[Mobile] Fate/Grand Order

Smartpohone game with servants from the Fate franchise

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

[Mobile] Fate/Grand Order

Post by dragonstryke58 »

001fgo.jpg
Fate/Grand Order is a typical Japanese mobile card collecting/battling game for both iPhone and Android. It's free-to-play, though like most other F2P games, they do have in-app purchases for items to "boost" your gaming experience. In this case, in game currency to help you with summoning and other things. The game play is simple, summon servants to fight enemies. Servants range from 1-5 stars in rarity etc. Like I said, your typical card collecting/battling game.

Anyway, for the past couple months or so I've been really into this game. I have always been a fan of TYPE-MOON, so I had been anticipating this game for a while (but didn't get to play it until I upgraded my phone in November). I held my status as a F2P player, but then broke it when they had their "guaranteed 5-star summoning" event just last week. At least i got my fox waifu! :serenade:
image1.PNG
:info: For iOS users, you need to have a Japan iTunes account in order to download the game from the appstore since it's not available in any other region. For Android users, you can download the apk file from this website and install it (when the game needs to update, you just redownload the new apk file).

The game is pretty simple and gives you a tutorial off the bat. Gameplay-wise, you don't need to understand Japanese since most everything is self explanatory or there are English text along with the Japanese for certain menu options. Story-wise though, there's no translation (very regrettably...I would love to read the story too...) so you can skip through it with the skip option if your so inclined. As for translations of servant skills and such there are a couple handy sites out there FGO Wikia and FGO Cirnopedia which pretty much translated all of the servant info (and they are really fast about it too).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Re: [Mobile] Fate/Grand Order

Post by Blake81 »

Well now, I was wondering when someone would mention this game.

I heard that besides lovely ol' Tamamo Caster-chan, we got a ANOTHER NEW TAMAMO, this time a Berserker-chan. :perv: :love: :nosebleed:
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Yep. Tamamo Cat of the Tamamo Nine. I dunno how a fox changes into a cat but okay.
TamamoCat.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

Been playing since launch. Getting bored though. The art and lore is op, some neet friends on skype who can't get enough of the game keep me posted on the meta. Which is funny b/c there is a meta for this pve mobile game.

I mean basicly this is my end game right now. Because of this I haven't played in awhile. I know I like the dangerous waifus and all but there is always a limit to everything and we have far past it here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW1KpqpVAAAa2XR.jpg

EDIT: Tamamo cat is in fate/extra ccc as well, not as a playable character though.
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

This on Google Play? I might check it out if it is.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Not sure about Google Play. I assume that it is a part of Google Play since you can make purchases in the in-game store through there, but you might need to have a Japanese account (if there is such a thing). I know for sure that if you plan on making any in-game purchases, the currency must be in yen as some people have reported trouble when attempting purchase made with any other currency. I own a iPhone and just so happened to have a Japanese iTunes account (for when I was heavily downloading music from the Japan iTunes store), so I'm not sure about any further regional problems.

However, if you're using an android device and can't find it in the Google Play store itself (I think several of my friends couldn't find it), you can just download and open the apk file from the website I linked above. If you need the link, here it is again.

Also, a friend linked me this site which mentions alternative ways to play smartphone games on your pc using Fate/Grand Order as an example. If you don't feel like trying out on your smartphone, you can always try it out on your pc first too, I suppose. Here's the page with the instructions : Fate/Grand Order Emulators

EDIT: Btw...They announced that they will have their first crossover in February. Haven't heard what the details are just yet, but a lot of people are speculating things from Love Live! to KanColle to Persona. I'm really looking forward to it and am curious to what it could be. I'm hoping for "Legend of the Galactic Heroes"! (It's a side joke from the companion manga Fate/GUDAGUDA Order).
Gudao_07_-_Imgur.jpg
Severontous
Moon
Moon

Post by Severontous »

Google play has it region blocked, I use QooApp
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Some pretty nice cards in there, too bad I'll never get to play it.
Severontous
Moon
Moon

Post by Severontous »

Feathers wrote:Some pretty nice cards in there, too bad I'll never get to play it.
If you don't have a phone capable of running it, you can play it on your PC with an android emulator.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

I really don't know how to do it, know of a good tutorial site?
Severontous
Moon
Moon

Post by Severontous »

Feathers wrote:I really don't know how to do it, know of a good tutorial site?
Bluestacks Guide

Droid4x Guide

choose either/or
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

I'll wait for an English version of this game.
Severontous
Moon
Moon

Post by Severontous »

Jinouga87 wrote:I'll wait for an English version of this game.
You may be waiting for awhile then. At one time there was an english patch being developed but with every update pushed on the game the encryption code changed with it, preventing hacking but also preventing fan patches for lasting longer than a single patch. Therefore it was cancelled.