Steam Summer Sale 2018

The Biyearly Brutal Wallet Gangrape

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Re: Steam Sales 2016

Post by Observer »

Maybe we should have a game sale general thread. I have accounts on Steam, GoG, Uplay and now Humble Bundle. The Humble Bundle store is having a sale right now.
"I like to watch."
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Steam Sales 2016

Post by Feathers »

I'll leave you that honor. I picked the Humble Bundle myself. I think I have a Humble Bundle thread...somewhere.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Re: Steam Sales

Post by Feathers »

And yet another Steam Summer Sale is here. Anyone see anything of interest? This year we have another shot of trying to get some new (cheap) games with some multiplayer! I haven't really hung out with anyone lately. I was considering Left For Dead 2 and/or Don't Starve Together, they are very cheap at the moment.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2017

Post by Flare »

Well, L4D2 is quite fun, especally with friends. The amount of monkeying around you can do is quite surprising.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Re: Steam Sales

Post by DogKama »

Feathers wrote:And yet another Steam Summer Sale is here. Anyone see anything of interest? This year we have another shot of trying to get some new (cheap) games with some multiplayer! I haven't really hung out with anyone lately. I was considering Left For Dead 2 and/or Don't Starve Together, but very cheap at the moment.
I have L4D2 and Don't starve together so if you need people to play with hit me up. On another note, I bought Hearts of Iron 4 and FF6.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Observer
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: The Stranger
Favorite Monster Type: Lamia, Arachne and Scylla

Post by Observer »

I got Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven and its content pack. I don't care that it was only 10% off. I WANTED IT NOW!! Thankfully I had the money.

Other things I got: Age of Mythology: Extended Edition and its expansion pack and 3 soundtracks from Crypt of the NecroDancer.
"I like to watch."
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Observer wrote:I got Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven and its content pack. I don't care that it was only 10% off. I WANTED IT NOW!! Thankfully I had the money.

Other things I got: Age of Mythology: Extended Edition and its expansion pack and 3 soundtracks from Crypt of the NecroDancer.
I'm thinking about getting Crypt of the NecroDancer as well and awesome on getting Madate of Heave and Age of Mythology. Age of Mythology and I go way back and its worth it.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I feel like I'm one of the few people who HAVEN'T played Left For Dead 2 haha! I'll keep it in mind Flare/Dog.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Flare »

Yeah, like one time I got to be the Tank in L4D2, and started slapping around a forklift, and a friend of mine starting to sing "The Fugitive Alien Song"

And for those who don't know... this is it.

[youtube]vx7ldTl7txQ[/youtube]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2018

Post by Blake81 »

Sooooo.... it's that magical time of the year again.

On 2016, I had no PC or money. On 2017, I had Money, but no PC (at the time). So, on this year, I have a PC, and I HAD money, but... well, there was this Kickstarter by an Indie Dev Team I've loved for decades making a whole new series and, well.... Argh!
Spoiler: show
Dammit.png
GODDAMMIT! Been waiting for this all my life and I had the money; had to pass so many good kickstarters, I just couldn't stop myself....
Nonetheless, even if I have a self imposed budget of 15$, I've gotten quite a few good recommendations for those with wider spending margins.

1. DEADBOLT

Risk of Rain veterans will immediately know what they're in for another Hopoo Games piece; beautiful pixel art, amazing gameplay, infinite replayability, and Chris-Chris Music-Induced Eargasm. This game has them all, especially the music.

So, in DEADBOLT, You Are Become Death. No seriously; you take the role of the Grim Reaper, tasked with culling a series of undead uprising (curiously modeled after the 70s Cocaine Epidemic of all things; extra kudos for original setting) armed with your vast arsenal of death-dealing tools and your lighter which allows you to turn into mist (to get through vents, pipes... and toilets). The plot seems kind of simplistic at first, but after you start gathering bits of intels dropped by your enemies, heard in bits of dialogue and provided by The Flames, your employer, it all starts painting a surprisingly deep and well-written narrative.

Gameplay-wise, we have a Stealth game quite similar to Hotline Miami, but with a 2D Platformer style more reminiscent of Mark of the Ninja and Gunpoint; using noises, lights, environmental distractions and such to either outsmart or avoid your enemies while managing your limited ammo, taking cover or just running away. The game is hard, and can be frustrating, but this is only if you just charge ahead, shooting like a madman; the mechanics are easy to learn, yet difficult master, mainly due to the fact that you're not much more durable than your enemies, and just as vulnerable to headshots (one hit, one kill, except bosses and some bigger baddies). However, the game is quite fun, specially as there's no specific way to solve each level; they're all up to your creativity on what to do and how. One difficult part of it, however, is new weaponry. There's usually weapons scattered on most levels and some enemies drop theirs, but you can always buy weapons from Charon, to start your next mission with it. However, the currency to get the weapons, SOULS, are fixed every level, and cannot be grinded, except by achievement hunting (which is quite fun, IMHO). Weapons also cannot be sold back, so if you made the wrong choice, you may either tough it up and play in disadvantage for the rest of the game, or restart it.

Still, despite all of this, I strongly recommend this game. It's worth every penny.

2. Death Road: TO CANADA!

I'll say this outright; this game is a parody. Just like Dungeons of Dredmor is a parody of the Dungeon Crawler RPG, DR:TC is a parody of the Zombie Survival Roguelike, stuffed to the brim with every pop culture reference, zombie movie/game parody, comedy trope you could possibly think of, all in a neat retro-style pixel game.

The plot is simple; you and your jerk friends are trapped in Florida during the Zombie Apocalypse and decide to hit the road and head to Canada, the last surviving beacon of civilization. So now you must scavenge your way north, grabbing food, weapons, gas and may even other jerks who decide to join up with you (and maybe betray you and take your stuff if they get angry at you).

Gameplay-wise, it's also simple, you have melee weapons which swing fast or slow, break quickly or never, and have short or long range. Guns never break down, but have limited ammo (and there are some special weapons, like Chainsaws that consume Gas instead). So you hit the zombies until they explode. There are no ''special infected''; just your usual slow zeds, but they make it up with their absurd numbers.

The soundtrack leaves a bit to be desired on this one; bit of an earworm IMHO, but that doesn't take away anything from the experience.

Nonetheless, if the price is good, it's worth the grab.

3. Project Zomboid

I've had this one for a looong, looong time, and if my over 600 hours have anything to say, this game is damn good despite being Early Access. It's what I consider the TRUE Zombie Survival Game.

With a GIGANTIC game map (non-randomly generated, save for some individual item spawns and the cars), a wide array of skills and specializations, the vast amount of crafting, along with the recently added vehicles, this game promises HOURS UPON HOURS of cool stuff. Despite it sandbox nature, the games has a very well-written story, although it's not the story about YOU the player, but about the whole zed apocalypse, and it's delivered mainly via radio and TV in-game. There's no ''win'' status either; you don't just beat the big zombie king and save the world, it's about the day to day survival, staying feed, healthy, armed and alive, which is not as easy as it may sound. The game takes ''realism'' seriously; there are no magic first aid kits; wounds will take days to heal, infect if not properly treated and bleed if not properly bandaged. Same goes for food; it spoils after a while and even refrigerated it doesn't last forever, and better not try eating it raw or uncooked, unless you want a serious food poisoning.

The combat is a very well-made melee and stealth combo; there are guns, but they're rare and noisy, and don't expect to hit anything if you don't know how to use it, unless you picked an associated profession (Police, Veteran, Huntsman) or just the right perks (Gun Enthusiast, Hobby Hunter).

One thing, tho, THERE ARE NO NPCs YET. I gotta put this disclaimer as lots of ppl have gotten the game expecting them, but given it a bad review because they weren't there.

I seriously enjoy this one, and if you like a realistic ''Zed Sims'' this game is easily one of the (if not the) best choice around.

That'll be it for this season. Hope you guys enjoy them if you get them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Re: Steam Summer Sale 2018

Post by Feathers »

I remember when I used to get excited about Steam sales. *ufufufu* I'm a broke ass featherman looking-for-work bum and I haven't enjoyed that for some time.

Best deal I saw was Fairy Fencer F Advent Force though. If people like silly JRPGs..made me realize the Hyperdimension Neptunia creators do so much better when they have males involved instead of 100% girls (also increases their audience). Monogender gets dull in my opinion.