Extra Life Charity Live Stream

24h gaming marathon to help children's hospitals

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Extra Life Charity Live Stream

Post by Creator_Drake »

Been a while since I've made a new post about... anything really. :XD:

Time to change that!

Thanks to a complete stranger deciding to walk into my work the week before last, I found out about Extra Life. Extra Life is, as quoted from their website under 'What is Extra Life?':

"Extra Life unites thousands of players around the world in a 24 hour gaming marathon to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Since it's inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $14 million for local CMN hospitals."

So you can raise money for children's hospitals by playing your favorite video games? Sounds pretty awesome to me!

As for why this is important? The Children's Hospital in my hometown had a personal impact on me when I was little, if it wasn't for the amazing staff there I wouldn't be the same person I am today.

When I was around 4 or so I lost my ability to speak and use what words I knew at the time. Don't remember how, just that I did. The staff at the Children's Hospital were with me every step of the way in relearning to speak and all the frustrations that came with it. That is to say nothing about me getting sick every other week due to a poorer immune system for a kid. I figure this is a chance for me to give a little back to those that helped me regain one of the most essential parts of my life.

So one week from today, on Saturday November 7th, I'll be gaming live on Twitch under team Gotham Studios from 8AM to 8AM Sunday, November 8th. I don't have a single clue as to what game I'll play to be honest. Maybe I'll try to finish an entire playthrough of either Crysis 3 or Batman Arkham City? Or maybe I'll jump back in to League of Legends and see how far up the ladder I can get? I could even try my hand at Mad Max, SOMA or Undertale? I'll make a post about which game(games?) I'll play during the marathon when I finally choose one.

Maybe there's a game you'd like to see? Let me know about games you'd like to see and it may just be the lucky choice.

Even though many of those participating, myself included, will be playing video games by either console or PC, video games aren't the only game type to play. Card games, board games and the like are good to go as well! You can find out more on their main web page.

http://www.extra-life.org/?&language=en
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Re: Extra Life Charity Live Stream

Post by Pierce »

I look forward to seeing something done with good will. Certainly something I'll check out.
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

This sounds good. Just make sure you can handle staying up all those hours.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Man, I wish I could be there. Epic stuff!