[Mobile] Band of Monsters

FREE monster collecting, taming, and battling game.

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

[Mobile] Band of Monsters

Post by Feathers »

bom.jpg
Here's a pretty interesting looking FREE professional RPG game about collecting and fusing monsters (girls included!) for mobile OS. :happyness:

Don't know much about it yet, but I'm quite taken by the premise and the angel girl on the front cover. :XD:

Game Trailer

[youtube]bOFMwSUoxX8[/youtube]

Links

Wiki: http://gamewise.co/games/53257/Band-of-Monsters
Google OS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... teki&hl=en
Apple OS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id818073995?mt=8

*Goes to download now*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Re: [Mobile] Band of Monsters

Post by Blake81 »

Yaaaay! Finally, a MG game that's compatible with my phone! :happyness:
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

The FIRST monster is actually a monster girl. A mermaid! I was pretty stoked to see her. :D I named her Serene and will take care of her forever and make her strong! Hehe. TO THE FUSION CHAMBER!

When I see a harpy (and I better) I'll probably squee in delight. That's what I'm waiting for, after all. A new harpy to join my flock! :serenade:

Feels weird playing an old school Pokemon clonish game with a touchpad, but I kinda like it. The battles remind me of Brave Frontier (mostly hands free) so I can multitask a bit while playing. The story is kinda bad but eh so was the game it's trying to imitate. :lol:

Some of the tiles are blatantly RIPPED from Secret of Mana 3 too. Seems to be a game that grabbed stuff from many games in tossed it into a game of its own. No wonder its free yea? Still I'm not complaining, I like it so far.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Well, originality isn't something you see too much in this kind of games, save for some rare and unique ones. And this one isn't the exception.

Still, the gameplay's rather fun. And yeah, I found the mermaid too and I'm trying to see how I can fuse her so she doesn't turn into an ugly mushroom or something.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

As long as you fuse two of the same type you can make them better. It's getting repetitive for me, but I read about a harpy so I need to get her before I quit.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Been playing this a lot on my phone lately, and it's better than I thought. The story itself might be so cliche it would feel at home on a NES era RPG, but the game mechanics and skill systems can get you hooked to it.

And btw, Feathers, there ARE harpies. And you can get them quite early in the game, too (you can capture them on Fanberg Pass) and same goes for the Uriela (That angel girl on the cover), she's made by fusing a Harpy and a Kilsword (which can be captured in the cave at the end of Fanberg Pass, too). So, you can get an MG-only party quite early on, heheh.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Oh good, I need to get one. Been playing a new game called DOT Defenders of Texel lately. You'd probably love it too.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Heh, and you know what's funny? The basic Harpy is actually a much better monster than its following evolutions; the Aello and the Okypete. As the basic harpy can use both Fire, Ice and Lightning skills as well as Claw Type skills, while it's two evos can only use Fire and Claw skills. I have yet to see the Kelaino, which is the final evo of the harpy line. Hope it has better skills.

Still, given how leveling and improvement works in this game, you can turn your basic Harpy into an insanely strong powerhouse if you Mix her right. So you could carry her to the end of the game with no major hassle.

Oh and btw, I found out that there are Succubi monsters too. Although there are only two variants of them; the Lilith and the Succubus. Both damn strong with magic, too.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

I just found out that there are Slime girls and Moth/Butterfly girls too, as well as two more variations of the succubi type called Agas and Gorgon. The Gorgon is perhaps the strongest monster available. Also, I finally got the Kelaino, and man, she IS EPIC, even if she can only use Claw and Lightning attacks, she's got this unique, non-inheritable skill called Magic Feather which boosts all magic damage to INSANE LEVELS. If you have a a Kelaino cast it on an Agas or Succubus with the Grumboom skill, all bosses will be One-Hit Wonders....