Fate Grand Order

AT EFFING LAST!!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Re: Fate Grand Order is coming to the US

Post by Feathers »

Can you change their costumes or are you stuck with the same look?
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis
Favorite Monster Type: None

Post by Jinouga87 »

Feathers wrote:Can you change their costumes or are you stuck with the same look?
I think the only way to change costumes is to Ascend the Servant which is like evolving them.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Jinouga87 wrote:
Feathers wrote:Can you change their costumes or are you stuck with the same look?
I think the only way to change costumes is to Ascend the Servant which is like evolving them.
Yep. You can change their Saint Graph (the picture on their card - only shows during servant select), their sprite, and their action icons. Most have four sets of pictures for the Saint Graph and three sets of sprites and icons, but the "welfare" SR's usually only have two sets (one for their regular state and one for their fully ascended state).
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl

Post by Flare »

June 25 is it's release date.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Might be the first Mobile that game I play religiously since Summoners War (having a full harpy party was the best). I tried MLP but I can't get past the daily log in reward haha. Same with Fire Emblem.
DogKama
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Lupine Sentinel
Favorite Monster Type: Werewolf/WulfGuard

Post by DogKama »

Feathers wrote:Might be the first Mobile that game I play religiously since Summoners War (having a full harpy party was the best). I tried MLP but I can't get past the daily log in reward haha. Same with Fire Emblem.
I tried MLP has well and almost had to play it every 20 mins to get my gold so I wouldn't have to buy gems. Than right as I was about to beat nightmare moon, the game started making me have to spend gems in order to progress, so I deleted nearly three straight weeks of work in about 5 seconds. Never looked back.

MY Wulfguard wife FonFon!
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Well, can attest that it's now a lot easior to get gems, as they are now given as daily rewards, and sometimes you get a bonus one for the price of watching an ad.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

This is going to be so hype. June 25th can't come fast enough.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Flare wrote:Well, can attest that it's now a lot easior to get gems, as they are now given as daily rewards, and sometimes you get a bonus one for the price of watching an ad.
I feel somewhat glad and somewhat sad to hear this at the same time.

I feel that the rate you get Saint Quartz (gems) in the Japanese version is actually quite perfect. Its not extremely rare to the point that they're hard to get (they can be gotten through login bonuses and completing master missions), but they are not so easy to get as to cheapen their worth.

It's just the RNG for the gacha that seems to screw everyone over (It's rumored to be 1% for SSR rarity).

While I feel bad for the people who get screwed by the gacha and blow all their quartz, making quartz easier to get doesn't make the chances of getting the SSR any higher. And while you use that amount of quartz, some lucky player uses the same amount and gets more copies enabling them to strengthen their servant more.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Blake81
Sun
Sun
Official Title: TMM's Resident Hacker
Personal Title: Scribe Blake Arc-Garian
Favorite Monster Type: Tsundere Anubis MOE!

Post by Blake81 »

dragonstryke58 wrote:While I feel bad for the people who get screwed by the gacha and blow all their quartz, making quartz easier to get doesn't make the chances of getting the SSR any higher. And while you use that amount of quartz, some lucky player uses the same amount and gets more copies enabling them to strengthen their servant more.
Doesn't Fate GO has bulk draws? Y'know, that thing where you draw ten-five times at once.

In Granblue, I've found it's far better than just better to do that; you get more SSRs like that, and GB also has a 1% chance of it (raised to 2 or 3 in some events).
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Blake81 wrote:Doesn't Fate GO has bulk draws? Y'know, that thing where you draw ten-five times at once.

In Granblue, I've found it's far better than just better to do that; you get more SSRs like that, and GB also has a 1% chance of it (raised to 2 or 3 in some events).
Yes, Fate GO has 10 draws. The mechanic for 10 draws is that you are at least guaranteed a R servant and a card of SR rarity or higher (servant or craft essence) in the pull. It still doesn't change the fact that the chances of each single pull within the 10 draw is still 1% for SSRs.

In my bitter experience with the gacha, I have made 25 ten draws trying to get an SSR, using up 1k (at the time 10 rolls were 40 gems) saved quartz and bought quartz, only to end up with nothing but salt. The same could be said for a close friend of mine who recently spent close to 800 USD (32+ 10 rolls if you include his saved quartz) just to get a single SSR in the gacha.

As for the gacha, it has always been 1% for SSRs -- even during rate up events. All the rate up events mean is that when you do pull an SSR of that class, it will have a higher probability of being the servant on rate up.

I think that the main point I'm trying to make is that I hope people don't confuse that being able to get quartz easier shouldn't equal them being able to get the servants they want easier. It's like trying to win a jackpot at the slot machine. Throwing more money at the slot machine only increases the times you pull the lever NOT your chances of wining.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

It's FINALLY the day!
Chanterla
Magician
Magician
Personal Title: the mad doctor.
Favorite Monster Type: troll

Post by Chanterla »

now to wait for the servers to go live
Haters gonna hate, hatters gonna hat, potatoes gonna potate.......I have no clue where I'm going with this.

Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

Well, got it downloaded. Already started calling Olga "That Bitch."

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Flare wrote:Well, got it downloaded. Already started calling Olga "That Bitch."
HAHA I know, right?? Mash is cute though, I think. I'm not super power leveling anything, going to try to play legit. If I get to the point that I need to buff them up to the MAX with all those free buff cards, then I will. I didn't get anything amazing with all my free summons, but that makes it more exciting to have something I want. I'm just using Robin Hood and Mash at the moment.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

I already got two of the three Gorgon sisters here. :)

kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

I tried to play but i get an error code 60 when using qooapp or apkpure -_-
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

...Well, I admit, this just... wow.

dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Flare wrote:...Well, I admit, this just... wow.

Yeah...people have been meme'ing that for the last 24 hours...
kukuruyo wrote:I tried to play but i get an error code 60 when using qooapp or apkpure -_-
It might be because FGO killed some of the emulators a while back. Try this link for a guide on how to play on PC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/com ... lay_on_pc/
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Flare wrote:...Well, I admit, this just... wow.

It seems like an awful localization job...
...The lass is meant to be an idol (so to speak) in the NasuVerse, not a member of the Vato Brothers

Well... I just hope that the American version keeps this kind of things to a minimum though... since a poor localization is as much of a sin as a censorship.
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014