[PS3/4]Persona 5

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

[PS3/4]Persona 5

Post by Feathers »

The long awaited Persona 5 is nearly here, April 4th! So who is getting it?! I've been waiting since Persona 4 (9 years) for this one! :mrgreen: The graphics and gameplay, story, character and everything is looking brilliant. The Personas are looking and sounding amazing with their new models and voices. The reviews are also all saying it's one of the best JRPGs ever made. I can't wait!
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Hopeless Romantic
Favorite Monster Type: Holstaurubus

Re: [PS3/4]Persona 5

Post by Helios Leinheart »

Fortunately it's coming out on PS3. I've got my copy preordered. Me and my buddy are gonna make a weekend out of it.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

A weekend?! Dang man, I'm going to savor this one for a few months I think!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Great game, love it, perfect. Zero complaints so far. I'm amazed at even after 6 hours, the game is keeping it's story telling momentum. No favorite characters yet though. Just enjoying the ride. Definitely not going to blow the game in 1 week, savoring it!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

If anyone gets this, it's so much better in Japanese, because you can hear Pikachu's CV talking a "not-cat" named Morgana. 6 hours in now and the game still keeps me pinned. I can't believe how much dialogue there is. It's such a visual, audial, and mental feast.
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

I do like Morgana a lot, but I can't use the Japanese dialog. I feel like experiencing the game in English is an experience all its own.

Plus the English voice acting in Persona games is always great.

Oh, except for Igor. Goddamn did that throw me off hardcore.
hothead1021
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Elemental Bomber
Favorite Monster Type: Wight

Post by hothead1021 »

Igor huh? yeah i saw a video on that, hmm, wouldn't it be a treat if the developers made igors voice sound different on purpose?

Top 20 Mamono in no order
Spoiler: show
Dullahan
Vampire
Dragon
Mantis
Lizardman
Elf
Blue Oni
Alice
Yuki-Onna
Sahuagin
Scylla
Alice
Dhampir
Anubis
Neried
Lilim
Dwarf
Kunoichi
Doppelganger
Salamander
Marthy and Mara: Thank you Minerva, for our bond with Megumi
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

OOH yea Igor, was the MAIN REASON I wanted to check for Japanese DLC Voice. As much as I love Kenpanchi's English CV, he's..not..an IGOR. I can never get used to Nami (League of Legends) with Morgana as the same voice...Lux/Vert/Jailor Twins, etc. it's just not working out in my head very well for this game. Pikachu Morgana is so damn good though.. it just FITS! lol

I don't play the whole sub vs dub debate, I just prefer sub in this one. My choice is based on preference mosty. Also Japanese Ryuji just sounds more bad ass to me for some reason..
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

2nd mission isn't exciting as the first, so far, but still enjoying the game a lot. Pika-err Morgana-chu is still carrying the game for me. Acts like a real cat, personality wise!
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by kukuruyo »

I'm on 4th dungeon and still don't know who to pick as waifu. I'm leveling up Tae, Ann and Makoto to decide, but i don't have Haru yet.

I'm also dubious about who to pick because in some way i side with Akechi when he talks about the Phantom thieves. The cases they solve are very black and white, clearly evil people, but what happens when they're not so clear? do they have the right to essentially brainswash people for wrongthink?
Fur-man
Emperess
Emperess
Personal Title: the magic scientist fox
Favorite Monster Type: big boobed ones

Post by Fur-man »

hothead1021 wrote:Igor huh? yeah i saw a video on that, hmm, wouldn't it be a treat if the developers made igors voice sound different on purpose?
try not to draw too much attention to the voice its part of the plot ((says the player who's doing the New game +))
ImageImageImage

hay I mite as well be a jack-of-alltrads
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

I finally got myself a PS4 and I of course I got myself a copy of Persona 5.
The game can only be described with a single word: MASTERPIECE

It probably the best RPG the whole PS4 library has to offer hands down and an excellent way to honour the Persona subseries now that it has reached its full maturity (20 years, the legal adult age in Japan).

I'm still playing the game and greatly enjoying every second of it (currently on the third Palace). ^^
And by the way, please keep the spoilers to a nonexistant minimum, if possible (or if not make a proper use of the spoiler tags).

.P.S.: I gotta buy the game's OST whenever I have the chance ^^
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I definitely agree, best JRPG I've played in years years YEARS. (Also enjoying Dark Souls III a lot lately. Getting gud is a part of my life now.) If you REALLY want the OST... PM me and let's talk about it. ;)

Also, I've learned to appreciate the English voices. They both have their charms...Helios was right. Pikachu can be particularly grating on the ears after 70 hours.

A particular late game character really "stole my heart" as well.
Spoiler: show
Haru! She's amazing, best Persona character waifu ever!
Helios Leinheart
Moon
Moon

Fur-man wrote:
hothead1021 wrote:Igor huh? yeah i saw a video on that, hmm, wouldn't it be a treat if the developers made igors voice sound different on purpose?
try not to draw too much attention to the voice its part of the plot ((says the player who's doing the New game +))
Please put details like this in a spoiler...
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Igor huh? yeah i saw a video on that, hmm, wouldn't it be a treat if the developers made igors voice sound different on purpose?
Plot reasons aside (the sooner I ask to not throw spoiler bombs in the thread, the sooner people ignore my pleas... Seriously, that grinds my gears to no end), Dan Woren (the one who voiced Igor in P3 and P4) is not a part of the cast.

Quite a moronic action made by Atlus there (unlike in the Japanese dub there was no reason to do so... Isamu Tanonaka (Igor's Japanese voice actor) died in 2010 after all)).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Yeah when I first heard Igor's English voice I was "like what the frick is this?!" The entire game had me thinking something isn't right, since the execution fusions are REALLY gruesome. So I'm wondering a lot how it turns out.

Well 90 hours in, and I'm probably nearing the end since most of my social links are level 9+. Game seemed to get extremely easy once Blake's dream girl (she is practically made for him, I think!) joined up.

I have to say this is the easiest Persona. Despair ailment is the most broken ailment I've ever abused in my life. I normally go the "angel" persona line route, but this time, I moved to Lamia>White Rider>Garuda and I'm just completely wrecking this game. Consider Despair (paralyze silence and doom all in one package) the instagib of JRPGs. I have 100% SP nearly always, and even the toughest trash maps are cake. Hopefully the boss proves tough. I'm already geared up for a possible despair spamming boss too, can't use my weapon against me!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

This game taking me a while to finish, but I'm nearly done. Finally saw the big twists, FINALLY, 100 hours in! Final showdown has got to be next! I love Haru! Best Girl.
Persona Haru 6d1de778867b61abe1dbdb00fff523b0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.