[PS Vita] Makai Shin Trillion

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

[PS Vita] Makai Shin Trillion

Post by Feathers »

New RPG on the VITA, consisting ENTIRELY of demons.

[youtube]gLMTShBYSlE[/youtube]

Compile Heart's Makai Ichiban Kan series is set to kick off with Makai Shin Trillion, a PS Vita RPG from the director of Disgaea 4. Makai Shin Trillion puts players in the role of Demon King Zeabolos, who seeks revenge after being defeated by Trillion. True to the name, Trillion's HP is 1,000,000,000,000, so Zeabolos will need the help of six Demon Lords and a grimoire-wielding girl named Faust to make it happen.

It's from Compile Heart (the developer of titles like Hyperdimension Neptunia), and it stars a fallen King and a grimoire-powered girl in their quest to destroy the dimension destroying "Trillion" monster.

It'll also feature six female Demon Lords, as well as a branching storyline, and you can get a taste of what's to come in the new trailer above. Makai Shin Trillion will hit the PlayStation Vita sometime in 2014 -- a localization hasn't been announced yet.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: [PS Vita] Makai Shin Trillion

Post by Kaijin »

a localization hasn't been announced yet.
Being a PSVita game it doesn't pose much of a problem, since it's a region free console (and I doubt that Compile Hearts people are as much of a dick as Atlus were with Persona 4 Arena).

Truth to be told... I don't know what to think about this.
Compile Heart is not precisely on the cutting-edge when it comes to RPGs (the Hyperdimension Neptunia is a series that gets really tiresome, boring and repetitive REALLY quick, and the Agarest series well... while it isn't half bad is average at best), but having the Director from Disgaea 4 behind might be the boost that this company needs to start standing out and making a name for itself.

Anyway... I'll save my opinion until I can see some actual footage from the game itself.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Game bombed pretty hard. The gameplay is VERY weak (a lot of it is simply flipping through menus and raising stats) and since characters always die you really can't enjoy their story lines much. Really disappointing, because I heard the girls are pretty lovable. No way I'd waste time raising a girl just to have her get slayed. I also greatly dislike the time limit factor. They really dropped the ball on this one, sad...
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Feathers wrote:Game bombed pretty hard. The gameplay is VERY weak (a lot of it is simply flipping through menus and raising stats) and since characters always die you really can't enjoy their story lines much. Really disappointing, because I heard the girls are pretty lovable. No way I'd waste time raising a girl just to have her get slayed. I also greatly dislike the time limit factor. They really dropped the ball on this one, sad...
I was so excited for this game but haven't heard anything about it since its launch. I guess Ill skip this game and get that MG Dungeon crawler game instead.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

If you mean Moe Chronicle yes, get it, very worth it!