Fate Grand Order

AT EFFING LAST!!

Discuss video games from platforms such as XBOX, Nintendo, Playstation, PC, etc.
Flare
Sun
Sun
Official Title: Gallery Mod
Personal Title: Firey snakey girl
Favorite Monster Type: None

Re: Fate Grand Order is coming to the US

Post by Flare »

Thankfully, it does seem to be an isolated one with her. The Servants I've gotten so far haven't had anything facepalmworthy.

And so far, I got the following in use:

Mash, Stheno, (Open Friend Servent slot). And in my sub slots, I got Lancelot (Berserker), and Medusa (Rider), and I got Kiyohime (Berserker) as another option that I'm planning on putting in once I get enough space, but willing to change if I get something nice. (Even more if I get her Lancer form. :D )
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Be sure to visit the gallery! We got lotsa pics!
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance
Personal Title: Harpy King
Favorite Monster Type: Half Bird/Half Woman

Post by Feathers »

Game is fun definitely my favorite mobile game.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: Protector of Lolis

Post by Jinouga87 »

I've been using Kiyohime, Mata Hari, Mashu, and Saber Lily. Mata Hari has already Acended once and has the highest Nond.
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I summoned Saint Martha as my 4 gold star, and I really like her character personality and design. A perfect holy priestess? What luck. I really like Mash, can't get myself to kick her out of the team. I know very minimal about the Fate world, but I already finding it really interesting. Hopefully Olga Marie dies or tries to betray me or something, soon.. she's easily the worst part of the game, I think, heh.
Kaijin
Emperor
Emperor
Official Title: Pokémon Expert
Personal Title: Totally jannock fellow
Favorite Monster Type: Vulpine Waifu...

Post by Kaijin »

Hopefully Olga Marie dies or tries to betray me or something, soon.. she's easily the worst part of the game, I think, heh.
You can always check on the wiki to see if your wishes are granted or not, but for now you should learn to enjoy your very own Rin Tohsaka-esque knock off.

Dost thou not love me perchance? But thou must!
And Kaijin you are the "Perentie" of this place, IMO.
Feathers,August 16th, 2014
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

There was way too many long cutscenes at the start of the game and not enough battles. They should've had more battles in between talking so it felt like I was clearing monsters out of the area so we could talk. Then again that may also be due to me seeing the first OVA made for the game. I mean was it really needed for Olga to tell me about Servant classes while there monsters around us?
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

You could always skip the cutscenes.
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons (book)

Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Okay they did a good job with screwing with me with that twist
Spoiler: show
Olga twist...blah, I feel kind of sad for her now. >.< Well I guess that's what happens when you fall in love with a devil!
Personally I LOVE the story and characters. Mostly, except for Leonardo, omg, I hope "he" has a twist too. -_- Fate is good at making lovable AND annoying characters, bravo!
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

You know, I had a thought. Should we be getting on each other's friend lists for the game? I know in-game Friend Servants get to use their Noble Phantasms, so that's one benefit there...

kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

dragonstryke58 wrote:
It might be because FGO killed some of the emulators a while back. Try this link for a guide on how to play on PC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/com ... lay_on_pc/
It says that emulators and some phones are dead to play it. it seems one of them is mine :/. Luckilly maybe they'll fix it
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

Sure if people wanna add their number here or in PMs I'll add them.
Jinouga87
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jinouga87 »

Friend ID is 018,992,122
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I do have on the Mash card, for the bonus 75 friend points.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon
Personal Title: Shiris's Slave Husband
Favorite Monster Type: Anubis, Lilim, Arisufizu (MGQ)

Post by dragonstryke58 »

kukuruyo wrote:
dragonstryke58 wrote:
It might be because FGO killed some of the emulators a while back. Try this link for a guide on how to play on PC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/com ... lay_on_pc/
It says that emulators and some phones are dead to play it. it seems one of them is mine :/. Luckilly maybe they'll fix it
It think the emu's being dead is more a bug that recently happened that killed permissions for many players. I remember seeing posts about that happening just the other day.

The thing is for that however, if I recall correctly, the bug was only in the JP version and not the NA version, so maybe the NA version of FGO remains unaffected. That would mean that you can still play on Memu, dual-boot Remix and VBOX Remix.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

It's too bad the game is so strongly based on the stars of a character. Makes the impressive list of characters mostly useless. A continued crappy part of mobile games. Some of them let you increase star level with some effort (time or money), but this one, it seems like waste. Some really neat looking low starred characters I've seen (personally a fan of Mozart), but they are held back by stars..such a shame they are forever outshined by the dev's favorites.
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Feathers wrote:It's too bad the game is so strongly based on the stars of a character. Makes the impressive list of characters mostly useless. A continued crappy part of mobile games. Some of them let you increase star level with some effort (time or money), but this one, it seems like waste. Some really neat looking low starred characters I've seen (personally a fan of Mozart), but they are held back by stars..such a shame they are forever outshined by the dev's favorites.
Actually that's not entirely true. Even in end game content, there are some players that utilize non-gold servants. I've seen team comps that consistently use silver and bronze servants (2 and 3 star servants) that pull off end game content without the use of command seals or quartz. I still hear a lot about how Cu Chulainn (FSN Lancer) to this day saves everyone's ass because he always stays alive to deal the final blow after every other servant had been wiped out.

From what many of the veteran JP player base say, it's not (as) heavily about the star weight of a servant, but the strategy you use when you put together your team composition and the skill kits each servant has. Sure star weight might make things a bit easier, but I'm certain that lower star servants can be just as good as higher star servants.

I've seen quite a few videos on youtube of player doing things with 2, 3, and 4 star servants that I can't do with my team of generally mainly 5 stars all because I don't generally prioritize strategizing my team comp and the servants skill sets.

Also, if you're talking about increasing star level, FGO sort of has a system like that in place. The pallingenesis increases the max level of a servant and it is possible to get all servants to a max level of 100.
I thought that love had given up on me...but while I was here, I found that love had different shapes and was in different places. I experienced so many types of love. After traveling this world, I can say this for certain: I love monster girls! --Shuu from To the World of MGE
Feathers
Temperance
Temperance

Post by Feathers »

I figured you would make a post like that, but it's beyond my point.. my point was missed entirely. 5 star units will always make the game stale. It kills strategic thinking before it even begins. This is especially bad on mobile games with arenas. As I said I before, the complaint was for mobile games in general. I suppose it's a result of the newer society though. Video games practically throw "easy mode" in people's face (some even quiet literally do this in the newer RPGs) these days. -_-

Let's be honest though, it's not just a bit easier, it's A LOT easier. :/ A 5 star Jeanee has usually much more HP and damage of 3-4 stars even when she is a much lower level. I heard about certain 3 stars being very good, but it sounds like they were "miss-starred" (CuChu lancer is popular for his Gáe Bulg) from what people were saying on the Reddit channel (I'm not completely ignorant I did read up some, hehe). You also forgot about the 1 stars...poor guys.

I get that you were trying to cheer me up though and give me up, I appreciate it. It's a mobile rant in general, as I said. The story's good though, and probably the best I've seen on mobile, so it's very much worth playing for that (Mash and Jeanne are wonderful girls). :)

My complaint is complete for now though, I already feel the "agree to disagree" coming on, at least for now. I need to complete the game before I can give a further argument about it. So just consider it a "first impression" of the first 2 chapters.

(How are people so quick to reply to my posts while I am editing them and yet the forum is dead all day. X_X)
dragonstryke58
Moon
Moon

Post by dragonstryke58 »

Feathers wrote:I figured you would make a post like that, but it's beyond my point.. my point was missed entirely. 5 star units will always make the game stale. It kills strategic thinking before it even begins. This is especially bad on mobile games with arenas. As I said I before, the complaint was for mobile games in general. I suppose it's a result of the newer society though. Video games practically throw "easy mode" in people's face (some even quiet literally do this in the newer RPGs) these days. -_-

Let's be honest though, it's not just a bit easier, it's A LOT easier. :/ The 5 star Jeanee has double the HP and damage of my characters even when she is a much lower level. I heard about certain 3 stars being very good, but it sounds like they were "miss-starred" from what people were saying on the Reddit channel (I'm not completely ignorant I did read up hehe).

I get you were trying to cheer me up though and give me up, I appreciate it. It's a mobile rant in general, as I said. The story's good though, and probably the best I've seen on mobile, so it's very much worth playing. :)
I see your point now.

True, for most of the game, you can literally power through with little strategic thinking if you have good 5 stars (especially with Waver and later on a couple other 5 stars belonging to the current meta). Although it's a ways off, the Camelot chapter is where things actually get harder, forcing players to think a little more about their team comp (or part with their quartz).

But I guess the main fact remains, like you said, star weight for most characters does make it easier. I just suppose that's part of the culture nowadays. Since a lot of people spend money to get a certain 5 star, they need to feel "it's worth it" in some way. It needs to have an effect on gameplay not just visually.

Well in any case, if you find a lower star weight servant you like, I suggest grailing them (I am of the faction that grails for love rather than stats). Toward the endgame despite having increased allowance on team cost, it is still impossible to have a team of all 5 star servants with 5 star CEs. That being the case, having a lower star weight servant (and therefore lower team cost) at a higher level will make team composition easier with the servant you like.

Unfortunately for me, though, my favorite servants that I grailed in JP (Tamamo no Mae and Musashi) are 5 star so my grail for love ended up not making my team comp any easier :^^;:
kukuruyo
Emperor
Emperor
Personal Title: The Evil Artist

Post by kukuruyo »

I managed to make it work with Memu :D, it disconnects and freezes a lot but it works. I didn't got any 5 stars on the beginning but i think i got a nice panel of 4 stars: Emiya, Saber Lily (well, duh), Carmilla, Medusas's sister whose name i never remember but she's an assassin, about 4 or 5 of the 5 stars Crafts and then Cu chulainn, Robin hood and Cesar, whom i've read are good chars.

I've yet to learn a lot about the game but i've read that the game allows for comps with chars of any stars because they make good comps with cards, skills, etc, like chars who buff the NP charge of others, etc. You can also equip them Craft so there are probably some nice combos of a 2 stars char with X high level craft and such.
Flare
Sun
Sun

Post by Flare »

I'll just say this: Just because you have the option, does mean you have to use it. :)

And for some reason, Kiyohime (Berserker) must REALLY like me, as I already got bond level 5 with her, while no one else is above bond level 2... (And yeah, I know her bond point requirements are lower then others.)