[3DS] Fire Emblem IF

I want herons. Or else.

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

[3DS] Fire Emblem IF

Post by Feathers »

AWWWW YEA!

[youtube]Pz2LJ-4DDWU[/youtube]

^ See movie.

Not much info on it yet, but it's FIRE EMBLEM! :happyness:

It just better have a Heron girl this time..I miss them.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Re: [3DS] Fire Emblem IF in the works!

Post by Phantom77 »

Not gonna lie, it looks pretty nice. It follows the Awakening formula I see, interesting. I happen to be quite the fan of that game's support system, hopefully a similar system is implemented in this next installment.

It has stunning visuals no doubt, but I wonder what new game mechanics will be introduced this time around? If we're fortunate enough we'll get new classes (I LOVE the Dark Pegasus edition in Awakening). :nosebleed: That blue-haired lass was quite charming, as well as that female myrmidon.

All in all, I look forward to future developments. ^^
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

If we're fortunate enough we'll get new classes
Most likely, the game has an astounding Japanese vibe all over it.
The units in the video carry Japanese weapons mainly (katanas, naginatas, etc) and the designs look quite traditional in the Yamato fashion.

Looking good so far, it's the first time I've seen the series focusing on Japanese culture/lore rather than in Western ones... We'll see how it turns out (I just hope it will be good enough to keep the ball rolling).

.P.S.:
It just better have a Heron girl this time..
For that to happen this game should be tied to the Tellius series, since they were an exclusive race for said saga.
Fire Emblem games divide themselves in sagas or series in the same fashion:

Akaneia Series-> 1,2,3,11,12,13 (11 and 12 being remakes of 1 and 3 and 13 being Awakening)
Judgral Series-> 4,5
Elibe Series-> 6,7
Magvel Series-> 8
Tellius Series-> 9,10

This game will likely be the start of its very own series.
Last edited by Kaijin on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Okay, well, or something resembling a Heron girl. :)
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

Thought I'd give a little update on the status of the game. Apparently, there will actually be two separate games; They're named Fire Emblem Hoshido and Fire Emblem Nohr. The former will have a style reminiscent of Awakening, having a world map and grinding spots; Overall making an easy-to-get into experience. The latter, however, will be similar to traditional Fire Emblem games; Having a linear storyline, liking Shadow Dragon or Binding Blade and will be rather challenging.
hoshido_&_nohr.jpg
Which ever one you choose, the avatar character will be part of the respective game's nation; Being petted against the enemy nation. Having the option to play the other path as part of he other nation will be released dlc to my understanding, and in addition there will be a third path available as well. Quite interesting. really. I believe the avatar is related to Hoshido by blood, but was adopted by the Nohr Kingdom (in that path line anyway.)

Here's a new trailer. Oh and before I forget to mention, the avatar can also apparently transform into a dragon apparently...
[youtube]me-9kWzxKoo[/youtube]

Also, the game's box-art confirms amiibo support, as well as a more mature rating. You can read more on that here.

New art of the dancer character shows her wielding what appears to be a staff or lance-like weapon. (I hear her name is Aqua.)
Spoiler: show
sample_3f9a65c34bedba322c7331368deba3c1.jpg
All in all, I'd say this new entry into the series is looking interesting
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
KillMoves
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Supreme High ArchChancellor
Personal Title: Homeless Drunkard

Post by KillMoves »

I hear that here in the West, they'll release the tutorial and prologue chapters (which is six chapters I believe) and then you'll have to buy both the main campaigns as DLC as well as a plethora of other DLCs.

If so, then in the words of the Netherrealm Ruler Shinnok:
Shinnok wrote:Such blatant mockery...
P.S. I also hear the third path is the neutral path where Kamui the Avatar sides with neither. It's either the unification or destruction of both kingdoms by your hands. (I prefer the latter. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! LET... THE KINGDOMS... BURRRRRRN!)
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Fire Emblem Anna Edition

Post by Kaijin »

Precisely I was talking with a friend about this yesterday...
Really dick move by either Intelligent Systems and/or Nintendo (probably both) there, since they're not different games but rather they're parts of the very same game. (33% of the game, if we take into consideration the DLC exclusive story mode).

So in order to fully enjoy the game, we would have to spend three times the price of a 3DS game's price (which is even higher than most PS3 collector's edition games).

.P.S.: The best of it so far? That it will be 3DS instead of New 3DS exclusive.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Fire emblem Fates [3DS]

Post by Pokemonaces »

Okay...So...before I start talking about the game and it's upcoming release...
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit, shit, fuck, sonofvabitch asswad!!!!
:hate:
I missed out on Fire emblem Fates Special Edition since I wasn't fast enough to preorder. I assume the preorders to the special edition went away as quickly as it was announced. I have no one to blame but myself...but still...damnit :wall:

Anyways...Until the game does come out on Febuary 19th, I wont be able to review it. But I will say that my thoughts on this is why they had to make it a branching franchise like pokemon with two versions. It just seems a little dumb honestly...speciall considering I'll be spending a shit ton more cash just to get DLC availability on one of the fucking games...and I have to get both copies since I missed out on the special edition.

As for people out there who are greedy enough to buy it just to make a profit out of later...fuck you >_>
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Fire emblem Fates [3DS]

Post by Kaijin »

...Ahem

Does it really matter if you failed to picked the special edition in all honesty? The game's true story path is still DLC even if you manage to lay your hands on it.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

It does matter to an extent.

Besides the obvious collectors value or said edition, It would be much cheaper. Having all three games in one cartridge for one thing is stellar, and I dont have to buy the third story path DLC since it's already built in which cost $20 dollars.

The special edition was retailed at 79.99 in US currency including the DLC and extra stuff on it like the art book and neat pouch.

Buying them seperately as each retail at $40 bucks each plus $20 for the DLC...welll it's just a cheaper buy. But whatever >_>
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Having all three games in one cartridge for one thing is stellar
Stellar? No, it's what it really should have been. Since it's actually the same game split into three rather than three games on their own (thing that is realtively common Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn kind of did that already...).
But oh well... I digress.

I'll worry about that when the time comes into Europe, since the game will be released way later for us than you guys (it's rumoured to be around May 2016) the reservations for the Special Edition having been opened yet... I'll be sure to check it out and see if I'm luckier than you.

.P.S.: Last but not least... There's one thing I should remind and ask all of you.
This game is to be released on different dates trough the regions (Europe like usual will see it coming way later than America) and Nintedo 3DS is a region locked system, which means that some of you guys will be playing it way sooner than others.
For said reason I ask of you to be wary of spoilers, since depending on what you say you may ruin the experience for other players.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun

Post by Pokemonaces »

True. well regardless of the matter its just annoying that i missed out. and yes it should have been that way from the start as you said and mentioned beforehand But since they went with that decision, i just wanted to get the damn game in one cardbas it should be rather than seperately. Oh well.

Gamergirl64
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Friendly werewolf
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf, Kikimora, Anubis

Post by Gamergirl64 »

And that is where the
comes in! :D

But in all seriousness, I agree.

If I remember correctly though, I think it's possible to "region unlock" the 3ds and new 3ds, though I may have to look more into that before I'm certain.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that it comes out on different dates, sadly enough, and so its advised to use the spoiler hider if you are to talk about anything happening within the game.
(signature made by Pokemonaces)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Re: Fire emblem Fates [3DS]

Post by Feathers »

Kaijin wrote:...Ahem

Does it really matter if you failed to picked the special edition in all honesty? The game's true story path is still DLC even if you manage to lay your hands on it.
Ya, and that aggravates me to no end. DLC and the Skylanders (Amiibo, Lego Dimensions, etc.) era is pure hell for gamers... Lucky for me, a die hard FE friend of mine is gonna buy the pack and share with me V^_^V
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Great; the counter goes:

Gamers 1, Feminazis 0

No more SJW Censorshitting here. :hellyes:
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
That's good and all that jazz, but it's still way too late for this game to be saved from the trainwreck of epic proportions that it has become thanks to a poor and amateur-ish localization team that pretended to be god and their "I'm holier than thou" mentality.

I can only hope that somehow European localization teams manage to minimize the damages (since I find it highly unlikely that they can and decided to get rid of all the American "improvements" done of the game) on the games, but I doubt it... since it's easier and more comfortable for them to use the North American version as a base to work on than doing a localization of the Japanese version from scratch (Awakening proved that).

...Oh well, in the worst case scenario it means that I'll be saving 70-90 € which it's still to be regarded as good news (for my pocket specially).
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Re: [3DS] Fire Emblem IF

Post by Feathers »

This game didn't hook me like Awakening...I think knowing they butchered the game didn't help though.