Indivisible

Lab Zero's crowdfunding for their new masterpiece.

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Indivisible

Post by Blake81 »

Today, I was shown this game thanks to the mighty Jimquisitor (thanks God for him).

[youtube]gE6zS6Z9FGQ[/youtube]

Lab Zero, a studio best known for being the masterminds behind Skullgirls, is now crowdfunding for this new 2D Action Exploration RPG inspired in games like Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid, and with no more and no less than Hiroki Kikuta (Composer of Seiken Densestu 3 and Koudelka's music) as their head musiker.

But this isn't a ''kickstarter'' like all those we're used to see, like with Mighty No.9, Shantae and Bloodstained; these guys actually have A FREAKING PROTOTYPE READY, AND THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD AND PLAY FOR FUKKEN FREE!!!!
All I can say is.... let me dislodge my penis from the roof, as this news got so hard it pierced the ceiling. :XD:

Now seriously, this beyond amazing; we already know that Lab Zero delivers what it promises and what they deliver is always epic. And if you already played the prototype (like I did) you'll realize this game will be worth every penny.

So, go there, and support it. I already put $60 for it (those were originally meant for FO4 but, fuck, I can get FO4 pirate in two weeks. And if I don't fund Indivisible now, It'll never come to exist!), so go now and do the same. We all know it'll be worth it.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Re: Indivisible

Post by Blake81 »

I'm gonna bump this thread to bring you some news of Indivisible.

The game didn't made it to the amount in the first month, but since they had over 50%, Indiegogo gave them an extension.

Currently, they're a bit over 1.1 million, and have ten days left to get the rest. IMHO, they can do it. :goodjob:

Also, Zone-tan, who is still part of the Lab Zero team, had made this epic creation to get the hype moving.

http://www.zone-preview.hentaikey.com/f ... ssile2.swf (Made into a link because holy crap loud music that autoplays. --Flare)

(It looks a bit pixely because I had to resize it to fit here)
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

You may want to place a warning on that video, it's so loud LOL!

JIM IS GREAT!

Ahem.

Oh geez, all that wall jumping looks horrendous. I don't know, no hype for me. Been a while seen a platformer hooked me. Castlevania SOTN was the last one I REALLY got into, which was like 3 years ago.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Well yeah, the jumping could use some improvement, but hey, it's a free prototype; some minor clumkyness IS to be expected. Nonetheless, it's still quite polished for such a thing.

Anyhow, I'm leaving this here:

[youtube]lCAo-aq3PjE[/youtube]

It's one of the Dev Videos in where they mention all of the Guest Characters (which are MANY) who'll be appearing in this game. Some notable mentions include Shovel Knight and Shantae from they eponymous games, as well as Annie of the Stars from Skullgirls. It's as if the entirety of the big Auteur and Indie groups are giving the Lab Zero guys their Thumbs Up.

Also, there are three days left in the campaign. However, after they put the prototype on Steam, their donations have increased exponentially; on today's morning, they had barely reached 1.400.000 Millions, currently they're already at 1.444.315 millions and I am more than certain that by the time I finish posting this, that number will be higher.

EDIT: Well, sod it, it's already 1.446.299 millions... It's going up faster than bubbles underwater.

EDIT2: HOLY CRAP ON A STICK! It's already 1.483.636 millions! I think it'll be funded by the time we get up tomorrow, and maybe even sooner, hahah.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

FUKKEN FUNDED!!

Post by Blake81 »

FUKKEN FUNDED!!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

[Fluttershy] Yay?
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

While I'm glad it got funded, I'm wondering if there are some shenanigans going on here. These guys asked for a butt-ton of money. More than I've ever seen an indie developed game ask for. For the longest time, I thought there was no way they would actually get what they were asking for.

But hey, this is good. Now at least we get the game.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Helios Leinheart wrote:While I'm glad it got funded, I'm wondering if there are some shenanigans going on here. These guys asked for a butt-ton of money. More than I've ever seen an indie developed game ask for. For the longest time, I thought there was no way they would actually get what they were asking for.

But hey, this is good. Now at least we get the game.
That's in fact one of the most interesting things about this campaign; the money amount. Y'see, it's been a bit of an issue with crowdfunded campaigns so far that the devs ask for FAR LESS money than what they REALLY NEED to get the game developed, and then later in the development, they said they ran outta money and try running another crowdfunding, usually to much of the contributor's rage.

However, in this case, Lab Zero has been fully straightforward about how much money they need, why they need that quantity and how will be the money used (even Jim Sterling praised them for that particular thing, and it ain't easy to get a praise outta him...). Plus, it's the very same behavior they've shown on the Skullgirls crowdfunding and they've ALWAYS delivered what ppl funded, and in those cases where they found themselves with more money than what they ended up needing, they always use it to add more cool stuff (like Robo Fortune, for instance).
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Jim seems to love praising the trendy Indies, unless they are on Steam, lol. He is old school though so I figured he'd jump on this one since it's a platty. Thank God for him though.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Yo folks! Remember that one of the Kickstarter's milestones was ''A Cool Animated Opening by a MYSTERY ANIME STUDIO''? Well, the mystery has been finally revealed:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/6/138507 ... ames-anime

That's right! Studio FUKKEN Trigger, and it'll be animated by no more and no less than Yoh Yoshinari(the mind behind Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill), so, as if this game wasn't epic enough already, they just had to throw in an anime legend into the mix.

The hype just increased exponentially....
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I just can't get hyped for platformers anymore. Can't stand the limited mobility anymore. Never watched those anime (Gurren I got very irritated with at first glance however) though so the hype isn't there.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Yeah, and be careful about getting overhyped. Remember the hype train behind MN9 and NMS?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Haha ya I know, right? I never got hyped for them, though I'm still mildly excited for 1/2 Genie Hero which is coming out in a week or so since there might be a harpy form. Though the other forms are just as wonderful, so it's probably going to be a win for me.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

And today, I can use this at last:

It's been four years, game's now almost at the door, both Dev and Publisher told the EGS to keep their money and stick a lootbox where the sun doesn't shine, and word from the Beta Testers is that it'll be a strong contender to Bloodstained in the "Best Indie of the Year" title.