[Multi] Overwatch

New FPS to blow away TF2?!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Re: [Multi] Overwatch

Post by Pierce »

Case in point: November Terra (Nova) from Starcraft, she eventually escaped her brainwashing captors.
If anything Widowmaker's experimentation is a knockoff of the GHOST program (Except she has no psionic abilities that Ghosts & Spectres have).

There's a good chance she would suffer regret and PTSD should those repressed memories return...
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

same article as before wrote:Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion. Amélie was gone. "
Judging from this... I don't think there's anything to restore.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Damn. That kinda sucks.
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Pierce wrote:Case in point: November Terra (Nova) from Starcraft, she eventually escaped her brainwashing captors.
If anything Widowmaker's experimentation is a knockoff of the GHOST program (Except she has no psionic abilities that Ghosts & Spectres have).

There's a good chance she would suffer regret and PTSD should those repressed memories return...
I always thought that Widowmaker was a lot like Nova, which shouldn't surprise as it is, after all, Blizz.

Heh, a friend of mine joked that she was a daughter that Nova had with the TF2 sniper. :XD:
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

Symmetra evil?

Someone has not read her story.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

This game definitely doesn't have the lasting appeal that TF2 does. I think what saved TF2 was its loyal community (then again a lot of original TFers quit because TF2 was "dumbed down"). TF2, imo, was pretty bad on it's first year as well, so I'm not giving up on OW yet. (Heroes of the Storm was crap on it's first year, and now it's probably my favorite game ever made.)

Once TF2 added more server customizations, mod support, new weapons, dedicated maps, different play modes, trading, etc. the game became more than just a class based FPS, it became a community. OW has no community to speak of yet, it's just a bunch of random people playing together and minimal available customization, apart from some sprays/skins that no one really pays attention to that much. Chat boxes are just "gg" spam or people shit talking and bashing each other. Gets old after a while, getting romped by a full premade vs your PUG team, and having 6 GGs spammed in your chat, heh.

Some of the classes are currently very unbalanced (Winston and Symmetra are also regarded as the worst right now, others are greatly outshined) and it's frustrating to run back for 15 seconds after waiting 5-10 seconds to revive, only to be one shot again. TF2 has teleporters and instant respawns to make up for that in my case. I could go on, but no use, I'm sure a lot of people understand what I mean. Hopefully Blizz will improve upon the game more in the coming years.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement

Post by Pierce »

[youtube]Og5-Pm4HNlI[/youtube]

Looks like Blake has someone in common in terms of 'technical' skills.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I don't think anyone here is even close to her level of haxoring. lol

I heard she's an anti anti fun hero killer though. I'm personally tired of Rein standoffs. He's the biggest wall of anti fun I've ever seen in a game.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And from what I'm reading, she is very much counter-wall.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Scrapmaster
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Swordmaster of the void.

Post by Scrapmaster »

Feathers wrote:I don't think anyone here is even close to her level of haxoring. lol

I heard she's an anti anti fun hero killer though. I'm personally tired of Rein standoffs. He's the biggest wall of anti fun I've ever seen in a game.
Meh, anti-fun is them genji's blocking, killing and destroying everybody without a reliable counter, same for a tracer who knows how to play well with her.

Rein is fun if you play as him, you can actualy protect your team full-time unlike other tanks. (him being the de-facto tank for pushing an objective, wheras Zarya is good when in pairs and Roadhog and D.va are good for the extra utility a second tank can give, since they can't protect the team as much.

Plenty of ways to get around Rein, phara, flanking. Or another rein's fireball, Mccree's stun can go over the shield. It can be broken easily with focused fire, forcing him to fall back, etc.

Genji can just deflect, wombo combo you, and dash away before you even have a chance to retaliate, not even a winston can keep up and he's supposed to be the Genji's counter.
If you think of me as nothing more than a mere wanderer...you are trully mistaken, because I can destroy the very fabric of your being with the power bestowed upon me.

Where there is a question there is an answer, where there is an option there is another, my path is mine alone to make.

Death? I have gotten used to it, for I cannot die...I come back every time.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

As for my opinion, Rein is ultimately annoying if your team doesn't work around him more than anything. And I solo so it's incredibly annoying. I'm aware of his counters, and I play characters specially to ruin his life though. He's still and al ways will be the ultimate annoying piece of filthy haul of rust to deal with in my opinion. Genji...for me, is a joke, since I'm a damn good Winston.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

While I haven't played her yet (due to my recent lack of a PC), I must say I really like Sombra character and design wise; Blizz really hit the research when it came to Hacker lore, and she's as packed with as many Hacker references as she is with ''Dia De Los Muertos'' ones. And I really like that, heheh...
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Well, no worries there, as she isn't offically playable yet. Just revealed.

Fanfic Fetishist
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Deus Ex Epsilon
Favorite Monster Type: All Epsilon Pokegirls
Location: In the background of Epsilon, building the world bit by bit

Post by Fanfic Fetishist »

Early reports from players is that Sombra is definitely a hard counter to Reinhardt and Bastion. Her health pack hacks also make life difficult for Tracer and Genji running around.
Check out Pokegirls Epsilon!:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=923

Let no one tell you how to live! Define yourself by your own will! Be a storm unto yourself!
Darkness, Light, there is no difference. Stand tall, embrace both, and you can find the true path!
http://www.f-list.net/c/fanfic%20fetishist/
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Dev admits Overwatch is unbalanced and also "effectively impossible to balance".

http://www.hofmag.com/overwatch-update- ... ced/195218

I'm not going to deny that agility heroes like Tracer and Genji are over the top too powerful when people are great with them (not me, not ever, my reaction time isn't what it used to be). I'm fine staying in gold or plat, but I'm tired of seeing level 500 Gods in my bracket going against tracers that can kill my ENTIRE team (yep, it happened LOL). The MM is still really broken. I'm fine with admitting I'll never be as good as a hyper active teenage twitchy gamer though. Hehe.

Looks like they are working to fix it up though. I'm take another break and hope for the best next year. I do think Sombra was intended to break the meta though, especially for people like Zarya Lucio and Rein. Have to love how a hacker is the one who is keeping the balance, eh Blake?! ;)

They are nerfing ult time build up, which is a welcome change too. The game is basically whoever can ult spam first, wins. it really ruins the fun skirmish parts of the game in my opinion. They did better with Heroes of the Storm the way ults are great tools, but not free wins.

/Rant over. I think I just need a break.. Image
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Blizzard kept their promise for LGBT inclusion, and delivered on it for the holidays.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/20/14028 ... gay-tracer
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/russia-bans- ... 19732.html

And Russia has decided to ban Overwatch because of the comic.

Pierce
Judgement
Judgement

Post by Pierce »

And here I was thinking Russia was above legislative ultra-conservative homophobia.... Oh well.

And yes I do hope for some game adjustments, ult-spamming is too frequent and maybe focus more on retweaking ability cooldowns for some characters.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

From what I read on the Blizz forums, Russia is against all non Kremlin endorsed "propaganda" . I saw Russian players chiming in saying they welcomed the inclusion though.

They nerfed ult spamming a bit on the last patch. It's still there, but doesn't seem as BAD. My issue now is people playing tank teams. It gets very stale fighting Rein+Zarya+Hog with Zen/Mercy+whatever every game. I notice a lot more standoffs and stalemates now.
Pierce
Judgement
Judgement

Post by Pierce »

I've been putting some lean towards Junkrat and Dva recently to balance out being a heavy Soldier main. Reindhardt still remains good in my books up until you have an uncooperative team that runs past the very shield that protects them...