Prey for the Gods

Shadow of the Colossus successor?

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Prey for the Gods

Post by DogKama »

Just found out about this Kickstarter and to be honest I'm interested in it.

[youtube]hzDl2THyF4w[/youtube]

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Re: Prey for the Gods

Post by Blake81 »

Well, that doesn't look half bad.

Still, as someone who never played Shadow of the Colossus (because my PS2 emu couldn't hold it), there's nothing that really calls me out about this game.

One thing I do find curious and rather worth mentioning, however, is that they are giving a free copy of Grim Dawn (a game I already have, and love) with one of the tiers, so if these guys are working with Crate Entertainment (GD's Devs) then this game is in very good hands.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Haha that screenshot definitely looks like SoC. I'm not into boss hunting games, but I heard that one was pretty legendary for its time. Wow, I remember reading about it in a gaming magazine around 11 years ago..time sure dies fly, like the fastest harpy.

Where is this free copy of Grim Dawn now?
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

Feathers wrote:Where is this free copy of Grim Dawn now?
It's there on the +60$ Donation tier, but considering that you can get GD for around 23$ on Steam and a similar price (I think a bit lower) on GOG, it's certainly not a good offer.

Still, it's worth to mention, as GD has been a glorious example of Early Access done right, so if their Dev Team is somehow involved with this one, it'll probably come out well.

Also, just noticed Ian Dorsch's name in the music department, and since I love the opening/ending song of Zero Punctuation, I'm sure he'll do great. That said, I wonder if having a Kickstarter project so close to home will actually move Yahtzee to donate to it, hahah.