Final Fantasy 7 Remake

For PS4, possably XB1 and PC later.

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Post by Kaijin »

If I'm going to buy a new remake of a game, I want a different story experience, but that's just me.
Then you don't want a remake, you want a reimagining.
In a remake the events of the original game will be faithfully portrayed (meaning that Aerith would be poked like a meringue by "Sephiroth" again), while in a reimagining usually there are more liberties at the time of telling the events (even most likely Aerith would die anyway...).

Anyway... I don't care if she dies or not... plotwise speaking she should die, but if they make us pay 2$ or so to "keep her alive" in the form of non-canon DLC... cool I guess (as a character is bland and boring, but as a healer she was the best to have around).

.P.S.:
Favorite characters?
Zack... Squareenix did a magnificent job at fleshing him out in Crisis Core and he's one of the main characters who evolves the most in the series.
In the main game... Cid: he's the most human of the whole bunch, the one with the most interesting background, one of the heaviest hitters and the character who develops the most throughout the whole game... Not to mention that I love his theme.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Scrapmaster »

[youtube]NjKJvZQfisM[/youtube]

Heres some clarification on what exactly the gameplay looks like, at least from what was said/seen so far.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

My goodness... Now that I look at the battle in a bit more of detail and based on what this video said, I suddenly have this crawling feeling that Squenix is trying to reuse the battle system of one of their most infamously bad games...... The Last Remnant.

To sum up, TLR is shit; game's got a plot like they grabbed every FF and DQ game, tossed them into a blender along with the entirety of TVTropes's database. You won't see a line of text without at least one overused RPG cliche on it, and then spent a long time removing each and every interesting and original part it still had left for one that had been already used a hundred times for the last two decades.

However, while it's plot and story sucks, most of its characters are dull and uninteresting (with the exception of a few, like Torgal and Caedmon. The Sovani are all great overall) and it has a crafting system that makes you think the game's Dev Team spent all the time they should've used to work on the game to play Monster Hunter instead, it DOES HAVE a very good combat system (which, along with it's epic soundtrack, makes for the only two selling points of the game).

So, if Squenix is planing to revamp TLR's Combat System and put it on a game with an epic story..... Then this might become a massive improvement.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Blake81 wrote:My goodness... Now that I look at the battle in a bit more of detail and based on what this video said, I suddenly have this crawling feeling that Squenix is trying to reuse the battle system of one of their most infamously bad games...... The Last Remnant.

To sum up, TLR is shit; game's got a plot like they grabbed every FF and DQ game, tossed them into a blender along with the entirety of TVTropes's database. You won't see a line of text without at least one overused RPG cliche on it, and then spent a long time removing each and every interesting and original part it still had left for one that had been already used a hundred times for the last two decades.

However, while it's plot and story sucks, most of its characters are dull and uninteresting (with the exception of a few, like Torgal and Caedmon. The Sovani are all great overall) and it has a crafting system that makes you think the game's Dev Team spent all the time they should've used to work on the game to play Monster Hunter instead, it DOES HAVE a very good combat system (which, along with it's epic soundtrack, makes for the only two selling points of the game).

So, if Squenix is planing to revamp TLR's Combat System and put it on a game with an epic story..... Then this might become a massive improvement.

"COME ON, LETS KICK SOME A "

That is all.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Scrapmaster wrote:"COME ON, LETS KICK SOME A "

That is all.
Yeah, that about sums the most generic protagonist I've seen in a game not of the SNES era, and the Eng Dub just made it even worse. Thanks goodness there was a Japanese voices option.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Combat was stellar, except for the curse spamming enemies.

Screw those desert birds man, screw'em.

Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Well, birds in video games tend to be jerks. (No offense Feathers, real-world birds are pretty awesome, and should not be judged based off of their digital counterparts.)
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

At least chocobo are cute.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Now that makes me wonder if all the chocobos and stuff from FF7 (like the whole ranch thing) will be left intact or modified....

Scrapmaster wrote:Combat was stellar, except for the curse spamming enemies.

Yeah, and worse were the bosses. Remember Gates of Hell's ''Purgatory'' skill? A.K.A. ''I'll bring your dead parties back as my allies'' skill? Still, it had the coolest boss BGM ever...
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Blake81 wrote:Now that makes me wonder if all the chocobos and stuff from FF7 (like the whole ranch thing) will be left intact or modified....

Scrapmaster wrote:Combat was stellar, except for the curse spamming enemies.

Yeah, and worse were the bosses. Remember Gates of Hell's ''Purgatory'' skill? A.K.A. ''I'll bring your dead parties back as my allies'' skill? Still, it had the coolest boss BGM ever...

Schismogenesis still impresses me.

Don't even get me started on the gates of hell.

The game had amazing combat, but there were some pretty fucked up enemy skills that barely gave you any chance of fighting back, like purgatory, or curse.

That and the morale system was complete bonkers, Kill an enemy? it barely goes up, intercept? barely goes up, gets hurt? gets deadlocked? WE'RE DEAD SON, (instant red morale).

This morale system was worse than Valkyria chronicles 2 -_-

Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Now that makes me wonder if all the chocobos and stuff from FF7 (like the whole ranch thing) will be left intact or modified....
Other than their trademark sound...(In FF7 chocobos' cry sound was "Wark" instead of "Kweh") Who knows?
However if chocobo races are to be implemented I hope they don't botch them up... like they did to Blitzball...

*Kaijin shudders at the thought of FFX-2's Blitzball
Wow... Skye, how rude! How can be such a jerk by helping you partner in a special technique?
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/11/fi ... e-members/

Ummmm.... Why does this sound like they're starting over or something?

Either way.... MORE delays.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

I hope they're starting over. I wasn't digging the gameplay footage at all. Looked more like Crisis Core style gameplay.

What FF7 Remake needs to be is the original game with modern graphics. People love the original game, so why remake it differently?
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

They don't even have a core team yet. I'll probably forget about this game again till it actually gets released. It's all about SMT V for me!