Final Fantasy 7 Remake

For PS4, possably XB1 and PC later.

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Post by Flare »

I'm surprised we don't have a thread about this yet... but as you may or may not of heard, FF7 is getting remade. Announced at E3 2015, it's got a possible release date of 2016, though some rumors (Unconfirmed) are saying a wider release in 2017 to coincide with the 20th anniversary. It will no longer be a turn-based RPG, but an action-RPG with real-time combat, as seen in the trailer, along with some of the voice acting.

[youtube]A3sBZ5Nr4hc[/youtube]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Post by Scrapmaster »

Barret is now full MR.T now.

Also, gameplay looks awesome.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

So, upon further review... I notice something. It's still ATB-based.

nv2l3j1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Haven't played any of the FF games from the last few years so I could be behind when I ask this. So regular attacks are fine as they'll allow for a more free-flow to the battle but the time bar has to be filled to perform special moves such as Limit Breaks, Summoning, Magic and Items?
Phantom77
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Glyph Swordmaster
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Lizardman, Sea Bishop

Post by Phantom77 »

The trailer does indeed look nice. The English voices also sound good.
There is nothing more beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

So it plays like lightning returns then.
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Scrapmaster wrote:Barret is now a real bad ass.
Fixed.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Severontous wrote:So it plays like lightning returns then.
Did you control 3 people, or one in Lightning Returns?

Creator_Drake
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Agent Planewalker
Favorite Monster Type: Ryu, Demon, Cyclops, Apophis,

Post by Creator_Drake »

Welp, apparently the remake is going to be episodic in nature as well and that the original composer won't be returning for the remake.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/12/07/p ... e=facebook
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Feathers wrote:
Scrapmaster wrote:Barret is now a real bad ass.
Fixed.

He even has sunglasses complementing that look.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

musical74
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Master of Mistakes
Favorite Monster Type: Siren, Fairy, Holsty o my!

Post by musical74 »

If the only real changes are voice acting and improved graphics... I'll pass. I don't care for VA all that much, and while improved graphics will be nice, if nothing has changed as far what happened in the original FF7... nah, I think I'd rather play something new over *we need to have FF7 (and no other final fantasy, JUST FF7) on every generation of consoles*

Be interesting how they would do FF6 or FF5 for a current gen console...
Mina and Cassandra prove that you CAN have light and dark together!
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Creator_Drake wrote:Welp, apparently the remake is going to be episodic in nature as well and that the original composer won't be returning for the remake.

...you have GOT to be kidding. Just how can they pull THIS off?

Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Creator_Drake wrote:Be interesting how they would do FF6 or FF5 for a current gen console...
Or FF9, now that's one game I'd pay thru the nose to see remastered...
Creator_Drake wrote:Welp, apparently the remake is going to be episodic in nature as well and that the original composer won't be returning for the remake.

What the airborne fornication is this feces!?

So, they're gonna make the game episodic so they can milk the maximum possible amount of royalties out of their fans, I see. And to do the game without Nobuo Uematsu is something that's really, really gonna piss off a lot of fans...
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

At first, I was like "Hell yeah!" But if its only visual update with voice acting then I'll pass. I was hoping (albeit futilely) to keep Aerith for the entire game this time around. I wanted to utilize my Omnislash/(or other limit break) + Fury Brand combo for more than just the first disc.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

Can we just calm down? We gotta think about things for a sec.

While I dobt like episodic like they say its gonna be like. I can kind of see where they are coming from, but fuck that shit episodic series a re so tell tale...

As for the composer not coming back. His contract with them no doubt expired (been a decade obviously it would expire). Who knows he might not be working on ot AS a choice, I kmow square enix enough to know that they would try reaching out to him. Since ffvii music was a pretty good hit.

And no people. You can see clearly shits getting updated. A move in particular in the trailer was NOT in the original. Where he dahses and slashes with his swofd in a wide horizontal arc. Never saw that one.

If its like lightning returns...well at least the characters are likable (I utterly despised lightning and everything about her existence made me question the laws of existence itself).

I can ser a lot of potential and im gonna go on thos with an open mind. No "Oh if its the same then I wont play it" bullshit.

Square enix itself said they would be changing stuff, adding stuff, updating stuff.

Mini rant/

Sry about that but seeing people saying " oh if its just a visual upgrade I wont play"

Dude there has already been a remame with slightly better graphics on FVII om pc. Not cha ging much from the origi al. Judt not polygons anynore but there, its even on steam for goodnes sakes.

If they are making ANOTHER remake/remaster. They know that they gotta change stuff uo.

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

dragonstryke58 wrote:At first, I was like "Hell yeah!" But if its only visual update with voice acting then I'll pass. I was hoping (albeit futilely) to keep Aerith for the entire game this time around.
Same, if she isn't a permamember I'm not interested in buying it myself. Even if she was, I bet she'd be some kind of "premium DLC preorder bonus"...you know, because Square loves doing stuff like that. -___-
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Scrapmaster wrote:Barret is now full MR.T now.
Mr.T?
More like Wesley Snipes... He totally looks like Blade.

Well... What can I say... I'm not impressed so far.
Hopefully it will catch my eye as time goes by and more things of it are seen, but for now I can't say I'm thrilled.

.P.S.:
...you have GOT to be kidding. Just how can they pull THIS off?
FF7's remake is Squareenix's very last trump card (things must be really desperate if they decided to make it after lustrums playing dumb with us), so it's obvious that they gonna wring out every penny possible from us... And to do so they're gonna do whatever it takes.

.P.S.2.:
And to do the game without Nobuo Uematsu is something that's really, really gonna piss off a lot of fans...
Maybe Squareenix is not to blame here (for once), let's remember that Uematsu is not a member of Squareenix staff anymore (the man became a freelance composer by the time Sakaguchi left to create his own studio).
I for once I'm more interested in knowing who will be the composer than in worrying about "midiman" Uematsu's involvement.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

I personally would disagree on the revival of Aerith.. If it were possible to revive Aerith, it would cheapen her sacrifice. She knew what she was doing in attempting to summon Holy, and so did Sephiroth. It's why he killed her, as she was the only one left who could do it, and sealed Holy before it could be fully awoken. Not to mention it is ment to act as a motivation to continue persuing Sephiroth.

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Unless they want to alienate Aeris fans like me who solely loved the game because of her (and I know plenty of folks of all ages who agree on that one) and thought the sacrifice was needless, they won't get my money. Either way, I win (plenty of other games to buy), so I'm not going to complain (not anymore, you should've heard me 10 years ago though, LOL) about it.

Even as a gameplay aspect, I was disappointed. Getting forced to use a character replacement I didn't give a dang about was a smack in the face. :/ Really though, the game was painfully boring without her on my team. The only reason I finished the game was to get a revive quest that I hoped to exist. I'd of been happy with just a ghost/clone of her like how Agarest War (grimoires can clone old members that you liked) and Star Ocean 4 (on new game+ a character is able to be kept at the point he leaves, but isn't in any dialogue) did it.

If they want to just remake the same game with the same predictable outcome all over again in epic newgen graphics of Aeris getting stabbed in the back, I'd be bored anyway. If I'm going to buy a new remake of a game, I want a different story experience, but that's just me. I've debated too many times over the subject of Aeris, and I already know most people are pretty adamant on their views of the subject, so I'll stop here.
Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Scrapmaster »

*Sits in corner sitting on a beach chair eating popcorn and drinking coca cola*

I honestly did not like Aerith at all, and I honestly liked the scene where she was killed, because that was the only way to make me feel something for a character that I absolutely hated and did not care about at all, I felt sad, (not because she had one of the highest magic stats so healing worked really well on her, I had Vincent as my healer afterwards anyway, so literally NO LOSS FOR AERITH AT ALL)

I thought they tried WAAAY too hard for you to like Aerith, and I hated her personality, and she tried way too hard to get cloud to like her to the point of me finding her obnoxious as hell, as it was clear TIfa and Cloud was the almighty ship.

I liked her more in crisis core, where she learns alot from zack and shes actually likable, but in FFVII, pffft, I was actually GLAD she died, which made me happy I WASN'T USING HER AT ALL THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!! :D :D :D so Experience saved for other, more interesting (To me) characters >:)

And I hope she dies again in the remake.

I also hate cloud, because he literally fucked Zack over because he pretty much COPIED EVERYTHING from him, took his soldier title, took his girlfriend (Aerith) and EVEN TOOK HIS FUCKING MEMORIES, if it wasn't for the charater development he goes through in advent children, I would totally go read some fanfics where Sephiroth kills the fuck out of cloud.

Favorite characters? Vincent (DIrge of cerberus did some nice development on him) Barret and Yuffie.

IM indifferent towards tifa or cid.