Victory Belles

Because if KanColle won't come, we'll make our own...

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Victory Belles

Post by Blake81 »

Lately, there have been lots of rumors about KanColle being localized to the west or the end of the region-locking thing. However, most of those rumors have either vanished or been confirmed to be hoaxes. So, with that in mind, Black Chicken Studios decided than, rather than wait for KanColle to come, they would make their own.

Enters ''Victory Belles'':

[youtube]IY_RS8Cm-PU[/youtube]

Like a friend of mine put it: ''Victory Belles is to KanColle what Undertale is to Earthbound; the same good and proven basic concept, but with the EPIC cranked up to eleven.''

And while it does look quiet similar to KanColle in many aspects (IMHO), the biggest differential point I see between them is the fact that Victory Belles has put the ''World'' part of WWII into consideration.

KanColle's ship girls so far have all been based Japanese ships (With some German ones and the newcomer Iowa being one bit o' Murica on it), so Victory Belles ship girls instead come from all of the major powers; United States, Great Britain, Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, France, Italy, and Imperial Japan, with each ship girl speaking on her native tongue (So yeah, no Iowa or Kongou ENGRISH here.) and voiced by some pretty high-profile actresses from the world of anime dubs.

[youtube]Hzi3UjYjTmM[/youtube]

Another thing that VB seems to be putting a lot of emphasis into is giving each of its ships girls an unique personality (as well as adding the mandatory Dating & Romance elements). Unlike in KanColle, where each girl's personality and behavior is entirely up to the imagination of the player, VB takes the MonMusu route of giving each girl behave in her own unique way.

And speaking of MonMusu, just as with the Abyssals from KanColle, the Morganas (read: enemies) are also all MGs, so expect them to be just as popular amongst fandom as their KanColle counterparts are.

Even if there are only 120 Belles planned so far, I think it's not hard to imagine that many more will be released one the game's out. And since the spectrum of ships of this game is far greater than that of KanColle, it's not to hard to imagine that at some point, it might even surpass KanColle's numbers.

Currently, there are only five days left for the Kickstarter to end, but luckily, they already hit their goal, so nothing to fear there. Still, for any of those who might still want to throw some money at it, this is your last chance.

As for me, I really have high hopes for this game; it looks like it could be just what the west need to sate their thirst for ship waifus, hehehe....
[BRindustries]
Emperess
Emperess
Official Title: Clever Commentator
Personal Title: The Fluff.
Favorite Monster Type: Cyclops, without a doubt.^^

Re: Victory Belles

Post by [BRindustries] »

Well, judging from the kickstarter page there's no need to worry about the demand.^^ Wouldn't be surprised if this eventually outgrew kancolle.
Hopefully the number of ship nationalities will go up as time goes on, more variety is always nice. (though it already looks top-notch^^)
Severontous
Moon
Moon
Official Title: Resident U.S. Army Veteran
Personal Title: Ever tired man
Favorite Monster Type: Dangerous 1 nobody else wants.

Post by Severontous »

There's also a china variant.
Spoiler: show
I am the bone of my HitBox
Sanwa is my body and Salt is my blood
I have wiffed over a thousand DPs
Unknown to SRK, Nor known to the FGC
Have withstood pain to create many combos
Yet, those combos will never hit anything
So as I pray, INFERNO DIVIDER
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

[BRindustries] wrote:Well, judging from the kickstarter page there's no need to worry about the demand.^^ Wouldn't be surprised if this eventually outgrew kancolle.
Hopefully the number of ship nationalities will go up as time goes on, more variety is always nice. (though it already looks top-notch^^)
Mhm, and based on what I heard from the developers, they were quite surprised to find they got a great number of Japanese backers. And yeah, unless KanColle takes the worldwide approach as well, they could easily outgrow them in a few years after release.
Severontous wrote:There's also a china variant.
So I heard, but I didn't see any images of her. I DO saw an India variant, and since India also had its fair share of WWII conflict, it's quite fitting.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Haha, cool! Finally people getting off their butts and making games instead of begging for translations!
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

So this is the Western Equivalent of Warship Girls, which in turn is the Chinese "offspring" of Kancolle.
...and not a trace of Spanish vessels on it whatsoever...yay. ¬¬

Well... I wish them the best of lucks and all that, not gonna donate though since I can't afford it and Mighty nº9 has made extremely wary of Kickstarter backing.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

HOLY FUCK! The Kickstarter just went up $20K in two days! Most likely the ''last day drawing near'' effect we see in all Kickstater campaigns.
Kaijin wrote:...and not a trace of Spanish vessels on it whatsoever...yay. ¬¬
You will be glad to hear that the Devs just heard your pledge! Meet Velasco:

More about her here:

And since she mentions her sisters, it's pretty obvious she'll not be the only Belle from La Madre España.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

You will be glad to hear that the Devs just heard your pledge! Meet Velasco
Definitely good news, specially when Kancolle decided to ignore the whole Spanish Armada in favor of Iowa (I get that our role during WWII was minimal and there were thousands of "teitokus" crying for allied ships to make the cut as playable characters... But dang... we were part of the axis alongside Germany and Italy back then... It would have made a lot of sense to see some Spanish ships implemented).

Kind of odd to not see Canarias first (our navy's flagship, survivor of three wars (including a barely testimonial WWII role) and made it all the way until 1977... when she was scrapped because our government sheer idiocy)... But a destroyer that survived until 1957 and didn't sink is a good addition.

I'm positively surprised. ^^
Hood
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Succubi Pimp
Favorite Monster Type: Succubi,Slimes,Centaurs,Lamias

Post by Hood »

Feathers wrote:Haha, cool! Finally people getting off their butts and making games instead of begging for translations!
Amen for that, Brother! Also, kickstarter has reached $77, 943.00. And what amazed me the most is that, thanks to the japanese support, they're going to localize the game to japanese! something that Kancolle has never done for its western fanbase!

Maybe I´m going ahead of myself but, this could actually surpass KanColle and it wouldn't surprise me to see certain ship girls as guest stars in the future.

(Oh! My dear Yamato! Seeing you making a team with Kirov would be a dream come true! :harp: )
There are those who would scorn good-natured people. Even if God himself will
not show his face, a heartful person will one day take God's place in
visiting Judgement upon them. This is what is known as "Divine Retribution"
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Hood wrote:Amen for that, Brother! Also, kickstarter has reached $77, 943.00. And what amazed me the most is that, thanks to the japanese support, they're going to localize the game to japanese! something that Kancolle has never done for its western fanbase!
Ya might wanna check that number again, because the final fund was FUKKEN $100,348! Seriously, everybody wants this game and they said it loud and clear.
Blake81
Sun
Sun

Post by Blake81 »

Kaijin wrote:Kind of odd to not see Canarias first (our navy's flagship, survivor of three wars (including a barely testimonial WWII role) and made it all the way until 1977... when she was scrapped because our government sheer idiocy)... But a destroyer that survived until 1957 and didn't sink is a good addition.
Oi Kaijin, looks like the Devs read your post. Behold VB's Canarias:
c4e326cc59ef84ae0581ae8ce4051783_original.jpg

Needless to say, this means that now it's confirmed that we'll be seeing more Spanish ship girls in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SIERRA-116
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: MCPO Jason-116
Favorite Monster Type: Snakes, slimes, Alraunes, bugs
Location: Installation 05 "Green Zone" (Codename: Delta Halo GZ)

Post by SIERRA-116 »

Never any modern ships.

I guess that's boring though because everything is automated, and armour means so little these days. You need PD systems to survive ship sinking missiles.
To find him, you must forget the stories...

Forget the legends...

You have to do more than walk in his footsteps...

For he is more than the sum of his actions...

I tell you this, not because I trust you...

But because all our lives are at stake...

Because the seeds of our future... are sown in his past...
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Kaijin »

o_O

If I wasn't reading their site I wouldn't believe what I'm seeing.
This one definitely caught me off guard... In a positive way of course.

Kadokawa, learn from this guys dang it! ¬¬#