Fate Grand Order

AT EFFING LAST!!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Fate Grand Order

Post by Blake81 »

With the great success overseas that's been Granblue Fantasy, it appears that Japanese mobile game companies have finally realized that there's potential on this side of the sea.

So, it was just a matter of time before Fate GO showed up on our coasts.

http://fate-go.us/

Needless to say, the unanimous YAY!! of the western fanbase must have been loud enough to wake up Nasu-sensei.

So, now it's just waiting for the release this summer.

P.D. AT LAST! MORE TAMAMO!!

Friend Codes:

425 201 937 kukuruyo
113 017 152 Hothead
752 674 564 Blake
537 179 805 Flare
018 992 122 Jinouga
179 222 178 Dragonstryke
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Re: Fate Grand Order is coming to the US

Post by dragonstryke58 »

I must say that I'm glad that it's getting a N.A. localization...though I'll probably still play my JP account. I've invested way too much time (and money) into my JP account to just switch to playing an English translated version. Also, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to get my waifus (Tamamo Lancer, Musashi, and Raiko) again.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Awesome, about time! Glad I never wasted time on a the JAPANESE version!
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

dragonstryke58 wrote:I must say that I'm glad that it's getting a N.A. localization...though I'll probably still play my JP account. I've invested way too much time (and money) into my JP account to just switch to playing an English translated version. Also, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to get my waifus (Tamamo Lancer, Musashi, and Raiko) again.
Err, while I dunno how will Fate GO work, on Granblue, playing it in english is just a matter of changing the settings; Japanese and American userbases are the same.

So, maybe you can keep playing on your old account, but now in ENG.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

According to the Aniplex Panel, the fact that there will be no transfer of accounts has been confirmed. From the info that has been released, it will be a fresh new start in a similar fashion to how FGO was released in China (FGO was released in China about 3 months after Japan).

So no playing my current account in English. To be honest, though, I expected as much...
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Either you don't care about the story, have a translation, can read it already, or it doesn't have much to read and not worth reading? I don't know what to think of that. All about money in the end though of course.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

I've read translations for the story chapters. As usual with hard-core fans, there will always be someone translating things and putting them up somewhere on the net.

At one point there was a "Fate/GO Translation Project" which was a fan based project which subbed the chapters with screenshots, but that got hit with a DMCA.

In any case, like I said there's usually translations that pop up on the FGO reddit or other places on the net.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

YES!!!! Now I can get various waifus the game offers.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Show us your future waifu list Jin? :3
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Feathers wrote:Show us your future waifu list Jin? :3
Of course. I'll be linking directly from the Grand Order wiki for further help. Spoilered as there's a lot and most are spoilers for events.

Aside from my waifus I want Heracles as I play him on another site sometimes.
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Heracles
Spoiler: show
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Kiyohime is really pretty, definitely my favorite. Lots of them I'd want too. :) Nitocris and Jack would be top favorite too I think, and probably Illya. (Who DOESN'T like Tamamo?! :mrgreen: )
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

Oooh, a Lancer Medusa... Though Gorgon seems interesting..
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Jinouga87 wrote:Aside from my waifus I want Heracles as I play him on another site sometimes.
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Heracles
Well Heracles is "the strongest in the world! -- Illya" (Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoi dakara! -- Illya)

If you're okay with spoiler, there's videos of him soloing bosses in game with no continue. He's an awesome choice.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

That kinda sounds like good news... But... An unavoidable and dreadful question comes to mind: "Will it come censored?"

Because truth to be told... American localizations have been butchering an unnaturally high amount of material (games, anime, etc... you name it) and ruining the experience for the rest of the world in the process (from anime series like Naruto, Zatch Bell or even Dragon Ball Kai's Buu arc to games like Fire Emblem Fates, the Bravely Series or Dragon Ball Fusions).

Even the Deku Stick looks more intimidating than that

Let's be honest here, after all American localizations have done in the last few years... the sentence "(Insert media here) has finally come to the US" doesn't make me happy, but makes me brace for an inmininent, devastating and disappointing impact.

.P.S.: I wonder how they will botch Fate/GO, because let's face it.... THEY WILL BOTCH IT, AND IT WON'T BE PRETTY

.P.S.:
(Who DOESN'T like Tamamo?! :mrgreen: )
I know someone who doesn't, but turns out it's pretty much a "top tier only" kind of player and if someone doesn't have 5 stars or a broken skill it's pretty much garbage in his eyes (which is a kind of player I actually despise with a passion).
Anyway... The guy got a more than well deserved elbow strike at his Adam's apple coming from me (badmouthing my Tamamo...not on my watch ¬¬).
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Idk we could get lucky, they didn't censor the boobs in Fire Emblem Heroes. Everyone is enjoying Camilla's big bunny boobs in all of their massive glory (expect me of course). I haven't heard of a censored mobile game..yet.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

http://angkwan.com/aniplex-reveals-new- ... se-details#

Your fears are not needed.
article wrote:Shiokawa also touched on art censorship. Delightworks is handling the development of the North American app and there are no plans changing any of the content. He did comment, “However, when it comes to game ratings, the U.S. has a different game rating style and rules that we have to follow compared to Japan. If anything comes up that we have to change based on that rating…that’s possible, but we don’t want to change anything.”
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Animajunki123
High Priestess
High Priestess
Personal Title: Baphomet lover
Favorite Monster Type: Baphomet.

Post by Animajunki123 »

My biggest concern comes into play when I wonder if we will be able to get the pre-order exclusive saber Lily. I see nothing of the sort when it comes to saber lily or preordering for that matter
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Flare wrote:http://angkwan.com/aniplex-reveals-new- ... se-details#

Your fears are not needed.
article wrote:Shiokawa also touched on art censorship. Delightworks is handling the development of the North American app and there are no plans changing any of the content. He did comment, “However, when it comes to game ratings, the U.S. has a different game rating style and rules that we have to follow compared to Japan. If anything comes up that we have to change based on that rating…that’s possible, but we don’t want to change anything.”
I figured! And wow, the game looks soooo good. It's going to blow away all the competition!
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

And I see that Tamamo even comes in kitty flavor... and fights in a maid outfit.

Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Flare wrote:And I see that Tamamo even comes in kitty flavor... and fights in a maid outfit.
Until you fully awaken her then she goes naked apron mode.