Bloodborne (Formerly rumoured Project Beast)

Another spiritual successor of Demon's Souls

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
PAZ

Bloodborne (Formerly rumoured Project Beast)

Post by PAZ »

After playing through Dark Souls II, what I feel about it is... disappointing compare to the Dark Souls. Mainly because of characters that barely make your attract to it.

The poise system barely work, a dagger can stagger a full heavy armoured character. The soul memory success in prevent high level character invade a beginner. But it also allow level 150 character paired to level 800 character.

It doesn't stay up to its hype as Fromsoftware's B team tried to mimic A team while focus in "Difficulty" rather than making you feel "immersed" to it.

I don't dislike the game, it's good. But not that good.

Enough about Dark Souls II, Fromsoftware's A team lead by Miyazaki are working with Sony to create a PS4 exclusive. :happyness:

I bring you, Bloodborne.

Cinematic trailer
[youtube]G203e1HhixY[/youtube]

Leaked gameplay trailer
[youtube]xx8KTIeSnzs[/youtube]

With the new setting, I am sure it will feel new and interesting again. Gonna get PS4 next year :hero:
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Bloodborne (Formerly rumoured Project Beast)

Post by Scrapmaster »

I need to buy a PS4 for this now...oh god its 1800$ here in Brazil X_X (thats like 4000 Brazilian reais).

the taxes here...are quite high, so high that the console is only worth 40% of the price it is right now, the other 60% are TAXES from the Brazilian government.

THX government.
but yeah, I am hyped for this.

I think Dark souls 2 was better from a gameplay stand-point, it added a lot of cool mechanics like the powerstance and a lot of more versatile weapons, except they completely screwed up DEX builds because DEX has the weakest scaling in the game.
they screwed up the story, its not as immersive as it was in Demon souls and Dark souls.

but it did improve in some parts, and those are greatly appreciated. now lets hope BLoodborne delivers on this :perv:
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Scrapmaster wrote:I think Dark souls 2 was better from a gameplay stand-point, it added a lot of cool mechanics like the powerstance and a lot of more versatile weapons, except they completely screwed up DEX builds because DEX has the weakest scaling in the game.
they screwed up the story, its not as immersive as it was in Demon souls and Dark souls.

but it did improve in some parts, and those are greatly appreciated. now lets hope BLoodborne delivers on this :perv:
The gameplay are indeed improve like guard break and powerstand. But some part of the gameplay like really way to overwhelm the melee user and focusing them to use ranged.(Darklurker, Dragon Shrine and Shrine of Amana) And the PVP balance are really bad too.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

PAZ wrote:
Scrapmaster wrote:I think Dark souls 2 was better from a gameplay stand-point, it added a lot of cool mechanics like the powerstance and a lot of more versatile weapons, except they completely screwed up DEX builds because DEX has the weakest scaling in the game.

The gameplay are indeed improve like guard break and powerstand. But some part of the gameplay like really way to overwhelm the melee user and focusing them to use ranged.(Darklurker, Dragon Shrine and Shrine of Amana) And the PVP balance are really bad too.

PVp balance is quite broken yeah, a lvl 150 invading a lvl 800 is always a bad experience, but It wasn't a problem for me since I only ever capped myself at lvl 200 on both dark souls and dark souls 2. back in dark souls 1 if you were lvl 200 you mind as well have been playing offline since everyone capped themselves at lvl 120.
but now on dark souls 2 I can find online activity at lvl 200 and im so happy for that, but yeah I see the problem of matchmaking.

and yeah the game is balls hard for pure meele, and really easy for ranged, fucking dark lurker :hate:
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

also

[youtube]ukywVcxv5r4[/youtube]

fan made soundtrack.

I like it :)

PAZ

Post by PAZ »

I have heard of that, also. Someone recreated the leaked trailer theme

[youtube]F8Q40jW82P8[/youtube]
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I'd like to try a game like this. Looks fun. I was debating on Thief since it's $15 on Steam, and passed up Dark Souls 1 several times..I just can't decide on a good dark horror game.
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Dark souls 1 is like high fantasy medieval game. If you have PS3, a good dark horror would be Demon's souls
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Ah okay, I'll try them both eventually. I like fantasy medieval also. I always get Demon Souls and Dark Souls mixed up.
Klobbert
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: It's Klobberin' Time
Favorite Monster Type: Arachne, Mermaids, Orcs

Post by Klobbert »

Is that so? Huh... maybe that's why I lose so much in PvP situations.
That or I just need to git gud already...

That aside, I'm a big fan of the Souls series, so I'm a little excited to see what Bloodborne has in store. Plus it would be my best excuse to get a PS4 eventually. I do wonder what, if any, connections there will be to the previous Souls games. I wouldn't mind Trusty Patches making his triumphant return, for example.
"Yo Buddy, still alive?"
PAZ

Post by PAZ »

Klobbert wrote: That or I just need to git gud already...
Git gud or git rekt'd, scrub

lol, btw gameplay

[youtube]oWId6_Pemck[/youtube]