowBladeX »

I'm sorry, but I love that Spider Form that Shantae has. Very cute and lovely indeed. :love:
Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hoola hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in! - Sergeant Avery Johnson (Halo)

My favorite monster girls (Names for those whom I remember. Will update when I come up with more names.
Spoiler: show
Number one spot: Liandra Aria (Salamander)/Lady Ryong (Ryu)
Serena Drakemore(Elf)
Tiamat (Dragon)
Leona DeLocke (Dark Elf)
Victoria Degale(Alp)
Xentheria - Lilim
Elizabeth (Eliza) Fatima(Lizardman)
Witch
Nova (Ignis)
Akira (Werewolf)
Sarah Del Rizer (Vampire)
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

And the fundraising campaign is over.
They got more than 775k $ on Kickstarter, addeded to what they got on Paypal gave them enough to reach the 800k $ before the end of the campaign.

It was not enough to get to the extra story modes (900k $) but they got quite an amount (I never expected to make more than 600k $), specially considering that unlike other Kickstarter projects they didn't have a big fanbase to back them up.

Also, transformation time.

They called her Naga, they have my respect

Mermaid

That is a surprisingly cute succubus
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I'm loving them ALL! :mrgreen: This game is worth my $15 for the monster girl content alone. They were smart to cash in on the MG fandom!

Also, I asked the Wayforward Devs about the content that wasn't funded for, and they said "if the game does extremely well, we will release the other unfunded stretch goals as DLC sometime in the future". So don't lose hope just yet!
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Looks more like a vampire than a succubus. The monster girl thing really is spreading.
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

Kaijin wrote: Image
They called her Naga, they have my respect
Well, let's say I'm interested now. I'll probably see how this goes first. RPGs/platformers/action/whatever genre this is are kind of alien to me.
But there's something about that artstyle. Animeesque, cute and simplistic.
"I like to watch."
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Singing Naga, instant fave. I don't care for the other forms though on the bottom, well the tiger is cute..
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Feathers wrote:Singing Naga, instant fave. I don't care for the other forms though on the bottom, well the tiger is cute..
The bat form looks cute and mad.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Jinouga87 wrote:
Feathers wrote:Singing Naga, instant fave. I don't care for the other forms though on the bottom, well the tiger is cute..
The bat form looks cute and mad.
The bat form looks like this.
Drazzimyr
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The inactive

Post by Drazzimyr »

I know Mighty No. 9 is definitely going to be on the 3DS, since they reached their stretch goals, but I want to know what platform Shantae will be on. Anyone have any idea?
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

From the kickstarter page: "Half-Genie Hero is already approved for development on Wii U, PS3, PS4, VITA & VITA TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Steam (Windows PC)."
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

They're already stsrting to give rewards to the backers.
I already got the wallpapers (the same in quite a bunch of different resolutions), it's kinda cute looking ^^