Your Video Game Rage Stories

Have you had your daily dose of video game rage?

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Your Video Game Rage Stories

Post by Feathers »

So, I'm guessing a good amount of us have some stories of video game rage. I'm curious about how other people's journeys through digital hell have gone.

Most recently, which literally caused me to uninstall Heroes of the Storm- People that join a game specifically to force my team to lose. We had a Diablo literally running into the enemy team, killing himself over and over, for no reason, he never said a word. The game dragged on for about 20 minutes, because of our strong team. Next, I had a Jaina that decided he hates Abathur on his team and decided to never help the team. We lost in 3 minutes.

Sad part about all this is that it's happening in a Platinum tier (above average skill) which makes it impossible to move up in ranks anymore. I went from Platinum 2 to Gold 2 in two days. It's extremely frustrating to deal with people like this in online gaming.
People always troll back when you say there is "forced losses" because Blizzard wants a 50/50 ratio, and it's very true. I have 100s of replays to prove it. It went on and on and on, and eventually I decided to take a break from the rage and uninstall.

I don't mind lower skilled players or when people make mistakes, but intentionally making my team and I waste 20 minutes each game? Unacceptable. I fear for the future of online competitive gaming. People say "make a team", but it's easier said than done, since everyone has different time zones and prejudices to different play styles, social habits, etc. People seem to have little tolerance for anything these days. It was so easy to make a clan/guild back in the early 2000s, but now, it's about has hard as finding a good paying job!

So, anyone else have some video game rage stories to share?
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Your Video Game Rage Stories

Post by Flare »

Well, I wouldn't call mine "Rage" stories, mostly because those tend to involve me breaking stuff.. but I do have some "Frustrationquit" moments. One of them was in Party Hard, in their DLC pack. Was clearing out a drughouse, and I was on the last 3 guys. Took down one with the knife, though I was spotted and the police arrived. Managed to take the 2nd one down with a trap I had actually forgotten about, and was after the last guy. Had him basically trapped, but the police guy was close, but I figured I had him. I somehow wiff with my knife, and the gun I had did not go off either, and got busted. Closed the game in frustration.

Also, the Solotare card game. How many times have I nearly had it beat, only to be thwarted by having the needed card under a stack I cannot move...

Oh, and Feathers, I take it you reported those asshats?
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah I meant "rage" in the general sense- angry, frustrated, whatever. It's the common term thrown around these days in games, for basically any negative emotion.

Haha how many times as Solitaire beaten me...I think I beat it once ever back in high school, and then quit it for good. It seemed pretty rigged!

Yeah, though I doubt it won't do much. In the first game, the person's last message in the game to me was, "See ya, Harpy F@#$%t" (censored) (I get a lot of hate for my Harpy and Angel names for some reason), so hopefully he will get banned or something. Oh, and he said this because he lost the previous game with me (we had 2 leavers..so, yea, we lost), and still gets nasty even though I carried the second game. It's gotten so bad that I couldn't even leave the damn chat on. Yeah, my temper can only handle so much of these shitheads..
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And that right there is probably the main reason I don't really play many multiplayer games. I got a very low tolerance for jerks.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

Power Rangers Legacy Wars got rage from me a bit ago. For those that don't know Power Rangers Legacy Wars is a multiplayer fighting game that dropped a few days ago. The game is more or less Clash Royale meets Marvel Contest of Champions wrapped in a Power Rangers suit. Anyway the big rage moments for were being cornered and having to way to fight back at all.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Post by Helios Leinheart »

Once I was about to beat Final Fantasy 7 for my third or fourth time. I was using Cait Sith on this run and had the most bizarre thing happen.

On the first form of Sephiroth, I used Cait Sith's limit break. The one with the slots. I got the instant win state.

Then on the final form, I got the instant death state. The pain was incredible.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

That reminds me, at the final boss's in Star Ocean 4, my game disc derped out on me. SO I bought the game again, and the game disc died again at the exact same door. WHAT THE FRICK! Turns out a large portion of the game discs had a factory defect in certain areas of the US. Lucky me. I never did get to beat the game. That was the day I quit the XBOX360 for good.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Ok, I got one that happened to me last night. Was playing Dungeons of Dreadmoar, and I picked a skill that if I take a critical hit, there was a chance I would be teleported up to 5 spaces away. Kicked down a door, to discover something called a "Monster Zoo" in there. It's literally a large room filled to the brim with monsters, as seen in the screenshot below.

Anyway, I start launching in fireballs and send in my Wyvern to keep my flank clear. Now, dispite the assault, some monsters get though into melee range. A quick exchange caused the teleport to fire off.... right into the middle of the zoo. I go from 3/4 health to dead in 2 hits.

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Holy harpies, that's a lot of monsters. Brutal game is brutal.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Yeah, though sometimes you can slam the door shut on them, handle them on your terms. But when you clear out a Monster Zoo, you get a reward in the form of high-end gear. And at character creation, you can choose what skill trees. And thankfully, no harpys to harm!

Pierce
Judgement
Judgement
Official Title: Overseer
Personal Title: Chapter Master
Favorite Monster Type: Kejourou
Location: A small town that worships a carrotman named "Gwilly"

Post by Pierce »

Doom's Ultra-nightmare runs will forever seethe hatred.
My helmet (Death Marker) was near the Argent Facility (4th level) and just as I thought I chainsawed a Hell Knight open.... gets cleaved in half by a Hell Razer...

Also, shitty Overwatch players who can't team Comp or frequently ragequit prior to or mid session.
Pokemonaces
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Friendly Global Moderator
Personal Title: Carefree Incubus.
Favorite Monster Type: Arumaeruma, Bubble slime

Post by Pokemonaces »

Here's one for yah. I have yet to play a game that made me feel rage like splatoom. Ironic considering the casual nature of the game, but this time in particular, the game pissed me off so much that I punched my wiiu game pad which led to this happening
20150717_140117.jpg
Needless to say I won't be playing games like Nioh or Dark Souls unless I have an extra controller handy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Humans are the very reason our existence is relevant. Without them, gods have no meaning. We have no right to tell them what's right and wrong, for only they're their own masters..."

Quoted by an idealistic fool
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Oh geez, I just redownloaded Overwatch and read that. Of course it hasn't gotten any better.. :|

WOW, that tops me in my gaming rage history. Most I ever did was slam my desk with my fist LOL. Impressive gamer rage. Master...
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Well, not really game-related, but I've gotten so pissed off at my computer that I've actually cracked the case of my mouse.